Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I'm still bitter about the short season but it's pretty awesome that we get closure.

Five weeks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Ryan Robbins just joined the cast of Arrow in a recurring bad guy role.

It's like Six Degrees of Vancouver with these guys.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE posted:

I KNEW there was a reason I went with the Canada tag over the SciFi one

You should make a chart of Canadian actors and which shows they have appeared in.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Got an email I can send the cert to?

Weekend project found

If you actually do this it will make my week.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Every member of Liber8 is so awesome that I can't pick a favorite.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

I'm still pissed she isn't one of the Space marines.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
They have shown us nothing to lead us to believe that they can access alternate futures at any point in the show. I still think they missed a massive opportunity in not having both Kiera's alive and in competition for the same ticket home.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

TomWaitsForNoMan posted:

Didn't the Freelancers lifeboat jump between timelines? That's basically the same thing

EDIT: nope I misremembered, it just sent her back in time

Yup, sent her back a week.

I think Escher alluded to traveling forward but we haven't seen anyone do so.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

CeeJee posted:

I'm rewatching season 1 for a bit and Travis is such a goddamn psycho. He just murdered two innocent women in an attempt to erase Kiera or Kellogg from existence.
In other news, Garza got married :allears:

God drat look at that smile. I can see why they always have Garza scowling, if she smiled like that she's cease to be terrifying.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Apoplexy posted:

We were ALREADY shown that there are multiple timelines being tracked in season 3. She can probably get back to her home timeline via one of the more-advanced time travel devices.

Possibly but as I pointed out earlier (or in the last thread?) we have yet to see anyone in this series actually travel forward in time.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Apoplexy posted:

That's for the finale. Hell, it seems like it should be EASIER to travel forward instead of back.

I dunno, look how much effort it took for them to send Kiera over to the new timeline.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Invalid Validation posted:

Wouldn't she just have to make another kid in the future? We've established already that the person time traveling doesn't just switch brains, it's a new physical copy. She'd have to steal the not her child to be with him again. That's if it's not a frog cause they hosed up time a lot already.

The theory is that if Kiera's original timeline still exists, she could step back in seamlessly. But if it doesn't there would indeed already be a Kiera there and we don't know if she'd be willing to murder herself just to get her son (and husband I guess) back.

That is assuming that they can figure out how to access the alternate timelines, Alec seems to think it's possible. There's a lot to do in 4 episodes.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

JossiRossi posted:

Could jump forward to just after she was sent back, no self murder needed!

It looked like that might happen once previously. But not every timeline is going to involve her traveling back in time, that's the problem. She might show up to a future where she got sick the day of the execution.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Apoplexy posted:

I'm just surprised they capped the leader of the Future Soldiers already. That's quick turn-over of new characters. Also, remembering the second CPS suit was an awesome example of why this show rules.

There's 3 episodes left. That was about as developed as we can expect a new guy to be.

And there's a third CPS suit somewhere still isn't there?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Open Source Idiom posted:

Elena's suit, right? The one Travis stole during the aborted timeline from the end of Season 2. I can't remember what happened to that one.

Presumably wherever it was prior to Travis taking it.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

The traveller kills Kiera.

It is never revealed who he is or what he wants.

:eng99:

YES. Farscape the gently caress out of this finale.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
The whole thing being a con so Future Kellog can steal his own kidneys is loving amazing. I'm kind of unhappy with how Kiera and Brad are going, I like here being content in the past with him last season.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

The Strain is in Toronto but I don't suggest it

Don't listen to this man the Strain is the finest in quality television currently available for consumption.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Apoplexy posted:

He was a main caster in The Strain's first season, then dropped to recurring in the second season only to get killed off the second he joined the main group. DOH!

He got killed off on Arrow last year as well.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
How great is this show that the death of one of the bad guys is super upsetting.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
One thing I didn't see mentioned at all. Was future marine who shot up the station some other sort of super soldier or did he just have really great future kevlar?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Garza might get the opportunity to kill Kellog twice!

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Oh wow. I think they just topped the Farscape finale as far as "holy gently caress that's depressing."

quote:

CPS Officer Kiera Cameron never returned home.

Rhyno fucked around with this message at 05:57 on Oct 10, 2015

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

I'm not sure I'd call it depressing. Farscape was a kick in the teeth for sure but I'm glad they had the balls to hit us like they did. Its pretty clear, aside from the obvious, that a lot of this was compressed but they could have easily hit the reset button for the textbook happy ending but it felt like a perfect combination of Kiera getting what she wanted while paying the price for saving the world.

I'm just sad it ends there because we all know Kiera is crazy enough to murder new timeline Kiera and take over her life.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

A shot of her standing infront of Sadtech and holding the time travel sphere in one hand and some memento of her son in the other as if she was going to try and go back for a do-over.

Or grabbing her not-son and taking him back with her.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Raenir Salazar posted:

Happy Kagame was even weirder. Such a contented and happy zen buddhist.

This wasn't nearly as odd as he was happy plenty of times on Stargate.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Wasn't it theorized in show that the further you traveled the more hazardous it could be since Jason was pretty crazy?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Pendent posted:

If that'd the case what's going to happen to Kellog, I wonder?

He's going to become Jesus.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Raenir Salazar posted:

*gasp* the Mormons were right!.

Hahaha! I actually didn't think of that.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Raenir Salazar posted:

I'm personally not very fond of the idea that Kellog's being sent back in time is an absolute necessity for a happy ending and that his end was a result of his own actions that were both avoidable and not mutually exclusive to Kiera's goals.

I'm pretty sure Kellog's destined part to play in things was "step into the portal and thus destroying Brad's future."

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Ryan Robbins (Brad) is doing a stint on Arrow this season if anyone but me cares.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
He just popped up on Once Upon a Time but I honestly recommend you don't watch as it's poo poo.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

grilldos posted:

He survived Continue Mom, surely he can get through Kingdom Hearts: The TV Series.

poo poo he survived like 5 years of Sanctuary, he can make it through anything.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Paying the bills.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

tasslex posted:

He's rocking it on Arrow right now as a random merc on the island.

And Once Upon A Time!

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I suddenly have a craving for a sandwich.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
BEARD SIGHTED

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Rxoz13Bthc

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
This reminds me of a guy I know who refers to every black actor as Omar Epps.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Looks like we might have a chance of avoiding Kiera's timeline.

http://sustainablepulse.com/2015/12/03/monsanto-put-on-trial-for-crimes-against-humanity-in-the-hague/#.VmU03LgrLIV

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Jesus Christ who cares about the contents of the article, I was just making a joke.

• Locked thread