Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Literally Lewis Hamilton posted:

As a newbie level 5 Iksar Necro with zero gear, is FoB really the best option?

All of the beginner mobs con green or blue but moving out further has random yellow and red roaming mobs that can wreck you in an instant.

Yeah you learn to pull the blues and pull them back out of the bone pit. Its a pretty gnarly leveling zone because of the reds but its got a lot of good mobs so its worth the danger.

Also not a *terribly* far run to guards so if you have any way to slow or stun you can survive a nasty pull.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
You can probably make 50p an hour or more off killing the bandits in lfay and selling the bronze weapons, although its camped pretty often as a result.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If you guys post your names I could toss you some plat, although I don't have nearly as much on green as blue

I can teleport though so I can get to you pretty fast

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Lakedaimon posted:

If you got plat you dont need on blue I feel like im the only goon on there

You're higher level than me so it probably wouldn't mean much. Just enough to help out newbies that are struggling to pay for spells.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Ginette Reno posted:

EQ was so damned good. Did you manage to fall off of Kelethin like a true first time EQ player?

Death attacks you for 200 damage

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

cryptoclastic posted:

For some reason every time I made a new character I always felt the urge to bring then to Kelethin, get drunk and run around. I brought a barb warrior all the way from Halas at level 4 to do this. It took me a long time to get my first character to 20 because of this. But I always had max alcohol tolerance.

One time a friend and I logged into EQ and went around just travelling to each city, finding a nice pub inside, parking our characters there for awhile and then having some beers and talking the poo poo. Then we'd move to the next town and repeat, until we were too drunk to continue.

EQ virtual pub crawl.

Pillow Armadillo posted:

Ever hit the chain links jumping off of Plane of Sky? That's a rude death

I've never been to plane of sky :negative:

Probably should have stuck with blue and not rerolled on green so I'd actually have a chance of seeing endgame.