Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

AuntBuck posted:

Post your hoarded workstations

I don't think that is a "work" station. CRT monitors were much better for hoarders though. Try to stack all that stuff on top of an LCD screen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe
That's not hoarding that's just the recycling pile.

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

AuntBuck posted:

72 bottles of coke on the floor
72 bottles of coke
You bring one 'round and drink it down
73 bottles of coke on the floor!

Pixelante
Mar 16, 2006

You people will by God act like a team, or at least like people who know each other, or I'll incinerate the bunch of you here and now.

Nessa posted:

72 bottles of coke on the floor
72 bottles of coke
You bring one 'round and drink it down
73 bottles of coke on the floor!

He's just trying to find the Coke bottle with his waifu's name on it.

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!

Angela Christine posted:

I don't think that is a "work" station. CRT monitors were much better for hoarders though. Try to stack all that stuff on top of an LCD screen.

expensive eizo monitors that are still pretty deep and have an additional shade to stack dvds on

i only have some big hp ips screens and they are still large enough to pile a terrifying amount of crap onto

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Remember that bigass table that Microsoft were trying to market, which due to some odd and unforeseen quirks in the consumer base couldn't quite compete with the iPad that Apple launched at about the same time? That was a good hoarding monitor.

Who Dat
Dec 13, 2007

:neckbeard: :woop: :downsbravo: :slick:

You Are A Elf posted:

Thanks for making me look this up :dogbutton: God drat.

:nms:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZsOR1-dqqE0:nms:

Holy loving poo poo I could only get through about a minute. Why did I watch this at work? I want liquor. loving poo poo. :smith:

TwoFire
Sep 11, 2001

by Ralp
Now that I think about it I may be a hoarder. The closer I get done to fixing Mas' new car, the more I want to keep it.

Or is that still a redneck thing?

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"

TwoFire posted:

Now that I think about it I may be a hoarder. The closer I get done to fixing Mas' new car, the more I want to keep it.

Or is that still a redneck thing?

Hmmmm... I still say redneck, unless having this car around is negatively impacting you in some way? :)

TwoFire
Sep 11, 2001

by Ralp

Captain Yossarian posted:

Hmmmm... I still say redneck, unless having this car around is negatively impacting you in some way? :)

I already have other cars (a couple newer than this one, even). Besides, she needs something better than the pile of Kia shes driving now.

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"

TwoFire posted:

I already have other cars (a couple newer than this one, even). Besides, she needs something better than the pile of Kia shes driving now.

I think the BIG difference here is that you are actually DOING something with your stuff, instead of saying "I'm saving this for rummage/goodwill/donation" and then leaving it in the garbage pile.

TwoFire
Sep 11, 2001

by Ralp

Captain Yossarian posted:

I think the BIG difference here is that you are actually DOING something with your stuff, instead of saying "I'm saving this for rummage/goodwill/donation" and then leaving it in the garbage pile.

Yeah I guess that is a point. I just seem to need to have a project, and when I'm done- off it goes (much of the time).

I'm a little screwed into this deal because I tried to give her one of my cars but she refused to take one of my fleet so instead I pick up an 8 year old basket case with <100k on the odo for about a couple grand (its an import with a turbo and nearly new tires). Now that it is trustworthy, it really is fun to drive. :3:

Maybe I just have a problem with decision making. :downs:

Ramc
May 4, 2008

Bringing your thread to a screeching halt, guaranteed.

Bela Lugosi's Dead... so I guess stuff him in the freezer or fridge in case you need him later.

NickPlowswell
Sep 14, 2014

The exoplanet has failed :qq:

AuntBuck posted:

Hey man, at least he uses that comb. Gotta look slick for the wimins

Genesplicer
Oct 19, 2002

I give your invention the worst grade imaginable: An A-minus-minus!

Total Clam
My paternal grandmother was a hoarder. She would go to flea markets and buy up loads of random stuff and stick it in her back yard. She always talked about how she was going to sell it all at flea markets and get rich, but she never sold, because she might miss an opportunity to buy if she were manning a table. When she died her entire back yard (3/4 acre) was an enormous pile of stuff with narrow pathways. There's no telling how much she spent total on all that poo poo, but she was pretty much broke when she died. My folks hired a hauling company to load everything into skips and take it all away. They found one of Granddad's old pick-up trucks hidden in a pile of broken machinery.

My folks are also hoarders. They have a huge house, 4 bedrooms. Only one bedroom is basically habitable. The living room, family room and dining room are are packed with stuff. The den is where they spend most of their time. It is relatively clear, only because they need to see the TV and computer screens. However, to sit down, you have to shift lots of papers and magazines and such to the floor. The four car garage can't even hold a single compact car. Mom started slowly cleaning stuff out, but dad came down with Alzheimer's and he can't help any longer.

It is remarkably easy to get this way. Particularly if you have lots of stuff and no place to adequately store it. It is a struggle. Mom has not gotten rid of any clothes in 30 or 40 years. She just stores all the old ones in boxes which she stacks in one of the guest bedrooms. Her current clothes are stored either in the closet of the master bedroom, or, just as often, in piles on the floor. There just isn't enough room in the closet.

I loathe the idea of having to clean out their place when they die.

Luckily, they are not the ones who have tons of cat poo poo everywhere. However, they will leave dishes sitting out until they start to get funky. Then mom will go through and clean the kitchen.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off
I bet the worst thing about cleaning up a dead parent's hoard house is there's nobody to sue afterwards for completely tanking the value of the family estate :smith:

TwoFire
Sep 11, 2001

by Ralp

deadly_pudding posted:

I bet the worst thing about cleaning up a dead parent's hoard house is there's nobody to sue afterwards for completely tanking the value of the family estate :smith:

.. more than having a dead parent and a huge mess? :v:

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

TwoFire posted:

.. more than having a dead parent and a huge mess? :v:

It seems like most people are sick of their hoard-parent's bullshit by then.

Rambling Robot
Sep 13, 2011
Duggar Fan Club Superstar #1 LOL
I HOARD lovely POSTS.

TwoFire
Sep 11, 2001

by Ralp

deadly_pudding posted:

It seems like most people are sick of their hoard-parent's bullshit by then.

yeah but they're dead not just annoyed at you for throwing out a toilet paper roll tube

Rambling Robot posted:

I HOARD lovely POSTS.

we all do :(

barbecue at the folks
Jul 20, 2007

I have seen some nasty poo poo on the internet, but this thread is the first thing that actually made me gag at my monitor. Oh jesus those bathrooms, I can somehow smell them through those pictures. :cry:

I once read an interview of a dude who runs a business that cleans hoarder apartments. The most fun cases are the ones where the hoarder person him-/herself has died and become a decomposing part of their own collection. Because these people have no friends, they are usually found when neighbors begin complaining about the smell, at which point the body has probably already partly liquefied and seeped into the very structures of the house. :stare:

Rambling Robot
Sep 13, 2011

Naxuz posted:

I have seen some nasty poo poo on the internet, but this thread is the first thing that actually made me gag at my monitor. Oh jesus those bathrooms, I can somehow smell them through those pictures. :cry:

I once read an interview of a dude who runs a business that cleans hoarder apartments. The most fun cases are the ones where the hoarder person him-/herself has died and become a decomposing part of their own collection. Because these people have no friends, they are usually found when neighbors begin complaining about the smell, at which point the body has probably already partly liquefied and seeped into the very structures of the house. :stare:

it's the ultimate hoarder way to go, to become part of the hoard.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Reminding y'all folks about those two brothers that were posted a bit back in this thread who did this, actively getting themselves crushed to death and absorbed into their own hoard by tripping one of the lethal booby traps they had themselves rigged in order to deter/murder potentialimagined intruders who'd break in in covetous covet of their loving trash.

TwoFire
Sep 11, 2001

by Ralp
I didn't buy any more cars at the auction yesterday- not for the lack of trying. The reserves were way too high on the fixer-uppers. :saddowns:

I was going to post a GIS'd image but I found that this hoarders' house over by my folks was literally normal in 2011. Now it has at least 7 cars, 2 RVs, and plenty of garbage all over the place. They 'cleaned it up' a bit last month but it still looks like a tornado hit it. I'll have to take a picture of it.

TwoFire fucked around with this message at 19:55 on Aug 16, 2015

hate hoot
Nov 7, 2012

The strange thing about this one is that almost none of those pads appear to have been menstruated on in any significant capacity. They're just kind of...grubby. I wonder if she was wearing them instead of changing/washing underwear.

Pixelante
Mar 16, 2006

You people will by God act like a team, or at least like people who know each other, or I'll incinerate the bunch of you here and now.

hate hoot posted:

The strange thing about this one is that almost none of those pads appear to have been menstruated on in any significant capacity. They're just kind of...grubby. I wonder if she was wearing them instead of changing/washing underwear.

Or they were used to absorb a flood--that's really not what a period looks like. I like that version of reality better so I'm just gonna file that in the "NOPE" closet of my brain, next to the last three seasons of Sons of Anarchy.

Pixelante fucked around with this message at 21:02 on Aug 16, 2015

obviously I fucked it
Oct 6, 2009
Yeah, I'm hoping they were used to sop up pools of liquid rust off the bolts of that scary toilet or something. o leaking poo poo from the fridge. Or anything else. At least, that's what I'm telling my brain to believe is what it all means.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

They could be bladder control pads rather than menstrual pads.

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

Pads are multilayered and v good at wicking goo from the surface.
I expect they're just poopsocks for someone who didn't get to a toilet often.

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

peanut posted:

Pads are multilayered and v good at wicking goo from the surface.
I expect they're just poopsocks for someone who didn't get to a toilet often.

What

What is a poopsock. Is it like a poopdeck?

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

cash crab posted:

What

google image search it to find out

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
I remember there was one episode with a hoarder that had a massive pile of adult diapers stuck in their bathroom. They weren't incontinent, their toilet was just broke.

Rambling Robot
Sep 13, 2011

Pixelante posted:

Or they were used to absorb a flood--that's really not what a period looks like. I like that version of reality better so I'm just gonna file that in the "NOPE" closet of my brain, next to the last three seasons of Sons of Anarchy.

maybe she had animals living there?

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

Otacon posted:

google image search it to find out

Regular Google told me with no pictures so THERE

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Coward.

a real rude dude
Jan 23, 2005

cash crab posted:

What

a world where a goon doesnt know or have a poopsock a hosed up world

ohnobugs
Feb 22, 2003

david... posted:

a world where a goon doesnt know or have a poopsock a hosed up world

Classic hoarder denial. He got 12 under his chair.

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

ohnobugs
Feb 22, 2003

At first glance I was not impressed. That just looks like your standard hoarder bedroom/computer room. Then I noticed this is a kitchen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Furia
Jul 26, 2015

Grimey Drawer

Naxuz posted:

Live by the hoard, die by the hoard.

• Locked thread