Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Ys Celceta is a good use of your vita if you bought one expecting actual games

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

who's excited for Bravely Second

Yeah!

mysterious loyall X posted:

the first game was trash

The second supposed to fix the biggest gently caress up they made in the first one which by (bravely) default makes it good

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

01011001 posted:

i really wanted to like it a whole bunch, but, i didnt

Second you mean? How come

Skeezy posted:

The gently caress up being what

It's technically a spoiler but anyone considering Bravely Default should know because it's really a big fuckup

At some point during the game you jump into a parallel universe and to escape you have to fight 4 bosses that are tougher versions of early ones (Ch 5)
Doing this puts you into another parallel universe where you have to fight the same 4 bosses (Ch 6)
Doing this puts you into ANOTHER parallel universe where you have to fight the same 4 bosses (Ch 7)
Doing this puts you into ANOTHER ANOTHER parallel universe and you figure out how to break the cycle(Ch8)

They could've skipped 2 of the chapters and got the point across

Also worth mentioning that you can actually "quit" at any point and get an ending but it's the bad ending

It's really clear that they ran out of time/money/whatever

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

starbarry clock posted:

contact is a cool ds game give it a shot

Contact was extremely cool as a thing and also not that great as a game
It was really grindy for some reason. Like, go hit 100 things with a sword to get a new sword skill grindy

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

I don't think they skipped a generation as much as there are probably not going to be good console JRPGs anymore :/

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

I was excited for xenoblade chronicles x but I watched some of the gameplay stream from E3 and uh it looks kind of boring :/

In Training posted:

FFXV, DQ11 and Persona 5, and the generation is just starting.

I'm excited for those games and hope they are good, at which point we can wait until 2022 for Persona 6.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Stravinsky posted:

i hope they do another smt spin off like devil summoners, digital devil saga, or raidou before doing another persona again

SMT 5 not on a system that needs to use sprites

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

i will have to bite the bullet and buy used at some point. my local retro gamerstore has my number for when a copy shows up, if ever.

I have rogue Galaxy if you wanna pick it up from Kuwait

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

PleasingFungus posted:

People talking about Monster Rancher reminded me that Song Summoner existed. The wikipedia article for it is very good.

lmao

But SE made loads of money on mobile and will continue to anyway, I paid money for FF5 on my phone ;/

hubris.height posted:

i should try to phoenix wright games, i hear about them all the time. is there a specific one that should be played as a test, or just in release order?

Play the first one, the others all sort of assume you did. The first trilogy is the best anyway imo

• Locked thread