Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

I've decided my next car is going to be a Fiesta ST, either late this year or more likely early next year. Until then the plan is to put every cent I don't absolutely need to spend into savings for a sizeable down payment.

I know at least one of you guys own one of these - what do you think? Is it as fun as it looks and would you say it's worth the price in fun/$$ ratio?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

In the past few months I've gone from a sixer or more a night to having a couple of beers on the weekends socially. Throwing all the money I was spending on beer into a new car fund is pretty good motivation :v: I effectively feel like I've given myself a goddamn raise.

So hang in there STR.

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

Tommychu posted:

spade bit supremacy. Almost makes woodworking bearable.

In high school I was in a theatre tech class and watched a kid slooooowly drill a 1" hole through a 2x4 with a spade bit turning way, way too fast. There was quite a bit of smoke involved.

Once he got through he unchucked the bit and grabbed it to pull it out of the drill. :supaburn:

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

I've always felt the only way Uber would be worth it would be if you were to use an older beater that you could run into the ground with minimal maintenance and generally not give a poo poo about. I think both Uber and Lyft are fairly picky about how new your car has to be, though. Doing it in anything even somewhat new seems dumb as hell.

What do I know though, I used my own car as an independent contract courier for two years. :v: I didn't have to worry about being dicked around on pay because of not having the right phone charger or whatever though.

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

Comrade Flynn posted:

Of course I'm doing this. I'm talking to Lambo HQ about hooking the kid up with all sorts of swag. Finding a model of my car is a huge pain in the rear end but I know of a place on ebay I can snag one.

Apparently they've also hooked him up with a behind the scenes museum tour here in Seattle. So the plan is I pick him up at his house, drive him to the museum, then drive him to the dog park where the local samoyed club is going to surprise him with a party (he loves samoyeds and Lamborghinis apparently).

:unsmith: This is awesome and you're awesome for doing it.

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

I have a day off tomorrow (gotta work Saturday though) and I'm driving an hour or so to look at/test drive a 2011 Mazda3 2.5 6 speed (hatchback!) with bank check in hand. :party:

I know I was talking about the FiST earlier but I had to take a step back and look at my financial situation and realize that it's not the right time to buy a brand new hot hatch. :unsmith: At least I'm keeping the Miata, and with it not being my daily anymore I can maybe give it some attention.

Cheer me up, AI.

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

QuarkMartial posted:

Friends of the wife and I are all hyped up about getting their daughter her first car. I'd love to be excited.... But it's a 2010 PT Cruiser.

Chances are she's going to wreck it anyway so no loss here.

Maybe she can learn the joys of maintenance through poo poo failing randomly, too. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

If marijuana were out of your system as quickly as most other drugs I'm convinced very few companies would bother to drug test applicants. :ssh:

• Locked thread