Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Mind over Matter posted:

So what's the joke/reference that I'm missing here, I have to ask.
Ennis writing something where a woman/superhero isn't a massive douchenozzle? Or where the superhero makes a positive contribution to the state of things?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

FilthyImp posted:

Ennis writing something where a woman/superhero isn't a massive douchenozzle? Or where the superhero makes a positive contribution to the state of things?

Ah okay. So it's more a creator joke than a pitch joke. Sorry to be all :thejoke: about it, I'm just not in the know enough about creators to have caught that. Thank you.

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition

FilthyImp posted:

He writes all three with reasonable frequency.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Wanderer posted:

He writes all three with reasonable frequency.

Don't troll.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

But you wouldn't see him touch a story where Britain is weak, and France is strong. I'm pretty sure he could write a comic called 1066: The Complete & Meticulously Accurate Story, and it would have the Anglo-Saxons steamrolling the Normans with combat knives and Spitfires.

Sigma-X
Jun 17, 2005

Mind over Matter posted:

Ah okay. So it's more a creator joke than a pitch joke. Sorry to be all :thejoke: about it, I'm just not in the know enough about creators to have caught that. Thank you.

Garth Ennis tropes include:

WW2
Brits are badasses, especially when it comes to fighting
Capes suck
and nearly exclusively male main characters (with maybe 3 women characters that aren't one-dimensional), none of whom don't have issues. Granted most of his dude characters have issues, too.

I love the hell out of him, don't get me wrong, but he's the kind of guy who shoehorns WW2 fighter aces into a modern day Thor comic as the MacGuffin that Beats The Baddie.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

You forgot weird romanticizing of pubs as some sort of havens of brotherhood and cheer instead of depressing holes where bitter old men go to forget about their horrible lives.

ManlyGrunting
May 29, 2014
The Joker makes a plan that doesn't rely in him being borderline omniscient to pull off.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
Bullseye begins finding assassination work boring so he takes up a new and exciting career: Professional Wrestling.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

ManlyGrunting posted:

The Joker makes a plan that doesn't rely in him being borderline omniscient to pull off.

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING

I'm still not convinced you didn't make this up. I swear to god someone has to have more sense than to allow this out in our world.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
It's obviously fake, I mean, the art for each character is pulled from a different source. However the positioning is pretty perfect.

Sold I'll take 10 #1s sir.

TwoPair fucked around with this message at 23:05 on Dec 1, 2015

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Reminds me of this oft-forgotten classic:

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Dwayne McDuffie was too good for this world.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
Reed Richards invents a drug to serve as a replacement for the human body's need for sleep. It's primarily crack, caffeine, and powdered skrull blood.
knowing that bad things will happen Johnny Storm takes a superhero vacation (read commits suicide) and Ben takes the kid to Doomland in Latveria for a surprise vacation while Sue stay home to try and stop reed from doing something he really should. She fails, Reed uploads Genghis Khan's brain into a suit of Iron Man armor. Nick Fury's drinking problem gets worse.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

DC Comics introduces a pastiche of Donald Trump. He's later revealed to be the secret identity of Prometheus.

Sigma-X
Jun 17, 2005
Upon watching a movie based upon a Mark Millar comic book, you pick up the comic book and find it's actually a better told story than the movie! Also you have super-aids which gave you super powers but only if you gently caress as many hookers as possible. You eventually become king of a "bugcatcher" society of people who want to be infected. Surprise, you're in the Mark Millar comic book.

The movie version o this meta-tale does not include the super aids plotline because it is obviously loving retarded

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I feel so awful for people who enjoyed Wanted and then picked up the comic. Yeeeeeesh.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

RSP SPECIAL: REJECTED CROSSOVER PITCHES

Justice League United/Masters of the Universe, feat. Eh-Man, Man-E-Toban, and exciting new tar-based powers for Sanderson Hawkins

Turok the Cadillac and Dinosaur Hunter

The G. I. Joes of Daxam battle Cobra symbiotes in: Valor vs. Venom

Captain Marvel, Captain Marvel, Captain Marvel, and Captain Marvel join forces (e: xam forces?) against the unthinkable: Captain Marvel...gone evil?!

Alien vs. Predator vs. Terminator vs. Robo-Cop vs. Godzilla vs. Zombies

Explore the secret history of Axe-Cop in League of Axe-traordinary Gentlemen

The crosstime follies of Bill & Ted & Medieval Giraffe Spawn

Squizzle fucked around with this message at 21:18 on Dec 8, 2015

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
I know that most of these are jokes but I am stunned that

Squizzle posted:

Explore the secret history of Axe-Cop in League of Axe-traordinary Gentlemen

has not been made already given how silly the source material already is.

goldenoreos
Jan 5, 2012

Take care of my animals while I'm gone
For the inevitable future when Marvel needs to get rid of the multiple alternate universe Gwen Stacy stories: Crisis on Gwenfinite Earths.

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Trust me, you are taking this a lot more seriously then I am.
Our only hope....

NORMAN OSBORN!

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Captain Planet & the Planeteers are back in a brand new monthly comic. Join them for their first adventure, an adaptation of the fan-favourite TV episode "If It's Doomsday, It Must Be Belfast", written by special guest scribe and the original Fenian Prod of comic books, Garth Ennis.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
DC and Marvel do a crossover, because they're more well known, Rocket and Groot team up with Constantine and Swamp Thing. Also Groot turns out to be quite eloquent in the secret language of the green. Also John manages to successfully punk Doom and make him question his sexuality.

David D. Davidson fucked around with this message at 06:35 on Dec 11, 2015

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

David D. Davidson posted:

Also John manages to successfully punk Doom and make him question his sexuality.
THERE IS NO QUESTION EVERYONE IS SEXUALLY ATTRACTED TO DOOM

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Trust me, you are taking this a lot more seriously then I am.
DOOM IS NOT GAY FOR YOU! YOU ARE GAY FOR DOOM!

bad day
Mar 26, 2012

by VideoGames
Acclaimed New York neurosurgeon Jericho Drumm is in Miami for a medical conference. Entering his hotel room Jericho finds a black envelope containing two backstage passes to a rap concert. The artist is Drumm Squad - a famous rap group from the 1990's analogous to Wu-Tang Clan. The only difference is that they have appropriated Haitian voodoo culture in the same way that Wu-Tang did Chinese Kung-Fu. After his speech at the conference that afternoon, an old colleague approaches him and they agree to meet for dinner. At dinner we get some background info - the leader of Drumm Squad is DRZA or Daniel Drumm, Jericho's twin brother. They later attend the concert, which is rich with voodoo-laden props and symbology. Afterwards they go back stage and hang out with the Drumm Squad. Daniel and Jericho have a brief argument, but make up, and Daniel takes them out on the town with his crew.

Later that night as they pull up to a stoplight, a masked gunman leans out the window of a passing car and shoots DRZA in the head.

End of issue 1.

The primary conflict in the story would be a sort of "Odd Couple" scenario where Jericho is haunted by Daniel's ghost and they have completely different personalities. Daniel is steeped in black voodoo and urban street culture, while Jericho has proudly elevated himself in the white man's world. Jericho is refined, ivy league educated, top of his class. Daniel dropped out of high school and started selling mixtapes in parking lots at 17. Both of them grew up as poor Haitian refugees, but found success in wildly different ways.

Jericho represents modern science. Daniel represents ancient magic and street knowledge. Together they must fight the forces of evil.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

bad day posted:

Acclaimed New York neurosurgeon Jericho Drumm is in Miami for a medical conference. Entering his hotel room Jericho finds a black envelope containing two backstage passes to a rap concert. The artist is Drumm Squad - a famous rap group from the 1990's analogous to Wu-Tang Clan. The only difference is that they have appropriated Haitian voodoo culture in the same way that Wu-Tang did Chinese Kung-Fu. After his speech at the conference that afternoon, an old colleague approaches him and they agree to meet for dinner. At dinner we get some background info - the leader of Drumm Squad is DRZA or Daniel Drumm, Jericho's twin brother. They later attend the concert, which is rich with voodoo-laden props and symbology. Afterwards they go back stage and hang out with the Drumm Squad. Daniel and Jericho have a brief argument, but make up, and Daniel takes them out on the town with his crew.

Later that night as they pull up to a stoplight, a masked gunman leans out the window of a passing car and shoots DRZA in the head.

End of issue 1.

The primary conflict in the story would be a sort of "Odd Couple" scenario where Jericho is haunted by Daniel's ghost and they have completely different personalities. Daniel is steeped in black voodoo and urban street culture, while Jericho has proudly elevated himself in the white man's world. Jericho is refined, ivy league educated, top of his class. Daniel dropped out of high school and started selling mixtapes in parking lots at 17. Both of them grew up as poor Haitian refugees, but found success in wildly different ways.

Jericho represents modern science. Daniel represents ancient magic and street knowledge. Together they must fight the forces of evil.

Not going to lie, that sounds like it has the potential to be genuinely interesting.

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!
The New and the Next

Trying to return to the 'present' after saving Earth from the Borg from assimilating Earth in the 21st century, the crew of the USS Enterprise finds themselves shifted to a Sentinel controlled alternate reality of another universe's 21st century. Pulled there by an old mutant named Illyana, she sends the Enterprise back in time to the late 20th century to help her and her fellow mutant friends when they were teenagers by preventing the government from using stolen files on the Transmode Virus from being deployed in their Sentinel technology.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Tippy Toe goes to Kun-Lun in...The Squirrel with the Dragon Tattoo!

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Squizzle posted:

Tippy Toe goes to Kun-Lun in...The Squirrel with the Dragon Tattoo!

I'd rather read the sequel where Tippy Toe becomes host to the Phoenix.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Gavok posted:

Great Lakes Avengers vs. Great Lakes X-Men?

Shakenbaker
Nov 14, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Gavok posted:

Lockjaw and the Pet Avengers must put aside their differences and once again band together to stand against an unstoppable menace.

Sigma-X
Jun 17, 2005
The Amazing Asylum of Spider Ham

Spider Ham, famous superhero, juggles a busy life of crime fighting, charity work, and public speaking. He's thinking about running for State Senate.

Except James Erwin seems to be the only one in the world who notices that Spider Ham is not the superhero the world believes in. He's literally an ordinary pig, but the entire city of New York and perhaps the world seem enthralled with him, staring at him for 50 minutes in catatonic silence while he "gives a speech," his charitable works consist of sitting near an orphanage and eating garbage, and when he is nearby criminals turn themselves in without question, accusing Spider Ham of superheroics.

Has the whole world gone mad? James Erwin is the one man who has pierced the veil, and is working to uncover the mysterious hold this unspecial pig has placed upon the city.

With his first Comics Debut, written by M. Night Shyamalan!
in issue 6 it is revealed that James Erwin is actually the only crazy one and the entire thing is the delusion of a man in the psych ward

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

Sigma-X posted:

The Amazing Asylum of Spider Ham

Spider Ham, famous superhero, juggles a busy life of crime fighting, charity work, and public speaking. He's thinking about running for State Senate.

Except James Erwin seems to be the only one in the world who notices that Spider Ham is not the superhero the world believes in. He's literally an ordinary pig, but the entire city of New York and perhaps the world seem enthralled with him, staring at him for 50 minutes in catatonic silence while he "gives a speech," his charitable works consist of sitting near an orphanage and eating garbage, and when he is nearby criminals turn themselves in without question, accusing Spider Ham of superheroics.

Has the whole world gone mad? James Erwin is the one man who has pierced the veil, and is working to uncover the mysterious hold this unspecial pig has placed upon the city.

With his first Comics Debut, written by M. Night Shyamalan!
in issue 6 it is revealed that James Erwin is actually the only crazy one and the entire thing is the delusion of a man in the psych ward

Everything except the last paragraph is actually something I'd read.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Choco1980 posted:

Ignore the twist, and instead have the whole thing slowly reveal itself as a sequel to Ellis's Druid.

Sigma-X
Jun 17, 2005

Choco1980 posted:

:thejoke:

a cool concept ruined by a stupid twist.

I would also read the non-Shyamalan version.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
Everyone in the Marvel Universe Punches Cyclops in the Dick.

Each panel is a lovingly drawn picture of Scott Summers getting punched in the dick by a different character in the Marvel universe, including The Punsher's family and Uncle Ben.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

David D. Davidson posted:

Everyone in the Marvel Universe Punches Cyclops in the Dick.

Each panel is a lovingly drawn picture of Scott Summers getting punched in the dick by a different character in the Marvel universe, including The Punsher's family and Uncle Ben.

Hey, how did you get your hands on my proposal for next year's summer crossover event?

• Locked thread