Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dirt
May 26, 2003

Few pics of the Coldain/Giant event:

All I got out of it was a Platinum Skull Ring. meh

Wasn't really fun either, the mobs were all red to me at 40, and summoned, and would quad for like 180.

I ended up farming dervs in Oasis for the quest drops. I got like 10 total. Nothing but that ring to show for it.

Went into Velious for the first time... It's pretty cool from what I saw. Very big zones, tons of people.
Stuff is mean there though, with crazy MR. Like I could barely land nukes on blue con mobs(like 1 out of 5 tries would land). Couldn't get Malise(magic debuff) to land ever either.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dirt
May 26, 2003

I hate this game sometimes.

Died in TT, no clue where my corpse is. Whoever thought of making a zone full of see invis, faster than SOW frogs, in a zone where you cant see 20 feet in front of you, is a dick.

Siets ,if you are around later today, if you could hop on Xeriak, Ill give you some cash to summon my corpse.

Dirt
May 26, 2003

Siets posted:

I can get on anytime. I'll keep tabs on this thread and just post when you are available. Happy to help!

You don't happen to have a coffin or two in your bank do you?

I can go make a level 1 DE to buy one, pretty sure I'm KOS in Neriak on all my characters.

It's dumb they only sell them in Neriak, but you can buy the smaller ones(for the level 57 spell) in Paineel.

Dirt
May 26, 2003

Siets posted:

No need to summon if it's in TT. I have spells that let me track and find the corpse easily. You just need to be in the zone with me and then I can run and drag it back to you.

Ok well that makes things easier.

Later on hopefully I can get a evac to EJ from FV, or I can meet you at the TT/Swamp of No hope zone line.

Thanks man.

Dirt
May 26, 2003

Siets posted:

Yeah work on getting that port and post again in the thread when you are there and I can log in and help ya out.

Ok Im logged at the TT/Ej zoneline.

Corpse shouldn't be too far from there, as that's where I was headed when I died.

Let me know when you have some free time man.

Dirt
May 26, 2003

You around at all today, Siets?

Dirt
May 26, 2003

Siets posted:

I can be on in two hours from this post. I will log on Xeirak then and look for you. Just send me a tell. (Let me know if that time does not work for you though.)

Thats perfect man, ill be around. Thank you!

Dirt
May 26, 2003

Conskill posted:

Are all the Goons on Red, or is there some still in Blue? I'm thinking of giving this a whirl for nostalgia sake, but PvP scares and confuses me.

There are a few of us still on Blue.

Send a Tell to Innernette/Doctorsteve/Rottenatomy and ill invite you. Easiest place is get an invite is EC, I always have at least one character logged in the tunnel.

Dirt
May 26, 2003

quote:

Nilbog:

" I'll keep making classic changes when I can, regardless if people threaten to quit. I'm here to recreate classic eq; not to make people happy."

People on the P1999 Forums seem annoyed now. Give it a day or two, and then anyone who complains will be called "entitled".

This community is loving weird.

Everyone from the Devs to the customer service people seem like such dicks haha.

Dirt fucked around with this message at 21:01 on Aug 9, 2015

Dirt
May 26, 2003

So I guess there some some bug with the BFG and/or the seaworthy planking spawns in Iceclad.

So what are they going to do? Delete all BFG/planks from the game, and let the planks spawn again when they fix whatever the bug was.

:lol: @ anyone who spent a ton on MQs.

In other news: Velious has been weird so far. I am pretty surprised by how crazy powerful the stuff coming out velious that is for sale in EC is. Prices are all kinds of crazy. I guess there is a 90+ player "list" for the Holgresh Elder Bead camp. People asking anywhere from 10k to 100k for them :lol:. Guess I won't be getting one.

FBSS has tanked to ~4k. Lots of "good stuff" from before is tanking: GEBs, Runed Cowl, Kunark class armor, etc. Non velium jewlery is being liquidated for below cost prices if you look long enough.

Velious armor is crazy compared to the stuff we had before. It's a good time to make a twink I guess. Prices are wildly inconsistent though. Phase spider carapace went from "Trade for fungi" to 15k in like three days. That crafted monk armor, panther skin whatever went from 10k+ a piece to a 3-4k.

The weirdest one is SCHW's. Seem to be locked around 10k...But you can get a dragonborne sash for 8-9k, and it's actually more haste than the SCHW's.

Basically If you were planning on buying anything, i'd wait.

XP in velious seems to suck.

Also CoM crashed and I can't play my mage. Lame.

Dirt fucked around with this message at 01:52 on Aug 10, 2015

Dirt
May 26, 2003

lemonslol posted:

Someone in my guild told me that he got from 1-31 in 12 hours because he was twinked on a warrior.

Is RMT actually caught often on the server? I remember there was one big bust, but after that anything? If anyone is willing can I get info on RMT?

1 - 31 is probably possible if you buy power leveling or one of those dragon teeth that summons a 44 necro pet at level one.

I don't think just a fungi and twink gear will get you levels that quickly. I mean it might, I did 14 to 21 in a few hours in Kurns on my cleric because I grouped with a dude who spent about 200k on his monk twink.

I think there was a wave of RMT bans awhile back. I have no idea how prevalent it is on the server though.

A lot of people who have been playing a long time are rich as gently caress, so maybe that dude is one of those people.

Dirt fucked around with this message at 21:39 on Aug 11, 2015

Dirt
May 26, 2003

I was curious what stuff costs for actual cash, so I did some google work.

:psyduck:

You can buy 100k plat for like 125 bucks.

How is that even profitable for the people doing the selling? That has to break down to something hilarious when you look at hours per dollar.

I don' t get the point of RMT here. It's a free server. Nothing is really out of reach for anyone other than a few class epics being pretty hard. RMT dorks are not actively loving up the game mechanics either I guess, I also don't get the point when the returns for RMT are so bad.

I'm not really against RMT, it's not a huge deal IMO. I am just glad there isn't random bots sending me tells all day long with links to buy plat for cash like I have seen on Live/EQ2/FFIV/whatever other MMOs I have tried. I actually a made poo poo ton of money due to RMT transactions in Ultima Online as a kid so maybe my view on it is a bit skewed. I bought my first car with UO money :getin:
But that was actually worth the effort from a hours to dollars perspective. But to be fair, I *was* actively involved in a kind of game mechanics manipulation that was pretty shady... Not duping or anything, but me and a few people figured out how to manipulate the spawn rate of a mob that you could tame and sell for obscene amounts of gold, because they were so rare, due to people were manipulating the spawn of them...

Dirt
May 26, 2003

Hybrid XP penalty is still in, will be coming out in a few months I think. They are following "the official" Velious timeline. Basically just going by the patch notes from whenever Velious came out.

The spell at 57, Succor is like a emergency port to somewhere else in that zone.
The other ones, like Succor Ro Or Succor East, Winds of North/South are quick casting emergency ports to those places, but you have to be in a dungeon to cast them I think.

You will get paid a ton at level 39 to port people to DL then run into to KC and evac to EJ.

Dirt
May 26, 2003

Zaphod42 posted:

Friend of mine came over and we were gonna play a bit but it wouldn't let us both log in, I guess because it saw two people on the same IP and they have rules against multiboxing.

So is playing P99 on a LAN like pretty much verboten? Or is there some workaround, or can I like petition a GM or what?

You need to apply for an IP exemption on the p1999 forums I think. They will check on you in game too . One goon got banned for a month awhile back for trying to do a quick transfer with his and his wife's account by himself.

If you actually have two people playing you will be fine if a gm shows up.

Dirt
May 26, 2003

Summoned a :downs: Cylops/Hill Giant hybrid in WC while waiting for a port.

That thing just doesn't look right.

Dirt
May 26, 2003

Sooo I spent a couple hours killing Seafury's in OOT today.

:psyduck:

I get it now. The hype is real.

Dirt
May 26, 2003

Ramulack posted:

How long did it take before you could get this camp? I imagine its a camp and not first to engage?

It's FTE on all mobs there. I use throwing daggers lol.
I never waited, I just got there and started killing.

There was anywhere from 2 to 4 other people there with me. I usually never had much problem finding pulls though. Nobody was a dick either, everyone kinda did their own thing. It does kinda suck though when one Shaman can sit there and kill 5 at once(Root/Epic). It takes sooo long and slows down repops, same with druids/wizards quadding them. The Quadders are quick to kill them though, and then have to sit and med so its not as bad.

Overall though it was way less annoying than doing Hill Giants. I had so many lovely encounters in Rathe Mountains I have lost count. A lot more money too. I made 5k in like ~5 hours between last night and today.

Biggest annoyance there is people killing the tainted Seafury, which spawns a Corrupted Seafury. Those things are red to me at 49, and summon. There were 3 up at one point, but I worked with a couple other dudes there to get rid of them after it got real annoying.

Dirt fucked around with this message at 03:21 on Aug 24, 2015

Dirt
May 26, 2003

This server is run by weirdos.

Dirt
May 26, 2003

Ramulack posted:

The character graphics in eq2 remind me of luck in models. That's most likely why I never gave it a chance...

EQ2:

Erudites turned into aliens instead of black people.

Trolls got skinny.

Halflings/gnomes looked stupid(same as EQ1).

High Elves look cool(like EQ1).

Ratonga was the EQ2 Master race though.

I'd like to see Ratonga on P1999 somehow haha

Sidenote: I am super bored with P1999. I hit 50 like a week ago, and haven't played much since then. I joined some "raid guild" but they seem like weirdos. I think I might take a break for awhile. I just camped my Mage outside Unrest, I might login once in awhile to see if I can grab that Priest of Najena for that stupid cloak quest, but other than that I think I need a break.

Dirt fucked around with this message at 04:41 on Aug 29, 2015

Dirt
May 26, 2003

a real jerk posted:

did you join clue

i joined "anonymous".

I don't recommend them.

Dirt
May 26, 2003

New rules updates!

quote:

RMT (Real Money Trade) Sales
The involvement of any currency, items, or services external to any Project 1999 Server (Including but not limited to: real money (USD, Euro, Etc), regulated or otherwise (Bitcoins), Food/Delivery, Virtual currency of any other game (Platinum on Live or other EQEmulator Servers, Beta Keys for the latest new game, etc)) for any of that Project 1999 server's virtual items or service (Including by not limited to: Items, Platinum, Powerlevelling, Accounts/Characters) is strictly forbidden.
This change was done specifically to disallow the transfer of items or currency between Project 1999 servers. For example (but not limited to), you may no longer transfer Blue Platinum for Red Platinum, and vice versa.

Sooo that's the end of that. Probably going to piss some people off.

Dirt
May 26, 2003

Lakedaimon posted:

How soon are they supposed to (in theory) remove the -40% exp penalty from Hybrids? One person told me a month, another said "a few months". That alone should make a colossal difference to someone levelling up a babby SK.

They are following "the official timeline" so its like 3 months into Velious that it gets removed.

I find it really dumb that they are so anal about timelines for poo poo like that, a basic quality of life change. I mean, a 4 year gap between expansions isn't classic, so whatever, just take it out already.

This server is run by weirdos.

Dirt
May 26, 2003

Erudite necromancer is the best necromancer.

Paineel is awesome too because you can level from about 20 to the mid 40s just on the undead guards. And they drop about 12pp worth of stuff per kill, with no faction hits. When I played my necro I made like 5k going from 20 to 24 there. It's pretty boring though.

Whenever I get around to playing again I think I'm gonna roll an Erudite SK.

Dirt
May 26, 2003

You can probably fear kite in city of mist. I duoed with a SK there a bit (I'm a mage) and we would just fear kite stuff. Temple and arena (need to fd split there) were decent. Stuff should still be blue at 51.
Easy to hop into a group there too.

Could also do Seafurys . Would be slow (tons of hp) but you would make some decent money.

I figured I'd just get a crustacean shell armor set for an Erudite SK. Full set is like +89 stamina and +45 str or somewhere around there. Plus it looks super cool.

Dirt
May 26, 2003

More new rules! :

quote:

With the next patch, all epics will have a level 46 requirement.

There is inconsistent research regarding which epics required level requirements to obtain. Several couldn't be completed until 46 or higher due to level checks on quests or certain steps involving planar zones. It has been noted by the original developers that epic items were intended only for those of higher levels. Additionally, we feel that acquiring an epic weapon should only be possible when a player has become powerful enough to cross interplanar portals. Therefore, we are adding a level requirement of 46 to equip all epic items.

No more Rogue/Shaman twinks with epic I guess.

MQ's will probably still sell for a decent amount though.

Dirt
May 26, 2003

More goons need to play P1999.

You guys missed drunk metal band chat tonight.

Shame.

Dirt
May 26, 2003

Eerkik posted:

I've always been curious about oldschool eq and would love to try this but man is it just too many hoops to jump through to acquire Everquest Platinum. Hell if I could just buy the base game I'd be willing to do that even, but noooooooo

Instead I'll just keep reading this thread and live eq vicariously through somethingawful

Just torrent it like everyone else in this thread did.

Dirt
May 26, 2003

FranktheBank posted:

How useful is Jaundiced set for SHM? I want to try a shaman, but I prefer Iksar to pretty much every other race due to regen and starting area. Iksar cannot wear the armor, I wonder if I am gonna miss out?

It's basically just the Jaundiced Bone Bracer(JBB) anyone gives a poo poo about. It's a clicky 8 second 250ish DD nuke(mana free). Starts working at like 46 I think.

Costs about 15k+ Iksar don't get to use it at all. You can solo fine without it, but it's a nice thing to have I imagine. I use my stupid clicky staff(333/13.5 seconds) on my Mage so goddamn much, and it sucks compared to the JBB.

Dirt
May 26, 2003

HoboTech posted:

Awesome, thanks for the info. I'll try to hit 17 after work and then make the run to EC to see who's around. Should I just start shouting to see who's a goon? I'd love to have people to shoot the poo poo with while camping, and the last person I interacted with tried to do erotic roleplay with me. That kind of scared me off from being social for a while.

There aren't enough goons to go shouting looking for them. Do /w all "Unknown Guild"(with the quotes) and it will show every goon who is online.

Most of the random non goons I have met in this game range from either being pretty cool to really loving weird. Guild chat is fairly entertaining when people are online.

Dirt
May 26, 2003

Every time I login nobody is is online. No fun.

Dirt fucked around with this message at 11:18 on Sep 12, 2015

Dirt
May 26, 2003

Oh hey I'll come snag a few levels during double xp weekend.

50 Mage LFG

Also that hard core pvp server sounds absolutely retarded.

Dirt fucked around with this message at 00:14 on Sep 15, 2015

Dirt
May 26, 2003

Bybus Slago posted:

I'm thinking about getting back into this, just in time for a double exp weekend. I have a 55 mage and 39 monk sitting on blue, and back on live I never really got to experience anything in Velious, so I have no idea where I'd even start. I also have a 2nd account with a lowbie druid and cleric, around levels 10-15, that I might try to get some levels with during the double exp. Could anyone give a brief rundown of what I could start with on my mage for Velious stuff?

I have a 50 Mage on blue. We could probably murder some poo poo as a duo.

Velious XP kinda sucks though. But with double xp it probably is pretty solid.

Dirt
May 26, 2003

Red sounds terrible. Lets make an already miserably long game worse with lovely PvP. weee

I never play anymore. Anyone on blue want my cash/items? I dont have a ton. Maybe ~3k in cash and a CoS and some other random valuable poo poo. My Mage has maybe ~6k in gear, plus some resist gear in the bank.

I should probably give it to Welt or Brererererez or however you spell your drat name. i feel like I hungout with you dudes the most.

Maybe one day ill come back and roll that stupid Erudite SK I wanted to do.

Also did Steeks ever come back? he was my favorite weirdo

Dirt fucked around with this message at 03:18 on Sep 23, 2015

Dirt
May 26, 2003

loving nerds

edit: also for the dude looking for a shovel: Go to CT and kill the gators. You can use any of the 4 items(broom, shovel, torch, stein) just slightly different turn in materials for the quest. They drop rate is waaaay better in CT. Or just buy one in EC for like 100pp

Dirt fucked around with this message at 02:20 on Oct 2, 2015

Dirt
May 26, 2003

So hey. This is Innernette/Doctorsteve/Rottenatomy, I just came back because I'm bored. I twinked up a ranger to a reasonable degree with what cash I had(apparently I got drunk and gave most of my plat away to goons). Currently level 4 in Qeynos killing beetles like a champ haha. will probably get to 9-10 tomorrow

Anyone have an alt that they want to do Warrens/Stonebrunt Mountains with? I barely remember those zones, but I remember them being fun. Or if you want to roll a Qeynos based alt, my 50 Mage is logged in Qeynos and can damage shield buff you so you can catch up to my Ranger pretty quick.

*note I am terrible at this game, and you will probably die a lot grouping with me.

Edit: Anarch, You are my favorite goon fyi

Anarch posted:

Innernette, I got your Silver Swiftblade on the cheap.

Dirt fucked around with this message at 15:20 on Mar 26, 2016

Dirt
May 26, 2003

Some things on this server never change

That dude has been standing there AFK every day for as long I can remember. Doesn't matter the day/time, he is there.

Dirt
May 26, 2003

I never thought boxing was a bad thing until I played on that Everquest Live Progression server awhile back. Literally everywhere I went was dominated by mage box squads. Mage pets were super overpowered, so every box squad was a ton of mages and maybe a druid for ports/heals.

I didn't last long there.

Dirt
May 26, 2003

suuma posted:

Comedy advice: Don't play an Erudite SK.

Actual advice: Try to get to East Commonlands so you can at least snag easy buffs from people hanging out in the tunnel and groups around the area. I'm not sure if Erudite SKs are KOS in all of Freeport, but I think they are in Qeynos (especially if you picked Cazic Thule) so you'll probably need a port (or at least an invis if you plan to run) out of Toxx. There's just not really enough going on on Odus to justify staying there unless you really want to, but with the Warrens open you could at least level a bit there.

I've got like a 6 enchanter (name is Aeto) so I can't give you any handouts, but if you make it to the Commonlands and haven't massively outleveled me we can group at least !

Erudite SK's own. And when you get to level 24ish You can start farming Paineel guards for 10pp per kill, and quickly save enough up for your Circlet of Shadows. If you get to 20ish and still have poo poo gear hit me up and ill give you some stuff. If you just spend 2-3 levels farming guards you can buy A CoS and a full set of armor to last you for a long time.

Dirt fucked around with this message at 23:29 on Apr 1, 2016

Dirt
May 26, 2003

Anarch posted:

Blue diamonds were removed from the elven enchanting process with the last patch.

The items required to make moonlite tempers for High Elf stuff are still an enormous pain in the rear end and are the only thing stopping my Mage from looking awesome in chain mail.
Blue diamonds were just expensive but at least you could find them in EC. Good loving luck finding the three items to make those tempers.

The erudite cultural stuff looks cool as gently caress also.
Is terrorantula silk easier to get now or does it still only drop from one rare mob in South Ro?

Dirt fucked around with this message at 19:02 on Apr 2, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dirt
May 26, 2003

Hexel, do you still play this dumb game?