Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Yes, they're all very good, Ys 1+2 Chronicle is very old school though and retains the original games weird 'walk into enemies to attack them' thing, which works better than it sounds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

precision posted:

i'm considering buying Atelier Ayesha Plus bc i hear those are cute and good JRPGs

Yes

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

FF14 is good but it's still just Final Fantasy skinned WoW and will eventually follow its fate, and probably a lot quicker.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

FactsAreUseless posted:

You never see fanservice in Korean games.

If Koreans didn't invent sexy dark-elf girls they certainly refined them.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I knew it was a joke I was just making a general statement.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

:livintrope:

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

bird go

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

theultimo posted:

Only play games with Cheevos.

Luckily MMO's have those now too.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

In Training posted:

Are there even games that don't have them?

Nintendo games.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

program666 posted:

this word in that whole context, just thinking about it is making my nose bleed brain

Not enough, apparently

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Yes, it gives off purple steam and is occasionally pixilated too.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Real hurthling! posted:

anybody know if tales of zestria has random battles? i'm about 75% of the way through hearts r now and its is kinda wearing outs its welcome for me with the frequency of boring fights but i kinda like it and would be willing to try zestria on ps4 this fall if its less annoying.

No they're all on the map like most Tales games. Apparently the camera is kind of iffy because there's no cutaway to a separate battle screen, you just fight them where they are and it's the first time Bamco has tried that.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

No idea but that's been true of pretty much every Tales game, at least on the default difficulty, so I wouldn't put any money on it changing.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Nasgate posted:

PC gaming is hella cheap. Can build a good gaming rig for about as much as consoles these days. And all games are always on ridiculous sales on steam or bundle stores.

And you can sell your cards to buy more games, so with PC gaming you can literally pay for games by playing games.

The only reason to bother with PC gaming is so you can run everything at 4K 120FPS with everything turned up to max and you're not gonna get that from £350 worth of bits.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Oh and so you can mod anime tits into Fallout, forgot about that.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Junpei Hyde posted:

Isn't Fallout 4 gonna support mods on console?

'Some' mods and who knows how it'll work.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Stux parachute account spotted

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I swore off Kickstarting stuff but I need a new Rollcage......

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

There's some dumb stuff it HW but none of it is as bad as literally the worst Warriors game ever Ken's Rage 2.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

The Taint Reaper posted:

Strange Xbox One has way more N64 games on it's system than 5.

Shame they're all Rare games.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I sold my copy of Xenoblade Chronicles and bought a digital copy of Xenoblade Chronicles with the money.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

hubris.height posted:

this would be a good idea, but its hard to trust nintendo's current account system. if my wii u dies, i don't want to lose my game

Eh, from what I've heard it's a pretty simple process to gets stuff transferred, it's still dumb that you have to phone Nintendo to do it at all, but it's better than digital software being tied straight to hardware like the Wii.

Sakurazuka fucked around with this message at 14:03 on Aug 20, 2015

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I usually gets discs because it's still cheaper here, but sometime soon my game collection is going to start spilling out into the street and so I buy digital when stuff is on sale.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

My storage solution is throwing them all over the floor like a filthy animal.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

In Training posted:

I can think of 13,279 that are dumber.

lol

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Final Fantasy X-2 is a sequel.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

when two trolls go to war

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

It's okay, Big Boss will save us soon

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

winners don't do drugs

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

NES games were usually programmed by like three people, only one of which had any idea what they were doing.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I have the collectors edition of this ordered, the only one I ever have or will buy.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Adam Bowen posted:

Why would anyone watch all those stupid old movies with bad graphics from the 1970s just watch the avengers instead loving idiots

Daggerfall is more like trying to watch a silent movie from 1910.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Adam Bowen posted:

That analogy might work if we were talking about one of the first games for the Intellivision or something, not so much for a massive and complicated game that's only 20 years old.

Intellivision games are those drums with horses cut out of that you spin round a light.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Procedural generation is boring as gently caress and can't hold a candle to hand crafted stuff.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Certainly StarFox for $60

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

TheScott2K posted:

America is the greatest country on Earth.

for me to poop on

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

exquisite tea posted:

Daikatana turned 15 years old last month. :cawg:

Devil's Third is this years Daikatana

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

precision posted:

:agreed:

Where's my gritty Turok reboot god drat it

You had one on the 360 like 5 years ago.

Ugh, maybe it was more....

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

It's almost like there's never been a good Turok game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Because you're posting them.

• Locked thread