Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
when i get home im gonna get windows 10 asap. i love trying new things

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Does anyone know if it formats all of your drives when you install this. I'm too lazy to peel open my case and unplug my data disk first.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Larry Parrish posted:

Does anyone know if it formats all of your drives when you install this. I'm too lazy to peel open my case and unplug my data disk first.

upgrading will just make everything prettier and it doesnt touch your files. you need to redownload video card drivers and stuff though

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

im at 42% upgraded. im ready for the future.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

zen death robot posted:

If you do the upgrade it just does its thing.

Literally the only thing the upgrade broke for me was Virtualbox, and it was a couple versions out of date anyway

I don't even feel compelled to wipe the drive and clean install 10, it feels like it's fine

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I already run windows 7 ultimate, so I see no reason to downgrade.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Thanks...but no thanks :D I'm happy with windows 9 (its over 9000! :black101:) cheers but no. Take your poor rear end retard upgrade and put it in the toilets, where asses and turds go.

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Thanks...but no thanks :D I'm happy with windows 9 (its over 9000! :black101:) cheers but no. Take your poor rear end retard upgrade and put it in the toilets, where asses and turds go.

fuck. marry. t-rex
Jan 23, 2014

Lipstick Apathy

zen death robot posted:

If you do the upgrade it just does its thing.

Can I make it destroy my drives and files while it upgrades, because they need it

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

gently caress. marry. t-rex posted:

Can I make it destroy my drives and files while it upgrades, because they need it

yeah, you can set it to either format or upgrade

if you're on win 8.1 it doesn't even mess with anything, every program i had was still set up including stuff like clonecd that i was expecting to have to reinstall

fuck. marry. t-rex
Jan 23, 2014

Lipstick Apathy
Gonna upgrade my 7 to 10 this weekend...

starbarry clock
Apr 23, 2012

king of teh portal
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WUgl4u9F9SQ

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

they iused to play this on the radio every morning when i was a kid. literaly not even joking

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
I vividly remember being driven to schoo l while that was playing on the radio and my mom kept t ry ing to talk over it. Hang in there mom

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

I.N.R.I posted:

I vividly remember being driven to schoo l while that was playing on the radio and my mom kept t ry ing to talk over it. Hang in there mom

Why didn't she just change the station.

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

I can't find my windows key :/

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Pewdiepie posted:

Why didn't she just change the station.

She was probably horny for the duck blowjob,

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I've never paid for windows

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Friendly Tumour posted:

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Friendly Tumour posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g_6mov7oPJc

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Owned again

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms
I am tempted to upgrade just cause it takes less drive space than win 7 (which means more space for games obv. )

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

win10 bricked my laptop :(

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

goondolences

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

it bricked my friends PC and now he has to factory rest and install Win7. glad i didnt upgrade.

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Honeypot OS

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Goondolences to everybody who got bricked

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

RIP

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

Win10? D'oh!

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Winten'd

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

It's given me quality time to spend with my ps4 and wii u. Lemons out of lemonade, song as old as spring

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

It's given me quality time to spend with my ps4 and wii u. Lemons out of lemonade, song as old as spring

that rapture game is out maybe u should play it

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Its pretty cool to be like "hey play some creedence" and then creedence starts playing

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

YOSPOS bitch!

Stink fag
Aug 21, 2014
I'm going to upgrade tomorrow.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Stink fag posted:

I'm going to upgrade tomorrow.

Upgrade to a drat clue, rear end in a top hat.

This flame brought to you by the Quake

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
i got this

turned all the creepy sounding stuff off. it only took like 5 minutes and i found it all myself instead of googling it, so I think those tech review guys r merely QQ + mad. im sure the company is still getting something out of it , thats fair enough.

neway, its pretty good. it looks nice. thats realy about the size of it. i only use computer for internet and saving photos i take on my phone and stuff.

• Locked thread