Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Posting from a HP Stream 8 running Windows 10. Under 8.1 the app scaled very nicely to the screen size but now everything is just a little bit too small for my tastes, which is odd because the other apps I've checked (Twitter, for instance) scale properly. Is there any way to change the scaling of the app, or at the very least increase the text size?

[Edit: also how do you bookmark a thread while reading it?]

[Edit edit: tried changing the global scaling setting from 100% to 125%... the app apparently ignored it somehow :psyduck: Tiny forums it is!]

asecondduck fucked around with this message at 04:16 on Aug 10, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Drastic Actions posted:

I'm not doing anything special with fonts or scaling. It works totally fine on my Surface Pro 3 and Dell XPS 13 (Both of which have DPI scaling on) so I'm not sure what you're issue could be.

Strange, here's a screenshot of how it looks:

The buttons on the side and the text are way smaller than they should be (this is at 125% scaling). Like, the buttons are less than a quarter inch big and pretty hard to press, and the button labels are like 4pt. A few other apps are exhibiting the same issue (Reddhub, for instance), while others (Twitter) are not. Maybe it's an issue with apps that are using old Windows 8 code instead of using the new universal app framework? The app scaled perfectly for the few minutes I used it on 8.1 while 10 was downloading.

For comparison, this is how Twitter scales on my tablet's 8" display:

The buttons and fonts are significantly bigger by comparison.

[Edit: Wait, what the gently caress, I just checked both screenshots on my laptop and the fonts and stuff look exactly the same size, what the gently caress is going on here :psyboom:]

Drastic Actions posted:

Right now you can't add a bookmark directly from a thread. You can hold down on a thread in the thread list to do it. I can add it to the thread view at some point.

Ah okay. I'd used the app awhile ago on an older laptop and thought I remembered being able to bookmark threads, but I guess not.

asecondduck fucked around with this message at 18:40 on Aug 11, 2015

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Drastic Actions posted:

Yeah, that's not the UWP version, that's 8.1. You have to uninstall it and reinstall to get the new version.

:negative:

...Windows Store told me that it updated when when I updated to Windows 10. Obviously it did not. Everything's better now.

Still doesn't explain why the elements looked right in the screenshot, though. Oh well.

[Edit: Okay, proper build now, but a new issue/request: I like reading some threads in landscape, such as the comic strip thread because the images scale nicely to, well, basically comic strip size. But landscape mode now has the split view, which means that the threads only take up half the screen, leading to tiny comic strips. Is there a way to disable split view in landscape?]

asecondduck fucked around with this message at 18:52 on Aug 11, 2015

• Locked thread