Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
Is there a thread for the phone 8.1 version? Does anything happen with that version?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

Drastic Actions posted:

I don't update it anymore. All effort is in the Windows 10 UWP. While I understand that leaves people on older phones behind, it's easier than trying to maintain multiple versions on vastly different codebase. Also, I'm basically the only one who works on this app. I don't have time for 8.1 anymore.

Having said that, if anyone has a massive interest in maintaining it, the code is open source. But yeah, I'm full steam ahead on Windows 10.

understandable

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
Thank you for not killing the 10 of us using this :)

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

kloa posted:

Picked up a Surface and thought I'd try out the Awful app.

Only issue so far is the Bookmark refresh seems to time out. I thought it might have been my poo poo internet, but I can refresh sub forums if I go through the Main menu just fine but not directly from the Bookmarks tab. Bug or something on my end?
I think it has to do with the thing ZDR wrote above. I get an error but it still works for me. Should be updated soon I think?

Esoteric request I guess: Can the app read FYAD? I get a blank screen.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

What's this mean? How do I get to the inner exceptions log?

And wow you work fast.

Edit: That error doesn't stop it from working, it works anyway. This is 13.5.4.0

Kia Soul Enthusias fucked around with this message at 20:02 on Jun 26, 2017

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
I reinstalled and the error I had went away. *shrug* Dunno about the other person.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
The bookmarks error came back. :v: It actually pops up while I'm reading a thread. It doesn't seem to matter though.

Edit: Maybe because I have 17 pages of bookmarks now that the forums haven't been archiving for several years?

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
I think it might be complaining because it's unable to save the updated bookmarks. They stay in RAM, but if I cold start the app the bookmarks list is a really old refresh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
aww :(

• Locked thread