Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

I don't remember buying Child of Light but I'm playing it now and it seems like it's Castlevania but with turn-based battles which seems pretty cool.

Also I was following the wrong chat thread this entire time :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

precision posted:

the original ninja gaiden trilogy still stands as probably the best 2D platform/fighting games ever designed. so perfect in every way

Requires a whole lot of your username to get through. I love Nina Gaiden, but I'm very very bad at it.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Caveman Games was the worst NES game I ever played. I literally could not figure out how to play it. No input seemed to work.

I also rented Gyroscope and had the same experience, but it wasn't until adulthood I discovered it was because a certain crucial robot accessory was not included in the rental lol

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

abagofcheetos posted:

caveman games owned. a few of the events were tough as balls (firemaking, dino chase) but holy poo poo wife toss is a god tier event

How do you loving play it??? The only thing I could do was the race and even then I could only get the dinosaur to move by clubbing it, making it jump forward, which was a really slow way to go and caused me to lose every time.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

The Colonel posted:

Arena and Daggerfall have aged pretty terribly, I don't know why anyone would choose to play them over even Morrowind these days.

The worst is the guy who abandoned his reverse-engineered Blood and Dark Forces source port projects to focus on making one for Daggerfall.

Why? Why would anyone do that?

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Sakurazuka posted:

Daggerfall is more like trying to watch a silent movie from 1910.

and also that movie causes you intense physical pain as long as you keep watching it

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

program666 posted:

I live in Brazil

how many sega genesis/megadrive systems and games do you own?

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

FactsAreUseless posted:

The Game Gear game? A friend of mine had that, I don't think it was.

The master system port is Brazil-only

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

I used to see a psychiatrist who kept a snes in his office. He played a lot of mario kart during breaks or when a client flakes at the last minute leaving him with an hour to kill.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Turok owns gently caress you

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

FanaticalMilk posted:

Turok has already had two reboots, one for PS2/GC/Xbox and one for PS3/360.

Never played the ps2/gc/Xbox game but the 360 turok was incredibly bad.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Healbot posted:

Let me assure you it was also very, very bad. So bad.

oh okay

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Sakurazuka posted:

It's almost like there's never been a good Turok game.

mods?

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

The Taint Reaper posted:

So it turns out the real enemy to videogames turned out to be pachinko.

Pachinko is expected to be the place where all dead videogame franchises go. As shown by the recent Valkyrie Profile and Suikoden pachinko machines.

That... That means Castlevania is dead too? :ohdear:

yes because it's been dead since dawn of sorrow

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Kanfy posted:

But Order of Ecclesia was released after DoS and is the superior game?

Oh right! I forgot about OoE. The gameplay loving owns, but I felt like the exploration aspect was kind of lacking.

Heavy Lobster posted:

Portrait of Ruin played pretty well.

PoR was easily the worst of the entire Metroid-inspired lineup IMO

Lurdiak posted:

I don't really think any of the DS games are very good. Not that Harmony of Dissonance was the best game ever, but I think Symphony, Aria and Circle are all quite a few steps above anything on the DS.

I feel like Circle of the Moon doesn't get near enough love. IIRC it's not really highly regarded in the :airquote:community:airquote:, but I certainly liked it better than Harmony and Portrait.

I haven't played it in goddamn years. I need to fire it up again.

Sakurazuka posted:

All of the GBA/DS Castlevania games are good, just to varying degrees.

This is the correct opinion.

Dawn is my favorite but Symphony comes in close second. I was actually so disappointed in Portrait that I traded it in shortly after finishing it. Probably would have done the same with Harmony if I didn't have the HoD/AoS double cart.

Mak0rz fucked around with this message at 12:05 on Aug 28, 2015

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Lurdiak posted:

early GBA games don't sound too good.

I like that it seems the Harmony of Dissonance team's solution to that was to just make chip music reminiscent of the Famicom version of Castlevania 3.

Circle of the Moon's soundtrack is good as hell. All the handheld games throw in a remastered classic track here and there for fanservice. CoM not only had the most of such tracks but I think it was also the only one to use music from Bloodlines and Castlevania 4.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Who?

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Okay I picked up child of light again and finished it. Is the ending supposed to be utter trash or did I miss a secret ending of sorts?

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

I'm going to do what I've always said and vote for Mike from StarTropics in hopes Nintendo revives the franchise like they did for Kid Icarus :colbert:

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

ill be ur friend notch. i need someone to practice my swedish with

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Broseph Brostar posted:

What about that one game that's a bunch of n64 ports

so juiced for this that I might actually buy a 'bone just for it but instead I'll probably bring my n64 across the country because tbh I only really want it for blast corps

but man... blast corps... in H.D.!

• Locked thread