Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Would it be possible to make a dark mode that applies to the whole app and not just threads?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Drastic Actions posted:

Yes... kinda... maybe. Dark mode is built into the app, but it uses the Windows theming system for turning it on or off. Windows Mobile 10 (and Windows Phone) have that option for light and dark mode. Windows 10 for Desktops/Tablets, for whatever reason, does not. So if I want to enable it on there, I need to make it an option and change the requested theme in the app itself. It's the same thing Groove and those other apps do. But I'm also making a Theme Manager so that I can add more than just a light and dark theme. It can have N number of themes, as many as I can make (I've already made a YOSPOS theme for it, for example.). You can see work on it in my Project.Log thread.

Now, depending on how much time I have to finish the theme manager, I will either wait and get that done or just make a box for just the light and dark theme. At the very least, a dark mode does exist in the app and it should be fully ready. I just need a way of exposing the option.

Cool. I'm eagerly awaiting this feature, as it's the only thing that is stopping me from just totally switching over to it. Honestly just having this app open on 2/3 of the screen and Facebook messenger on the remaining and I'll hardly ever have to open Chrome again.

E: Also having all your read threads with unread posts in it show up at the top of the individual sub forums when you go into them would be nice.

Vince MechMahon fucked around with this message at 05:57 on Jul 31, 2015

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

New dark mode looks great. Soon as the threads you've opened but have unread posts stuff go to the top thing is in, I'll probably start using this as my main way of viewing the forums. Excellent work so far.

• Locked thread