Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
life_source
May 11, 2008

i got tired of looking at your edgy baby avatar that a 14-year old would be proud of
I'm no longer able to log-in on the app after changing my password after the recent "maybe change your password" scare. It's giving me "ERROR: Your Username/Password were incorrect, try again", but I just logged into the forums with the proper credentials I'm using for the app. Is there something going on? What am I messing up?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

life_source
May 11, 2008

i got tired of looking at your edgy baby avatar that a 14-year old would be proud of

Drastic Actions posted:

You should uninstall and reinstall the app. Depending on the version it's either trying to use "http" endpoints, which won't work, or trying to use the same expired password cookie to log you in, which also won't work.

In the Windows 10 Creators update, you can also "reset" the app in the settings menu.

Which will get rid of the bad cookie.

I've also put up a new Awful Forums Reader Beta, which should fix that issue and (hopefully) others.

Thanks for the reply.

Unfortunately, I'm going to have to add some information about my problem I should have added before. Sorry.

I'm using a Nokia Lumia 635, so I can only run Windows Phone 8.1. Reinstalling doesn't fix the problem, probably because of the expired cookie which I can't find a way to clear/reset. The updated Beta does show up in the store, but when I try and open it it just immediately closes before hitting the login screen after giving me the opening graphic (that's not the name, it's just bad). I also currently do not have access to anything running Windows 10.

Am I SOL because I'm using depreciated hardware?

life_source fucked around with this message at 02:49 on Apr 2, 2017

life_source
May 11, 2008

Drastic Actions posted:

Sorry. Windows 10 only. :(

The beta for 8.1 is very old. I should pull it from the store so no one else downloads it by mistake.

It's very hard to maintain the app for older platforms. I can only build 8.1 apps in visual studio 2015, and while I still have a collection of phones to use on it, it's getting harder to get them provisioned for development.

I thought the 635 could run Windows 10. You could use the insider builds on the release preview branch to get a stable experience.

Ah dang, that all sucks, but is totally understandable. Thank you for everything.

It looks like I only have a 635 with 512 MB, not the 1 GB they want for Windows 10.

I've been looking for a way to clear the bad cookie data to no avail. Everything was working fine up until then, so hopefully if I can eventually get that cleared somehow it will all go back to working fine?

Again though, thanks for everything. It's a really good app, and I look forward to being able to browse the forums when on the go thanks to you in the future.

• Locked thread