Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tashan Dorrsett
Apr 10, 2015

by Deplorable exmarx

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tashan Dorrsett
Apr 10, 2015

by Deplorable exmarx
Red server highlights

<<You have now entered the Pro-Click zone>>

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1y48ITnS1jk + http://fox40.com/2015/03/23/woman-hospitalized-after-brutal-medieval-mace-attack/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8z3EMkz97Ks
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XAXCiKFEpFM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jT17uFri5F0

Tashan Dorrsett
Apr 10, 2015

by Deplorable exmarx

Siets posted:

I didn't show up for any Velious events because they were massively confusing and I knew it would just be a shitshow full of corpse runs fighting unkillable Empire at full force.

Also, how do I fight a bard as a monk? Every fight with a bard has just gone completely one-sided against me. Within seconds I have a million songs landing on me that I don't know what they do, I'm running at snail speeds, and unable to melee them. Can songs be dispelled with pumice? Also I have 100+ MR but the songs seem to hit me instantly every time. It seems hopeless.

vvv That's what I figured. :negative:

Event was horrible, yeah you guys missed nothing. I spent from launch to midnight unable to login with 20 empire getting dkp to camp my bind all night while I played my lowbies, because I emberassed Colgate on their stream. At no point did the staff think it would be a good idea to have any sort of CSR presence on launch. Go figure.

As a monk there is nothing you will ever be able to do against a good bard without your own bard. 1v1 the only thing that can kill a bard is another bard or a wizard who gets incredibly lucky with yonders, but even then only if the bard is bad. One of my hobbies is to grief tstaff monks with my naked bards. Bring your own bard with you or engage them indoors if you want a chance.

Tashan Dorrsett
Apr 10, 2015

by Deplorable exmarx

Myrddin_Emrys posted:

SO I was burnt out and haven't logged into red for about 3 months. Today I logged in to find Velious, Good Guys are no more, my friends it looks like have gone to TMO, who the gently caress are TMO? what's happening on Red fellas?

Holocaust is Empire and now the dominant force/zerg on the server. Other Guys is their alt guild and Kingsguard is their 55 twink/griefer guild. TMO is a top blue server guild that moved to red server pretty recently. Currently the server's undergeared resistance guild. Good guys disbanded and most of their members are currently applying to TMO. Azrael is reforming, but many of their members went to TMO. Fresh is gone, thunderdome is the server leveling guild. Friends and Slosh are still around, while Flowers of Happiness is MIA. Lite is back, and there are rumors Nizzar will return. Most goons including myself are in TMO or unguilded right now, but there's definitely goons in Empire.

Tashan Dorrsett fucked around with this message at 19:30 on Aug 2, 2015

Tashan Dorrsett
Apr 10, 2015

by Deplorable exmarx

shirunei posted:

Who cares stuff still blinks before going off and you should have a rough estimate on buff timers just from experience. also GINA

Multiple GM's have made forums posts in the past saying GINA is against the rules because reasons, and they might start banning for it, and knowing them it will be done all ninjalike like this patch. Same with maps.

Tashan Dorrsett fucked around with this message at 20:16 on Aug 9, 2015

Tashan Dorrsett
Apr 10, 2015

by Deplorable exmarx

A Mean Cow posted:

They recently implemented the patch to kill Luclin character models from being used on your own client, which upset a lot of people including myself. Never mind that you can still download Luclin high-rez environment textures, enhanced lighting and a host of other post-luclin graphic mods. The reasoning is it's not authentic to the classic experience. The actual reason is it allows trolls and ogres to get on top of some buildings which may allow an advantage in PvP servers. In other words nobody wanted to be bothered to fix it or deal with the several complaints a year it may make.

people also were using it to duck out of tstaff procs on the pvp server among other things which was a p big deal

Hoppy Goodness posted:

Minamata here. Is there an updated list of who's all on Red these days? I've been gone a while...

Hardon = Anime

Tashan Dorrsett
Apr 10, 2015

by Deplorable exmarx
Oh hey I had no idea you guys were goons, I was the shaman in that group Gnoll incase you couldn't tell I was a goon from my barely comprehensible and probably-the-manifestation-of-a-deep-rooted-mental-illness OOC ramblings -- Sup brewskis

Tashan Dorrsett fucked around with this message at 19:39 on Aug 21, 2015

Tashan Dorrsett
Apr 10, 2015

by Deplorable exmarx

Zaphod42 posted:

Why do illusion spells break when you zone? Its definitely intentional design since normal buffs carry through zones. Is there some way you could exploit that or something?

I just remember in vanilla being screwed when my dark elf enchanter zoned through freeport and got caught by a guard with my illusion down. Right now I'm playing a good character so its no big deal, but I'm curious why it was deemed necessary in the first place.

You're putting too much thought into this, remember you're talking about Everquest, the game that puts +int on druid planar gear. EQ was from an era before RPG's were streamlined into bear rear end turn-in quests gearscores and LFG que buttons. A time when you could order Pizza Hut without tabbing out of your game.

Tashan Dorrsett
Apr 10, 2015

by Deplorable exmarx

Myrddin_Emrys posted:

poo poo Gnoll your a goon too? Get yourself into Thunderdome, it seems we have more goons there then we thought. Infact I thought I was the only one until I saw Laharah post here today. You did a good job with us last night, and I hope you had as much fun as I did, because I was having a blast. MM has always been my favourite zone since the early days, and I always get a buzz grouping there.

Yeah Gnoll's in Thunderdome, I just roll in /anon because of my sweet NPC name. Thunderdome is definitely the guild new goons should be tagging in though! They have constant leveling groups and really helpful and dedicated players like Avomon. For returning players who miss <SLAMDUNKATRON> you will find yourself right at home in <THUNDERDOME>. It's basically the same guild minus the goon /gu banter, but they actually get things done unlike us lazy goons. There is no reason to be untagged, or tagged in any other guild if you're below level 50 UNLESS you want to PK all the thunderdome people while you're leveling!

I've been on red server for a while, Gnoll's just a new alt account I'm working on. Definitely had a great time grouping with you guys and I'm glad to hear you guys are both liking the red server! If either of you (or any goons!) end up sticking around on here don't hesitate to message me on my main Anime. I especially go out of my way to help new players who last long enough to get to level 50+, and I run nightly small 1-2 group raids that poo poo out bard gear like nobody's business that no bards ever show up to and take maybe a half hour. I used to main a bard and I'm good at bard PVP so I can also answer any questions you have about the class/what and how to farm etc.

Tashan Dorrsett fucked around with this message at 23:12 on Aug 21, 2015

Tashan Dorrsett
Apr 10, 2015

by Deplorable exmarx

MageMage posted:

Dont give fat lutes to Toccatta he'll levitate it stuck on a tree or something lol

Now if you want a real irresponsible bard loving poo poo up just pass all that on down here :p

I have a PVP question -- is it possible to even win against twinks at lower levels? What is your tactic? Out twink?

Hang out with a 60 druid w/ thorns and spam dispels on the twink and they won't be able to do poo poo & will occasionally die if your group has enough melees with SOW.

Survival strategies:
* Remember twink names, remember dungeon safe-spots. Camp or gate when twinks show up in zone. They will be gone in 15 mins tops.
* Carry SOW pots and a spyglass, bury a sow at least 8-10 buffs deep, spam the spyglass when they start pumicing and run like hell for the zoneline. Plug for 15 minutes.
* Get them to train themselves on NPC's then recover your corpse quicker and camp their corpse until Loot n Scoot. hint: doing damage to rogue twinks breaks their invis.
* Group with druids and wizards, have them keep ports on bar to escape when twinks show up in zone (mid level strategy)
* If you are in an outdoor zone/dungeon, have a bard in your group. Selo's song > twinks.

Not dying to twinks is the best form of PVP, they put a lot of time and effort into their characters and the thing that makes them the most mad is not getting kills. Most of them are mediocre players who twink because they're bad at 60's pvp, so it's easy to get a lot of them to make mistakes. Oddly enough, the highest score PK twink ever on the server used some cheapo 500p sword, blackened iron, and didn't break rules or grief newbies who don't know the rules.

Tashan Dorrsett fucked around with this message at 18:11 on Aug 22, 2015

Tashan Dorrsett
Apr 10, 2015

by Deplorable exmarx
Shameless plug: <TMO> is looking for 50+ members on the red server who are interested in raiding. We've been silently doing our thing behind the shadows letting the server think we're dead, but we've repaired our relationship with empire and are fielding solid numbers and beginning to work on new content. We could really use a goddamn shaman (I don't think we have a single shaman that isn't an alt) we're low on wizards, and more clerics/rogues are always top priority, but every class is welcome. !!we are no longer only running raids that gently caress over tunare faction classes!!

On another note, if there's any goons who play on Red who I don't already know about, you should come out of the woodwork and send me a tell on Anime. Especially if you were in <SLAMDUNKATRON> (I'm Hardon Collider)

Tashan Dorrsett fucked around with this message at 20:34 on Sep 27, 2015

Tashan Dorrsett
Apr 10, 2015

by Deplorable exmarx

Ashenden posted:

Curious to hear what you guys are doing, not so interested in the idea of being buddies with Empire but I guess it's how you have to survive on Red99. 54 Monk / 52 Bard here.

We've been farming Halls of Testing, Plane of Growth, Velk, and old kunark content for epics and such. Right now we're fielding a solid force on a pretty regular basis, but we're maybe 2 or 3 key players away from being able to take on some of the more difficult Velious content. If you want to raid and experience Velious with a tight knit crew of 35-45 instead of whatever Empire's doing, definitely consider throwing in an app.

ekeog posted:

Haha, same - after Empire spent two months constantly shittalking and warring with TMO and generally being the terrible, cheating, RMTing people we all know Empire to be, it's a little odd to hear.

We're not all buddy buddy with Empire -- it's just that they stopped griefing our raids and their leadership's now holding their members accountable and kicking people who grief us. A lot of the initial drama between TMO and Empire was caused by us allowing players they don't like to apply to (not join) the guild, and from Tiggles' poo poo talk. Not a single one of those players made the cut to member, and Tiggles went back to blue, so it's not like they have any reason to grief us these days.

Tashan Dorrsett fucked around with this message at 19:44 on Sep 28, 2015

Tashan Dorrsett
Apr 10, 2015

by Deplorable exmarx

aparmenideanmonad posted:

It's still alive and I'm pretty sure onesixtwo has the leader tag'd character. If someone can get him to log in and transfer it or make some more officers that might be better/easier than wrangling 10 goons onto Red.

Sorry I've been in the hospital and missed all of this. Yevea quit a long time ago and I have access to his accounts. Do you guys still need officer tags or do you want me to log on Yevea to petition scoobs as the new GM? Or did you guys figure something out?

E: oh, fizzpop had GM and I don't have that account, but it looks like yevea hooked you guys up. BTW I know you're not coming back but if you ever do I'll hook it the gently caress up with gear yev :)

(Yes, I shamelessly stripped your accounts. My rogue is pretty loving pimped out. I still have all the hard to get bard goodies stashed tho.)

Tashan Dorrsett fucked around with this message at 21:10 on Oct 26, 2015

Tashan Dorrsett
Apr 10, 2015

by Deplorable exmarx
I'm going to be leveling my cleric 51-60 on a "when i'm bored and my guild doesn't need my rogue" basis on red if anyone's in that level range and wants easy groups.

I'll trade someone a velium bar (250p) for a few xfers so I can get gear on him.

Send anime a tell if you're interested in either!

Tashan Dorrsett
Apr 10, 2015

by Deplorable exmarx

Have Some Flowers! posted:

Yep, that's us! We've been playing a few nights a week, currently out and around City of Mist in the 52-54 range. We've been charm fighting for really fast/easy exp. Adding a healer lets us go crazy.

I think our Ranger is out of town for a week, but we'll be wrapping up here soon and heading to either The Hole, HS or Chardok next I think.

Look for Badtown (me), Woops, Scoobs and Hiroyuki if you're around.

Cool I had appointments all morning but my main's name is Anime and my Cleric is Blackzilla. I still have a little legwork to do on him (missing kunark spells) but that's not too far out of the way from COM if you guys are still there. What timezones/times are you guys normally active? I can get on during most normal people hours pacific time and I'm taking another week or two off work, but I raid a lot of days around EST prime-time. Do you guys use teamspeak? I usually try to stay logged off p99 unless I have something to do, and checking teamspeak channels for signs of life's usually the best way to go about that.

Tashan Dorrsett
Apr 10, 2015

by Deplorable exmarx
Welp anime's suspended so i'll be on my cleric leveling for the next week, to the goons who kept catching me while i'm raiding. If anyone wouldn't mind logging on hardon and porting me that would be awesome because I've wasted 3 hours watching youtube videos and trying to get my corpse while the firiona vie shuttles glitch out (bonus points: you get access to my naked port druid)

Tashan Dorrsett
Apr 10, 2015

by Deplorable exmarx
Not going to lie, i was pretty mad when I spent 5 hours on the event and had all the quest items poof when i got to the final turn-in.

They also despawned the quest npc's when my group was doing the final turn in and half of us didn't get to complete it. That's with a bard, 2 porters and a rez.

GM's troll'd us hard.

Tashan Dorrsett fucked around with this message at 07:44 on Nov 1, 2015

Tashan Dorrsett
Apr 10, 2015

by Deplorable exmarx

Haukadalur Geezer posted:

Look, Goons, EQ was never meant to be a PVP game, but I'm going to try out red with you anyway...

I'm 0-25 or something this season on a decked out rogue because I could care less about pvp, and p99 red is still the best emu server.

Tashan Dorrsett
Apr 10, 2015

by Deplorable exmarx
Any loser nerds on red who are over level 46 and want to raid and turn this server into the blue server without welfare lines and ridiculous time commitments to get loot, apply to <TMO> at https://themysticalorder.net Start your journey of collecting stupid elf pixels and leeching raid exp from ToV/PoG & become an elf game legend! We also do classic and kunark content, kael/velks/etc, and we now have a Planes of Mischief call-of-the-hero bot. We raid at normal hours that won't leave you vitamin D deficient & welcome everyone from the brownest of tubesockers to the filthiest casuals. <SLAMDUNKATRON> is also welcome to join us for stuff if any of you guys ever want to see endgame content and get sweet gear to lord over Norrath's peasants but keep your guild tags :)

We are currently friendly to <Pandemonium> and KOS to the rest of the server. There are also some zones where we are friendly with <Empire> and <Prophets of Slosh> but in most of the world it's open game.

Any class is welcome, but the highest in demand are currently enchanter/cleric/rogue/paladin/shadowknight/bard and any port class (especially ones with OT hammers.) we have 0-1 active paladin/sk mains and almost no bards, which means you'll be showered in loot.

tonight alone we got all of this with a medium sized crew in just a few hours:
Unadorned Chain Coif
Unadorned Chain Bracer
Tattered Silk Boots
Unadorned Plate Greaves
Unadorned Leather Sleeves
Unadorned Chain Tunic
Unadorned Leather Cap
Tattered Silk Gloves
Unadorned Leather Tunic
Tattered Silk Robe
Unadorned Plate Bracer

Tashan Dorrsett fucked around with this message at 08:49 on Nov 4, 2015

Tashan Dorrsett
Apr 10, 2015

by Deplorable exmarx

Zaphod42 posted:

drat, this is kinda tempting. I only just got my druid up to group teleport levels on blue though and I don't feel like leveling druid again on red, but I also don't feel like playing without ports or playing a wizard. :cheeky: Is there an easy teleport service on Red like dial (or is dial on red?) or does the pvp environment gently caress that up?

I also kinda like SK but I'm usually too drunk to tank properly. Could play like a necro or enchanter I guess but I'd miss the ports.

There isn't anything like dial-a-port, but global OOC makes it easy to find ports (off-peak can be a challenge) and if you're in a guild there's usually at least one or two people who aren't doing anything important who have a druid/wiz alt.

You progress very quickly on red, there isn't much at all to lose if you end up trying the server and liking it more. A lot of my friends abandoned characters with years of progress and millions of plat on blue to come to red and the overwhelming majority of them have stayed + not regretted it.

ChadBroChill17 posted:

I have a 58 druid on red that I'm trying to get back into (Ainwein). Feel free to hit me up if you need anything.

I just joined TMO today. So sick of loving Friends/Empire.

Hell yeah, broh! It's good to see some familiar faces from my earlier days on red!

Tashan Dorrsett
Apr 10, 2015

by Deplorable exmarx

I think we're gonna do this! We have a bunch of mid 50's and most of them are desired classes, so it should work out nicely.

Awesome! I can get you guys (or anyone) in on a raid sometime if you want to see what we're about before you apply if you want, too.

Tashan Dorrsett
Apr 10, 2015

by Deplorable exmarx

Sounds good, I'll start the app tonight. Should I put 'anime' as the referral on it? We'll get you that sweet referral signing bonus. Free set of knives?

Nah I don't get anything out of it, I'm mostly pushing recruitment because we're pretty close to starting to deck alts out in ntov gear and I don't like seeing stuff rot!

We're also low on magicians! We have a few consistent ones but they don't really need gear anymore. It's going to be a lot easier to get an epic pet soon when kunark dungeon revamps come out!!

Tashan Dorrsett
Apr 10, 2015

by Deplorable exmarx

Maed posted:

This is really tempting as I love magicians but I hate making mod rods.

the sad truth is, until you get an epic pet (still a lot of work, but soon to have a lot less roadblocks) you're a coth/modrod bitch. with faction in the right zones, magicians can do some crazy pulls too. for instance having an epiced factioned mage allows us to fight the chardok bosses at the zone-in, and do some sneaky things in kael.

Tashan Dorrsett
Apr 10, 2015

by Deplorable exmarx

Zaphod42 posted:

Is there a tunnel market on Red? If so people would just roll through and murder everybody, right? So I'm guessing you're just vendoring everything?

Everyone mules everything on random leveled characters at freeport bank and trades from there using global ooc. Some people pvp there but it's not bad if your mule is under level 50.

FranktheBank posted:

My cleric is 53, TDome tagged though. I would be down for raiding after this week.

Also close to 50 druid.

Awesome! Message Blackzilla in game (or Anime if it's later next week when I'm unsuspended) and I'll hook you up! Or you can message Darkdeath/Xepiz/Jjlent/Toleez in game and tell them I sent you their way.

Maed posted:

They actual let you dps with an epic pet or do you just send it in and cast more mod rods?

Epic magicians are some of the best dps classes in the game and there's a lot of benefits to having the damage come from a pet. Magicians become PvE monsters when they get their epic pets (still poo poo in PvP)

Tashan Dorrsett fucked around with this message at 02:04 on Nov 5, 2015

Tashan Dorrsett
Apr 10, 2015

by Deplorable exmarx

NotWearingPants posted:

that stuff doesn't even have stats!

http://wiki.project1999.com/Prestidigitator%27s_Robe
http://wiki.project1999.com/Wolf_Caller%27s_Breastplate
http://wiki.project1999.com/Prestidigitator's_Sleeves

here's the ones we turned in already :)

Tashan Dorrsett
Apr 10, 2015

by Deplorable exmarx

NotWearingPants posted:

If Everquest PVP sucks, and PVP almost never happens on the Red server anyway, and the Blue server has a much larger population, what are the reason to play on Red rather than Blue?

(I just started on blue around a month ago so it's not too late to switch)

when you hit level 60, the blue raiding scene is spending hours waiting for 1 npc to spawn, which you kill in about a minute, and you're waiting in line behind 100's of people for loot. a year or two later when you get all the cool loot, the only thing it's good for is standing in the EC tunnel and showing off to people who are AFK.

red server is running around killing dragons with your bro's, because there's a lot less competition for targets and guilds don't have "rights" to them before they even spawn. Anyone can kill any mob and contest other guilds with PvP. There's always something fun to do with enough players on.

more importantly, even if you choose not to partake or care about pvp, just having it on the server forces people to form friendships/rivalries/etc that actually mean something. i never felt that on blue99/ayonae ro/xegony.

even on the lower end there are huge benefits, such as not having to wait for camps, usually having as many camps as your group can handle available in any zone, not having to wait in massive welfare-lines for items like holgresh elder beads/alliance necks, etc.
8th ring is usually booked out a week on blue, and half the time it isn't camped on red.

exp's really quick over here, you can be 60 getting nToV gear in a month if you're active.

Tashan Dorrsett fucked around with this message at 06:20 on Nov 5, 2015

Tashan Dorrsett
Apr 10, 2015

by Deplorable exmarx

NotWearingPants posted:

I guess I should try both then.

Both servers have their ups and downs, this really is the best idea especially since you don't have a *ton* of time committed. Would suck to get invested in one server and then realize you like the other better. Worst case scenario, you're allowed to 2box between red and blue, so it gives you something to do whenever you need to auction in EC if you decide you like blue the best :)

Tashan Dorrsett
Apr 10, 2015

by Deplorable exmarx
another 13 pieces of loot from 3 hours of NTOV tonight, including a soon-to-be server first (p99 first?) bard skyshrine BP. good thing a bunch of you guys who applied play druids, we're running out of people to give leather gear to! all these drops means there will be a lot of gem farming going on in the near future, which is a great opportunity for people on the 50-60 stretch to get EXP!

Tashan Dorrsett fucked around with this message at 08:05 on Nov 5, 2015

Tashan Dorrsett
Apr 10, 2015

by Deplorable exmarx

aparmenideanmonad posted:

Whoa whoa whoa, I'm happy goons are having fun in TMO on red but lets not get too crazy with the propaganda. You aren't killing anything in NToV (that would be Empire), you're farming armor mobs in EToV. There's a bajillion Skyshrine BPs of all stripe on blue and the only reason you might have the first one on Red is that Empire bards are too busy destroying their CoV faction on NToV mobs and getting sleeper's keys to be bothered with them.

That said, I really do hope some goons go check this out cause it's a good time to be new on red and TMO is a great guild for players new to the high level scene.

Yeah I meant eToV, missed that late night phonepost autocorrect :(

We have an agreement with empire that we farm ToV on different nights in exchange for not contesting a few spawns, don't read too hard into the forums questing. It's mutually beneficial, since we're the only force on the server even close to being capable of contesting them for, or shutting them out of content (we're just not interested in doing so) and they need the high-volume loot from eToV to placate their masses who aren't the ones in cliques or 70%+ attendance regularly seeing big ticket loot. We had no issues farming eToV before this agreement ever happened and you'd be foolish to believe Empire isn't benefiting from it as well.

quote:

Last night people sat around for an hour past raid time waiting for Empire to decide to stop killing them.
The delay was actually due to Empire having trouble finishing up their PvE on time. PvP happened while people got bored of waiting for 1 mage to coth 70+ people.

Empire's the only/obvious choice if you want the best pixels and don't care how long you're waiting in line to see them. But I'm well aware that there are a lot of goons playing/returning who aren't interested in Empire. TMO offers an alternative for players who want to play with a smaller tight knit crew that's still capable of doing velious PvE content at a laid back pace. Nobody else on the server is really going anywhere.

Tashan Dorrsett fucked around with this message at 22:44 on Nov 5, 2015

Tashan Dorrsett
Apr 10, 2015

by Deplorable exmarx

ChadBroChill17 posted:

I'm just playing devil's advocate (And FWIW, I tagged with TMO yesterday), but unless I'm completely missing something, there's absolutely nothing TMO could do to contest Empire, period. Every time they've tried they get beat down (It's a zerg that was farming VP for years. To be expected), and this 'agreement' seems pretty much like Empire saying 'We won't kill you if you want Dozekar loot, because we catch so much poo poo for snuffing out any possible competition and the server is dying'. If they decided to reneg on the agreement, they could push TMO out of the one section of the one zone in Velious that they've given them permission to raid in with zero consequence (Although I think we got Vindi once so woo). And this is before everyone of their mains/alts is running around with primals, which no one outside of that guild will probably ever see.

NToV is a loot pinata. If you add in WToV, Kael, ST, Growth, Dain, and all that good stuff... I can't imagine that they care about the pain in the rear end quests in HoT. That's not taking into consideration the fact that their entire guild is killing dragons all day, so no idea how they'd do turn ins.

(gently caress Empire)

No, thank you for playing devil's advocate, the last thing I want to do is misrepresent <TMO> to you guys. I'm making these posts because based on my time as officer and unofficial stint as leader of <SLAMDUNKATRON> I feel like this guild is a good fit for a lot of the goons I used to play with in dunk. I waited 6+ months before pimping <TMO> out to goons, just to be sure. I don't get pixels or special favors or anything for recruiting people.
Disclaimer: we harbor a few genuinely awful nerd personas, but the vast majority of the cringeworthy members are inactive at this point, and it's not like you'll find less aspergers in any other guild that isn't Slosh. We're the pickiest guild on the server when it comes to membership (sans small guilds like Slosh) but unlike slamdunkatron, we tolerate massive nerds if they have enough level 60 characters and help people and stuff. Really the only thing I dislike about this guild, but it's necessary to get anything done + worse everywhere else on the server.

quote:

Every time they've tried they get beat down (It's a zerg that was farming VP for years. To be expected), and this 'agreement' seems pretty much like Empire saying 'We won't kill you if you want Dozekar loot, because we catch so much poo poo for snuffing out any possible competition and the server is dying'.

You're missing a lot of the picture. Hell, I am too, really the only people who's word should be taken are the people making these decisions (colgate, darkdeath)
But from my perspective, back when <TMO> was getting crushed and barred from content by <Empire> there were several key differences. Back then <Empire> had a strong vested interest in crushing <TMO> before they got off the ground, due to forumquesting and broken promises made by Tiggles. In addition we ignored their warnings and harbored many players such as the <Friends> core which <Empire> warned us would change their stance towards us. Poor choices were made & that's probably why the people who made them are no longer with us. Members of the leadership who were actually capable of starting a guild from nothing + make good, smart decisions like Darkdeath gained more power/influence and the guild's improved vastly since.

All of those people <Empire> doesn't like, Tiggles included, are gone and <Empire> has largely forgiven us, as we have seen the error of our ways (as a red player, I was also warning <TMO> leadership about these players from the beginning)

In addition our playerbase was largely unorganized and in rags. Back then we could count on having members in our raids relaying our raid directives to <Empire> leadership, intentionally training/wiping us from within the guild, etc. There wasn't a single PvP fight with <Empire> where they didn't get to cherry pick their encounters and catch us off guard. A force of two or three organized groups can easily destroy a force of 50 who are engaging a raid NPC.

In the time since, we've largely culled the thin-skinned, untrustworthy, and plain bad players from our guild. Many of the remaining core players have rerolled and we have greatly improved our class composition. We've acquired significantly better gear -- we're starting to gear alts with PoG/ToV gear while back then our players were lucky to have planar armor. With classic revamps in, and kunark revamps coming soon a lot of opportunities have arisen for us to acquire key PvP items that had been previously unavailable to us. We're the only other guild on the server who can send out a twitter post and get 30+ people to log on, and they know it. It's a no brainer that in an empty zone 70 of them would crush 30 of us in an instant, but it would only take a few small groups of us to bar them out of any content we wish (except sleeper's, no keys) if that was something we wanted to do. But as a whole none of us really give a poo poo about doing that and we don't have any interest in rocking the boat -- we have a pretty good thing going for ourselves.

Keep in mind when I'm talking about these guilds, I mean to say I'm talking about their leadership -- the opinions and beliefs of both guilds' playerbases is much different.

tl;dr <TMO> isn't the same guild it was a couple months ago. Wow i feel like a pathetic nerd for typing all of that.

Tashan Dorrsett fucked around with this message at 00:48 on Nov 6, 2015

Tashan Dorrsett
Apr 10, 2015

by Deplorable exmarx

I Love You! posted:

So the only problem I currently see with shacking up with TMO is that my crew currently has Pandemonium on farm status

You only have to stop killing them if you take the tag ;)

Tashan Dorrsett
Apr 10, 2015

by Deplorable exmarx
Had a pretty sweet time in Dragon Necropolis after today's ToV sesh. 7 Velious breastplate gem drops, 10+ Circlet of the Falinkan's and Vaniki spawned twice netting us a pair of Willsappers

quote:

There's a bajillion Skyshrine BPs of all stripe on blue and the only reason you might have the first one on Red is that Empire bards are too busy destroying their CoV faction on NToV mobs and getting sleeper's keys to be bothered with them.

looked it up, and I wasn't wrong! we had the p99 first orange robes! and I think there's still some other ToV firsts left to beat the blue server to.

Tashan Dorrsett
Apr 10, 2015

by Deplorable exmarx

Mrens posted:

Monk I played and loved, but I've done it already. I never even considered a DPS class, I remember the endless droning of Rangers LFG and my heart goes out to them.

How does cleric sound as a first class? I've always enjoyed the social aspects of the game, I kinda liked sitting on my rear end doing nothing while everyone else did the heavy lifting while I could chat and only had to work for the first 30 seconds of every fight. I imagine sitting on my rear end dropping CH's every minute would be about the same.

Cleric sounds like a good fit for you then. The only other class like that is wizard. The only real downside is you can't solo so it's nice to have a shaman/ench/mag/nec/dru/etc alt to farm on. You can also just make buddies with enchanters and monks, and duo farm that way.

Tashan Dorrsett
Apr 10, 2015

by Deplorable exmarx

Zaphod42 posted:

Seriously don't loving do it.

pretty much, as someone who mained warrior for like 10 years on live... unless you have a guild or friends willing to twink you out from the beginning, just don't. the time investment to level a warrior without twinkage is insane, and the only payoff is that you get to main tank raids. warriors are rather mediocre at tanking for groups, so without some good proc weapons from a low level it's a struggle.

Tashan Dorrsett
Apr 10, 2015

by Deplorable exmarx
the trick is, you park a character you don't care about in OOT, or you just buy them. if you're on the good (red) server i can loan out a druid that's bound there.

Tashan Dorrsett
Apr 10, 2015

by Deplorable exmarx
Rogue's actually really easy. It's a bit lovely to get past the first few levels without gear, but even with just a basic piercing weapon you're golden. It's a 2 button class (backstab, evade macro) that's one of the most in-demand for raiding and groups, but can't solo. Plus you get the ability to wander through almost every zone and dungeon in the game with zero risk of death which is pretty cool.

If you want to tank 6 man groups, consider Shadow Knight. Much easier than paladin, and much better than warriors for anything but raiding. Also a top tier PVP class if you're red.

Tashan Dorrsett
Apr 10, 2015

by Deplorable exmarx
both servers, login and in game are hosed right now. don't even bother.

edit: <TMO> has now merged with <Pandemonium> under the <TMO> tag!

Tashan Dorrsett fucked around with this message at 06:45 on Nov 11, 2015

Tashan Dorrsett
Apr 10, 2015

by Deplorable exmarx

a real jerk posted:

eek! thought PDM was KOS to the red goons?

Anime(Tashan Dorsett) vs Scoobs(I Love You!) for goon pvp supremacy?

it's really hard to keep anyones name straight on red

You got the names right :)

Yeah, I guess that complicates things a little. I never intended for my recruiting to get in the way of the goon guild. I assume it'll just be the same as we do with other guilds: friends in raids, kos everywhere else. But you guys know I'd never PK a <SLAMDUNKATRON> tag :) You guys are still always welcome to tag along on raids with the <SLAMDUNKATRON> tag, just don't expect such friendliness elsewhere :)

The merger made <TMO> hit the member cap, so would you guys mind if I tag my alts in <SLAMDUNKATRON>?

Tashan Dorrsett
Apr 10, 2015

by Deplorable exmarx
I know Deru better than anyone on p99, and it's pretty funny watching the internet detectives try to guess what actually happened (you're all still pretty far off. I've never given enough of a poo poo to ask him if he actually stripped the banned tmo blue accounts, but he probably did. Beyond that I haven't seen anyone get even remotely close.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tashan Dorrsett
Apr 10, 2015

by Deplorable exmarx

ohno posted:

Fair enough, I don't know if this is 100% true or not. This is just what I heard as a certain staff members perspective, at the time of the drama. They were fairly certain at the time that Derubael had been emptying banned accounts for RMT purposes, which doesn't sound all that far fetched.

Yeah I know him better than the staff. I don't think it's far fetched either, I just don't care enough to ask him about it. But the /reasons/ I see rumored about from people definitely aren't. If anything, it's the exact opposite. But we don't really talk about Everquest poo poo often, even when he was GM.