Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Partycat
Oct 25, 2004

That explains why when I hit refresh it just seemed to "flash" for a second and didn't do anything!

With regard to the low-memory causing threads to close, I was going to see if there's some way to have it toggle a page last read after you actually arrow over to the next page? It would require some active action to set LR to the first post on the displayed page when it comes up, but, it would be nice w/r/t not being able to earmark the current position in the thread for resume, as the memory related resume does just resume the app to the foreground.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Partycat
Oct 25, 2004

Works swell now, thanks! Glad permissions work too, though either I accepted it with what it wanted in the past, or it doesn't prompt when you change them.

I see the sidebar collapse too but I still keep rotation locked, as it redraws at the top of the thread page when you rotate rather than staying where you were.

Partycat
Oct 25, 2004

Drastic Actions posted:

Looking at my analytics data, I don't see any crashes so I'm not sure why it's failing to launch. I'm not sure if it's my app or Windows 10 taking a poo poo on it and not telling me. The only time I had something similar happen was on Insider builds when I deployed the app, and I had to restart the phone to get it to work. This version should not using old Awful database and settings files, so that should not be the issue. I do have an update in certification right now. It does not have anything specific to crashing at the splash screen (Because again, I can't reproduce it.) but maybe that'll fix it? What OS version are you running? Production, Insider Builds? I've only tested the app on the newest fast ring insider build and SDK 10586 (The current production one)

So yeah, try restarting the phone. I'm hoping it's just that Windows 10 build you all are running is being stupid rather than the app, because I don't see anything obvious as to why it wouldn't launch. Sorry :(

Same, on Lumia 640, 10.0.14342.1004 , fast build. It opened prior to the update, but, just gives me the screen. Tried rebooting (which this build needs occasionally, unfortunately), re-installing, etc. If there's other data I can get for you, I will.

Partycat
Oct 25, 2004

I'll try a hard reset I guess to see if that helps.

E:

This seems to have worked, though my most recent back up .. wasn't . But I installed Awful and it opens now.

Partycat fucked around with this message at 15:47 on May 30, 2016

• Locked thread