Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gay for gacha
Dec 22, 2006

Did anyone record it! I wish I could have seen that !

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gay for gacha
Dec 22, 2006

Can I petition to get a GM to port me out of PLane of fear?

gay for gacha
Dec 22, 2006

a real jerk posted:

what times do you play? I'll get naked on my wizard

also I'll try to port you out!

I'm on red :|

gay for gacha
Dec 22, 2006

a real jerk posted:

Yep. Red wizard. Spectres might eat me alive at 49 though, haven't got IVU.

You could always scumbag CR - let corpse rot and petition it; staff will put the geared corpse in EC at the WFP zoneline.

I could do that, I don't want to make you lose EXP. What is your IGN and what times do you play? I haven't even logged in since I got stuck in fear.

gay for gacha
Dec 22, 2006

Red bros:
I think my guild thinks I am some sort of spy or something, I got on TS the other day and they were like " You spend time playing on your empire main", and then last night they would not give me the info for the Growth raid. I could leave, but I don't know where to. I am still level 46, and Empire wont take me till 60, all the drama on the forums let me think Friends won't actually let me raid or gear up, I don't know anything about Casual Scum.

I liked being in TD because I could usually find an EXP group, I don't want to stay if they are being this petty for no reason. What do.

gay for gacha
Dec 22, 2006

Athropos posted:

Hell yeah made it to 24 as my bard just grouping it up. Pretty scared of learning to swarm kite though. So far I am enjoying the grouping experien ce more than soloing. Mistmoore is great exp but unless I can join a pond group I might as well just not play at all since nothing soloable is nearby. What are some good other spots a mid 20s caracter can do thats not MM or Unrest?

You should practice swarming in Steamfont or something since it is close, while you wait. A good bard can do like 30-46 in a few hours of OT swarming, and 40-50 in a few hours of DL swarming. Which means you could bring some idiots along and get rich.

gay for gacha
Dec 22, 2006

Red rules.

I get two weeks off of work in a week, so I am probably going to push for 60 to join Empire.

gay for gacha
Dec 22, 2006

Equality posted:

RE: red talk

Got my monk almost to 42 and I would love to get in on some swarming in OT if ever possible especially to power through 45. I'm looking for some haste like a SCHW or FBSS and a nice 2HB if anyone has something in the bank to sell I'd be a happy camper! Pillo in game

if we schedule a swarm session, I would love to join. It would have to be scheduled though, because work is on blast right now so I can't just log on and wait :smith:

gay for gacha
Dec 22, 2006

FknMeh posted:

Anyone recommend a custom UI to use? Not quite sure how I made it this way with plain old school.

I think most people use Duxa? It's on the forums, I use it because it has more hot bars.

gay for gacha
Dec 22, 2006

Mustang posted:

Whats a good class to always be wanted in a group then? Bard and Enchanter seemed cool, played a druid way back in the day during PoP and raided a bit with him. Only thing I didn't like about cloth casters was I thought a lot of the robes looked pretty dumb, though to be fair there were a few really cool looking ones.

aside from the obvious Cleric, Shaman, Tank Class. I really like it when good rogues are in my group.

gay for gacha
Dec 22, 2006

Tashan Dorrsett posted:

Only banned for a week ;-)

Powerlevel me to 60!.

gay for gacha
Dec 22, 2006

hayden. posted:

If Barhoom is on 24 7 isn't the account owner almost certainly dual boxing?

Nah it might just be the person who gets the data for the auctions site.

gay for gacha
Dec 22, 2006

Tashan Dorrsett posted:

Empire disbanded after waking the sleeper, we wanted to end on a high note instead of fizzling out. All existing characters are gonna be detagged in a couple weeks etc.

I'm not joining tempest, just gonna do my own thing and go back to helping new players until another guild worth my time comes around.

Do you think Red will die? EQpvp server has had about 100 people on at all times. Red has had like 120 or so. Is this my chance to finally be a part of something in red or am I just wasting my time? My warrior is still 47

gay for gacha
Dec 22, 2006

Tashan Dorrsett posted:

If I'm on tonight I'd be down to PL your ench

It's a tough call.
EQpvp allows boxing, so population numbers are inflated. And like all the other devnoob boxes in the past, they come and go in a matter of months.
Red server is starved of its main source of new players (blue server xfers) and I don't think Empire farming warders is going to make a bit of difference in that regard. Only 1 raiding guild remains on the server, and half of their leadership are bitter day 1 red player hypernerds who spent the past year griefing new players off the box because they were bitter about losing Velious & being rejected from empire. I'll eat my hat when players like Sickpuppy, Tune, and Ragnaros start doing anything to positively impact the population of the server. It kinda says a lot when a guild gives officer to a player who has like 8 characters perma banned for training new players.
There may be enough players out there who still want to raid, but won't play with Tempest, and another guild may pop up in the next couple of weeks. I wouldn't hold my breath, but I wouldn't consider the server dead quite yet either. Give it some time for the dust to settle.
Whether red becomes a 1 or 2 guild server, people are going to keep playing on it. Will be a very long time before you see another guild clearing NTOV. For players who want to experience EQ Velious raid progression who don't mind going back & doing kunark content, this is going to be a golden era. Don't have your epics yet? Now's your chance. For established geared players and ex-empire, yeah red server won't be killing anything relevant to you for months to come. I'll put a bullet in my brain before I spend another second of my life farming Plane of Growth trash.
Either way, whatever happens to red the server's going to need Warriors. Willing to bet almost every geared tank just retired last night.

can you get them to toss me a fungi tunic? That way I can start soloing? Ever since TD thought I was a spy I haven't been able to get groups or ports and its starting to get boring.
Or do they want to help me with my epic lol

gay for gacha fucked around with this message at 13:55 on Apr 1, 2016

gay for gacha
Dec 22, 2006

I Love You! posted:

Honestly one of the biggest problems with red server (outside of everything Anime mentioned) is the huge apathy backlash that the Discord troll caused. A lot of semi-serious but non-raiding players were holding out for discord and were sticking around on Red mainly to have something to do until then. With the dawning realization that discord was never going to happen and the devs didn't even give enough of a poo poo to say anything about it to the playerbase (literally nothing) a ton of us just stopped caring at all.

Red is a lot more casual IMO. Which is one of the big pluses. I have been playing on Red since November, and I feel like when I log on I can get into something and make progress. At my levels I get 2% per kill in CoM in a duo group. If no one is online to group, or there are groups already, I log in and try to pvp and get rekt ( I don't have good gear), but it is pretty fun. It's interesting but all the drama that gets complaints on red I have never experienced, except when I tried to join <friends> because my own guild found out and thought I was a spy, or something.

My biggest complaint about red is the population. Since so many blue players are too scared to come on red, or get bullied right out, there is very few opportunities to pvp if you are in a guild. If you are Thunderdome, you get almost no pvp throughout 1-50, if you are not in any guild, you get a lot of pvp but little groups.

gay for gacha fucked around with this message at 14:09 on Apr 1, 2016

gay for gacha
Dec 22, 2006

Left Thunderdome, now joining Tempest. Maybe I can finally start tanking big dragons and getting gear. Also it feels weird, but I am really stoked to kill all those thunderdome people who were a pain to group with over the last few months.

gay for gacha
Dec 22, 2006

Sorry for the E/N, feel free to not read it.

Do you guys ever have problems putting EQ down for a weeks at a time? Maybe I am in the minority, but I really love Everquest, I often dream about it. So when life gets in the way, and I have to put it down for a few weeks at a time, I always have this feeling that I am missing out on something huge. I know that this is a 17 year old game, and I happen to play on the server with a hundred people on it, but there is this always a lingering feeling that I should be playing--when I am not playing. I have been thinking about deleting my characters on P99, but between blue and red there are so many hours I have spent farming pixels and making friends.

gay for gacha
Dec 22, 2006

Tashan Dorrsett posted:

Definitely, we don't have a bard yet! I'm Anime in game, or you can contact Andis/Squats/Saibor for an invite!

We are named <Dominion> and nothing is really decided or official yet. But I will say we have been throwing around some really unique ideas the server's never seen before, if we end up going with them. Most of us are US timezone players ranging from sicko isomniacs to filthy casuals.

If I join will you let me tank things and only play on the weekends?

gay for gacha
Dec 22, 2006

I have an Erudite enchanter on Blue, and I wish so badly I was a D.Elf for Hide

gay for gacha
Dec 22, 2006

Rlazgoth posted:

I ended up pushing forward with my Enchanter after confirming that the deity deal is way exaggerated (it only makes you KOS with very specific factions such as SK guilds and such).

What's a good place to hunt at 12? I've tried CB and LFay but apparently camping low level zones with high level characters is a thing in this server. I actually got kicked out of the sisters camp in LFay a couple nights ago by a 50 something enchanter who went to the trouble of training and rooting red con mobs on me to get me killed. He then took over the camp and stayed there for a couple hours farming level 10 mobs for no xp and those sweet Bronze weapons :shrug:

That was maybe me, and I am very sorry. I was having a bad night, and I just wanted some platinum, and don't usually play on blue. So I logged on and listened to music after killing you ( I think it was you)

gay for gacha
Dec 22, 2006

Quite A Tool posted:

Yeah I was a little bummed the other night when with a server pop of maybe 70 people someone had to come ruin my fun in MM with a SK twink. It's the nature of the server, hiwever I still enjoy not having everything in the history of the game camped and the XP bonus is still tits.

I've been stuck in CoM on red for about two months now. Since I'm guildless I can't get a port out, and because of the population, if I log on and no one is in CoM, and I can't start a group I usually log off. Still, when I do get a chance to find people on, if it is a full group, I try to scout the tank being low on health, and snipe him by running up and warrior disarm, slam and hope they die. Which is fun enough for me to not log into blue. I usually play Blue, when I have absolutely nothing to do, and I log on my enchanter and kill noobs at sisters camp who are afk.

gay for gacha
Dec 22, 2006

aparmenideanmonad posted:

For everyone with nothing better to do this weekend!

What a good day to play on Red.

gay for gacha
Dec 22, 2006

Tashan Dorrsett posted:

Anyone around level 50-59 on red? I don't really play anymore, but I wouldn't mind helping anyone make it to 60 by smashing things with my primal rogue from out of group, so long as you have a tank that can keep aggro off me.

Jesus christ yes please. I'm 49 and can tank everything if you smash things for me. I've been dying to get to 60 in this bad game for the better part of this year. No one groups in CoM anymore though, so I usually get bored and log off. When are you going to be online?

gay for gacha fucked around with this message at 22:18 on Jun 14, 2016

gay for gacha
Dec 22, 2006

I Love You! posted:

Hey guys,

Discord server was just enabled over at eqpvp.com and their Legacy of Zek server. I know at least some of my old Red crew were interested in this and I'm sure there are more people in the woodwork that were waiting around for the Project99 Discord server that never got finished.

Here's what I've confirmed so far about the eqpvp Discord:

- Server has been wiped
- Permadeath in PvP (not PvE at the moment, though if players want they'd be willing to change this)
- Full itemloot on corpses
- No Drop code disabled
- FFA
- 5 Level Range
- No guard buffs/town capturing
- PvP points only thing kept on death (if you're familiar with the point system from Zek)
- Anyone can loot corpses
- Faster than normal XP (same as before for this server)
- Same ruleset otherwise as Zek at end of Season 1

I'm working with the devs to iron out a few kinks but these things all appear to be working. The server was just reset TODAY so if you're interested, now is the time to start up!

This just went live today with no real announcement so people haven't realized it exists yet, hopefully that changes :P

I'm jumping in on this when I get home.

gay for gacha
Dec 22, 2006

Myrddin_Emrys posted:

I am thinking of bringing my 48 bard named Toccata and my 45 necro Unfetereds out of retirement on red. Is my old guild Thunderdome still active? Also do Teg and Alharra still post here?

Ginette Reno posted:

Thunderdome is still active. I just joined them actually. Got a 42 bard (Johncougar) and 48 shaman (Forrest). I don't know what if any other goons are playing still on red.

I'm on Red. I play very casually (which is the niche I think Red fills), but I am still on at least twice a week. Lot's of cool stuff going on in the box, lot of pvp lately.

gay for gacha
Dec 22, 2006

KingFisher posted:

Dream server

I made a server a few weekends ago. My idea was to make a game I could play with my non-eq loving friends that would allow us in a group of 5 to do some of the better raids in the game. I made it so that they log on, make a character are boosted to max, and click off gear to buy from a merchant. It was a really fun night of playing through some of the zones.

It wasn't worth the amount of work that it took. I sat around in the EQemu discord channel for a little while and the forums before I started. Apperently the skill set to dev an eq server is so specialized--not just the mysql and quest scripting--but interacting with the client that people can't pay others to do it for them. There was a thread in the SoD forum where I saw people willing to pay someone to finish some aspect of their game, and no one would know how to interact with their databases without months of toying around with trivial things.

that was my experience, maybe others could share some stuff. It's pretty easy to just ahve a server and run some eq commands, so if you wanna dick around it would be cool but even the empty no-pop servers on the green list of the emu took so much work to get to that point.

gay for gacha
Dec 22, 2006

Have Some Flowers! posted:

Just as a heads up, Season 2 of the Zek PVP server is about to start this Friday (http://www.eqpvp.com/index.php/topic,3698.0.html).

If you didn't hear about it or play in Season 1, it's a server with classic classes and mostly classic content. Unlike classic, there are many changes to improve quality of life and to encourage more meaningful and balanced PvP.

I had a lot of fun on it last season with some folks from Red 99. If anyone wants to mess around on this one for a few weeks, I'll be probably rolling as a Druid, Shaman or Cleric with a boxed Enchanter (server allows for one box).

I think casters will still be strongest early on, but improvements to pure melees and healers look good for later in the season.

I'll be back again. Probably a rogue or an Sk this time around.

gay for gacha
Dec 22, 2006

I logged into Red for the first time in three months; it seems more lively. I wish there was more incentive for people to join Red.

Pilsner posted:

I solo'd a Monk from 1-50 untwinked (quite a challenge), and had rather free access to decent XP grind camps.

How long did this take? Can you outline this?

gay for gacha
Dec 22, 2006

I have been toying around with the idea of soloing a rogue or necro on red. My main is a super under geared warrior parked at 51 because i'm in KC, and don't have friends to port me around. I usually log in see if there is a group, and if there is play if not log off.

gay for gacha
Dec 22, 2006

Hey banksy it's me Grep! I have been wanting to play on red for a few weeks now, but last time I was on, someone in TD accused me of being in some other guild Gkicked me and killed me, so I logged out and never joined again. If you ever want to play together though let me know, Grep is 54, but I have always wanted to play a Rogue, so I wouldn't mind rolling.

gay for gacha
Dec 22, 2006

cmdrk posted:

i'm so bad at hell levels. been stuck at 40 on Haughty for like 2 weeks now. sigh. I'm gonna murder every last goddamn yeti in DL, though.

I was on red and actually got power leveled from 40-46 because my guild needed to raid plane of fear that night. It took all of 2 hours :coolfish:

gay for gacha
Dec 22, 2006

Can someone tell me what was so special about what the P99 dudes did with P99? I mean in terms of programming, not nostalgia. They took their own DB maybe the PEQ one and slimmed it down using archives of old EverQuest patch notes, and then what is the anti-boxing thing? The spell files, etc. Does anyone know? I had this idea to spin up a real quick pvp server to pal around with some of my bros on Red and IRL, and while I have no problem setting up the server, and editing the database, it would be nice to know some more stuff.

gay for gacha
Dec 22, 2006

Thanks guys! I've spent some time volunteering on a pretty popular not p99 eqemu server, mostly quest scripting and converting things from perl to lua--but that's the only thing I know how to work, and it's about as simple as it sounds. I have about 100 dollars a month for the next 5 years worth of credits to a large server hosting company, so I may just attempt to set it up and treat it like restoring an old car.

gay for gacha
Dec 22, 2006

xZAOx posted:

Did they finish all the late-Velious zone revamps yet?

And I think they've thrown around ideas, just nothing has been decided:

-Leave Blue locked forever
-Start a Green server now that all the work is done. They said they've implemented things so they can "turn on" patches when they want. So they could recreate the the launch through Velious end on a normal timeline, instead of the highly protracted one of Blue.
-Copy Blue onto a new server and start making custom content.

I suspect the Green server will happen at some point.

I heard they made a deal with daybreak: they gave them anti-box code that they used on Phinigel, and promised not to release more servers in exchange for being left alone. I am not sure where I heard that, but I want to say I heard it on Eqemu discord.

gay for gacha
Dec 22, 2006

Breidr posted:

I am actually kind of interested in this. I don't know how this thread slipped past me in the beginning. I'm kind of in an MMO rut and have been trying a lot of games lately.

I was going to try the new progression server, but that would require me to give DBG money. I never played classic EQ. I did play EQOA on PS2. Had no idea about class and group dynamics back then and was probably secretly hated by party members.

By the time EQ Mac came out [yeah, I know, Mac gaming] we had our own dead server that I almost never played on. WoW came out and the rest is history.

Any advice for an idiot who has no idea what he's doing? Recommended classes or anything at all really.

You have nothing to lose by just logging in and playing. Make whatever class you want, kill things, ask for help, and have a good time. P99, imo, is timeless fun. My issue with the game is that I forget that it's a game, and I start trying to schedule my life around the game so that I can maximize my involvement in the game. Normally after taking a deep breath and a month break I remember it's a game and that it's a very fun one.

gay for gacha
Dec 22, 2006

I'm sort of back on Red. I rolled a necro, my warrior is stuck in CoM at 51 with no food or friends. Anyone still play on the best server?

gay for gacha
Dec 22, 2006

Anyone still on red?

gay for gacha
Dec 22, 2006

Do you play?

gay for gacha
Dec 22, 2006

lemonslol posted:

Anyone still on red?

Nevermind I got killed in Karnors and I know I'll never get back to my corpse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gay for gacha
Dec 22, 2006

Groovelord Neato posted:

i got to 9 but nobody levels in the old stomping grounds. i was gonna do ec > north ro > oasis. and ks played way too much so he outleveled me super fast. my guy's in north ro.

I'll play with you. I don't mind doing that route.