Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
If a group of games journalists were hanging off a ledge and were about to fall I would run up there and start bashing their fingers with a hammer in order to hasten the process.

The Taint Reaper fucked around with this message at 01:41 on Sep 1, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

I like to imagine they would scream "ludonarrative dissonance" as they plummet to their death.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly

The Taint Reaper posted:

If a group of games journalists were hanging off a ledge and were about to fall I would run up there and start bashing their fingers with a hammer in order to hasten the process.

I'd pee on em

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

that counts as sexual harassment though.

Quest For Glory II posted:

Women will generally spend hours in front of a mirror improving their looks so that they can attract the most successful men possible. They're purposely choosing to use their bodies to reward successful behavior in men.

They do this for one reason. They believe it's easier than actually becoming successful themselves. That's why you see lots of men going into difficult high paying majors and women taking easier lower paying ones. And there's absolutely nothing wrong with that. That's just the general decisions of each gender. Men know that if they want to become wealthy they need to earn it, while it's easier for women to simply marry into wealth. Again nothing wrong. If a women chooses to forgo fun in her youth to achieve a daunting degree like engineering that's great. And if a women chooses to party and have fun in college then marry an engineer that's fine too.

So I'm sorry to burst your victimhood bubble but there is no underlying male domination in society. Men are far more likely to be killed on the job. Far more likely to be attacked in public. Far more likely to have to earn their own wealth. Far more likely to kill themselves. Far more likely to be drafted into the next big war to be used as cannon fodder. Far more likely to lose custody of their children in similar circumstances to other women. Far more likely to serve harsher sentences for the same crime. Far more likely to work at any occupation in the show Dirty Jobs. Far more likely to be hit as children. Far more likely to work longer hours than even childless mothers. In short shut the actual gently caress up and stop calling me a bad person for having a pair of balls.

Have you played Arnosurge: Ode to an Unborn Star?

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

star wars is bad

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

Women will generally spend hours in front of a mirror improving their looks so that they can attract the most successful men possible. They're purposely choosing to use their bodies to reward successful behavior in men.

They do this for one reason. They believe it's easier than actually becoming successful themselves. That's why you see lots of men going into difficult high paying majors and women taking easier lower paying ones. And there's absolutely nothing wrong with that. That's just the general decisions of each gender. Men know that if they want to become wealthy they need to earn it, while it's easier for women to simply marry into wealth. Again nothing wrong. If a women chooses to forgo fun in her youth to achieve a daunting degree like engineering that's great. And if a women chooses to party and have fun in college then marry an engineer that's fine too.

So I'm sorry to burst your victimhood bubble but there is no underlying male domination in society. Men are far more likely to be killed on the job. Far more likely to be attacked in public. Far more likely to have to earn their own wealth. Far more likely to kill themselves. Far more likely to be drafted into the next big war to be used as cannon fodder. Far more likely to lose custody of their children in similar circumstances to other women. Far more likely to serve harsher sentences for the same crime. Far more likely to work at any occupation in the show Dirty Jobs. Far more likely to be hit as children. Far more likely to work longer hours than even childless mothers. In short shut the actual gently caress up and stop calling me a bad person for having a pair of balls.

Please tell me the posts following that were calling the dude out on being an rear end in a top hat.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

Level Slide posted:

Please tell me the posts following that were calling the dude out on being an rear end in a top hat.

Forget it, Level Slide; it's NeoGAF.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

icantfindaname posted:

star wars is bad

this wasn't always true but it has been the case for like twenty years now

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

Level Slide posted:

For your sanity, yes everybody calls him out for his terrible opinion.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
Microsoft announced the Xbox One Elite or whatever the gently caress. I was ready to hop on that $399 1TB One with Halo MCC, Assassin's Creed Unity, and then Borderlands as my free game, but now I'm not sure if I should wait until November. The only visible difference in the consoles is that the Elite has an SSD.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
the xbox one might be literally the first console ever made that doesn't have a single exclusive i want to play on it

i mean it sure doesn't have one yet anyway

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

i had a game gear but i don't think any games i had for it were worth it in retrospect

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
I missed almost all of last gen and didn't give many fucks about Halo when it came out.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

precision posted:

the xbox one might be literally the first console ever made that doesn't have a single exclusive i want to play on it

What about that one game that's a bunch of n64 ports

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

precision posted:

Sunset overdrive?

ReCore and Scalebound in the future possibly maybe?

theultimo
Aug 2, 2004

An RSS feed bot who makes questionable purchasing decisions.
Pillbug

No Such Thing posted:

Sunset overdrive?

Forza

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

how about a super meat boy clone using recolored earthbound sprites and titled "The toilet chronicles"

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

No Such Thing posted:

recore is a cgi trailer with nothing else known except the guy that wrote cutscenes like "your best buddy, superfly" in dikatana is leading the project.

scalebound looks like the worst platinum game ever

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

Broseph Brostar posted:

For your sanity, yes everybody calls him out for his terrible opinion.

I mean I'm also fine with everyone else in there high-fiving each other on their penis guilt. Even the women.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Broseph Brostar posted:

What about that one game that's a bunch of n64 ports

so juiced for this that I might actually buy a 'bone just for it but instead I'll probably bring my n64 across the country because tbh I only really want it for blast corps

but man... blast corps... in H.D.!

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

noirstronaut posted:

Microsoft announced the Xbox One Elite or whatever the gently caress. I was ready to hop on that $399 1TB One with Halo MCC, Assassin's Creed Unity, and then Borderlands as my free game, but now I'm not sure if I should wait until November. The only visible difference in the consoles is that the Elite has an SSD.
It doesn't have an SSD, it has a 1TB Hybrid Drive (SSHD) https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hybrid_drive

It probably has a hilariously small amount of actual SSD cache on it, something like 48GB.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Recore could be good but on the other hand it has Keiji Inafune's name on it so

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Have they actually shown anything of the gameplay in Re:Core or said what's it's going to be like?

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

it's about a woman who sticks her balls into stuff

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Sounds like my sort of thing.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Recore could be good but on the other hand it has Keiji Inafune's name on it so

This backlash against Inafune has gotten pretty silly.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

I mean red ash was a complete disaster so I'm not like super down with the guy

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
Inafune isn't a person who will sink a project, but he is a person who will likely have zero bearing on a game's quality, for good or bad.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
YOUR AUGMENTED FUTURE AWAITS

https://www.deusex.com/augmentyourpreorder

:smith:

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

lol four day early release

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Real hurthling! posted:

scalebound looks like the worst platinum game ever

It can't be as bad as Korra.

Platinum's future lineup looks pretty meh so far.

"We literally couldn't think of anything else for the 100% reward!"

Heavy Lobster
Oct 24, 2010

:gowron::m10:

I mean red ash was a complete disaster so I'm not like super down with the guy

What happened with red ash other than they released a video that was literally "hey look, we have a movement system and that's about it because we're in pre-alpha" and people got angry because they don't know what a pre-alpha is?

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

No Final Fantasy Costume DLC, no buy. :colbert:

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Heavy Lobster posted:

What happened with red ash other than they released a video that was literally "hey look, we have a movement system and that's about it because we're in pre-alpha" and people got angry because they don't know what a pre-alpha is?

I think it's cause he's cracking open another kickstarter for what's basically Mega Man Legends 3 and people are annoyed over how Mighty No 9 is turning out.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Heavy Lobster posted:

mighty number whatever who cares hasn't even been released yet.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Heavy Lobster posted:

Pre-Alpha is usually defined as Street Fighter 1, Street Fighter 2, Turbo, Championship Edition, and Super Street Fighter 2.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Heavy Lobster posted:

They did another Kickstarter when their first game isn't even out yet and when it looked like they were going to fail (which it did) they went 'lol we have a publisher willing to 100% fund it anyway'.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
Now that Metal gear 5 part 2 is out Kojima is finally free and he started in day loving one laying it down what he's doing next.

hint: it involves videogame

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

The Taint Reaper posted:

No Final Fantasy Costume DLC, no buy. :colbert:
Will it makes you feel better if Adam calls someone a son of a submariner?

• Locked thread