Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who will dethrone ZSB First for Titles?
Miami
GT
UNC
NCSU
BC
FSU
Clemson
EA Sports
NO ONE
View Results

• Locked thread
John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Dubious posted:

huh well then, the guys I poo poo points into still didn't commit.

Here we go for a strong class this season.

Putting offseason points into multiple players has never worked out for me. Instead, I've always either chosen one guy that I'm leading, or one guy whose other leading competitors don't have a coach with enough point in recruiting for the offseason bonus. Paying attention to the level of the CPU coach and where they have points is always an important factor in recruiting.

E: Did everyone already get their position changes in???

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy
I only dumped into two guys but oh well. I can get by.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Dubious posted:

I only dumped into two guys but oh well. I can get by.

Yea, that's what I mean. Even if it's only two players it almost never works out, therefore I dump them all into one to ensure I get something in return.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

Advanced to Cut Players.

I'm taking a plunge and cutting a senior QB for the sake of having 3 QBs within 3 points of each other that all have multiple years to play. I think even the true freshman will see some playing time.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

r2a. Got some really great training results - maybe even better than I hope for. Yet I'm going to redshirt several seniors because I want to be a true contender after this upcoming season.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
R2A.

Training worked out well for my guys.

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

R2a. My best QB is 77 OVR lol

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Diodeous posted:

R2a. My best QB is 77 OVR lol

81. Welcome to the youth movement! Coach points will inevitably drive those ratings up in games.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

Try to imagine all life as you know it stopping instantaneously and every molecule in your body exploding at the speed of light.
College Slice
GT r2a

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

It'll sit at custom conferences until tomorrow AM so you can redo coach points as you see fit.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

r2a

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
:same:

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

Yah I'm good

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Preseason y'all. I've got too many RBs to get touches. I don't have enough LBs. The recruiting board looks healthier with more blue chips interested in ACC schools this year.

We'll prb sit here until after the Super Bowl then we'll attack season 2 of the reboot with earnest!

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

r2a.

It's gonna be another tough year for recruiting but one more season should do the trick.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

John Brown posted:

r2a.

It's gonna be another tough year for recruiting but one more season should do the trick.

Much like last year prioritizing probably means if I don't lock up guys with an instant commit it's gonna be more of the same (which is sorta more realistic than all of us capturing 80% of the blue chip recruits, but is a bummer none the less) losing out on higher rated guys and filling in the class with 60 something dudes so walk ons don't take spots.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
I'm going to set my board later tonight. Doing this off the web app is the goddamn worst

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

I hate that it doesn't sort by percentage recruited/locked like the console does.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

The web app is good for checking schedules and that's about it. If we were like 20 maybe the sharable web stories thing would be cool so you can edit your own rear end in a top hat sports report of the games.

I did that like once or twice in 2012 when they introduced that feature.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
Going for my run then i'll set up my board. give me until this afternoon!

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
R2A.

Redshirted some decent depth for future competitiveness.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

Try to imagine all life as you know it stopping instantaneously and every molecule in your body exploding at the speed of light.
College Slice
GT r2a

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Just in time to wipe away those post Super Bowl blues (and the official end of real football for 8 months) we are now advanced to week 1 of season 2. Which would be the start of our now 8th or 9th total season since launch.

Everyone should have a game. Let's get it!

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
GT r2a

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

R2a.

Got 3 insta commits from positions of need.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

John Brown posted:

R2a.

Got 3 insta commits from positions of need.

I got exactly no insta commits argh.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
i've never got an instacommit in this game.

i hate all of you.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Dubious posted:

i've never got an instacommit in this game.

i hate all of you.

You have to offer a scholarship with the full 700pts while being the leading school.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

John Brown posted:

You have to offer a scholarship with the full 700pts while being the leading school.

Well that points already put into them thing may be my missing stupid answer :sigh:

Feels like I should have known that.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

The Notorious ZSB posted:

Well that points already put into them thing may be my missing stupid answer :sigh:

Feels like I should have known that.

It's still very hit or miss. I've only gotten 3 with LSU and I've offered at least 20. Cletus used to get 4-5 every opening week.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
This OK State defense is absolutely destroying my offensive line.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Dubious posted:

This OK State defense is absolutely destroying my offensive line.

ND also gave me a fair bit of trouble. I haven't adjusted any sliders, but I'm open to suggestions.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

The Notorious ZSB posted:

ND also gave me a fair bit of trouble. I haven't adjusted any sliders, but I'm open to suggestions.

I never liked the idea of messing with sliders so I'm good as is. Whenever I get into trouble I either restart the game or play as if I'm going against one of you.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
yea leave the sliders as is. That front 7 I went up against was just really good and my interior line play is an average unit, so it wasn't a shocker. but lol at my QB having no time in the pocket ever, one of the pass rushers almost always got a free shot and lol, just lol at trying to run any PA.

I was officially sacked twice on the books, but there was probably 7 or 8 qb hits and another 4 or 5 takedowns after i had to run for my life that weren't sacks because i got past the line.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Dubious posted:

yea leave the sliders as is. That front 7 I went up against was just really good and my interior line play is an average unit, so it wasn't a shocker. but lol at my QB having no time in the pocket ever, one of the pass rushers almost always got a free shot and lol, just lol at trying to run any PA.

I was officially sacked twice on the books, but there was probably 7 or 8 qb hits and another 4 or 5 takedowns after i had to run for my life that weren't sacks because i got past the line.

You obviously didn't perform very well in the old-school Madden drills :)

E: Have you guys tried using the evade stick? I'm interested to try it out but would like to not get my QB destroyed.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
I usually use the evade stick when i'm hanging in the pocket, works pretty well. It's kind of tricky to get the hang of though.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice

John Brown posted:

You don't need the full 700 points in, in fact I think you lose those points if you get the insta - they vanish with the commitment. I always offer to anyone who has me at 1st before I start divvying out points, and I've gotten plenty of instas.

edit - Also, if someone jumps to having me at first and I didn't offer already but was putting points in to try to get them to 1st for the shot at the insta, I make sure to remove the points before offering.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

cletus42o posted:

You don't need the full 700 points in, in fact I think you lose those points if you get the insta - they vanish with the commitment. I always offer to anyone who has me at 1st before I start divvying out points, and I've gotten plenty of instas.

edit - Also, if someone jumps to having me at first and I didn't offer already but was putting points in to try to get them to 1st for the shot at the insta, I make sure to remove the points before offering.

Further proof that it's random as gently caress because I've never gotten an instant commit without doing so.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Well okay then the game is just complete non sense they totally dicked over the recruiting with this last version. I really liked the refined older version, although the actual game play in this one is still the best of the bunch more or less.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Actually, it all kinda makes sense now though. Cletus would get a few instant commits (ICs - for lack of effort) but still have 700pts remaining per commit to apply elsewhere, and we all know the first week of recruiting is the most crucial. To further explain, I just got 3 ICs but I also lost 2100pts. Imagine if I'd only spent 50pts on offering each of them a scholarship. I'd still have 2-3 more players to max out for Week 1.

No wonder he usually gets ahead so fast!

E: Crazy that there's still poo poo to learn about this game at this point.

John Brown fucked around with this message at 23:15 on Feb 9, 2016

• Locked thread