Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Yvonmukluk posted:

Hey, how did you get your hands on my proposal for next year's summer crossover event?

DICKSTRUCTION begins HERE!
:Cue Leifeldish homage to X-Force with the title THIS MAN WILL GET PUNCHED IN THE DICK:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bad day
Mar 26, 2012

by VideoGames
Do Liefeld characters have dicks tho? Because their crotches are always really weirdly drawn. Like, there's way too much crotch going on but it's all very smooth and dome like with features only roughly defined by cross hatching. I always suspected they were all like Ken down there and that's where the anger comes from.

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
A crossover where all of the Image characters are angry about losing their dicks? That would never work.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

bad day posted:

Do Liefeld characters have dicks tho? Because their crotches are always really weirdly drawn. Like, there's way too much crotch going on but it's all very smooth and dome like with features only roughly defined by cross hatching. I always suspected they were all like Ken down there and that's where the anger comes from.

Sometimes they have miniature black holes where their dicks should be.

Exhibit A:

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Rorschduck.

"No, you're all trapped in a world I never made...with me."

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

bad day posted:

Clearly this is a lesser-known symptom of Youngblood's Disease.

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

Didn't Liefeld just recently put out a comic where his super cool, totally not Deadpool assassin got his dick stolen? I thought I remembered somebody in BSS talking about how crazy it was. Or is that just a misremembered fever dream.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Squizzle posted:

Rorschduck.

"No, you're all trapped in a world I never made...with me."

The Darkwing Duck comic showed that there's an alternate reality where Drake Mallard became Rorschduck. God, I miss that series.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Gavok posted:

The Darkwing Duck comic showed that there's an alternate reality where Drake Mallard became Rorschduck. God, I miss that series.

:ducksiren: :duckie: :ducksiren:

Considering closing the thread now that one of the pitches turns out to have been accepted at some point.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Yeah I mean just look at this

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

:clint: "Heh, right in the ol' starjammers with your own face lasers."

:awesomelon: "aaaauuuugh...actually they are...uuurgluugh...force beams..."

:rolleye: "rrgh...mmf...not lasers at all...aaagh..."

:psylon: "oh god, oooohh, uugh...they actually, oh god, they fire a—god the pain—kinetic blast...oh dear god..."

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Marvel handbook says Summers' brand bioforce expulsions are harmlessly reabsorbed by the body.

0/10 not cannon.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Their clothes don't absorb it, though, so all three Cyclopes are feeling their pants shoved into their respective groins with the force to punch holes through mountains. :colbert:

It is canon and I claim my no-prize.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Gavok posted:

I will never forgive Disney for shutting it down.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

I believe in all the ways that they say you can lose your body
Fallen Rib

bad day posted:

Considering all his characters end up gritting teeth like they did get punched in the dick I assume they do have dicks.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
Things get awkward for the Justice League after Aquaman casually drops the N word.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

David D. Davidson posted:

Things get awkward for the Justice League after Aquaman casually drops the N word.

"loving n*rwh*ls!"

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Frank Castle: Red Son

During one of his stints in jail, Frank Castle undergoes a Damascene conversion while reading Das Kapital in the prison library, promptly swaps his skull emblem for a hammer and a sickle and sets out on a one-man revolution. No longer does the Punisher judge the law inefficient and ineffective - it is also bourgeois. And no longer are criminals his target - it's open season on the superheroes, for they are surely class traitors of the first division.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Wheat Loaf posted:

During one of his stints in jail, Frank Castle undergoes a Damascene conversion while reading Das Kapital in the prison library, promptly swaps his skull emblem for a hammer and a sickle and sets out on a one-man revolution. No longer does the Punisher judge the law inefficient and ineffective - it is also bourgeois.

You made the Punisher even better!

Wheat Loaf posted:

And no longer are criminals his target - it's open season on the superheroes, for they are surely class traitors of the first division.

Eh, let's leave out this part.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
You can't have the first part without the second friend.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
That's the point - Castle believes that superheroes who do not kill criminals, though well-intentioned, are essentially ineffective because they perpetuate an inefficient and often corrupt system, perhaps without even realising it. Marxist Punisher would not simply view the system as inept and thus something to be ignored - he would see it as malevolent, and thus something to be destroyed. By making themselves part of the system - even a remote part - superheroes are making themselves targets.

As he progressed, he would discover that the average citizen of NYC - the worker - actually supports and values the superheroes he's killing. He would thus conclude that working class people are "part of the problem" set out on this indiscriminate killing spree until he's finally stopped by Captain America. :v:

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Trust me, you are taking this a lot more seriously then I am.
When Frank Castle's VHS Deathwish 4 collection finally gives up the ghost a trip to his cornerstone Redbox will change his modus operandi forever.

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?

Wheat Loaf posted:

During one of his stints in jail, Frank Castle undergoes a Damascene conversion while reading Das Kapital in the prison library, promptly swaps his skull emblem for a hammer and a sickle and sets out on a one-man revolution. No longer does the Punisher judge the law inefficient and ineffective - it is also bourgeois. And no longer are criminals his target - it's open season on the superheroes, for they are surely class traitors of the first division.

Wasn't the first part basically one of the vigilantes in Garth Ennis' Marvel Knights Punisher run? Bit less Communist though.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I don't know - I've never read a Garth Ennis comic.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Lucky prick.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

The title of the rejected sequel to this classic team-up:

Lightning Lord
Feb 21, 2013

$200 a day, plus expenses

The true test of whether you like Ennis or not is to read Dangerous Habits and Hitman. Maybe Fury Max too. Then, awakened to his true potential, you can poo poo on the Boys from a truly enlightened perspective.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I don't think anyone's life is poorer from not reading any Ennis at all.

Lightning Lord
Feb 21, 2013

Lurdiak posted:

I don't think anyone's life is poorer from not reading any Ennis at all.

Hitman and his Hellblazer comics just feel like they're written by an entirely different person than say, the Boys, which is legit one of the worst comics I've ever read.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Lightning Lord posted:

Then, awakened to his true potential, you can poo poo on the Boys from a truly enlightened perspective.

God...I read that entire loving thing... :negative:

Lightning Lord
Feb 21, 2013

WickedHate posted:

God...I read that entire loving thing... :negative:

Perhaps your origin story?

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Lightning Lord posted:

Perhaps your origin story?

My parents being murdered would have been a lot less traumatizing.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I went to the same school as Ennis. I sort of feel like I should have read at least one of his comics on that basis. But it's like the time I tried to watch the golf on the telly to show solidarity with Rory McIlroy; I'm just not into the golf, and I'm just not keen on the sort of thing Ennis usually writes about.

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition
Lot of people who're proud of bad taste in this thread.

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

Squizzle posted:

Spider-Man India must defeat a class revolt led by Unus the Untouchable.

:perfect:

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
Two crossovers you wish you would have never imagined but but now wish to see
It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia/Archie in: The Kappa of Riverdale:
While the gang make a pit stop in Riverdale on their way to Burning Man Frank becomes unzipped and dissapears. Thinking that he will eventually wander his way back home the gang leave him there and continue on their way. However when they heed him to pull of a scheme three weeks later, they findthemselves returning to riverdale and recruit Archie and friends to help find him.

Trailer Park Boys/Hellblazer
When a demonic possession threatens Julian and Ricky's latest scheme they recruit an acquaintance of theirs from prison: John Constantine. Unfortunately Lahey and Randy threaten to make the situation worse. It doesn't end well of Corey and Trevor.

David D. Davidson fucked around with this message at 07:35 on Feb 3, 2016

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Wheat Loaf posted:

I went to the same school as Ennis. I sort of feel like I should have read at least one of his comics on that basis. But it's like the time I tried to watch the golf on the telly to show solidarity with Rory McIlroy; I'm just not into the golf, and I'm just not keen on the sort of thing Ennis usually writes about.

Give his hellblazer a try. The early stuff is a bit different then the usual Ennis stuff.

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!
Has there been an X-Files/Ghostbusters crossover, yet?

*Mulder is rubbing a piece of paper on a notepad with a pencil*

"Why are you so interested in this case, Mulder? Who is Peter Bankman?"
"Bankman is the name he lives under, now, Scully. His ego is as such that he could have changed to it anything, but he couldn't resist teasing with something so similar to his own. No, this man's name, his real name, is Peter Venkman. Does that ring any bells?"
"Not particularly... From these photos, it looks like he's was just a garbage man. Did him and his pals find a crashed UFO in a dumpster?"
"Scully, back in the mid 80s these four men held court over the entire city of New York for a period of several weeks as several high-profile supernatural events occurred. The largest documented series of unexplained phenonemon in the largest city on the planet, complete with news footage of what can only be described as a giant-..."
"Wait, you're talking about the Marshmallow Man Hoax? Bankman was part of that?!"
"I'm not so certain it was a hoax..."
"Explain it to me, Mulder: If it wasn't a hoax, how do you rationally explain the sudden appearance and disappearance of a giant Stay-puft Marshmallow Man in a major city? If it were real, it would be on par with Godzilla and walking through Tokyo. Mulder, listen, this man and his associates are known con artists and hustlers, and whatever new game they're playing at now they want an audience."
"Whatever productions about to go on, I don't plan on sitting in the cheap seats..." *Mulder holds up the embossed street address from the sheet on the notepad* "...When I think I can use a backstage pass..."

Sigma-X
Jun 17, 2005
Warren Ellis Presents:

Nobody does a weird sex or makes up new swears:
Tales From The ImpossibleZone!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Comic that doesn't reference Vietnam or The Irish Civil War at any point and does not feature an entire issue set in a pub: by Garth Ennis

• Locked thread