Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cmdrk
Jun 10, 2013
would love to get in on Discord, willing to play drat near anything.

playing a 35 cleric on blue (Cuppycake) and a 13 wiz on red (Haughty) right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cmdrk
Jun 10, 2013

a real jerk posted:

found this in there, rogean sells penis pumps

I clicked it, doesn't work here either. Now where am I going to get my penis pump jobs? :boehner:

But.. looking up the IP address for penispumpjobs.com:

IP Address Country Region City ISP
66.55.145.2 United States New Jersey Piscataway Rogean Technologies Llc

compared to eqemulator.org:

IP Address Country Region City ISP
108.61.129.170 United States New Jersey Piscataway Rogean Technologies Llc

now all we need to do is uncover the RMT -> penis pump pipeline and Rogean will be ruined!

cmdrk
Jun 10, 2013

a real jerk posted:

are you guys trying to click on an imgur picture to go to a website

what

by clicked I mean I, erm, brought up the Windows On-Screen Keyboard (tm) clicked the letters until it gave me that internet website or lackthereof.

cmdrk
Jun 10, 2013
i started a wizard on blue for soloing.

i am not a smart man :smith:

cmdrk
Jun 10, 2013

Pratan posted:

As a wizzy, you can and should start quadding at 20. At that level you don't need a snare spell to kill stuff, only a sow. I highly recommend getting a flux staff to help pull. Hit me up on Thistledown after Tuesday of next week and I'll help you get one (currently on holiday).

good to know regarding quadding. tflux staff sounds great, I may take you up on that! my name in game is Haughty.

I'm actually enjoying the wizard solo playstyle of spend all of my mana burning poo poo down then tab out and do other poo poo while I med.

cmdrk
Jun 10, 2013

Meatgrinder posted:

I've been searching for this but I haven't been able to find any useful or practical information, so I thought I'd ask you guys: does anyone here have any experience with running p1999 on other platforms like an android tablet? Does anyone know if this is at all feasible?

android tablets typically can't run Windows programs because they usually use a different CPU architecture. I'm sure there are some emulators out there but trying to run EQ would be dogslow if its possible at all. and, yeah, EQ is pretty keyboard/mouse driven so you'd need to solve that as well.

cmdrk
Jun 10, 2013

moolchaba posted:

Got my beer replicator. drat thing only procs one beer at a time. It's supposed to give me a full stack per click.

CAN THESE DEVS DO ANYTHING RIGHT??!!!!????

oh my god, the guy finally spawns in Unrest?

cmdrk
Jun 10, 2013
got my wiz on blue up to 25, got a tflux staff and working on a Staff of the Wheel.

something is strangely appealing about burning mobs until OOM then going AFK while I regen mana.

if anyone in the 20s wants to kill stuff I'll be around! just send a /tell to Haughty

cmdrk
Jun 10, 2013
the luclin era elemental models that actually tried to make the elementals look like something were bad and the designers should feel bad.

cmdrk
Jun 10, 2013

Inimicul posted:

Depending on how much you hate life, everyone can play over their tethered cell phone hot spots. It's not much data usage and only a bit more lag.

this actually works really well.

cmdrk
Jun 10, 2013

Zodium posted:

how does this go down? :raise:

a friend had an IP exemption and used it once to transfer a few items between accounts. GMs detected the boxing fairly quickly and confronted him about it within minutes. He admitted to it, resulting in a "light" 30 day ban as I recall.

my guess/memory is that they make you do different things at the same time on each account to prove it.

cmdrk fucked around with this message at 14:55 on Dec 29, 2016

cmdrk
Jun 10, 2013
anyone have suggestions for where to quad in the early 30s as a Wizard?

finally got my Staff of the Wheel as well, woot. questing is a helluva drug.

cmdrk
Jun 10, 2013
thanks for the suggestions folks. Bird town is OK, but I'm getting a lot of resists and the mob levels seem to vary wildly. Gnolls tend to always be camped during my play hours though sometimes freebie quest scrolls are rotting while passing by, so that's a plus.

I do indeed have a tflux staff, which has made quadding in LOIO a breeze until I got into an internet fight with some other neckbeards who felt i was stealing their roamers :yayclod: Ah well, I think I'll try OOT next in my Kunark adventure!

I've come to really enjoy solo WIZ for multitasking while my mana regens. OTOH, grouping is OK too -- safer but slower. I feel like I need a reasonable level advantage on the mobs however to actually land nukes and not be completely useless. I actually had my first experience grouping with one of *those* wizards -- who was apparently AFK the whole time without telling anyone when the tank overpulled and we died. That was fun.

cmdrk
Jun 10, 2013
is there a non-carpal tunnel inducing way to play a bard on p1999? like, any way to macro song twists without getting banned? i've always imagined it would be fun to play one in a group setting but so far I've only made it to level 5 and flirted with hand injuries.

cmdrk
Jun 10, 2013
to the goon dungeon crawling in Paw with me tonight (i'm Haughty): that was a lot of fun even if we nearly wiped.

cmdrk
Jun 10, 2013
ok, sure will do! i'm down for any dungeon crawl.

cmdrk
Jun 10, 2013

DrPossum posted:

you rock. Thanks for the stuff!

Yeah no prob! My buddy snagged the AC in South Ro and got me some JBoots today, trying to pay it forward a tiny bit hehe.

cmdrk
Jun 10, 2013
i'm so bad at hell levels. been stuck at 40 on Haughty for like 2 weeks now. sigh. I'm gonna murder every last goddamn yeti in DL, though.

cmdrk
Jun 10, 2013
started playing Haughty a bit again recently. someone showed me a neat trick for pulling quads in Dreadlands. basically: bind ontop of KC's roof, pull your quad, gate, and jump down into the strangely hollow-why-didnt-they-put-a-roof-on-this-place middle of the castle.

nothing paths there and if you get into trouble, you can zone to KC by hugging the (west?) wall.

right now it's debatable whether or not that's actually effective, since Yetis outside of the tunnel are fairly safe and pretty consistent :shrug:

cmdrk
Jun 10, 2013
i guess I've come around on the holy trinity of classic/kunark/velious. I wouldn't mind parts of Luclin at this point, namely focus effects on items and AAs.

cmdrk
Jun 10, 2013

Sankis posted:

Holy poo poo.

The guy camping the courier in Ill Omen watched me die despite me repeatedly asking for help. That annoyed me. I got it in my head that I was going to spite camp the courier at the pillars to somehow stick it to him.

Third courier I kill drops the ring.

I'm a 25 mage. What gear should I get? I'm still mostly newbie gear aside from chest, helm and hands.

Hahah, karma's a bitch. Yeah definitely get the focus items if you haven't already. I also recommend a Choker of Majdd for perma see-invis (handy w/ air pet). and jboots because, well, jboots.

cmdrk
Jun 10, 2013
I've thought about joining as well, but I just can't bring myself to abandoning Unknown Guild!

cmdrk
Jun 10, 2013

Summit posted:

Anyone got a copy of Hungry Earth or Words of Material? Got some Words of Spirit from merchants in Oasis but haven't found Material yet.

I have a shitload of necro words on Haughty, if I see you on, I'll dump all of them on you. I bank every component I find for research-only spells.

cmdrk fucked around with this message at 04:50 on Aug 23, 2017

cmdrk
Jun 10, 2013
ahah. I'm still making good use of that 10k you gave Haughty afterwards.

sadly been in a funk and haven't played in a while.

cmdrk
Jun 10, 2013
i actually ended up logging on last night and exploring CoM with my 45 wiz. and by exploring i mean dying to a spooky ghost shortly after entering the zone and getting lost.

i love this game.

if you ever see Haughty on, send me a /tell and lets kill some poo poo in some random zone!

cmdrk
Jun 10, 2013

Uziduke posted:

Is there a discord goons use for this game?

there's a p1999 discord. I think this is the right link: https://discordapp.com/invite/F8dKySK

however i don't know if any goons use it.

anyhow, i'd be down with my 45 WIZ and my friend has a 47? DRU if anyone wants to dungeon crawl later in the week.

cmdrk fucked around with this message at 03:12 on Oct 24, 2017

cmdrk
Jun 10, 2013

Pillow Armadillo posted:

Erudite Prexus worshipper, someone make use of my Terrorantula silks so I don’t have to

i have a ERU SHD friend who can craft the steelsilk. not sure if he can do the good-aligned stuff tho?

cmdrk
Jun 10, 2013
I'm logging in from time to time with Haughty. I wouldn't mind an officer status, at least. Would be nice to be able to tag people.

cmdrk
Jun 10, 2013
i'm on with my wizard. let me know if anyone needs ports or starter cash. send tells to Haughty

cmdrk
Jun 10, 2013
Druids of any race are solid. There's tons of them, but you can make a little bit of plat porting people around if you decide it's tunnelquest time instead of grinding.

cmdrk
Jun 10, 2013

DeathSandwich posted:

People assume you're going to be stuck in a friendless groupless solo ghetto

and if you play a Wizard, they would be correct.

cmdrk
Jun 10, 2013

Herv posted:

Here's a link to the official thread:

https://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=290912

Basically if you had a Deez Nutz, even if it was an 8 year old main, you got a randomly generated name.

Folks like 'Lookmyfeet' were also caught up in the wave as well, unfortunately.

You can petition for a name you choose, fwiw.

Ahahah, oh my. That's hilarious. I just checked all of my characters.. seemingly no name changes for now. Almost all of them are some random adjective.

cmdrk
Jun 10, 2013
gratz indeed

cmdrk
Jun 10, 2013
so I finally hit 49 on Haughty and I'm working toward being able to craft Ice Comet.

would you guys mind checking your banks to see if you have any Rune of Frost or Rune of the Astral? I've got 3x Frost right now but 0 astral. Research at 160, almost there!

cmdrk
Jun 10, 2013
indeed, thanks. I've got the Staff of the Wheel (Tarton's staff) since it's a nice 1HB (+10 INT / +10 Mana? hell yeah), but I'm kinda considering doing that quest again if all else fails. Frost runes seem to be easy to come by but Astral seems to be a bit harder.

cmdrk
Jun 10, 2013

FayGate posted:

You can't combine a quested component with a dropped one. Just an fyi.

oh poo poo. great to know, thanks!

cmdrk
Jun 10, 2013

Inimicul posted:

The weirdest event I remember from live is some guy organized a Gnome run. He invited everyone on the server to roll a level 1 gnome and meet in the EC tunnels. People would volunteer for ports, etc. The objective was to get a few hundred gnomes together to run through Kith and Lavastorm and jump into the lava.

clearly it was a ritual sacrifice for one of the many UNSOLVED QUESTS.

cmdrk
Jun 10, 2013

acidblue posted:

I’m sure population is low, so I have a feeling I’ll be soloing.

if you stick to the "golden path" dungeons (Crushbone -> Unrest -> Mistmoore -> City of Mist) you'll be able to find a group no problem unless you have a euro play time.

cmdrk
Jun 10, 2013
i just made a monk. human.. PL'd her to 24 with my DRU buddy

she's fun

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cmdrk
Jun 10, 2013
awesome dude. welcome back