Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off
ITT I want to throw away everything in my apartment and abandon the concept of property :barf:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

you were warned posted:

This is amazing, but gently caress y'all for making me stare at this filth so closely. :mad:

I used to watch Hoarders all the time, so I'm fairly desensitized to this awful stuff, but that pad bathroom gave me pause.

My favorite episode of Hoarders is the guy who got removed from his mom's home when he was a kid, and placed into the custody of his sister on the other end of the country. In the episode, he returns to his mom's hoard lair as an adult and you can tell in every scene that it's like he's visiting his own personal Silent Hill.

It is delicious.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Alexios posted:

Wanna meet that episode

Season 2, Episode 1, episode 8 overall. "Augustine". Had to do some googlin.
Bonus: Jason, the son, is a massive neckbeard and I bet he has a forums account.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off
My girlfriend has hella hoarders on her mom's side of the family, including animal hoarders. We've avoided visiting any of them in their own homes :v:

Thankfully, the gene or whatever seems to have skipped her mom and her. But hey, if you need like way too many sugar gliders, her cousin "breeds" (hoards) them.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Part of Everything posted:

What is even a sugar glider anyway? I've seen one a couple times and all I saw was an uncontrollably trembling made in China claw machine plush.

It's like a flying squirrel or something? But kinda more chipmunk looking.

Anyway, because she's got gross hoarders in her family, I have to watch this show clandestinely, because otherwise she refuses to be in the room :v: I loving love Hoarders, though, because it is like mainlining schadenfreude into my gross brain.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

cash crab posted:

Tip: if this thread has inspired you to clean you were probably in no real danger of becoming a real hoarder

My former roommate was a fuckin in-training proto hoarder. The fact that our moth infestation ended like 3 weeks after she moved out was enough to make me stay on top of my poo poo v:shobon:v

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Wanamingo posted:

I literally don't own anything that couldn't be replaced. Eat poo poo, sentimentality havers.

This is me, too, but also everything I own except for like my PC is the cheapest non-thriftstore garbage. Except for a coffee table and an end table, which are both thriftstore garbage :v:

That said, I'm mostly talking about furniture, which I don't think is a thing that people usually end up hoarding.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

TwoFire posted:

Sorry, the bathroom is full of this threads' posts right now but that is only temporary!

There's too many shitposts in my kitchen, so I have to keep my fridge out on the back porch. It's fine. I can still get to the toaster oven, and I wash the plate afterwards with the garden hose.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off
I bet the worst thing about cleaning up a dead parent's hoard house is there's nobody to sue afterwards for completely tanking the value of the family estate :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

TwoFire posted:

.. more than having a dead parent and a huge mess? :v:

It seems like most people are sick of their hoard-parent's bullshit by then.

• Locked thread