Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

Webbeh posted:

Brah this team has one good player

I aint givin him up

ja, I was giving you 2 good players to get 1 great player >_>

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Komet
Apr 4, 2003

It sure is easy to win when your opposing team's QB sucks poo poo and scores 0 points because he plays for Miami.

The Piper
Feb 18, 2007

Step right up and greet the Mets
Kayakyakr, do the right thing and beat Taxes this week. Literally all of your impact players have juicy matchups.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

The Piper posted:

Kayakyakr, do the right thing and beat Taxes this week. Literally all of your impact players have juicy matchups.

I was trying to get Procise to make it more likely, but noooo.

But I'll certainly try.

I might actually sit Alex Collins vs UT-Martin... is that crazy? He'll go for a lot of yards probably, but that 25% penalty for it being an FCS team hurts. I guess, since he's literally the only RB that Arkansas has, he'll be playing long after they've pulled the rest of the starters.

Then there's Paul Perkins whose injury is not as severe as feared. He could be back this week or he could be held out, who knows...

And the Internet has nothing to say about Canzeri's ankle...

And knowing my luck, this will be the week that Shaq Washington shows up big, while Joe Mixon will get shut down by Kansas.

Agh, I hate fantasy sports! >_<

Spintzel
Dec 31, 2007

Distractions makes it better when ya take up the ENTIRE ROAD
To the guy with Seth Russell (and a bench of injuries), I have sent you a trade request

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

kayakyakr posted:

But I'll certainly try.

I might actually sit Alex Collins vs UT-Martin... is that crazy? He'll go for a lot of yards probably, but that 25% penalty for it being an FCS team hurts. I guess, since he's literally the only RB that Arkansas has, he'll be playing long after they've pulled the rest of the starters.

Then there's Paul Perkins whose injury is not as severe as feared. He could be back this week or he could be held out, who knows...

And the Internet has nothing to say about Canzeri's ankle...

And knowing my luck, this will be the week that Shaq Washington shows up big, while Joe Mixon will get shut down by Kansas.

Agh, I hate fantasy sports! >_<

Do not place any sort of weight on starting an Iowa Running Back. They are fragile and have a vengeful spirit out to get them at all times.

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy

Spintzel posted:

To the guy with Seth Russell (and a bench of injuries), I have sent you a trade request

Saw it. I'll give it a look tonight.

Fuckin hell, my team was just getting going too.

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

IF THIS IS A 'LOST' THREAD I'M PROBABLY WHINING ABOUT
STABBEY THE MEANY

kayakyakr posted:

THE WHEELS ARE IN MOTION

Taxes
Jan 26, 2010

From here, it's possible.
I feel a little icky having Stidham on my roster. Just a little.

Spintzel
Dec 31, 2007

The week of everyone playing their bench. Why is every team bye this week

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

Taxes posted:

I feel a little icky having Stidham on my roster. Just a little.

You should be ashamed! A SHAME ED

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Spintzel posted:

The week of everyone playing their bench. Why is every team bye this week

You all must be bad at planning, all of my starters this week are the best players I have at their position. And I have a Tight End that might score points. That would truly be a miracle.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

Yoshifan823 posted:

You all must be bad at planning, all of my starters this week are the best players I have at their position. And I have a Tight End that might score points. That would truly be a miracle.

I did that intentionally last year. Drafted and collected players who had a bye in a single week saying, "I'll take a loss that week". It worked out fairly well, went into the playoffs as the #2 seed. Buuuut, I was also the 8th top scorer and lost in the first round of the playoffs when my team laid a wet fart.

Spintzel
Dec 31, 2007

Swagger I sent you a trade for one of my extra QBs since you don't have one currently

The Piper
Feb 18, 2007

Fitz's Friends, are you going to update your roster?

siriuslysomething
Feb 5, 2013

He's so fast!

(and probably broken)

The Piper posted:

Fitz's Friends, are you going to update your roster?

Done. Real talk I hate holiday weeks at school. Sorry y'all.

Komet
Apr 4, 2003

drat, I'm pretty vulnerable this week. Elliott has a bye and Dalvin Cook is being held out against Syracuse, so I have to start my 3rd string pickup this week and a 4th string FA I just added to replace Cook. The Minnesota and Michigan RBs, playing against each other, are probably the best I can do this week. At least I've already clinched the playoff.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Torpedoed by a 112pt Prescott last week, and drew Boykin this week.

Gatdrat I can't catch a loving break.

Fork of Unknown Origins
Oct 21, 2005
Gotta Herd On?
I'll miss Linwood this week but it gives me an interesting decision at flex. Assume that Memphis will roll Tulane and Dorceus will get a ton of touches against a lovely D again or start Paul Harris from Hawaii since I at least know he'll get starter touches...

Spintzel
Dec 31, 2007

My team decided to play amazing this week. I'm already at 200 with only 4 players

I will gladly accept win number 2

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
I didn't realize Kyle Allen got benched :/

Spintzel
Dec 31, 2007

This Kayak and Taxes game is pretty crazy. I hope both of you finish over 300

Edit also I think you should get points when your WR throws a TD

Spintzel fucked around with this message at 01:42 on Nov 1, 2015

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

You really think someone would do that? Just go on the internet and be a llama?

oh for gently caress's sake he's starting 3 players, a kicker and a defense and he's still up forty loving points on me

The Piper
Feb 18, 2007

Oh, hello first place. Thanks Kayakyakr!

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
God Bless Mike Leach and his million-yard-a-minute offense for giving me Gabe Marks' go-ahead touchdown. I love winning at 11:30 at night.

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

STABBEY THE MEANY
goddamnit my team is a disaster

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Webbeh posted:

goddamnit my team is a disaster

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true
I beat taxes I beat taxes, wa wa wa wa I beat taxes

I'll probably lose in the first round of the playoffs, but it doesn't matter, my season has now been a success!

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true
Playoffs are pretty much set. There are two cases where the 3rd place team can tie the 2nd place team, but in only one is the gap in points manageable and even then, just barely.

Super Demario Bros would have to score something approaching 500 more points than Taxes (and hope for a Taxes loss) in order to overtake him. Resident Evil Richtvelations has a more manageable 120 points to make up, but his team has significantly fallen in the last few games and I think he's given his playoff spot away.

Seeding is still very much up in the air. Taxes and Piper can swap places with a loss on either side. The #1 overall seed is still up for grabs. Beamer's Steamers sits in that spot now, with Piper in 2nd, and me in 3rd, but a loss by him opens everything up.

Only Komet is locked in at 4th seed and will win the Taxes/Piper lottery.

Tyler MF Sash 4eva is pretty much locked into the 6th seed barring a monumental collapse. Fit'z Friends has a 100 point lead on Vince Young Express, but a win or loss either way can swap their order.

The schedule is not in favor of any big changes, though. No playoff-bound team is playing another playoff-bound team. In an odd bit of coincidence, every last place team won last week, so crazier things have happened.

Taxes
Jan 26, 2010

From here, it's possible.
Gah, I hope my team hasn't fallen off the rails. Christian Kirk, Peyton Barber, & Greg Ward Jr. are in a crazy drought.

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
Baylor's QB going down completely hosed my season

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

STABBEY THE MEANY
Sorry for this QB play, Komet.

Spintzel
Dec 31, 2007

Either I am forgetful as hell or fantrax swapped up my lineup. I fixed most of it but the qb I thought I had started already is playing :negative:

Fork of Unknown Origins
Oct 21, 2005
Gotta Herd On?
You might have forgotten to hit the "save changes" button that every other fantasy UI I use has gotten rid of.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true
Welp, left a 50+ point scorer on my bench. My "matchup" play of the week has rushed for 2.8 ypc against a terrible UNM squad.

>_<

My game against my week 10 cupcake opponent is going to come down to a backup RB vs a USF WR...

Just had to make things interesting.

e2: Thank you garbage time vs ISU.

kayakyakr fucked around with this message at 04:44 on Nov 8, 2015

The Piper
Feb 18, 2007

I'm a division champ! :woop:

(pops champagne)

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

The Piper posted:

I'm a division champ! :woop:

(pops champagne)

Congrats fellow division champ! Sorry about Doctson going down, that kinda sucks if he misses any time.

You also beat me out by 90ish points for the 2nd seed. Taxes had a better last game and beat you out for the top scoring crown, though. I won for most points against of the playoff contenders. Dabo Baptismal combines the third highest points for for non-playoff contenders with the highest points against of everyone (by a pretty large margin). Super Demario Bros is the unlucky one, the only team to win more than 6 games to also miss the playoffs.

Looks like the playoff matchups will be:

Beamer's Steamers vs Vince Young Express
Coleman and Doctson, LLP vs Fitz's Friends
Mahomes is where the heart is vs Tyler MF Sash 4eva
The Paterno People vs West Texas Teardrops

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

STABBEY THE MEANY

kayakyakr posted:

Congrats fellow division champ! Sorry about Doctson going down, that kinda sucks if he misses any time.

You also beat me out by 90ish points for the 2nd seed. Taxes had a better last game and beat you out for the top scoring crown, though. I won for most points against of the playoff contenders. Dabo Baptismal combines the third highest points for for non-playoff contenders with the highest points against of everyone (by a pretty large margin). Super Demario Bros is the unlucky one, the only team to win more than 6 games to also miss the playoffs.

Looks like the playoff matchups will be:

Beamer's Steamers vs Vince Young Express
Coleman and Doctson, LLP vs Fitz's Friends
Mahomes is where the heart is vs Tyler MF Sash 4eva
The Paterno People vs West Texas Teardrops

I'll run my patented "PLAYOFF SMIULATOR" routine tonight and get these placed up on Fantrax.

The Piper
Feb 18, 2007

My lack of WR depth is going to cost me at the worst possible time. If Doctson is badly hurt (and it looks like he is) I'm going to have to start a waiver-wire WR this week.

I also have 6 start-worthy RBs for 3 starting spots. I'm positive I'll pick the wrong 3.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

STABBEY THE MEANY
How the gently caress did we do playoffs last year?

Per division face-offs, or combined 8 team (highest versus lowest, etc)?

I can't remember :(

• Locked thread