Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

This is hitting me even harder than Dusty. When I started watching in the early 90's, Piper was my favorite. I recall being completely sure that at Royal Rumble 1992 he was going to win both the IC and world title belts in one night. Dude was always electric and fun as hell and once dressed up as a superhero while teaming up with RoboCop. I'm going to miss the hell out of him.

Rewatching the final minutes of Legends House is probably the most soul destroying thing you can do right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Jiro posted:

I'm afraid to ask why what happened in the final minutes or episode of Legend's House?

They all wait in the living room as they get phone calls about their individual limos showing up. One by one they say their goodbyes. The last two are Piper and Duggan, who were roommates and came off as really close throughout the show. After Duggan leaves, it's just Piper alone, talking about the experiences and how it's not likely he'll see them too often in the future. Then he sits down and plays the piano until it's time for him to leave.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

In the afterlife, Morton Downey Jr. just poo poo himself in terror and he doesn't know why.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Stanfield posted:

Remember when Roddy was the best thing about the Nexus angle?

I remember having a good laugh when Barrett walked out during Piper's Pit and someone in the GDT said something like, "Oh, God! It's going to be the promo version of a Dragonball Z fight!"

Also makes me think of that MSG Raw where Piper came out and did a rambling promo until Vince came out to talk to him. It led to that weird gif of Vince using two microphones as binoculars and this gem from the forum (paraphrasing):

"Mr. McMahon! Piper's in the ring with a live mic and he's drunk as hell!"
"Goddamn it. Get me a line of coke, I'm going out there!"

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Say Nothing posted:

Fun fact, Roddy voiced a character called Flame Lord in Adventure Time.
The episode 'The Red Throne' had a good parody of his 'They Live' alley fight. His opponent was Flame King, voiced by Keith David.

They really should have had Roddy Piper voice a character on Gargoyles.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Dr. rear end posted:

Ronda Rousey beat the poo poo out of Bethe Correia in all of 34 seconds and immediately paid tribute to Roddy. She said that he and her late father saw a great show :unsmith:

Instead of going for the expected submission offense, Ronda destroyed her with a Star Platinum fury of strikes.

In other words, just when you think you have the answers, she changes the questions.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Jerusalem posted:

Apparently during House Shows the crowd would chant along like the Count on his pinfall attempts, and CM Punk would make his comeback by making the sign of the cross at him :3:

They would also chant at Ariel, "SHE'S GOT HERPES!" and Thorn would act all angry about it. Then he'd think about it for a second, pull the ref over and have him inspect the inside of his lower lip.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Dario the Wop posted:

Recently discovered Piper had his own G.I. Joe figure (released in '07, con exclusive). He's part of Destro's Iron Grenadiers. This made me very happy.

So that's three GI Joe characters who are in the WWE Hall of Fame.

• Locked thread