Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Humboldt Squid
Jan 21, 2006

The theme this month is robots! Here's some cool looking robots

http://zerojs.deviantart.com/art/Invasion-549253321

http://benmauro.deviantart.com/art/Cambodia-2080-425046540

http://kymg.deviantart.com/art/Donyatsu-shiranui-353583570

http://bluefley.deviantart.com/art/J-o-u-r-n-e-y-514577175

http://duster132.deviantart.com/art/Floating-dude-519741137

http://loone-wolf.deviantart.com/art/P-R-HA-511836906

http://nerd-scribbles.deviantart.com/art/Terrarium-Bots-452569049

http://fightpunch.tumblr.com/

Humboldt Squid fucked around with this message at 12:50 on Aug 1, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe
How did you know!

Pretty stoked about this one.

smallmouth
Oct 1, 2009

Did some sketching in the studio today. I've been taken with working on profiles lately. Pretend this is a robot.

Sharpest Crayon
Jul 16, 2009

Always Wag. Always Friend. Very Safety.
Clapping Larry
I'm loving terrified of the theme, so obviously I couldn't wait to attack it.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

My shapeshifter is made of nanites but I'm not sure that counts. This is his people face.

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe
That's a nice people face.
That's a nice people face.

neonnoodle
Mar 20, 2008

by exmarx
A fire hydrant is a robot, right?

Operation Juicebox
Jun 26, 2006

Acnamino MR 100mg Capsules
Dragon ladies also count as robots.

Otner
Dec 28, 2011

by Hand Knit
Buglord
Snake has lots of nanomachines in him. Robots.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Sharpest Crayon
Jul 16, 2009

Clapping Larry
All those angled faces make for good androids.
I wanted to draw a cool dome with the head but I thought "Why would an android even need a spacesuit.. oh wait maybe it's the head in a jar! Wait, why would you need to put an android head in a jar though.. mayyybe because science?"

smallmouth
Oct 1, 2009

Self portrait from memory and vector.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

irc commanded I draw a fat pug, so here we are.

Pretend it's a robot dog.

holttho
May 21, 2007

I broke out my oil paints after over a year gathering dust for an evening of painting. It needs a bit touching up with a few passes of the knife, but I'm too lazy these days.

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

If it wasn't for disappointment
I wouldn't have any appointment

Grimey Drawer

holttho posted:

I broke out my oil paints after over a year gathering dust for an evening of painting. It needs a bit touching up with a few passes of the knife, but I'm too lazy these days.

I really like the color palette you used for this.

dupersaurus
Aug 1, 2012

Futurism was an art movement where dudes were all 'CARS ARE COOL AND THE PAST IS FOR CHUMPS. LET'S DRAW SOME CARS.'
Haven't doodled in a long long while. Robots seemed like a good time to change that.

Sharpest Crayon
Jul 16, 2009

Clapping Larry
Robunny! Now with extra artificial flesh!

Operation Juicebox
Jun 26, 2006

Nerdy fan art also counts as robots.

Maybe I'll do an actual robot tomorrow.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

Sharpest Crayon posted:

Robunny! Now with extra artificial flesh!

I like him. Cute and slightly worrisome, with the flesh and all.

Humboldt Squid
Jan 21, 2006

Lemon
May 22, 2003

r r robts

Sharpest Crayon
Jul 16, 2009

Clapping Larry
I started with one of those deepsea creatures and ended up with giant puppy bot.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

This one is on a big canvas and I have some background ideas, dragging my feet on it.

Cyborg clone, not a robot. Maybe that counts...

E: added background because I'm not a animal.

Scathach fucked around with this message at 05:03 on Aug 6, 2015

Operation Juicebox
Jun 26, 2006

Definitely a robot.

Sharpest Crayon
Jul 16, 2009

Clapping Larry

Scathach posted:

Cyborgs SOOOO count. For example:

Totally a robot.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

^^^I like your colors.

sigma 6
Nov 27, 2004

the mirror would do well to reflect further

Scathach posted:

This one is on a big canvas and I have some background ideas, dragging my feet on it.

E: added background because I'm not a animal.

Very cyberpunk. Very cool.

Here is some more figure drawing.

smallmouth
Oct 1, 2009

Sharpest Crayon
Jul 16, 2009

Clapping Larry

This is so cute argh it's killing me I'm going to have a real person emotion.

Please tell me this profile dude was British, it will complete me. (Also lol clubdong yesss)

I was gonna do another cyborg faun in cyberspace being a cyberterrorist because cyber is a great word.

Anything with cyber in it is a robot.

sigma 6
Nov 27, 2004

Actually the "British" guy was out of my head. Guess I should have specified that.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

sigma 6 posted:

Very cyberpunk. Very cool.

Thanks! Cyberpunk stuff is my fav.

I clearly have way too much free time on my hands right now.

Scathach fucked around with this message at 08:28 on Aug 8, 2015

GreatJob
Jul 6, 2008

You did a Great Job™!
Questing Beast for @Sketch_Dailies on Twitter...Trying to get into color sketches in PhotoShop using reference.

sigma 6
Nov 27, 2004

Bartender took my unfinished drink and the sketch I was working on, when I went out to take a phone call. Fucker.

Sharpest Crayon
Jul 16, 2009

Clapping Larry
I tried to make this look like one of those sweet woodcuts.

ShimmyGuy
Jan 12, 2008

One morning, Shimmy awoke to find he was a awesome shiny bug.
You can tell they are all robots from their soulless eyes.

Entenzahn
Nov 15, 2012

erm... quack-ward
Did any of you ever encounter problems when drawing with new glasses? My prescription has changed slightly and it's the first time I've also got one for my right eye. I've had the glasses for a week now and while it's gotten better, I think there's still some slight distortion. I'm not always sure, but some objects that I assume to be straight appear slightly slanted or curved, and large, long objects like trees or lamp posts seem to be leaning away from me.

I'm not sure if I'm just imagining this or if I'm still adjusting, or if my glasses will permanently distort things from now on. I don't trust my eyes anymore and that's put kind of a damper on my motivation to draw. I'd like to know if anyone else has experienced this. I'll probably go back to the optometrist tomorrow and have them recheck my prescription.

An Ounce of Gold
Jul 13, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Entenzahn posted:

Glasses...

Yep, you probably have a slight astigmatism. Every time I switch from my contacts to glasses back and forth (if I've been only wearing one for a prolonged period) I get a similar effect. The lens IS bending light. Your brain should get used to it within a couple of weeks.

I assume your brain is still trying to make sense of non focused points of light but it's now getting a single focused point of light and needs a slight adjustment period. Honestly I've put on my contacts after months of glasses and sidestepped off of a curb because I thought the ground was closer!

Just give it a bit of time and try not to get too frustrated. If it continues longer than say three weeks you may want to get a prescription done by a second doctor just in case they were slightly off. Don't worry, you're normal! Everything is fine!

On topic, I did robits at work:

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

An Ounce of Gold fucked around with this message at 04:22 on Aug 11, 2015

Fake Name
Mar 6, 2009

"Han Solo, ha. If I'm around, you don't need that guy."
So I've followed the various versions of this thread on and off for quite a while now and have finally decided that I'd quite like to be able to draw poo poo, so I best start trying to draw. Here's my current page of doodles that I did this evening. I've not been taught a single thing about art so I don't think I'm too rubbish as an absolute beginner, if people have any advice on a decent book to buy or website to check out it would be appreciated though - the OP to the teach yourself art thread is pretty out of date...

(I drew a robot thing so it's topical)

smallmouth
Oct 1, 2009

Sketch of Jianbin Chen as Cao Cao. Unfortunately my Intuos4 is failing and randomly registers every third stroke. :negative:

Sharpest Crayon
Jul 16, 2009

Clapping Larry
It was gonna be a warriorbot but you know how teaching can get nowadays.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Humboldt Squid
Jan 21, 2006

Pterosaur Ptuesday Rhamphorhynchus

Trying out the "lazy Nezumi" PS plugin, pretty neat so far!
Also #addlaserstopaleoart is a thing now

• Locked thread