Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gravy Train Robber
Sep 15, 2007

by zen death robot
Dog supremacy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gravy Train Robber
Sep 15, 2007

by zen death robot
Lets have an adorable dog RPG

Maybe reskin Ryuutama into Homeward Bound?

Gravy Train Robber
Sep 15, 2007

by zen death robot
I just bought Ryutaama the other day during the DTRPG sale and havent finished reading it. But now I really want heartwarming dog travel stories.

Gravy Train Robber
Sep 15, 2007

by zen death robot

Ningyou posted:

psst there's an adorable dogventure rpg already it starts with "g" and ends with "olden sky stories"

Yesssssss

Gravy Train Robber
Sep 15, 2007

by zen death robot

LongDarkNight posted:

Cats, no sense or right or wrong.

Charles Darwin posted:

There seems to me too much misery in the world. I cannot persuade myself that a beneficent & omnipotent God would have designedly created the Ichneumonidę with the express intention of their feeding within the living bodies of caterpillars, or that a cat should play with mice.

Gravy Train Robber
Sep 15, 2007

by zen death robot
I love dogs but I was briefly dating this girl with a pug and holy poo poo pugs are not cute. Not at all. They are disgusting and smell and wheeze constantly. It was like a sweaty danny devito kept trying to worm its way into bed.

I can attest that both Border Collies and Boston Terriers are chill dogs though.

But lets check out an ADVENTURE DOG

Gravy Train Robber
Sep 15, 2007

by zen death robot

Tollymain posted:

i think it was actually going to have a tabletop rpg adaptation, by vincent baker, but nothing ever came of it

Yeah, I think there was a Knife and Candle tabletop game that was in the works and then just died quietly. I agree though, its one of my favorite fictional worlds and is a fantastic setting for RPGs.

Plus I would love to just look at a beautiful book full of art and worldbuilding for The Neath.

Gravy Train Robber
Sep 15, 2007

by zen death robot

Bedlamdan posted:

Do not insult dogs, that's even worse than insulting most other things that I like...

Oh, unless someone is referring to Shiba Inu's because everyone is getting them because of the doge meme and don't know how to actually handle such a difficult animal

The dog is jumping out of the helicopter because he's a RESCUE DOG. He is a GOOD DOG. Check out the link if you click on adventure dog to see the full set of him saving people.

Dogs: TRUE HEROES

Also before the month is through I think I will start a Ryuutama game (with dogs) simply because I love the Oregon Trail aspect of it.

Gravy Train Robber
Sep 15, 2007

by zen death robot
Are there any good superhero RPG systems that goons would recommend? I had the Marvel/Cortex game but never really wrapped my head around it, and I picked up Necessary Evil for Savage Worlds several years back but it generally felt like it was still missing something. I was having a conversation with friends about it today and realized I don't actually know too much about the genre options.

Gravy Train Robber
Sep 15, 2007

by zen death robot
Arcanum was made by the same people who did Vampire: Bloodlines, which is probably the only decent World of Darkness property. I rank it up there with Alpha Protocol. And if I recall correctly, after Troika shut down an awful lot of that crew went on to join Obsidian.

Gravy Train Robber
Sep 15, 2007

by zen death robot

You've just made my day so much better. I want to go back to the world of 2004

Gravy Train Robber
Sep 15, 2007

by zen death robot

El Estrago Bonito posted:

What, you didn't like Monte Cook's World of Darkness?

Thank you for reminding me that exists. Is there an F&F of it?

For anyone not aware, it was a d20, class based World of Darkness game that had nothing to do with the World of Darkness, by Monte "The Moon" Cook

Gravy Train Robber
Sep 15, 2007

by zen death robot
It was an earlier time. A darker time.

The time of d20.

For all the jokes about 4E being a video game I remember right when 3E came out they released a goddamn Diablo 2 conversion guide so you could play Diablo 2 in D&D

Gravy Train Robber fucked around with this message at 21:52 on Aug 24, 2015

Gravy Train Robber
Sep 15, 2007

by zen death robot
Not as amazing as this one

I can't believe it was a whole product line

Gravy Train Robber
Sep 15, 2007

by zen death robot

I have discovered an amazing new well. Whaaaaaat

Gravy Train Robber
Sep 15, 2007

by zen death robot
If I hadn't toxxed my account for something I'm bound to lose on, I'd be picking up the Diablo cover as a new av

Gravy Train Robber
Sep 15, 2007

by zen death robot

Bedlamdan posted:

What did you even do?

:bernget:

Outside the context of Trad Games.

But I am really morbidly curious to pick up those D2 books. I have no idea how they could have possibly translated the game into 3E. Looking into it more, there was a whole line in 2nd Edition as well :psyduck:

Diablo 2 "Fast Play D&D", fast play looks like some abomination between 2E and using nothing but D6s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gravy Train Robber
Sep 15, 2007

by zen death robot
:feelsgood:

Alien Rope Burn posted:

Let's not forget:

I have no fondness for most of Blizzard's output, but it can't be understated how badly WotC squandered the licenses with boring and misconceived products.

Blizzard hasn't had the best of luck with licensing out their stuff to other companies. The first people they had producing the WoW TCG were involved in like fraud, if I remember correctly, then they had to deal with Cryptozoic, they let things lapse with FFG right as board gaming began to really take off (I heard the Starcraft board game was actually pretty decent), and they've had a few other missteps.

And some genuinely odd choices for licensed products like BANG! Heroes of the Storm Edition

• Locked thread