Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FayGate
Oct 5, 2012

Joining a mid-range guild is a waste of time if you really want to raid. Get 60 and app Awakened or Aftermath. They are virtually identical although I will say that AM is really good at raid tactics while AW has better strategy. However unless you wanna get super involved with pulls or poopsocking tracking that won't matter.

Source: I raid with both on various toons.

FayGate fucked around with this message at 02:10 on Dec 9, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FayGate
Oct 5, 2012

repawted for RMT

FayGate
Oct 5, 2012

moolchaba posted:

Is anyone logging into Unknown Guild with regularity? I'm thinking to hand off guild lead again. I am finally through with this game after 18 years... hahahahahah FREEE FREEEEEEEEEE

I'll take it if you can stomach that!

FayGate
Oct 5, 2012

faulteroy posted:

you'll have fun, just don't rush to 60 and if you do, don't join Aftermath or Awakened or you will hate yourself

Oh come on it's not that bad!

"preps a line of meth while on unemployment"

FayGate
Oct 5, 2012

Dick Burglar posted:

Sweet Jesus, I did not remember how painful it was leveling without any gear. Could somebody please help me out? I'm up to a whopping level 7, with over 2 days played :suicide:

what class i have things maybe depending on your answer?

FayGate
Oct 5, 2012

moolchaba posted:

Who is the cool dude (meaning someone who hasn't played on red server) that I'm handing over guild lead to? WHO?

WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

wow rude

FayGate
Oct 5, 2012

ChairmanMauzer posted:

I suppose you could give it to me.

Probably the best option. Unless you are some bitch holding a goon guild hostage ala LOTRO lmao

FayGate
Oct 5, 2012

You can just run two instances of EQ. The staff allow playing on both servers at the same time.

FayGate
Oct 5, 2012

Pillow Armadillo posted:

Is there an active spreadsheet of server goons that needs updating?

Active goons: me
Inactive goons: everyone else

:(

FayGate
Oct 5, 2012

I have literally a thousand alts if this goon rush goes down, LOL not likely, I would be down this weekend!

FayGate
Oct 5, 2012

Have my monk and enchanter back in the guild since that cute oval office Sqid is no longer ruling it with an iron fist of deathly gayness. ANYWAYS, I will be down to help with plvling out of those crap early levels tomorrow. Or level my wannabe Greenmist Iksar. Whichever.

Created a discord
https://discord.gg/4XrG9h5

FayGate fucked around with this message at 05:55 on Feb 3, 2018

FayGate
Oct 5, 2012

Yes it has Sentinel. It even had(no longer can be quested) this sexy piece of poo poo https://wiki.project1999.com/Staff_of_the_Observers

Which I have used to wipe raids with due to the lag messing up complete heal chains. :)

FayGate
Oct 5, 2012

rmt has never and will never exist on p99

FayGate
Oct 5, 2012

Insta cast clicky to reset global cooldown is a must for any caster. Will also refresh spell slot one entirely. Although not the spell cool down of whatever is in that slot.

FayGate
Oct 5, 2012

Pillow Armadillo posted:

Notwithstanding the cooperative effort and general success of Unknown Guild in recent weeks, I want to give plenty of notice that the server, for me, has always been most satisfying through shared experiences with digital strangers.

That being said, I recognize while this three year-old thread for an emulated game I've played for years has been full of fun, I want to warn new players that, by design, EverQuest is meant to encourage escape and compulsive gaming. That is the classic design element that the p99 coding team has imitated or preserved forever, free from a monthly subscription fee.

tl;dr As a gesture of good faith, I've decided to spread as much of my droppable armor, weapons and account as possible to players I run into who bring a BYOB mentality to the server when I uninstall this summer. Don't treat the game like a rat race and play for however little or long as you'd like.

If you want to set something up on Saturday I'd be down to come assist on my 60 ench anywhere anytime.

FayGate
Oct 5, 2012

If you ever hit 60 faction song the ToV dragons and tell me if you are kos. Thanks!

FayGate
Oct 5, 2012

secret history by caicopius

I have thus acted in the manner which my character dictated. Herein I lay the story of those actions.

I was born a son under the red sun TYOOL 2014. Never had I played Everquest but had been intrigued by it ever since the television told me to purchase it long ago as a child. At this time one of those ever happpening GOONRUSH events were ongoing on the red server. Knowing absolutely nothing of the game I had seen a guide in this threads previous incarnation for PVP ranked by class. Based on that guide I chose a wizard and thus Rizen the wizard was born. Red sucks rear end so I won't bore you but eventually SLAMDUNKATRON(goonrush guild) died and I lost interest. I came back some months later and noticed that the economy of red had inflated quite a bit. I later found out this was due to a database error in which some random mob in cabilis were dropping merchant sellable items that allowed epxloiters to pull out 2.5k an hour of raw platinum. Anyways after seeing that I had at what the time was a lot of platinum and red being a dumpster fire decided to take part in some cross server trading. This was shortly before such acitivities were disallowed and the exchange rate was one red platinum for three blue. I managed to pull away a tidy sum and decided to pick the worst class combo that I could think of. Enter Steeks the erudite paladin. This was when hybrid penalties were still in the game and somehow I managed to ding the low 50's with no fungi. This was probably my favorite character since I really got into the gay, black holy man aspect of roleplaying a bit and would screw around helping noobs. Anyways I believe I hit a brick wall in progressing and making platinums. I really wanted to be a golden and blinged out holy man. Had to have that deepwater gaud, gnome seyan? So here is the point where I think my mindset began to turn towards the sinister and conniving which would soon enough be my hallmark. Decided to get on that there redguides and spend dollar bills on platinums. Truly EQ had hosed me up already by that point because spending money on pixels was just lol and now too is lol for far different reasons. Needless to say I got ban hammered so fast it would make your head spin. Got that deepwater for 5 minutes though(worth). I took a break for a few months but soon enough was back. Had a pile of cocaine after I got done with a job in Brazil and decided to play again this time as a truly depraved piece of poo poo as befitted my coked up mindset. Caiu was born sometime mid september 2015......

To be continued if anyone actually gives a poo poo.

I did want to get some of that off my chest though because I wasn't really able to ever link all those character names in any way till now. Which kinda blew since I had made good friends with some people and had to go cold when swapping identities due to ban hammers.

P.S. Yes I am alive. Also paragraphs are for pussies.

FayGate
Oct 5, 2012

Pillow Armadillo posted:

I have about 10 Terrorantula silks on hand, and can supply 12 rubies this evening towards the cause.

EvilGibson, Anarch, Tewdrig, Chairman Mauzer, FayGate - your prizes are in EC pending pick-up. Tonight ~10pm GMT-5 will be my only opportunity to log-in this week.

I doubt I can get to it until the weekend thanks.

FayGate
Oct 5, 2012

Bread quest was nerfed don't bother.

FayGate
Oct 5, 2012

You can use either a bard or necro sure. It will take forever have fun.

FayGate
Oct 5, 2012

You can't combine a quested component with a dropped one. Just an fyi.

FayGate
Oct 5, 2012

Meatgrinder posted:

^^ hardly twinked, friend, but it'll help you out. If you get like 200pp I can make you hp/ac rings at material cost, they will be the biggest upgrade you can get at your level.

Just as a fyi, some asshat who had beef with Kittens (my vote is on Evergreens the loudmouth druid that got kicked for selling MQs he needrolled) deleted the guild cleric, Spasepope. We're waiting for him to be restored, and we are leveling a new one in the mean time.

A shame he couldn't delete the guild entire!

FayGate
Oct 5, 2012

ChairmanMauzer posted:

Did a fun Chardok crawl with Caiu/Pons and a streamer (who's in the guild now) on Saturday. Did you get out unscathed after you went LD Caiu?

Anyways, I think we're planning a Hole crawl this Wednesday with the streamer if anyone wants to go.

I have not logged back in actually! I barely remember going to Chardok as I was pretty trashed that night. Guess I can make a cup coffee, log in, and hope my spell load out is good enough to survive the initial agro.

FayGate
Oct 5, 2012

Nurfed

FayGate
Oct 5, 2012

cmdrk posted:

camped pyzjn for the first time, got the glowing black stone on her second spawn in 1 night. thats some real satisfying poo poo right there.

You can do better.

FayGate
Oct 5, 2012

SoUr posted:

I'm thinking of coming back to this with my SHM; I think I was pretty close to 50 last time I stopped.

How hard is it to get the last steps of the epic now? It's a drop in Fear off an Iksar Broodling, and last I played it was impossible to get this if you weren't part of the top two guilds, since they were camping all the big drops every time they spawn. Is this still an issue?

Yeah it's still an issue. Basically you need to pony up 80k or hit 60 and join a decent raid guild that does fear on earthquakes or regularly.

FayGate
Oct 5, 2012

It was client sided until 2002/2003. Titanium is from 2006 so rand is server side. Not classic!

FayGate
Oct 5, 2012

Tofs is probably the worst dungeon to do for its level range. But don't take my word for it and make sure to stream if you do go. I could use a good laugh. Droga is good for the faction it raises. It's also quite a bit easier than the tower

FayGate
Oct 5, 2012

EVIL Gibson posted:

:cop: The keys are mistakenly soul bond on the server

Oh man you should not have said that. Now I gotta research it that's classic and get that poo poo nerfed if it is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FayGate
Oct 5, 2012

Not sure how I'm gonna go about it quite yet although I have a few ideas and enough 60's to make it be a long , long time before Core will be killing any dragons harder than a +6 WW.

I hope it was worth it. I know this is gonna be fun for me but perhaps not you.