Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

IF THIS IS A 'LOST' THREAD I'M PROBABLY WHINING ABOUT
STABBEY THE MEANY

siriuslysomething posted:

This was really cool. Thanks for the effort post.

Are we doing a last place (toilet bowl) game again this year. It was one of my 2 wins last year and I would love for someone else to have a chance to end on a good note (and the loser feel awful about their team).

You know it. We'll do the toilet bowl next week.

This reminds me to restart the weekly recaps next year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

siriuslysomething
Feb 5, 2013

He's so fast!

(and probably broken)
Already feeling like I made all the wrong choices this week.

siriuslysomething
Feb 5, 2013

He's so fast!

(and probably broken)
So uh I got nervous about my northwestern defense and they scored 61 points on the bench. I guess I'm happy my actual team won when I thought they were going to get smacked?

siriuslysomething fucked around with this message at 00:59 on Nov 22, 2015

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
All I need is my qb and 2 hbs to outscore a kicker by 30 :pray:

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
I've taken the lead :getin:

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Brandon Allen is cool and good.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true
Next year we should go ahead and roll with 5-8 as well. More people involved, less boring to end the season. Hell, we could do 1-20, give the bottom 4 byes into the last 2 weeks.

Sorry, I'm bored.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Maybe you should win more if you're so bored

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
I'm going to the championship game!!!! WOOOOOOOO :dance::snoop::parrot::peanut::dukedog:

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Metapod posted:

I'm going to the championship game!!!! WOOOOOOOO :dance::snoop::parrot::peanut::dukedog:

Where you get to face my bulldozer of a team which has inexplicably reached it's peak under Brandon Allen. Good luck.

Also, if you guys liked my Semifinal roundup, I've got something else that I'm working on for after the season that I think is kinda cool.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
The Vince Young Express rolls through everyone when it matters the most

I did enjoy your roundup I hope whatever you're working on is just as good if not better

siriuslysomething
Feb 5, 2013

He's so fast!

(and probably broken)

Yoshifan823 posted:

Where you get to face my bulldozer of a team which has inexplicably reached it's peak under Brandon Allen. Good luck.

Also, if you guys liked my Semifinal roundup, I've got something else that I'm working on for after the season that I think is kinda cool.

Congrats. I didn't trust my defense Luke falk got hurt and it probably wouldn't have been enough anyways.

Oh well. A fun year of fantasy.

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

STABBEY THE MEANY
Final matchup is up.

Along with the toilet bowl, of course.

Spintzel
Dec 31, 2007

Distractions makes it better when ya take up the ENTIRE ROAD
My team sucked hardcore but dammit I won't be the worst!

Fork of Unknown Origins
Oct 21, 2005
Gotta Herd On?
I wouldn't want to expand the playoffs because the season is short as it is and we can't really go any further, but I wouldn't mind a "bowl week" in the championship week so we all have at least something to do.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

Fork of Unknown Origins posted:

I wouldn't want to expand the playoffs because the season is short as it is and we can't really go any further, but I wouldn't mind a "bowl week" in the championship week so we all have at least something to do.

Yeah, what I'm thinking is that the losers of the quarterfinals go on to play the other losers and play that out to get a 5-8. Then 9-16 have their own playoff, and 17-20 get a bye and then their own "championship"

At least gives the 16 people that aren't vying for a place something to be involved in. Otherwise this thread dies even more. And I'm bored.

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

STABBEY THE MEANY

Fork of Unknown Origins posted:

A bowl week would loving own. From the first bowl to the end - one GIANT WEEK.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true
I am so disappointed that none of the people still playing picked up Chris Warren against the TTU defense.

Screw you Mike Leach.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true
poo poo guys, I would have had 200 points between 2 RB's and a QB at this point. I could have been on my way to a 400 point day.

e: add in Ayers, bump that up to 260 points. Agh.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Addison with 4 tds :getin:

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Growing more optimistic that I might actually pull this off

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I am ahead right now, which I will relish while I can, because Chad Kelly is gonna eviscerate me.

edit: Why would you bench Jahad Thomas?

Yoshifan823 fucked around with this message at 01:20 on Nov 29, 2015

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Thomas has been banged up and not getting the workload the previous 2 weeks.

Doesn't matter because Kelly is clinching this up

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Metapod posted:

Thomas has been banged up and not getting the workload the previous 2 weeks.

Doesn't matter because Kelly is clinching this up

Yeah, you've got this in the bag after that first half from Kelly. Good game.

Spintzel
Dec 31, 2007

Distractions makes it better when ya take up the ENTIRE ROAD
Not last :dance:

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
I'M THE WORLD HEAVY WEIGHT CHAMPION

view: https://youtu.be/e52OHLEsBa0

Edit:

Metapod fucked around with this message at 07:17 on Nov 29, 2015

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

STABBEY THE MEANY
CONGRATS TO METAPOD, OUR CHAMPION

FIRST TIME PLAYER, FIRST TIME WINNER

We all suck.

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Alrighty folks, I told you I was working on something, and since I'm not gonna wait another two weeks for the actual award season, that means right now is as good a time as any for...

SAS CFF Awards! I found a way to gather stats really quickly, and not just overall stats, but specifically points earned by players during games, and not if they're on the bench/the wire. So, I can figure out exactly who earned their wage, and who was more important than everyone else. We start with All-Fantasy Teams. These are just the top players at the position, so first team all american has the best QB, Defense, Kicker, etc. and second team has the next best. Without further ado...

First Team All-Fantasy:
QB: Patrick Mahomes II (TTU, Mahomes is where the heart is) - 791.25 Points
RB: Christian McCaffrey (Stanford, Super Demario Bros) - 658 Points
RB: Leonard Fournette (LSU, Joey Freshwater's Bar Brigade) - 562 Points
WR: Jakeem Grant (TTU, I Don't Even Like Football Anymore) - 485 Points
WR: Corey Coleman (Baylor, Coleman and Doctson, LPP) - 460.25 Points
RB/WR: Tyler Ervin (SJSU, West Texas Teardrops) - 520 Points
TE: Jaylen Samuels (NCSt, Swagger? We've Got Fagger!) - 247.5 Points
DEF: Alabama (Taylor Martinez's Broken Spirit) - 505.25 Points
K: Jake Elliot (Memphis, #Volsdeep) - 189.5 Points

Second Team All-Fantasy:
QB: Trevone Boykin (TCU, Tyler MF Sash) - 759 Points
RB: Derrick Henry (Bama, Swagger? We've got Fagger) - 498.5 Points
RB: Royce Freeman (Oregon, West Texas Teardrops) - 488.5 Points
WR: Josh Doctson (TCU, Coleman and Doctson, LPP) - 400.5 Points
WR: C.J. Prosise (ND, The Glory Gloryhole) - 370 Points
RB/WR: Dalvin Cook (FSU, The Paterno People) - 480 Points
TE: Hunter Henry (Ark, I Don't Even Like Football Anymore) - 146.75 Points
DEF: Florida (Swagger) - 455 Points
K: Austin Seibert (Oklahoma, Fitz's Fiends) - 171 Points

As you can see, there's a pretty wide representation here. 18 positions, 13 teams with at least one player in the first two teams, and only Swagger? We've got Fagger has more than two players (very impressive given their 3-7 record!) Most of these guys are on end of year lists regardless, but it's cool to see Tyler Ervin getting some respect, and just how dominant a stat-compiler McCaffery is.

Next, we have a special award. First, the Journeyman Award, given to the player who earned the most points over the most teams. That award goes to Joshua Perkins, Tight End from the University of Washington, who played a total of four games for three different teams, collecting 50 points in total.

Next, a quick Trade Evaluation! We had three trades over the course of the season, and it's always interesting to see who wins out at the end of the year.

Trade 1
Doeren's Drunkards received Matthew Dayes and Brad Kaaya, who scored 187 points for their new team
Coleman and Doctson LPP received Dane Evans, who scored 326 points for his new team
Coleman/Doctson gets a brand new starter, but the Drunkards didn't end up with nothing.

Trade 2
Tyler MF Sash 4eva received Gabe Marks, who scored 296 points for his new team
Joey Freshwater's Bar Brigade received D'haquille Williams and De'veon Smith, who scored 44 points for their new team
The Bar Brigade, however, did get pretty much nothing. Tyler MF Sash got the win here.

Trade 3
Fitz's Fiends received Cody Kessler and Keyarris Garrett, who scored 135 total points for their new team.
West Texas Teardrops received Greg Ward Jr. and Trever Ryen, who scored 143 points for their new team.
A very even trade overall, but West Texas Teardrops gets it in the end.

Ever wonder how well you drafted? Well, I actually took the time to figure that poo poo out.

Draft Rankings: (overall points ranking)
1: Beamer’s Steamers: 2514 (3)
2: Resident Evil Richtvolution: 2258 (9)
3: Super Damario Bros: 2109.75 (10)
4: West Texas Teardrops: 2090 (1)
5: Paterno People: 2066 (6)
6: Swagger? We got Fagger!: 2048.25 (16)
7: Coleman and Doctson, LLP: 2041.25 (2)
8: Fitz’s Fiends: 1980.5 (7)
9: #VolsDeep: 1927.5 (17)
10: I Don’t Even Like Football Anymore: 1843.25 (14)
11: Vince Young Express: 1842.5 (8)
12: Doeren’s Drunkards: 1753.5 (18)
13: Mahomes is where the heart is: 1711.25 (4)
14: Taylor Martinez’s Broken Spirit: 1656.5 (19)
15: University of Phoenix: 1623.25 (12)
16: Tyler MF Sash 4Eva: 1607 (5)
17: The Glory Glory Hole: 1367.25 (13)
18: Dabo Baptismal: 1333.75 (11)
19: Joey Freshwater’s Bar Brigade: 1013.5 (15)
20: Boomer Sooner Y’all: 801.75 (20)

As you can see, Mahomes is where the heart is and Tyler MF Sash did themselves justice picking up players over the course of the season, while Swagger and #Volsdeep dropped the ball in terms of keeping up.

Finally, we get to the piece dè resistance, the Fantasy Heisman! Instead of just giving this to Patrick Mahomes II, king of points, I went a more interesting route, basically calculating the most valuable player of each team, and figuring out who was the most important part of their team's season:

First, the 15 players that led their team who didn't make the Heisman "voting", and how much of the total season points they contributed:

Leonard Fournette (RB, LSU) - 22.7%, Joey Freshwater's Bar Brigade
Seth Russell (QB, Baylor) - 21.2%, Resident Evil Richtvolution
Deshaun Watson (QB, Clemson) - 20.6%, I Don't Even Like Football Anymore
Baker Mayfield (QB, Oklahoma) - 18.2%, Beamer’s Steamers
Dalvin Cook (RB, FSU) - 17.5%, The Paterno People
Luke Falk (QB, WSU) - 17.3%, Fitz’s Fiends
Royce Freeman (RB, Oregon) - 16.2, West Texas Teardrops
Derrick Henry (RB, Bama) - 15.9%, Swagger? We've got Fagger
Devontae Booker (RB, Utah) - 15.9%, Dabo Baptismal
C.J. Prosise (WR, ND) - 14.8%, The Glory Glory-hole
Will Fuller (WR, ND) - 14.6%, Doeren’s Drunkards
Corey Coleman (WR, Baylor) - 13.7%, Coleman and Doctson, LLP
DeAndre Washington (RB, TTU) - 13.5%, Vince Young Express
Joshua Dobbs (QB, Tenn) - 13.4%, #Volsdeep
Jordan Canzeri (RB, Iowa) - 13%, Boomer Sooner Y'all

The person who had their points the most spread out was Boomer Sooner, whose best player had just 13 percent of the total, which I'll tell you now is half of the total percentage that the Heisman winner gave to their team. Two players of note not on this list: Christian McCafferey and the Alabama Defense. McCaffery and his teammate (who is in the top five) made up an outstanding 45% of their their team's season points total, meaning that over 10 weeks of play, 18 total starting positions out of 100 provided almost half of the points. The Alabama Defense, on the other hand, is notable because it was worth almost 22 percent of their team's total (Taylor Martinez's Broken Spirit), just a little more than a percentage point short of the top member of their team. And now, the top 5, and the winner...

Dak Prescott (QB, Miss St.) - 26.8%, University of Phoenix
Patrick Mahomes II (QB, TTU) - 25%, Mahomes is where the heart is
Jared Goff (QB, Cal) - 23.6%, Super Demario Bros
Trevone Boykin (QB, TCU) - 23.5%, Tyler MF Sash 4eva
Tommy Armstrong (QB, NU) - 23%, Taylor Martinez's Broken Spirits

To no one's surprise, they're all quarterbacks. The big scorers are both up here (Boykin/Mahomes), but Dak Prescott giving University of Phoenix over a quarter of their points over the season is a crazy stat. Probably still less important than he is to the actual Mississippi State football team.

Hopefully this is enlightening to all of you! I love loving around with stats, and this gave me a great opportunity to do just that. It's been a fun season (even if I got massacred in the finals, much like Iowa will sooner or later), and I'm excited for next year.

Quandary
Jan 29, 2008
This season did not go well for me, to say the least.

JesustheDarkLord
May 22, 2006

#VolsDeep
Lipstick Apathy
this gay earth was truly hosed this year

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

STABBEY THE MEANY

Yoshifan823 posted:

Alrighty folks, I told you I was working on something, and since I'm not gonna wait another two weeks for the actual award season, that means right now is as good a time as any for...

Hopefully this is enlightening to all of you! I love loving around with stats, and this gave me a great opportunity to do just that. It's been a fun season (even if I got massacred in the finals, much like Iowa will sooner or later), and I'm excited for next year.

This is loving amazing.

This also makes me realize how few of my players actually met my high expectations!

Great write-up, great loving analysis. I'm loving the look at trades, as I'm always nervous about the outcome of any trade!

ONTO 2016

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

Yoshifan823 posted:

Really cool stuff. I'm glad that there is proof that my matchup strategy worked out fairly well, though it let me down in week 11. Also Mahomes got robbed.

Please let me draft him again next year.

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
If you guys want the spreadsheet I worked up with all of the offensive players (kickers and defense aren't on there because they have a different set of stats and analysis of those was easy enough without a spreadsheet), send me a PM or put your email address in the thread and I'll share it with you on Google Docs, I found it pretty interesting to play around with, and it's a lot easier to use than Fantrax (though the only reason it was easy to aggregate is because of Fantrax, so it all works out).

edit: It should also be noted, now that I've gone back and added "Round Drafted" to my spreadsheet instead of just "Draft/FA", we as a collective picked up two Pitt players in the first round. What the gently caress, guys?

Yoshifan823 fucked around with this message at 16:31 on Nov 30, 2015

The Piper
Feb 18, 2007

Step right up and greet the Mets
Congrats Metapod and awesome analysis Yoshifan. This league is tits.

my records the last 2 seasons:
regular season 16-2-2
playoffs : 0-2
:suicide:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Will Styles
Jan 19, 2005

The Piper posted:

Congrats Metapod and awesome analysis Yoshifan. This league is tits.

Well this was a fun year. I rode McCaffrey for all of my wins, shame my homer ASU picks turned out so poorly :(

I think next time I need to be more active on the FA/WW stuff.

• Locked thread