Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ashenden
Feb 6, 2013
Back online as Jinouga (54 Monk). Somebody experienced on Red99 hit me up, no clue what's going on with the server and no idea what to do now that Velious is out (never been).

E: Looks like you still can't walk in to KC without the zoneline PvP guards.

Ashenden fucked around with this message at 22:31 on Sep 9, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ashenden
Feb 6, 2013

FranktheBank posted:

So these guards only let their guild group in KC?

Was mostly being snarky because a duo made me DC, back before Velious came out when I was active you couldn't get in to KC unless you were in Empire because there were always 10 of them in zone with a couple of dedicated PvPers hanging out at the ZL.

Ashenden
Feb 6, 2013

I Love You! posted:

I used to run the goon guild on p99 but I've been out of comission for a long time. Now with Velious and a stable lifestyle I'm going to try to pick things back up. I'd love to hear who/if anyone is playing on red or interested, as I'm trying to get a leveling team off the ground to do kunark and other content.

I'm down to join a leveling group, I wanna level an Enchanter or Shaman or Cleric. I was in SLAMDUNKATRON until we joined some other guild to raid then quit the game a week later. Still need someone to port me to Plane of Sky so I can get the Monk Eyepatch turned in. Also looking to get back in the groove of playing my level 52 Bard, don't want to group with pubs while probably terrible.

Ashenden fucked around with this message at 00:29 on Sep 10, 2015

Ashenden
Feb 6, 2013

Myrddin_Emrys posted:

I did some pling in CB last night too. I just pulled the zone, sang my debuff song and let the TD lowbies bash away at the mobs. Got them Crush and Dvinn too. Was a real fun night.

I was in that on my cleric Nanako. Was fun.

Ashenden
Feb 6, 2013
Tried to do a bit of PLing in CB and some high level named Gamamin (something like that) shot me down to 30% and dotted me. Pretty sure all of the lowbies must have got trained and died when I plugged at zoneline, oops.

Ashenden
Feb 6, 2013

I Love You! posted:

Good way of letting everyone on red know you're a PK

Why's that, just the MR? Do rogues use many procs for the high dex to matter? I always assumed Barbarian was best for slam.

Ashenden
Feb 6, 2013
Red: If you join Empire you'll get to do all the raids with the downside of feeling like a twat and a small cog in a far too large machine. Leveling is almost ridiculously fast. Population is low enough that you can usually get any camp you want, but you might get murdered out of that camp. You'll be forced to take breaks you never wanted to take by griefers you have basically no chance in combat against. Economy is a little weird, but in a fun way.

Blue: Dunno as much about it but leveling is slow, all the good spots are perpetually taken, and most guilds are on rotational raiding (but hey it beats nothing). Population is just too high I feel like.

Red will always give you a headache, it can definitely feel like a prison colony, and pras is loving stupid. Sometimes I think about playing on Blue, but I feel like playing monk and that would just be torture to do naked a second time. Does monk lose the 20% exp penalty when the hybrid exp penalty is removed?

E: Remembered the real reason why Monk is so painful, you can't even carry blunt weapons to skill up 1HB and 2HB, let alone make any money.

Ashenden fucked around with this message at 00:06 on Sep 11, 2015

Ashenden
Feb 6, 2013

aparmenideanmonad posted:

Yes, all class XP penalties are removed eventually during Velious. Class bonuses (war/rog) stay, as mentioned last page. Racial penalties and bonuses remain. So, an Iksar monk will only have a 20% penalty instead of 44% after the change, and a Human will have no penalty.

Good to know, thanks.

Ashenden
Feb 6, 2013
What is the difference between OOC and Shout on Blue? Also anybody able to transfer some trash for me in Feerrott on Blue?

iNteg posted:

Also, there hasn't been a rotation or bag limit on mobs since Velious dropped, BDA killed like 6 dragons on Sunday. lol

Sounds fun.

Ashenden fucked around with this message at 01:32 on Sep 11, 2015

Ashenden
Feb 6, 2013

Zaphod42 posted:

I could do a transfer on my druid easy enough, when you wanna do it?

Thanks, I drop-transferred it though.

Ashenden
Feb 6, 2013

Pilsner posted:

The importance of the weight penalty for Monks, when you're levelling, is way overrated. When you're new and have mediocre gear, and also need to farm cash (I started completely from scratch), you can forget all about staying below the weight penalty; a typical weight when you've banked and are carrying 50p or so, ready to head out into the field, is around 30-40. The AC loss up to around 40 is significant, but above that, it's minor, so you might as well say gently caress it and just do your thing. I solo'd from 1-50 basically saying screw it to the weight limit, and while it naturally caused some AC loss, I managed fine. I used to go up to the encumberance limit all the time, before I vendored and banked.

Good advice, thanks. I was really worried about it and never made any money outside of Gargoyle Eyes in MM and LGuk on my red Monk.

Ashenden
Feb 6, 2013

HoboTech posted:

When do Shamans fully come into their own? Any tips?

Just some guesses because my highest Shaman is only 19 but I imagine either at 24 when you get Cannibalize or 34 when you get a pet. Or maybe both are good increases.

E: Also at 34 you get a root that lasts twice as long. 34 sounds like a nice level.

The only 2HB I could find to skill up with in Cab was a shovel. I like it.

Ashenden fucked around with this message at 17:21 on Sep 11, 2015

Ashenden
Feb 6, 2013
Any officers near Cab? I don't wanna leave until I can train FD.

Ashenden fucked around with this message at 20:12 on Sep 11, 2015

Ashenden
Feb 6, 2013
Ran my shaman Azae to ECT to see if anybody was around to give an invite. Also, I've always wondered: Why do I have almost no music? I think I only have character screen, Neriak Forest, and combat.

tyler is a joke posted:

I can tag you sometime possibly tonight or tomorrow. Look for Avalok, or Karmapa.
Will do, thanks. I kind of want to stay on Kunark for a long time and try to go to Dalnir at an appropriate level. Because I hate myself.

Ashenden fucked around with this message at 20:18 on Sep 11, 2015

Ashenden
Feb 6, 2013

quote:

There are a bit over 200 MP3 files

I only have 83 MP3 files in my root EQ folder. For example no Freeport.mp3. So that'd be a missing music issue. Also set up XMI as per your guide.

Been thinking about Bard stuff. People always talk about how Half-Elf has the best stats, but for the cost of 10 dex (you're dumb agility not even mentioning you) Human can wear VP robe and gets 5 more str/stam. Seems better, anything important I'm missing? The HIE racial armor is maybe better than Human's.

Ashenden fucked around with this message at 02:50 on Sep 12, 2015

Ashenden
Feb 6, 2013
My eyes can't take ECT any longer so I'm gonna ask here. Looking to buy a Shaman weapon, have 139PP.

Ashenden
Feb 6, 2013

I Love You! posted:

Red Check-in:

Unrest group at 16, send tell to Willcat if youre on!

Groups done? Just saw you got within my range.

Ashenden fucked around with this message at 04:42 on Sep 13, 2015

Ashenden
Feb 6, 2013

Kalaxus posted:

I think frogs give ogre faction if memory serves, not sure what faction quest turn in is on though

Surprisingly they don't, at least the lower level ones. If you're an enchanter, Illusion: Dark Elf at level 12 will let you finish it. Maybe somebody helping out by getting you there with invis and charming the NPC would work as well?

Looked it up, there are no mobs that raise faction with the Oggok Guards and pretty much all the quests to raise it are from people inside Oggok, looks tough for the classic fix my faction with everyone quest.

Ashenden fucked around with this message at 13:44 on Sep 13, 2015

Ashenden
Feb 6, 2013

a real jerk posted:

Stein guy what's your character name? I can wolf form you!

God you're such a jerk.

I eat low hanging fruits.

Ashenden fucked around with this message at 00:24 on Sep 14, 2015

Ashenden
Feb 6, 2013
EQ client and ticks are so strange. Mana seems checked by the server a bit after the displayed tick, right? So if you stand up right after you see yourself gain mana you'll lose it as if you had been standing, and on the flip side you can sit down when you see your mana tick up by 1 to gain the full meditate amount. Annoying.

Ashenden
Feb 6, 2013
I've been using it to meditate while on the move in KT, sitting down for about half a second after I see my client tick mana to get the full amount then continuing moving. So that's kind of useful at least. Would rather it were just accurate though obviously. Too bad.

Ashenden
Feb 6, 2013

Zaphod42 posted:

If you can get up to like level 15 you can start making some serious pp off bronze weapons on aviaks or sisters. If you can get up to more like 30 then you have way more options and you'll be making way more money.

Which Aviaks are those at 15? Anywhere nearby for evils to sell? How is the exp? I could use some money and Kurn's Tower is pretty ridiculously overpopulated. Though it's still great experience.

Ashenden
Feb 6, 2013
Uggrut should chime in on the Rathe area, he's been leveling there for a while now.

Ashenden
Feb 6, 2013
http://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=210959

Rogean posted:

Hey Everyone,

We're coming up on Project 1999's 6th year anniversary. To celebrate, we will be enabling double experience starting on the evening of Friday, October 2nd, and lasting until some time the morning of Monday, October 5th.

Also coming some time in October, we are releasing a new temporary server. Project 1999: Discord will be a new classic PvP server with permanent death. It will be FFA without a level range limit. Item loot will be present. Other specifics regarding the rule set of the server are still being decided, but there will be almost no rules with minimal CSR involvement. This server is intended to only last for a month or two, after which point all characters will be deleted, and the highest level characters will earn a spot on a new Hall of Fame section of the website. We will then evaluate options of closing or restarting the server, possibly with different rules, mechanics, and/or rewards.

We are also overdue to enable the January 2001 era on all servers. This will include changes to root/snare stacking, removal of the Class XP penalties + group shared XP modifications, and more. We are able to enable these eras while the server is running, but we identified some issues that will require a patch before we turn it on. This will be happening this week or weekend.

Thanks!

Rog

Some big news coming from the official forums. Discord sounds like pure insanity, and I think I'll be staying away from that. I'm imagining friends/guildies with PvP experience will be rolling brutal combos (maybe Druid+Wizards?) and murdering anyone that gets a few levels. Some group is definitely going to dominate the server. Where would you hide to level at that point?

Finally the Hybrid Exp Penalty and Snare+Root and patch! But will it also be the epic patch?

Ashenden fucked around with this message at 22:48 on Sep 14, 2015

Ashenden
Feb 6, 2013

Zaphod42 posted:

This bodes well for my Iksar SK.

I thought I had more time on my shaman before my monk would start leveling 24% faster. Now what?! Also what level is your SK?

Ashenden
Feb 6, 2013
Anybody able to make large banded? Pref in Kunark?

Ashenden
Feb 6, 2013

Got two level 50+ characters on red and all I can say is you haven't experienced much yet. You never had to face Smallmee ladderboard farming, dude went 969:3. The only reason most any of us even play on red is because of the exp bonus, which in and of itself is kind of sad. Everquest PvP just isn't very good.

The community is poo poo and endgame raiding prospects involve sucking Colgate and Gongsh0w's dicks.

Ashenden fucked around with this message at 04:38 on Sep 15, 2015

Ashenden
Feb 6, 2013
http://www.project1999.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2035135&postcount=13 What should theoretically be happening this patch.

Ashenden
Feb 6, 2013

Siets posted:

Tell Me More about how much fun I'm having when we spend an hour plus forming for raid, buffing, and traveling, only for Empire to show up and force us all to plug at the zoneline literally every raid and small group dungeon outing ever.

You know how it is, the people who can deal with the low level griefers never expect it to be so much worse once you are in range to Holo. Then they quit or join Holo.

Ashenden
Feb 6, 2013
http://www.tski.co.jp/baldio/patch/19992002.php
Check this poo poo out, it's an archive of the patchnotes throughout EQ's life.

quote:

Changes/Enhancements:
While not mentioned in the Producer's Letter, the Zone Experience Modifier has also been increased in Guk (Upper Guk), by roughly 12%.
'Lay on Hands' has been enhanced again to heal more hitpoints.
Overlooked in the last patch message, new spells were made available to Rangers and Paladins in the upper levels.
'Voice of the Berserker', a beneficial spell, no longer drains mana over the duration of the spell.
The maximum duration of 'Strength of Nature' has been increased.
A new spell for magicians is now available in game.
The 'Shield of the Eighth' spell will now last a number of minutes equal to your level.
You can now use the arrow and enter keys to select characters in the character select screen. In addition, the last character you chose will be automatically hilighted when entering that screen.
This value is stored in the EQCLIENT.INI file as 'LastCharSel=0-7'.
The ranger's 'Trueshot' discipline has had its damage increased after analyzing data from its fix last week. Prior to the last patch, all bows, while under the discipline, were hitting as if they were 45dmg bows regardless of the delay. Last week's patch fixed it so that damage was based on the damage of the bow. This weeks patch increases damage bonuses in relation to delay (longer delays yield better damage bonuses).
You can now reverse the left and right channels on your speakers using the /reversesound command. This should be very useful for those who have had to place their speakers backwards due to cable lengths.
Made some improvements to Paw, Mistmoore, and The Hole, to address some concerns brought forth by the players. Both zones had some problems that would cause them to be exceedingly difficult in some cases.

Some pretty cool stuff coming out in the next update, but seriously check out the patch that would theoretically come out next month because it is insane http://www.tski.co.jp/baldio/patch/20010221a.html

Ashenden
Feb 6, 2013

iNteg posted:

If you don't have one yet, I highly suggest an OT hammer

Does a charge of the charm item cost less on blue? Or do people just farm the faction for it.

Ashenden
Feb 6, 2013

Zaphod42 posted:

There's necromancer trainers and vendors in old world, although you're going to have problems buying or training at them. If you can stock up on spells now or get other people to buy them for you then there'll be very little issue.

People have talked about something I am a little foggy on, I think turning in bone chips in the sewers of Freeport to let your Iksar Necromancer train and vendor there?

Ashenden
Feb 6, 2013
Are you in a raiding guild iNteg?

Ashenden
Feb 6, 2013

Chuds McGreedy posted:

Give this guy some ideas what to spend it on (I have no idea) and maybe say hi and group with him. He's level 11 and it's his first character and it didn't look like he was wearing much. If you're reading this dude, get some CHA gear, that's all I got for ya. Charming is your bread and butter, plus it's fun and interesting.

He's online, he saw the gear list on page 12 and bought some 5/55s.

Ashenden
Feb 6, 2013
Tiresias and my shaman Azae are going to be grouping in Unrest if anybody wants to come, we're level 18 and 19.

Ashenden
Feb 6, 2013
Currently in Unrest but looking to buy a Charred Guardian Shield if any bored druid wants to check ECT for me. Can't slam these magic immunes.

E: Wait thought they were 50pp not 150pp, disregard. Learned that slam is shoulder regardless of if you have a shield equipped or not. Also I am a triple posting shithead who should learn to edit.

We had a really good group in the main room of Unrest. A high level Paladin started pulling from basement for us. Got Dwarf Workboots, that guy's ring, and a Bloodstained Mantle while there. Pretty amazing haul.

Ashenden fucked around with this message at 18:50 on Sep 17, 2015

Ashenden
Feb 6, 2013
Shaman solo has gotten really depressing at 20, hope it picks up at 24 or I might just have to fall back on Bard.

Ashenden
Feb 6, 2013

Opinionated posted:

Thank you for the tips. Much appreciated!

I actually have a 23 or 24 enchanter I was already planning on gearing up again. I kept saying something similar that we need something else to really make it a great trio. I have always wanted an enchanter so maybe I'll have the motivation to get him leveled this time.

I was also looking at Perma pits tonight when checking out a Druid charm guide. I am very hesitant about doing that thought as I've never really charmed with my druid.

New patch got released just now! https://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=211758

Awesome, wasn't expecting that. Some unlisted changes as well.

Ashenden
Feb 6, 2013
Server just exploded? Might have been just me actually, but nothing else was affected except P99/site.

Ashenden fucked around with this message at 17:22 on Sep 21, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ashenden
Feb 6, 2013

I Love You! posted:

Yeah it sucked a lot getting tons of XP and hanging with dudes while handily beating up the jerks trying to stop us without breaking a sweat thank you for the kind words!

Out of range of Exed and Empire, keep enjoying it while you can. http://www.r99pvp.net/seasonone/showplayer.php?p=Smallmee

ChairmanMauzer posted:

Loving the loss the the hybrid-exp penalty. My exp bars finally move again.

Grouped with a Paladin, Bard, and Monk today. Was so fast.

Ashenden fucked around with this message at 07:23 on Sep 23, 2015