Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Anarch
Feb 22, 2011

In the midnight hour...

Pillow Armadillo posted:

I cant believe BFGs are already patched off the servers
They were? Not classic.

Guess I won't bother with my ranger.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anarch
Feb 22, 2011

In the midnight hour...
Your feet feel quick.
Your feet feel quick.
Your feet feel quick.

Took the plunge for 7k from Veulaven, and I already know it was totally worth it. So much for saving for Holgresh Beads though!

Anyway, I'm back in Kunark trying to raise my 2HB skills...and it's so drat slow. Anyone recommend anything to speed it up?

*edit*

Zaphod42 posted:

Are tradeskills worth the investment on 1999?

No, and yes. In classic, most trade skills are fairly expensive to raise with limited payoff. Also note that given the lifespan of the server all trade skills are essentially covered.

The following I consider "good" trade skills:
Alchemy for shamans (duh) - everyone loves pots!
Fletching for rangers - make your own arrows to save money!
Jewelcraft for enchanters - everyone loves jewelry!
Tailoring for druids and casters - backpacks and other cool gear!

Other than that, a few high end quests like Coldain Shawl and Coldain Ring make good use of trade skills.

Anarch fucked around with this message at 11:40 on Aug 26, 2015

Anarch
Feb 22, 2011

In the midnight hour...
Completed my Words of Darkness quest, and only lost 2.5 blue bubs net in the process. Challenging at lvl 30 but drat fun.

Summit posted:

I have about 750pp, what's the best thing I could buy for a low level Shadowknight to make life a little easier? I do have a Circlet of Shadow (pre nerf) already which I sank basically all my plat into awhile back. I don't think I could afford it now so that was a good decision.
Pair of gold or plat fire wedding rings and a set of banded. Solid starter gear there.

Anarch
Feb 22, 2011

In the midnight hour...
:drac: Chiming in with a few Iksar necromancer tips!

:black101: GEAR
Your priority is HP, so get fire wedding rings and other HP gear. INT has limited returns at lower levels, so don't worry too much about it. Personally, I went HP>STR>INT so I could tank, spank and haul loot; it's been super effective.

Try to save for a Circlet of Shadow, which is the best necro utility item besides jboots. It will be removed at some point toward the end of the SOV timeline, so you have some time to save for one.

The Temple of Sol Ro welcomes Iksars on P1999, so that's a good source of equipment quests around 30-35.

:cenobite: MAINLAND FACTION
The Bloodsabers in the Qeynos Aqueduct are the only mainland necromancer guild that will welcome you. They have a bank, trainers, and vendors. This is an important faction to protect if you leave Kunark before 30, but will limit your hunting because some corrupt Qeynos guards, High Hold guards, and others will possibly drop that faction.

Other than that, you can easily fix the basic guard and merchant factions of Neriak with the infamous red wine quest. This also opens up the greater lightstone quests in SRo. However, all Neriak guilds including the Dead will still want to kill you.

At 34 you'll get Call of Bones, which will improve your faction with most evil races and guilds.

Anarch
Feb 22, 2011

In the midnight hour...

Zaphod42 posted:

"You know what Everquest needs? PERMADEATH."
Can you imagine trying to raid? Or actually do anything for that matter? EQ is practically built around players dying to NPCs, and with PVP in the mix it'll be absolute hell Good grief... they should just remove role/anon flags while they're at it.

Anarch
Feb 22, 2011

In the midnight hour...

Eerkik posted:

I never took anyones advice of rerolling into a magician, still a shadowknight. Finally hit level 3, I don't have a ton of time to play but holy gently caress this is some slow leveling. I should just kill the blue con skeletons for a chance at those cracked staves though right? Anyone have a really low level character they might want to group with around qeynos around midnight pst tonight (after work for me, been working a lotta doubles)? I still have no idea where anything is around me but I can reliably find the underground place with shadowknight trainers and make it back out to north qeynos to more monsters now, just takes me a bit. Not sure if I'd be better off traveling somewhere else or just sticking around here, but the idea of leaving is kinda intimidating with out any sort of map.

If I'm on I'll drop you some monies, since Welt is hunting in the Qeynos area. What's the name of your SK?

Anarch
Feb 22, 2011

In the midnight hour...

Dirt posted:

I never play anymore. Anyone on blue want my cash/items? I dont have a ton. Maybe ~3k in cash and a CoS and some other random valuable poo poo. My Mage has maybe ~6k in gear, plus some resist gear in the bank.

I should probably give it to Welt or Brererererez or however you spell your drat name. i feel like I hungout with you dudes the most.

Maybe one day ill come back and roll that stupid Erudite SK I wanted to do.

Welt here! Sad to see you go dude. I could use the cash toward my bead fund but eh, seriously feels wrong if you consider coming back at some point. Minimum, save that CoS for your Erudite SK because we never know when the drop will be nerfed; if you need I'll stash it for you.

Anarch
Feb 22, 2011

In the midnight hour...

Ashenden posted:

Klaymen hooked me up with a shovel, I was aiming for it over the others mostly because I had a ruby and other giant toes are a lot more expensive. Just a bonus that it's the best of the four for killing pet dogs.

I have a gargoyle eye and hill giant toes in EC if you need. Won't be able to play til Saturday morning though.

Anarch
Feb 22, 2011

In the midnight hour...
You could quest for a Jaggedpine Crook which is slightly better than a splintering club, but also magical. Another cheap but worthwhile upgrade would be a Springwood Club.

Anarch
Feb 22, 2011

In the midnight hour...

I Love You! posted:

You are correct it came later.

Frank I died in Old Seb and it was not pretty, I don't think my corpse is recoverable without a group

Give me 1.5 levels and a jade coffin. Oh, and a seb key.

Anarch
Feb 22, 2011

In the midnight hour...

Bybus Slago posted:

SRo AC cycle

I'm pretty sure that the Ancient Cyclops, as well as Pyzjn, are force-spawned similar to the Kithicor Forest undead at 9 PM game-time; however, you're likely to get one of their old placeholders instead. For what it's worth, I have personally witnessed the AC spawn at exactly 9 PM game-time and didn't see anyone hunting in the SRo desert area prior to his spawn. The question that remains is whether killing their placeholders during night hours will force another possible spawn before morning.

Anarch
Feb 22, 2011

In the midnight hour...
Welt just hit 46 on Blue! Question: if I immediately zone into PoFear and lose my corpse, do I win the game?

Anarch
Feb 22, 2011

In the midnight hour...

Tashan Dorrsett posted:

already got it all back :)

Quick question: how do the GMs handle this? Do they just duplicate the equipment with a backup or strip the lost items from other accounts?

Anarch
Feb 22, 2011

In the midnight hour...

Tricerapowerbottom posted:

I'm on now and can help, I'm in Freeport, game name Sosoca.

What is the goon or goonish guild on blue? Is there one?

We're unknown. That is, we're in the Unknown Guild.

Anarch
Feb 22, 2011

In the midnight hour...

Tashan Dorrsett posted:

Really hope I didn't end up killing TMO though -- Xepiz and I leaving is a really big deal to them and neither of us knew we would be leaving at the same time like that. And it looks like most of the long term core is jumping ship with us.
There can only be one! (Seriously, who can blame you? Red should just be renamed "Empire" at this point.)

Meanwhile, back on blue, Welt is nearly 53 and has 7/10 of VP key complete. *flex*

Anarch
Feb 22, 2011

In the midnight hour...
Lowtax needs an invite on Blue. This is not a drill.

Anarch
Feb 22, 2011

In the midnight hour...
Colqhoun is the bomb. Thanks for the BP; we need to farm the crap out of TT!

Also, Aatrek needs a guild invite. This is not a test.

Anarch fucked around with this message at 02:37 on Jan 1, 2016

Anarch
Feb 22, 2011

In the midnight hour...

Pwnz0r posted:

Always thought there was a rule against a guide or GM playing on the same server while retaining their staff access on P1999. But apparently on red, there is a guide who is also free to play his normal character. It wouldn't be so bad, but apparently hes very open about it to the point of sending tells on his non-guide character saying "see ya in 2 weeks!" before person gets suspended.
Consider red...

Anarch
Feb 22, 2011

In the midnight hour...

Anarch
Feb 22, 2011

In the midnight hour...

Ramulack posted:

Found out last night that as a Necro you can cancel magic yourself to remove the debuff on your heal over time spells. So basically, you can keep the tank perma-healed for 10 mana + the 30 mana cancel magic uses.
That's why we make great side healers.

Anarch
Feb 22, 2011

In the midnight hour...
Best place to raise swimming is pond dancing in Innothule Swamp. Auto-run with left arrow to run in a circle then click outside the EQ window. Keep your chat window in view and watch some Netflix. Easy.

Anarch
Feb 22, 2011

In the midnight hour...
* Holgresh Elder Beads no longer drop.

Anarch
Feb 22, 2011

In the midnight hour...

Meatgrinder posted:

There's a spam filter in EC now? Was that implemented because of that arse spamming EC a bit back? Now I can't even wile the boredom away by chatting to people, great.

GG confirmed.

Anarch
Feb 22, 2011

In the midnight hour...
Friendly reminder to anyone considering necro or SK - get your Circlet of Shadow ASAP, because the drop is nerfed next patch.

Anarch
Feb 22, 2011

In the midnight hour...

DeathSandwich posted:

So I got pubbies to level 5 last night, and thanks to some generous goons got him geared in mixed banded/low end magic armor with a fine steel weapon and about 270pp to throw around. I kind of want to reserve some of that money for spells and such as I level, but aside from that what should I be looking at in EC for twink items aside from Mistmoore Battle Drums and the Lute of the Gypsy Princess?
Did you get plat or gold fire opal wedding rings yet? They're good for an obscene HP boost.

Anarch
Feb 22, 2011

In the midnight hour...

Zaphod42 posted:

Seems like the obvious fix is to delete corpses when you delete a character, but I guess this is 1999. I assume that happened at some point on live?

Don't think this bug occured on Live.

Anarch
Feb 22, 2011

In the midnight hour...
Innernette, I got your Silver Swiftblade on the cheap.

If anyone needs DE cultural chain, Thelema can now reliably craft the set.

Bring me the materials and you'll be partying in MM in no time!
And no, it doesn't require Blue Diamonds.

Anarch
Feb 22, 2011

In the midnight hour...

Dirt posted:

Some things on this server never change

That dude has been standing there AFK every day for as long I can remember. Doesn't matter the day/time, he is there.

Strangely enough, someone was just asking for buffs and Barhoom dropped a full supply for shaman buffs on him. He remained AFK and said nothing. Guess he's a buffbot?

Anarch
Feb 22, 2011

In the midnight hour...

DeathSandwich posted:

Comparatively speaking, High elves and dark elves crafted plate get the shaft really, Enchanting mithril for their armor requires multiple blue diamonds which are rear end in a top hat expensive compared to Jacnith for Dwarves and rubies (purified mana) for Erudites.

Blue diamonds were removed from the elven enchanting process with the last patch.

Anarch
Feb 22, 2011

In the midnight hour...

SoUr posted:

Anarch, are you able to make the Human Cultural armor of Rallos Zek? Or any of those Human sets?

I can work on getting the mats, just need someone to craft the plate armor.
Not yet. I can make regular/imbued dark elven chain, regular/imbued dwarven chain, and basic (not enchanted or imbued) dwarven plate.

Anarch
Feb 22, 2011

In the midnight hour...

Gray Matter posted:

Out of curiosity, what kind of ballpark price is it for a full suit of visible (1 bracer) enchanted non-imbued DE chain? I'm away from EQ for the next few months but when I get back that would look dope on my enchanter.

If you can enchant the adamantite (level 49) and farm the temper (kill a bunch of shadowmen and a few lfay elves), it'll only cost a few hundred platinum for the adamantite. It's honestly one of the easiest cultural armors to make.

SoUr posted:

Is this because of lack of skill?
I don't have a human smith.

Anarch fucked around with this message at 19:57 on Apr 3, 2016

Anarch
Feb 22, 2011

In the midnight hour...

Sirken, p1999 Raid Rules posted:

Q12: What exactly does the Staff consider a stall?
A: As far as engage stalls, the Staff will grant you one DA, or about that much time on an engage before considering it a stall. So it’s important that guilds do not engage a mob until they are ready to kill it. The spirit of the rule (and what we are looking to do here) is to prevent guilds from locking up a target before they are ready to kill it, just to prevent other guilds that are ready to kill it first/faster. If you stall, you need to drop aggro immediately and concede/forfeit the mob. Any number of players can be considered to be stalling a mob, what we look for is the engage of the kill force. I know some of you want an exact number of seconds, or players, or DPS done, but the fact is that’s just not realistic with guilds being so vastly different in numbers and strength while also competing for the same content. The most important thing here is the statement about the spirit of this rule stated above.
I guess this is old and doesn't mat...

Sirken, p1999 Raid Rules posted:

Last Updated: April 5, 2016
Oh...

Anarch
Feb 22, 2011

In the midnight hour...

Troll posted:

Did Velious release any 11+ piercing weapons I can afford at poverty level income?

Crystalline Spears (13/30) go for about 1k now. This is silly because Thunder Runed War Spears (13/30 with decent stats) average 800p.

Small dragonbone shard (13/26) is 1k-2k, but is limited to small races only.

Frozen Shard (13/26 with a proc) and Serpent's Tooth (13/27 with minor stats) go for about 2k each.

Anarch
Feb 22, 2011

In the midnight hour...

I Love You! posted:

Laughing p hard at this twist, poo poo I don't even go this far on PvP servers. You sick, son

Goon on goon violence! When will the madness end?!

Anarch
Feb 22, 2011

In the midnight hour...

SoUr posted:

Anarch, I got 39 enchanted lrg. bricks of adamantite, 6 leather paddings, 12 essence of shadow, and loads of elf blood now, I believe that's all you need to make the collar, bracer, shoulder, girdle, vambraces and cloak?

Let me know when you get a chance to give these crafts a go?

Either tonight at around 11:00 pm to 1:00 am PST, or Friday 9:00 am to 11:00 am PST. Mats look fine- this is for non-imbued plate, right?

Anarch
Feb 22, 2011

In the midnight hour...

SoUr posted:

I'm in GMT so maybe I'll catch you on before work. I want the Enchanted set, not Imbued.

I think the only pieces missing are the nectars from the vendors, but the real pain will be getting the damned ore to Neriak, my guy is standing in the tunnel with all 390 st worth of ore on him.
Thelema has weight reduction bags. And I'll need to port over Welt to brew, but that won't be a problem.

Anarch
Feb 22, 2011

In the midnight hour...

Cloche posted:

I've discovered that I enjoy enchanter way more than I do SK, but I don't want the stuff from you nice folks to rot.

As far as I can remember, Klaymen gave me a weapon/some plat/maybe some misc items? Thelema made me a set of banded, and Innernette gave me some plat. Do you guys want me to try and track you down in-game to hand it back, or keep it on that character for any new players that could use some starter equipment?

IMHO keep as a backup character. If you need cash for your ench, go ahead and sell the banded.

Anarch
Feb 22, 2011

In the midnight hour...
Anachron - I told Secondtonone you were looking to buy jboots. He's currently selling for 6k.

Everyone - Get to SKarana for guild Quillmane camp!

Anarch
Feb 22, 2011

In the midnight hour...

Inimicul posted:

I've been farming the materials to make the shadow tempers for the dark elf armor. Who can do the brewing for me?

Welt, but Thelema should have it soon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anarch
Feb 22, 2011

In the midnight hour...

SoUr posted:

Was there some mass exodus I missed? I haven't seen a soul in guild chat for several days.

I need friends. Send help.

Sorry I've been really busy. Feel free to blame me. :wave: