Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ThermoPhysical
Dec 26, 2007

I really like the app because it lets me leave the forums open on my second monitor while gaming but I've noticed the options jdon't seem to turn on. :(

Especially the one where it opens to Bookmarks instead of the main forums.

EDIT: poo poo accidentally removed it and now the store claims it's still installed and I can't reinstall it.. Looks like it fixed itself somehow!

ThermoPhysical fucked around with this message at 17:14 on Jul 31, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThermoPhysical
Dec 26, 2007

Drastic Actions posted:

Well, most do :v:. The theme setting and bookmark sorting options are getting reset when you reenter the settings page (that's a bug and I'll fix it soon). For the theme setting, after setting it, you must restart the app to see it change. Dark mode in threads does work. Bookmark live tiles only work if you use the wide setting for the tile (I need to write the text for every variation of tile, and I only did it for wide at the moment. More are coming.) And it order to get notifications, you must enable the live tile support since right now they use the same background process.

The setting does save for launching into bookmarks... but I didn't rehook up the function for 10 :doh:. I'll fix it. Auto-Refresh was originally meant for the phone version only, and I'm not sure if that function is going to stay anyway.

I need to clean it up, but the other functions should work. The page was originally used for the Windows Phone 8.1 version and I just moved it over to 10 and didn't bother the whole "Checking to make sure the options work or make sense". I need to give it a good rethink.

Auto Refresh would actually be nice for me because I like to snap the app to the side and just do stuff and let it refresh, but I realize that's probably an edge case so I could understand just removing it.

Opening to bookmarks would be nice though.

ThermoPhysical
Dec 26, 2007

Drastic Actions posted:

The way "Auto Refresh" worked was basically "Navigate to a thread, navigate back to the thread list, thread list refresh". It was not "Auto refresh thread lists on a timer". It was meant for the phone because before on the phone version, there was no pull to refresh, so you had to keep hitting the refresh button to see the new threads, and that was annoying.

I can make a timer "Auto Refresh" function too. I'll think about it.

I'm noticing that the app only reads from the first page of the bookmarks and I can't seem to find a way to go to the next page.

Oh! Ok yeah I get it now. Auto Refresh on a timer is what I thought it was. Would that put a strain on the servers or something to do that though?

ThermoPhysical
Dec 26, 2007

How do I turn notifications off for the app? It constantly comes up, even during gaming...

ThermoPhysical
Dec 26, 2007

Drastic Actions posted:

Until I untie the options, turn off bookmark live tiles.

I did that and it still gave me notifications.

• Locked thread