Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

OwlFancier posted:

Being caught spying for a foreign power should probably be a death sentence honestly. I don't really see what good is served by imprisoning people for it.

It usually is, though it's basically only there to induce the traitor into cooperating and spilling everything so we can root out any other spies/foreign agents they were working with.

PT6A posted:

Shouldn't the guy who assassinated a prime minster of a country literally be one of the most hated people in that country? I don't get Israel.

Rabin made the mistake of treating Palestinians as human beings, which is a capital offense in the eyes of many Israelis (as evidenced by the fact that, you know, they loving shot him for it).

Oh yeah, the question to hand: gently caress Pollard, he should die in jail.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Mandy Thompson posted:

Many of you think I am okay with what he did, I am not. But I feel that 30 years is long enough for just about anyone short of true monsters like Ted Bundy and Charles Manson. Even Anders Brevik gets a parole hearing after 11 years and he killed 80 something people. That was in another country of course but I think it is a model that we should follow here.

And Breivik will, barring something borderline miraculous occurring, be returned to prison after each of his hearings because he is as close to a monster as we've seen lately. The hearings he is entitled to will, in all likelihood, be pro forma affairs wherein everyone conclude that, yes, he's still a remorseless bastard who should never see the light of day again. And yes, before you say it, Pollard isn't a literal mass murderer (or from Israel despite what you ham-handedly tried to imply), but his crime is still staggeringly repellant.

Also it's 21 years 'till his first hearing, not 11

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

TheImmigrant posted:

You're probably overestimating how long they'll remember him if he makes it to Israel after release.

That largely depends on how representative Kirschen is of his demographic.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Who What Now posted:

What I want to know is what else is the Dry Bones guy going to make comics about when he can't think of a new way to say "kill all Arabs".

That point will come two or three hours after the heat death of the universe, so I don't think Kirschen's got anything to worry about.

• Locked thread