Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I got the Android port of Shadowrun: Dragonfall.

It's okay.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

It clearly wasn't ported with any thought at all given to the platform, but it divides up into chunks in a way that makes it nice for playing on the go

I might try XCOM Enemy Within next.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

exquisite tea posted:

Good graphics by most goon definitions means as poo poo brown and grey as possible with bloom lighting.
Yes, one of the most commonly-criticized aspects of game art design is something that all goons except you, the smart and beautiful exception, love and want to kiss.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Real hurthling! posted:

beat dragons dogma. very fun. probably replay it eventually with different classes maybe try to do more of the post game stuff but the everfall random monster encounter stuff is not really grabbing me now with my boring warrior character.

game's quest flags are so hosed up but in a kind of endearing way even if it does gently caress you over left and right until you know what you're doing and what to watch out for.

started Neir today and it seems really great and refreshingly polished coming off of dd. fun times.
If you're a warrior, you could move into Assassin. You won't be using many of their bow abilities, but a lot of what they do is climbing-based, and the warrior's high strength growth is great for that.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Sloppy Milkshake posted:

I kind of don't like this trailer because it gives away too much story I think. Also i'm stupid enough to unironically enjoy the poo poo of of MGS' story so that matters to me.
That's because the MGS series has a great story.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Great Joe posted:

why the gently caress are people talking about the worst game in here :wtc:
That's funny, I didn't realize people were discussing a new expansion for some game about cars or something, probably Gran Turismo or Gran Turismo 2 or Gran Turismo 3 or Gran Turismo Pocket.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

You never see fanservice in Korean games.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Great Joe posted:

I heartily approve of weird racing games and Grip looks super weird.
It reminds me of Kinetica for the PS2.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Broseph Brostar posted:

Every time I play Hyrule Warriors is dislike it more and more. It's somehow worse than kens rage 2
What's your issue with it?

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Final Fantasy XV, Mario Maker, Metal Gear Solid V, Bloodborne 2, Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island, Dragon Quest 8, and Bubsy 3-D are all being released on the same day.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

In Training posted:

I can think of 13,279 that are dumber.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

But that post is still very dumb.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

theultimo posted:

Not on ps4 , it's all the same sequel poo poo.
Sequels do not have any gameplay. Crash Bandicoot Warped didn't even run if you plugged a controller in the system, it just said NO WAY and Crash waggled his finger at you.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

A Steampunk Gent posted:

America pros:

- Good highbrow TV
- A handful of decent game studios I guess

America cons:

- Literally everything else about the country

*dies from heart attack stuck in gridlock on a 15 lane American freeway chanting USA USA*
There is no gridlock on the freeways, there's no grid. It's a freeway. That's the whole point. You only get gridlock on a grid.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

A Steampunk Gent posted:

I'm not gonna lie, I'm not really an expert on US road systems. I just see pictures from across the atlantic and think to myself 'thank god it wasn't me'
You must have good eyesight, I can barely see pictures from across the street.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

corn in the bible posted:

sonic blast was exclusive to brazil
The Game Gear game? A friend of mine had that, I don't think it was.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Mak0rz posted:

The master system port is Brazil-only
Oh, huh. Weird.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Tony Hawk Pro Skater 3 is the third game in the Tony Hawk Pro Skater series.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Ekster posted:

Is that a Sikh killing Muslims?

Interesting.
Those are clearly white men wearing scarves, so it's obviously an attempt by the CIA to destabilize the region.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

The Taint Reaper posted:

They announced that Borderlands will no longer have awful random drop rates.
They already patched BL2. It's helped a bit. Not a ton, but I definitely saw more oranges just in a normal mode playthrough than in two other characters.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

StashAugustine posted:

i won't be happy until we get a kotor ii movie
It'll go massively over budget and lose the last 20 minutes of the film.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Lurdiak posted:

Can you fan patch a movie?
Yes.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

numerrik posted:

So can I sue GameStop for false advertising for selling a used console as new? I got a play station TV yesterday, and as I went to link my account today the system is already showing a link to a different account and won't let me sign in with a different account.
No, but GameStop corporate won't like it if one of their franchises is doing that, I'd send some emails and make some phone calls, you can probably get a refund.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

The Taint Reaper posted:

No Final Fantasy Costume DLC, no buy. :colbert:
Will it makes you feel better if Adam calls someone a son of a submariner?

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Barrett: The planet's dyin', Adam.

Adam: Yeah, rip.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Raijin: Don't believe me? It's all in the numbers. Number one...

Fujin: THAT'S. TERROR.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Adam Bowen posted:

I made a game where the object is to never play it and if you try to it deletes your hard drive
http://www.stfj.net/art/2009/loselose/

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Lose/Lose is a video-game with real life consequences. Each alien in the game is created based on a random file on the players computer. If the player kills the alien, the file it is based on is deleted. If the players ship is destroyed, the application itself is deleted.

Although touching aliens will cause the player to lose the game, and killing aliens awards points, the aliens will never actually fire at the player. This calls into question the player's mission, which is never explicitly stated, only hinted at through classic game mechanics. Is the player supposed to be an aggressor? Or merely an observer, traversing through a dangerous land?

Why do we assume that because we are given a weapon an awarded for using it, that doing so is right?

By way of exploring what it means to kill in a video-game, Lose/Lose broaches bigger questions. As technology grows, our understanding of it diminishes, yet, at the same time, it becomes increasingly important in our lives. At what point does our virtual data become as important to us as physical possessions? If we have reached that point already, what real objects do we value less than our data? What implications does trusting something so important to something we understand so poorly have?

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Half-Life is a game with full life consequences.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Instant Sunrise posted:

this is a ripoff of myth ii's uninstaller
Which, in turn, is a cheap copy of that time Alan Turing got really drunk and ran through the facility waving a magnet around.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

"Alan, you've destroyed a year's worth of work!" "Nooooo, I was, I was, I was mainframed! Hahahahhahahaha."

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

"Dammit, Alan, we're going to have to chemically castrate you for this one!" "You'll have to catch me first, hoo-hoo!" "Tuuuuuriiiiiing!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Please help to fund production of the new hip-hop album by me, Hideous K.

• Locked thread