Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
porkinson
Jan 20, 2015

The app seemed to work fine right after install, but after using it for an hour I noticed that it randomly stopped working for a second, I couldn't scroll the thread or click on anything, it fixed itself after a second or two with my actions happening at once, after using it more i started happening more often, right now it does that every 30 seconds or so, task manager shows that every time it happens the app itself and remote procedure call(RPC) get more than 30% processor time each.

It's a fresh windows 10 install, I wiped everything during upgrade.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

porkinson
Jan 20, 2015

Drastic Actions posted:

I've seen that happen before, but it's rare. As far as I know, it depends on the threads you read and what gets loaded into the webview. My current theory on it is that it's not unloading the webview cache when you switch threads. So even though I'm replacing the HTML, it's not getting rid of what's there already. So that starts screwing up other parts of the app.

I usually only go to what's in my bookmarks, so I don't get it (My longest session was one day so far. For most people right now it's around two hours). I'm working on fixing this so that I completely clean the webview so it will lower the memory usage. That should also fix this.
Ok, that's great.
After restarting the app everything seems to be working fine. From what you said it might have been caused by me searching for threads to add to the tabs, this was the first time I started the app so I went looking all over the forums for the threads I read.

• Locked thread