Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FranktheBank
May 14, 2007
In the beginning...the universe was created. his has been widely regarded as a bad move and has made a lot of people very angry.

Erdricks posted:

I just started in Red as a high elf enchanter. Delivering mail while watching netflix :toot:

I rolled a cleric to play with this goon.

Thank you Lahara for recommending a team up from a random stranger.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FranktheBank
May 14, 2007
In the beginning...the universe was created. his has been widely regarded as a bad move and has made a lot of people very angry.

Erdricks posted:

If anyone else wants to roll with us on red, our plan is to play evenings (9pm+) EST.

I just hit 11 from belts, ill wait for you. Also, I get bind at 14.

Thunderdome is alright by me, one of their officers PL'd a bunch of us in CB. All we had to do was run to him and got thorns/chloro/sln/sow

FranktheBank
May 14, 2007

Myrddin_Emrys posted:

I did some pling in CB last night too. I just pulled the zone, sang my debuff song and let the TD lowbies bash away at the mobs. Got them Crush and Dvinn too. Was a real fun night.

I literally went back to back to back to back PL sessions, then got a group in Unrest. My cleric is camped at 16, waiting for my goon friend to catch up.

I kinda want to start another character (mostly because the PLs). I have a small desire to revisit my main from back then, a monk. But I would probably go human so I can do the sash/headband quests for fun and the PLs seem to be rampant in CB area, while FoB, not so much. I have a paladin I deserted on blue, I might try that on red, despite the penalty.

FranktheBank
May 14, 2007
Had my first PK death today. Logged in, swapped spells to buffs and summon drink/food/hammer, was in the process of swapping spells back when... "You are ensnared." I need an alt to play. Probably going Iksar SK or Necro... Maybe Shaman. Altaholic at its finest lol.

FranktheBank
May 14, 2007
Thunderdome has been cool. Lots of grouping chances, lots of random PLing. Just have to be kinda covert with where you are grouping, because twinks apparently have spies in the guild.

FranktheBank
May 14, 2007
How useful is Jaundiced set for SHM? I want to try a shaman, but I prefer Iksar to pretty much every other race due to regen and starting area. Iksar cannot wear the armor, I wonder if I am gonna miss out?

FranktheBank
May 14, 2007

Erdricks posted:

I have also played with a lot of melee lately, which seems to benefit much much more from quickness.

Also, they get angry if you don't, lol.

FranktheBank
May 14, 2007

Ashenden posted:

E: Looks like you still can't walk in to KC without the zoneline PvP guards.

So these guards only let their guild group in KC?

FranktheBank
May 14, 2007
When the hybrid penalty goes away, does the warrior and rogue xp bonus go away?

FranktheBank
May 14, 2007

I Love You! posted:

I used to run the goon guild on p99 but I've been out of comission for a long time. Now with Velious and a stable lifestyle I'm going to try to pick things back up. I'd love to hear who/if anyone is playing on red or interested, as I'm trying to get a leveling team off the ground to do kunark and other content.

What times are you open?

FranktheBank
May 14, 2007

Ashenden posted:

I'm down to join a leveling group, I wanna level an Enchanter or Shaman or Cleric. I was in SLAMDUNKATRON until we joined some other guild to raid then quit the game a week later. Still need someone to port me to Plane of Sky so I can get the Monk Eyepatch turned in. Also looking to get back in the groove of playing my level 52 Bard, don't want to group with pubs while probably terrible.

If the hybrid penalty going away means the warrior/rogue bonus xp goes away, then I want to level a rogue or warrior.

FranktheBank
May 14, 2007
I'm rolling a monk as my 2nd character on red. I have always loved monks. A cool goon hooked it up with a Bo Stick. Should I just train tailoring to eventually make myself some cured silk? I dunno what other gear I could scrounge up for cheap.

FranktheBank
May 14, 2007
What level can rogues perma invis? Never played one. What level do casters unlock see invis? I can see Shaman being great because Sow at low lvl.

FranktheBank
May 14, 2007
Do we know when the bonus xp weekend is?

FranktheBank
May 14, 2007

Erdricks posted:

good times in unrest tonight. went from 24-29 with a full group and a watchful druid PL. even fought off a pair of twinked rogue griefers. livin the dream baby!

Dude, that was awesome. Squeek was the pk, i was the only person in range, we had me (cleric) another cleric, and the druid PL all healing me. The dude kept spamming pumice on me, he must have removed 20+ buffs over the course of the fight. He eventually tried to run away and go invis, someone hit me when See invis, so I started chasing him. When he went behind a pillar to hide and I start kept hitting him, he freaked out and ran backwards... into a skeletal monk. Took an xp death and logged off lol

I went from level 21 to almost 26 in that group. Now Edricks and I are going to have to rob a bank to buy our level 24 and 29 spells lol

FranktheBank
May 14, 2007
Yeah, we are in Thunderdome. We gonna have to hit a new xp area. Im thinking about Highkeep or SolA. How many of you actually do the Sol Ro class quests? Do you do it at 30-35?

FranktheBank
May 14, 2007
Back when I played on a brand new Race v Race server. Opening day the goodies in FP got absolutely rolled. Ogre and Trolls took over Nro, but they had shamans who got SoW before our druids. The Dark elves had an actual wall of bodies in EC, where the sand turns into grass. Absolute massacre.

FranktheBank
May 14, 2007

I Love You! posted:

Hell naw we're going dungeon crawling and we're going whole hog. Easier to guard a zone border when there's only one way in! Might not do the most-trafficked locales but with a nice solid ZEM and the XP bonus think of the rewards! (It will be about the same xp as on Red with a group honestly)

Absolutely. Watch zone in, can have the healer keeping an eye on it. Level in HHK instead of MM, keep See invis on, etc

FranktheBank
May 14, 2007
I was gonna roll a shaman as soon as I farmed up enough money to do a little twinking. Glad you hear there are spots open at end game.

FranktheBank
May 14, 2007
I leveled for a couple hours in CC. I hated it. Bound myself at the entrance, almost died after I gated. All the mobs run and pathing is really weird. Also, the horrors are significantly harder than the spiders.

FranktheBank
May 14, 2007

I Love You! posted:

CC is glorious, you just have to learn the weird quirks of the dungeon. Great loot for mid-30s, a town right there to hang and bank in, guards that protect you like it's a newbie zone. The binding is tough but you're very safe once you learn the place.

Yeah the loot was okay. Someone killed the queen and I got a bracer I think and Messenger of the Queen

I just don't have invis as a cleric and its annoying lol.

FranktheBank
May 14, 2007

Pathos posted:

Wait I want more details on this

FranktheBank
May 14, 2007
Debating on leveling my red or blue characters tomorrow. Do we know if the XP bonus starts at midnight EST? Anyone planning to play at about 8:30am PST?

FranktheBank
May 14, 2007
Anyone on right now? LFG - 34 clr or 10 mnk on red, 20 pal on blue

FranktheBank
May 14, 2007
XP is nuts. Went from 34 to four blues from 42 today. Gonna level an alt tomorrow I think so I can let Edricks catch up. Thinking about starting a Pally, maybe a rogue.

FranktheBank
May 14, 2007

I Love You! posted:

The simple solution would be to loot the plat, kill him again, and then have him loot the first corpse. But by this point we just wanted to make fun of him instead

:downs: I would like to add that not only am I an idiot, but everyone else assumed it would work as well. Also, thanks for the Ruby Crown and the Opal Bracelet, I will keep those equipped (for inspection purposes) until I find drastically better, then I will sell them and be 300p richer!

Real talk, I went from 34 to 50 from Friday to Monday (didn't play Sunday). Super excited to level super slow and never reach 60.

I did start a Druid that I want to level to 30 because I kinda ditched McKeone who has been SUPER busy and unable to play. I have learned that low level on a Druid suck rear end. If anyone wants to PL me to non-crap levels, I would be super grateful.

Sidenote: Do we know when Discord is coming?

FranktheBank
May 14, 2007

I Love You! posted:

Hey Red Dudes,

My crew is about lvl 52 and I have a strong desire to take a shot at Naggy/Vox if they are up. Is anyone (Frank for example) around this levelrange and interested in an impromptu dragonslaying session? We have the Sham/Tank/Chanter trinity down and could use DPS/Clerics if people have a desire to jump in.

Just a thought, let me know.

I'm down, i wont be above 52 for a while.

FranktheBank
May 14, 2007
Really want to push my cleric from 51 to 52 tonight. If anyone plans to play tonight (I am getting on around 7pm PST) look for FranktheBank or Hurry (my 17 druid). Cheers!

FranktheBank
May 14, 2007

Myrddin_Emrys posted:

Frankthebank, was grouped with you in Solb for double exp weekend on my bard Toccata, was a great group for my hell level.

Was that the BnB group? or maybe it was Royals? Either way, its amazing how many goons I'm running into every day.

I Love You! posted:

Frank I believe i shall assist you this eve if i can

Aw yiss. I have to get out of Dreadlands though. I dc'd in a Chardok group (very sad, amazing xp) and basically had to strafe run out of BW with Sarnaks chasing me.

Ashenden posted:

Rogean BROADCASTS, 'The Avatar of War has finally been slain. Although an awkward series of events, it is ultimately Rampage that is credited with the kill, following their own wipe, an engagement of a Asgard/Taken raid, their wipe, and then a Re-Engagement. Congrats.'

Wut. Rampage engage -> Wipe -> Asgard/Taken engage -> Wipe -> Rampage re-engages?

FranktheBank
May 14, 2007

Myrddin_Emrys posted:

I was the bard that wanted to go for a ciggy when you had run out of mana, and you just wouldn't run out of mana.

hahahaha, that's right.

I Love You! posted:

It's that ruby crown channeling his inner baller

I'm still wearing that and my Opal Bracelet. :cool:

Edit: I had an Empire tank in my group inspect me. He was like, "wtf are you wearing. You know you can vendor those for plat right?"

FranktheBank
May 14, 2007
Currently healing my first somewhat undergeared tank. I have to heal like once every other pull. I don't think I like The Hole, too many dispelling mobs. Also a random red con (to 51) golem in the middle of blues. I miss Chardok and CoM. I need to get a seb key.

FranktheBank
May 14, 2007

MageMage posted:

We missed you Frank! We missed you and we waited!!! And then I literally ended up in a group with 2 bards and 2 clerics with no tank and ended up logging :(

-Lahara

OMG I've literally been waiting all day for you to log in so I could apologize! I was so pissed. My kid knocked the router off and it was a pain to get it back on. Took almost 2 hours =(

That group was so good too.

FranktheBank
May 14, 2007

I Love You! posted:

Not at the moment, but only because they won't let us form a guild without like 10 players on simultaneously.

We could get a Red roll-call, it's been a while. I play with a pretty regular group of 4 and sometimes Frankthebank tags along, so we're halfway to a guild already! We are almost to the point where we need to get epics and poo poo so it's possible we will join a guild if we can't get enough people to do it organically.

I was just reading my cleric epic stuff. Looks like there is only (lol) 3 hard fights Ixiblat Fer the fire ele (Who can drop a CoF), Overking (Who can drop the Warrior invis clicky bp) in Chardok, and Ragefire (Who can also drop a CoF, and other dragon loot). I think the Chardok king is the hardest one. There is also a 55 cleric mob in Sol Ro Temple, but she's not that bad.

Edit: Ranger Epic looks like a pain. Lvl 50 mob in Hole, 4th island of Sky, VS and Innoruuk?

Bard Epic looks dumb. Phinny, Red Dragon Scales, White Dragon Scales and Trakanon kill, jesus.

VS and Trak are super contested.

FranktheBank fucked around with this message at 22:56 on Oct 11, 2015

FranktheBank
May 14, 2007

MageMage posted:

It's funny because the warrior literally said "I bet frank kicked the internet cable when going out for a cigarette".

No worries, I'll be around :P

If I remember correctly there is "Trakanon" and then there is "Bard Epic Trakanon" which is spawnable using the undead bard.

Really? I thought those came way later. What about VS? Is that mechanic is as well?

FranktheBank
May 14, 2007

I Love You! posted:

You are correct it came later.

Frank I died in Old Seb and it was not pretty, I don't think my corpse is recoverable without a group

How deep in? If it's too deep, we can try to buy a corpse summon from a necro, shouldn't run more than 300-400pp.

I am 100% down to take a group in though.

FranktheBank
May 14, 2007

I Love You! posted:

Deep enough that I can't go grab it, not deep enough we couldn't get it in 10 minutes with a 4-5man.

Oh, that easy. I should be on tonight around 7pm PST. Also, do you guys have HS keys? I'm probably gonna try to farm a couple items from Kaesora, and we could hit Xalgoz.

FranktheBank
May 14, 2007

I Love You! posted:

We do not yet have HS keys, that was kind of next on the roster after Seb.

Gotcha. Also, I will probably be on at 7:30, instead of 7. A little over an hour from now. I'm still bound at Seb.

FranktheBank
May 14, 2007
Sorry Scoobs went bio and missed your tells. Ill be back in about an hour. im already at seb.

FranktheBank
May 14, 2007

I Love You! posted:

Hiroyuki wont be around until tomorrow and we're going to need him for the recovery, so let's just plan to meet up then if you're going to be around.

Alright, it is. My main two times are 4-6pm and 7-10pm PST on weekdays.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FranktheBank
May 14, 2007

I Love You! posted:

My corpse has been recovered. Badtown and I still will need a bunch of rezzes at some point tho.

Where the bodies at? I saw one outside Seb.