Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Smoke
Mar 12, 2005

I am NOT a red Bumblebee for god's sake!

Gun Saliva
I got that too last night but fixed it with a reinstall, figured it was just an issue on my side.

Also, on my 640(regular, not XL, running the latest Slow Ring build) images have a nasty habit of having the right 10% or so off-screen. It gets worse when they're quoted as they keep a fixed width. I'm also noticing emotes appear to be causing linebreaks before and after them.

Other than that it's been a pretty great version so far.

EDIT: Have a screenshot from a bit up in the thread to illustrate:

Smoke fucked around with this message at 22:53 on Mar 17, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smoke
Mar 12, 2005

Gun Saliva

Partycat posted:

Same, on Lumia 640, 10.0.14342.1004 , fast build. It opened prior to the update, but, just gives me the screen. Tried rebooting (which this build needs occasionally, unfortunately), re-installing, etc. If there's other data I can get for you, I will.

Oddly enough I've got the exact same hardware(LTE though, dunno if that applies to you too) and build, and no issues whatsoever. I did come from the beta though, so maybe that's related, or I just got lucky. I also got the "What's new?" screen.

Smoke
Mar 12, 2005

Gun Saliva
Dunno if it's a bug with Windows or the app, but on the current and previous Insider Builds I've had the Live Tile stop updating and bookmarks not refreshing in the background. The only solution that's worked so far has been to uninstall and reinstall, after which it acted normal again, unpinning or logging out and logging back in did nothing. Background data is enabled for the app, and the settings in the app itself appear to be correct too.

After yesterday's new build the issue came back though(Still on Lumia 640 LTE) I'm still using the beta, should I switch back to the release version?

Smoke
Mar 12, 2005

Gun Saliva
Turns out the live tile thing is an issue with the current build, I've seen people report it for various other tiles and it's a bit random. I've also had it happen to the Photos tile occasionally.

I did go to the release version and so far it's been nice.

• Locked thread