Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

The Piper posted:

My lack of WR depth is going to cost me at the worst possible time. If Doctson is badly hurt (and it looks like he is) I'm going to have to start a waiver-wire WR this week.

I also have 6 start-worthy RBs for 3 starting spots. I'm positive I'll pick the wrong 3.

matchup-wise, I'd trade you one of my spare WR for one of your spare RB's, but I don't like any of your RB's :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

IF THIS IS A 'LOST' THREAD I'M PROBABLY WHINING ABOUT
STABBEY THE MEANY

kayakyakr posted:

Congrats fellow division champ! Sorry about Doctson going down, that kinda sucks if he misses any time.
Looks like the playoff matchups will be:

Beamer's Steamers vs Vince Young Express
Coleman and Doctson, LLP vs Fitz's Friends
Mahomes is where the heart is vs Tyler MF Sash 4eva
The Paterno People vs West Texas Teardrops

These are almost right. The proper schedule for the week is:

kayakyakr posted:

Coleman and Doctson, LLP vs Vince Young Express
Beamer's Steamers vs Fitz's Friends
Mahomes is where the heart is vs Tyler MF Sash 4eva
The Paterno People vs West Texas Teardrops

JesustheDarkLord
May 22, 2006

#VolsDeep
Lipstick Apathy
rip my lovely team

they never scored

The Piper
Feb 18, 2007

Step right up and greet the Mets
Nice, I get Metapod with his only QB on bye.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

Webbeh posted:

These are almost right. The proper schedule for the week is:

How did that work out? Did you throw out record after determining division champs so seeding is based on total points?

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

The Piper posted:

Nice, I get Metapod with his only QB on bye.

:argh:

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

STABBEY THE MEANY

kayakyakr posted:

How did that work out? Did you throw out record after determining division champs so seeding is based on total points?

Seeding's based on standing within division (1st place taking up seeds 1-4, 2nd place taking up seeds 5-8), ordered by record and then wins.

Did I make a mistake somewhere?

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

Webbeh posted:

Seeding's based on standing within division (1st place taking up seeds 1-4, 2nd place taking up seeds 5-8), ordered by record and then wins.

Did I make a mistake somewhere?

You've got Piper (8-1-1 2711.25 points) as #1 seed vs lowest seed Vince Young Express (6-4 2272 points). Beamers Steamers (9-1 2684.5 points) should be #1 and Piper should get #7 seed Fitz's Friends (6-4 2370.5 points).

You've got someone reversed in that set of 4.

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

STABBEY THE MEANY

kayakyakr posted:

You've got Piper (8-1-1 2711.25 points) as #1 seed vs lowest seed Vince Young Express (6-4 2272 points). Beamers Steamers (9-1 2684.5 points) should be #1 and Piper should get #7 seed Fitz's Friends (6-4 2370.5 points).

You've got someone reversed in that set of 4.

Fixed.

IM NOT WORTHY

The Piper
Feb 18, 2007

Coleman and Doctson, LLP lost one of its founding partners today. He will be replaced by some scub from the University of Cincinnati.

edit: and now evidently Doctson will play this Saturday? I'm going to be agonizing over my roster decisions for the next 48 hours.

The Piper fucked around with this message at 21:28 on Nov 12, 2015

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

The Piper posted:

Coleman and Doctson, LLP lost one of its founding partners today. He will be replaced by some scub from the University of Cincinnati.

edit: and now evidently Doctson will play this Saturday? I'm going to be agonizing over my roster decisions for the next 48 hours.

That's so very strange... It's going to go down to the wire for ya.

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

STABBEY THE MEANY

The Piper posted:

:tinfoil:

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Let's see if my team can survive without the 50+ PPG of Trevone Boykin. Spoiler: it cant

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Fun fact: 75% of the starting quarterbacks today play for a team in either Oklahoma or Texas.

Fork of Unknown Origins
Oct 21, 2005
Gotta Herd On?
Awesome, waited until I had the #1 seed in the playoffs to poo poo the bed.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Fork of Unknown Origins posted:

Awesome, waited until I had the #1 seed in the playoffs to poo poo the bed.

The Vince Young Express always comes through in the clutch :dukedog:

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I LOVE YOU MIKE LEACH YOU BEAUTIFUL PIRATE BASTARD

edit: Trevone Boykin had 5 points. I won. Michigan State's Defense is beautiful, Gabe Marks is beautiful, Quadree Ollison and Elijah Hood are beautiful. The Kansas Jayhawks can get hosed hard, they tried to kill me but I won gently caress them aaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Yoshifan823 fucked around with this message at 08:34 on Nov 15, 2015

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true
#1 and #2 seeds go down. #3 seed loses while leaving 50 points on the bench. #4 seed demolishes the top scoring team in the league.

Wowy wowy.

e: nooooooooooooooooooOO! late point adjustment means I lose too!

e: gently caress! It was the Wazzou winning pass! >_<

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Upsets for the upset god! Turn this league upside down! Fight the power!

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

STABBEY THE MEANY
CHAOS REIGNS

siriuslysomething
Feb 5, 2013

He's so fast!

(and probably broken)
Thank you Xort!

The Piper
Feb 18, 2007

My team making GBS threads the bed in the first round of the playoffs. A tradition as old as time itself

Taxes
Jan 26, 2010

From here, it's possible.
Hail Satan

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

STABBEY THE MEANY
Hail Saban

Semifinals are set up as:

quote:

Vince Young Express vs. The Paterno People
Fitz's Friends vs Tyler MF Sash 4eva

get yer dicks ready

Komet
Apr 4, 2003

Penn State's defense coming off the bye is the edge I need to win this week. They are going to obliterate Michigan at home.

edit:

Wait, are there half points for FCS teams? FSU plays loving Chattanooga. Goddamn teams in the south scheduling cupcakes in November is horse poo poo.

Komet fucked around with this message at 16:26 on Nov 17, 2015

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

STABBEY THE MEANY

Komet posted:

Penn State's defense coming off the bye is the edge I need to win this week. They are going to obliterate Michigan at home.

edit:

Wait, are there half points for FCS teams? FSU plays loving Chattanooga. Goddamn teams in the south scheduling cupcakes in November is horse poo poo.

I have faith in you komet

JesustheDarkLord
May 22, 2006

#VolsDeep
Lipstick Apathy

Komet posted:

We don't get as many in conference though

Komet
Apr 4, 2003

You also don't play as many quality out of conference opponents as well, so there's that.

It's okay, I'm going to score like 50 points with my defense.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Webbeh posted:

I have faith in you komet

I see how it is

JesustheDarkLord
May 22, 2006

#VolsDeep
Lipstick Apathy

Komet posted:

You also don't play as many quality out of conference opponents as well, so there's that.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/ncaaf/sagarin/

Tennessee SOS: 13th
Penn State SOS: 66th

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Sorry about not accepting Barkley for Cook, komet. I've ridden this team this for, I'm gonna live or die by it. (also gently caress FSU)

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

STABBEY THE MEANY

Metapod posted:

I see how it is

COLLUSION

Komet
Apr 4, 2003

We purposefully didn't schedule any marquee OOC opponents for a few years because the sanction impacts. Not very exciting, but that's the reality of it. The schedule in the next 10 years looks pretty good with Pitt back on, WVU, and VT. We had solid opponents every year before 2012.

Yoshifan823 posted:

Sorry about not accepting Barkley for Cook, komet. I've ridden this team this for, I'm gonna live or die by it. (also gently caress FSU)

It was a gamble either way. I just have a good feeling about Barkley this week, but he could just as easily rush only 60 yards.

JesustheDarkLord
May 22, 2006

#VolsDeep
Lipstick Apathy

Komet posted:

We purposefully didn't schedule any marquee OOC opponents for a few years because the sanction impacts. Not very exciting, but that's the reality of it. The schedule in the next 10 years looks pretty good with Pitt back on, WVU, and VT. We had solid opponents every year before 2012.

Penn State
2011: 31st (Indiana State, Alabama, Temple, Eastern Michigan)
2010: 41st (Youngstown State, Alabama, Kent State, Temple)
2009: 73rd (Akron, Syracuse, Temple, Eastern Illinois)
2008: 55th (Coastal Carolina, Oregon State, Syracuse, Temple)
2007: 63rd (FIU, Notre Dame, Buffalo, Temple)

Tennessee
2011: 12th
2010: 43rd
2009: 21st
2008: 31st
2007: 9th

I don't even remember what the point was now but at least I got to look at football instead of work

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
So, since everyone has all of their players playing tomorrow, and I’m as excited as I’ve been for this league in a few years, I figured I’d do a quick write-up for tomorrows Semifinal matchups.

Matchup One

Team Name: Vince Young Express
User: Metapod
Regular Season Record: 6-4 (2nd in wheez memorial)
Total Points (Overall Point Ranking): 2272 (9th)
Top Players:
DeAndre Washington (RB, Texas Tech) - 416 Points
Kyle Allen (QB, Texas A&M) - 319 Points
Jahad Thomas (RB, Temple) - 308 Points
Biggest Draft Bust: Drafted a kicker in the 6th round.
Biggest Victory: Week 10, VYE rolled over Dabo Baptismal with a final score of 325-198, riding a 118 point performance from Chad Kelly, in his only week starting for the team.
Playoff History: Defeated Beamer’s Steamers, the team with the best record in the league, 248-185

Team Name: The Paterno People
User: komet
Regular Season Record: 7-3 (1st in wheez memorial)
Total Points (Overall Point Ranking): 2439 (6th)
Top Players:
Ezekiel Elliot (RB, Ohio State) - 462 Points
Dalvin Cook (RB, Florida State) - 456 Points
Josh Rosen (QB, UCLA) - 380 Points
Biggest Draft Bust: First round pick Christian Hackenberg (QB, Penn State), who scored 36 points in the first three weeks of the season.
Biggest Victory: Week 7, beat Swagger? We've got fagger! by a score of 314-155, including almost 200 from the starting 2WR/2RB/TE combination alone
Playoff History: Defeated West Texas Teardrops, the highest scoring team in the regular season, 272-167

Matchup Two

Team Name: Fitz’s Fiends
User: siriuslysomething
Regular Season Record: 6-4 (2nd in #SarkAfterDark)
Total Points (Overall Point Ranking): 2370.5 (8th)
Top Players:
Luke Falk (QB, Washington State) - 482 Points
Greg Ward Jr. (QB, Houston) - 345 Points
Dom Williams (WR, Washington State) - 262 Points
Biggest Draft Bust: 4th round pick Speedy Noll (WR, Texas A&M) missed three games this season, and in the rest, scored over 20 just once.
Biggest Victory: Week 8, the Fiends had three separate players score over 65 points, to secure a 157 point victory over Joey Freshwater’s Bar Brigade.
Playoff History: Defeated Coleman and Doctson, LLP, who two weeks previously recorded a 66.5 point victory over the Fiends, 231-217

Team Name: Tyler MF Sash 4eva
User: Yoshifan823
Regular Season Record: 7-3 (2nd in https://imgur.com/zPMTt9c)
Total Points (Overall Point Ranking): 2462 (5th)
Top Players:
Trevone Boykin (QB, TCU) - 722 Points
JuJu Smith-Schuster (WR, USC) - 294 Points
Michigan State DEF (D/ST, MSU) - 288 Points
Biggest Draft Bust: Second round pick D’haquille Williams (WR, Auburn) was dismissed by the Auburn football team on October 6th, after scoring just 37 points over his first five games.
Biggest Victory: Weeks 7-8, TMFS outscored their opponents by a combined 376 points, featuring 170 points over two weeks from starting WRs Smith-Shuster and Gabe Marks.
Playoff History: Defeated Mahomes is where the heart is, who was undefeated in the last 8 weeks of the regular season, 235-229

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

Yoshifan823 posted:

Playoff History: Defeated Mahomes is where the heart is, who was undefeated in the last 8 weeks of the regular season, 235-229

Game was still bullshit.

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

kayakyakr posted:

Game was still bullshit.

I got 5 points from my Quarterback, and you still lost.

siriuslysomething
Feb 5, 2013

He's so fast!

(and probably broken)

Yoshifan823 posted:

So, since everyone has all of their players playing tomorrow, and I’m as excited as I’ve been for this league in a few years, I figured I’d do a quick write-up for tomorrows Semifinal matchups.

Matchup One

Team Name: Vince Young Express
User: Metapod
Regular Season Record: 6-4 (2nd in wheez memorial)
Total Points (Overall Point Ranking): 2272 (9th)
Top Players:
DeAndre Washington (RB, Texas Tech) - 416 Points
Kyle Allen (QB, Texas A&M) - 319 Points
Jahad Thomas (RB, Temple) - 308 Points
Biggest Draft Bust: Drafted a kicker in the 6th round.
Biggest Victory: Week 10, VYE rolled over Dabo Baptismal with a final score of 325-198, riding a 118 point performance from Chad Kelly, in his only week starting for the team.
Playoff History: Defeated Beamer’s Steamers, the team with the best record in the league, 248-185

Team Name: The Paterno People
User: komet
Regular Season Record: 7-3 (1st in wheez memorial)
Total Points (Overall Point Ranking): 2439 (6th)
Top Players:
Ezekiel Elliot (RB, Ohio State) - 462 Points
Dalvin Cook (RB, Florida State) - 456 Points
Josh Rosen (QB, UCLA) - 380 Points
Biggest Draft Bust: First round pick Christian Hackenberg (QB, Penn State), who scored 36 points in the first three weeks of the season.
Biggest Victory: Week 7, beat Swagger? We've got fagger! by a score of 314-155, including almost 200 from the starting 2WR/2RB/TE combination alone
Playoff History: Defeated West Texas Teardrops, the highest scoring team in the regular season, 272-167

Matchup Two

Team Name: Fitz’s Fiends
User: siriuslysomething
Regular Season Record: 6-4 (2nd in #SarkAfterDark)
Total Points (Overall Point Ranking): 2370.5 (8th)
Top Players:
Luke Falk (QB, Washington State) - 482 Points
Greg Ward Jr. (QB, Houston) - 345 Points
Dom Williams (WR, Washington State) - 262 Points
Biggest Draft Bust: 4th round pick Speedy Noll (WR, Texas A&M) missed three games this season, and in the rest, scored over 20 just once.
Biggest Victory: Week 8, the Fiends had three separate players score over 65 points, to secure a 157 point victory over Joey Freshwater’s Bar Brigade.
Playoff History: Defeated Coleman and Doctson, LLP, who two weeks previously recorded a 66.5 point victory over the Fiends, 231-217

Team Name: Tyler MF Sash 4eva
User: Yoshifan823
Regular Season Record: 7-3 (2nd in https://imgur.com/zPMTt9c)
Total Points (Overall Point Ranking): 2462 (5th)
Top Players:
Trevone Boykin (QB, TCU) - 722 Points
JuJu Smith-Schuster (WR, USC) - 294 Points
Michigan State DEF (D/ST, MSU) - 288 Points
Biggest Draft Bust: Second round pick D’haquille Williams (WR, Auburn) was dismissed by the Auburn football team on October 6th, after scoring just 37 points over his first five games.
Biggest Victory: Weeks 7-8, TMFS outscored their opponents by a combined 376 points, featuring 170 points over two weeks from starting WRs Smith-Shuster and Gabe Marks.

This was really cool. Thanks for the effort post.

Are we doing a last place (toilet bowl) game again this year. It was one of my 2 wins last year and I would love for someone else to have a chance to end on a good note (and the loser feel awful about their team).

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
I'm so happy that I picked Jahad Thomas from the waiver wire as a wildcard because his name randomly came up while I was listening to sports radio

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

Yoshifan823 posted:

I got 5 points from my Quarterback, and you still lost.

I sat 2 40+ point running backs >_<

• Locked thread