Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pwnz0r
Sep 21, 2005

Pilsner posted:

Here you go:

/pause 3, /tar Zliz
/pause 1, /doability 1
/stand

For line 1, replace Zliz with your name name. Adjust the /pause 3 according to your lag.
For line 2, replace the /doability 1 with the ability slot you have BW in (1-6)
If you are fighting mobs that start with the same name (ask me about grinding Bouncers in Oggok from level 45-50 ), you can also add:

/attack Bouncer

...on a fourth line to automatically resume attacking, but even without a /pause, I found that the delay (about half a second) between standing and attacking was too long, and I preferred to resume attacking manually.

Oh man, I had no idea you were a goon Zliz !. I actually just messaged your email regarding your Zliz EQMAP for P1999. Is there any way you can update this for velious? I read over your instructions, and I think I may run into issues for the 'dimensions' of the zones. I created a folder called 06Velious, added the map .jpg's, but for the actual .txt files that need stuff like the map dimensions I basically just copy pasted them all from another map and I assume this will make my actual loc showup wrong on the map itself but I wanted to get the map atleast loading the new velious zones so I could see them and at the very least guess where to go etc.

How can I go about getting these dimensions of the zones? Cobalt Scar, Western Wastes, Eastern Wastes, Great Divide, Iceclad Ocean, Skyshrine, City of Thurgadin, Kael Drakkal, The Wakening Land, I left out a lot of the dungeons and such because rarely do I use it in those type of zones. However the big wide open zones like ice clad, E/W wastes, GD, even wakening lands. Would be amazing to have this function again. Please if there is anything you can do, I have red plat or whatever I can donate to you.

For those wondering what I am talking about, He made a wonderful program that reads your logs and uses the /loc in game command to show you where you are on a overlay map. 100% legit, I used it on characters for quillmane farming that had no track etc, just to visually run the lines and find it a few times. Even though I know certain zones, like west karana, or dreadlands, or burning woods for example. I let this run in my background, and sometimes I will just overlay it always on top, fade it a bit. then while im auto running, ill hit my /loc macro, and itll show me where i am, how far off I am from being a certain place etc.

As far as Velious goes...Soon as the world shook last night after the GM event. Everyone had their eyes on the prize for velious, Me and some friends went and knocked out all the kunark content. Got gnarled staff, some neat stuff, soul leech, trunk, strings from CT, CURE SHIELD and other stuff from inny, Green dragon shield and some misc stuff off sev, RBB's off fay. No Dragon Hero bracers unfortunately, but with velious they won't be best for long. Some people might think oh its just kunark content, but gnarled staves cure shields are some of the best drops in game still esp on red, next to an AoN. I snagged the shield, not sure what to do with it may leave it in clerics bags for vyemm or something. I must say though, the whole spell vendor stuff has been a mess so far. I worked my way to wakening lands/SS on a wiz + druid bound there. so I could funnel multiple copies of all the portal spells to friends and people in ooc who needed help. Only to find out the other spells, like level 59 paladin Celestial Cleansing isn't for sale and the vendor apparently won't be there for another month. We did snag 2 copies of aegolism from lodizal at least...Great buff! Can't wait to farm up a ton of holgresh beads.

My main regret, is not getting my monk 60 sooner. Hes guised, tstaffed, fungus, twinked out the rear end. On red, the PVP in kael and surrounding zones is infinite. One guild was literally on perma LNS almost all night because they just kept getting dropped.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pwnz0r
Sep 21, 2005
Much appreciate on the v5 update Pilsner. Yeah I do agree, A lot of people complain its not 'classic' but to me, p99 isn't classic at all to begin with. This is a great tool and I am glad their new eula they didn't decide to take action against /log reading programs (gamtexttrigers, gamparse are amazing especially GTT for pvp on red). I will spread the link to the updated version to my pals that use it for new velious update. Truly is great, I made one in VB but it was crude and not nearly as good. Didn't have a lot of the functions yours did such as auto zoning loading the next map etc. I remember there being a thread though, One of my major things was a must have overlay always ontop with a transparency and your p99 map just happened to be perfect.

As far as teeth/porting keys go in velious, Cobalt Scar key is considered the 'master key'. A druid can port himself into great divide, or wakening lands and CS as far as I know without having the keys. If you are on blue its super easy, check out this quest: http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/quest.html?quest=940

Basically you want to take 200 plat with you, You have to run through kael to wakening lands, run to skyshrine. There is a drake not far in up the stairs to the right then left. You say to him "I am worthy" and he hands you a message to Wenglawks, You take this message + 200 platinum pieces BACK to kael, and turn both into Wenglawks(Non kos giant, but there IS a KOS noble giant dark blue con wizard at 60 in the same room) I was able to do the turn in as a rogue sneak hide, break sneak hide turn in, and i don't know if it was a server tick or luck or being level 60 gave me a big enough aggro radius to avoid aggro but the noble did not aggro and i hit hide within 2 seconds immediately, then snuck back out. The house for wenglawks is around the middle betweel wastes and wakening lands. like #4 #5 or #6 on the map IIRC.

Once you get the turn in from Wenglawks "message to herald" you run that back to the same drake in skyshrine, in return you get a Shrine Key. This allows you to go up to pool room and click on the statue to zone into cobalt scar. Then its literally a straight walk about 1 minute sowed to the CS portal area, and a tooth is on the floor respawns every 15 seconds. Once you get the CS tooth your done, AFAIK you have to keep the CS tooth and shrine key on you. I haven't tested yet, frankly its annoying though its 2 extra bag slots that I don't have room for. I already kept my VP key banked except when raiding I would OT hammer, grab it out with resist gear and go in so that wasn't bad. Hope this helps.

For great divide, go to the map #4 i think it is, the dragon portal(druid port in) and there will be a tooth on the floor as well if you want to pick that up for the time being. However if on blue, keying up should not be an issue. On red, I personally sat at the kael/WL ZL for a few hours, and I must have coined a dozen people for 200pp alone, in total group got around 90 kills, more then half were otw to get their CS key.

Pwnz0r
Sep 21, 2005

ekeog posted:

Bragging about being in the guild that's making Velious unplayable right now? ... very nice

You don't even know what guild I am in.

Pwnz0r
Sep 21, 2005
I wasn't kicked from TMO, that would have implied I were in it to start with. The app process and getting tagged by officers who were already trading all their items back to blue while 'actively recruiting' (yes globally auctioning on the main officer characters that people are told to message for recruitment). A bunch of my friends and former guildmates joined, I tagged along on some raids but never pushed the issue of getting tagged or dkp since I didn't need the items they offered me. But I personally witnessed TMO wipe to draco with 30+ before getting engaged to PVP by bad decisions, decisions only a person unfamiliar with PVP would make in-haste thus causing wipes. All in all I hoped TMO would have stayed on red, but they don't appear to be doing so. The fact that day 1 they tried to rush Empire to velious instead of cleaning up free and easy kunark targets was a bad decision as well, again this is a red server when you can only field ~40 people, some sub 60s and the rest you are playing with don't know each other well enough to setup assist trains let ALONE go against 100+ empire its no contest.

Anyway Pilsner if you can look into it, Great Divide whenever you zone into it with the zliz map is giving a "cannot find Great Divide" error. The names and everything seem to line up(----side issue but not a big deal i copy pasted the old south karana quillmane maps over to v5, when I don't farm cloaks for friends I make them use that if they have no access to a bard/ranger to easily track quillmane and learn the spawn)

[Sat Aug 01 22:09:09 2015] LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
[Sat Aug 01 22:09:24 2015] You have entered Great Divide.

I did notice its as greatdivide1.jpg so I added in same image as just greatdivide.jpg but haven't tested it yet to confirm it works. Not sure why the rest of the maps would work fine with 1s and GD wouldn't

Pwnz0r
Sep 21, 2005
Well its not a huge issue, can always manually select great divide if that doesn't do the trick i haven't tested it yet i will try to add it as the program calls it and see if that works instead. But for the most parts the zones are ezpz to navigate once you get the feel for them. But it is always nice having something like Pilsners map in the background ready to pull up at any time and speed off to someone to help them out or more recently, track down stormfeathers/lodizals that are pulled to random rear end locations to be hidden before killed so timer is pushed/unknown.

as far as improved invis and superior camo etc goes, mostly its just intended to last longer and or not make you appear as quicker but i dunno it seems random as hell still. I can cast sup camo and get the fade message 30 seconds later, other times I can have it literally last til I break it or it expires. Without looking, I would say improved invis is much like superior camo in that its just supposed to last longer with a less chance of appearing. None of the invis cast by any class will ever be better as in letting you get past certain mobs the older invis wouldn't.

Pwnz0r fucked around with this message at 01:27 on Aug 7, 2015

Pwnz0r
Sep 21, 2005
I know people on red who still RMT to this day, they used to duo/trio fungi camp 24/7 and they sell plat like its a job. They have never been banned, frequently caught for boxing/ghosting however. They convert most of it to blue plat and from there I don't know. But yeah RMT is crazy rampant, especially on red. There have been a few 'big' busts, but most of them pale in comparison to the real stuff going on the in background. When Nihilum broke up, There were so many inactive accounts, bankers, gear, raw plat, spells, aon's etc that it was part of what led to the huge ban on red, although only a few people got hit. I see people playing RMT'd characters from classic, kunark era etc on a daily basis. One good example is chuck on red, He has numerous chars hes leveled up, some are named ie chuckdusky, chuckslaw etc and they have changed hands many times along with other chars like his multiple clerics, enchanters, wizards. It is pretty disgusting that some people can get away with it, and others get banned. I know people that have sent in full proof of AoN's and other high end droppables (manastone, cure shields) being bought for hundreds of dollars each, being funneled through one person to a group of RMTers. He recently bit the bullet(his rogue he didn't even play got banned, some random 60 rogue VP robe, vp sword nothing special) meanwhile he already had other characters in the works being leveled for him all decked out in better gear. I don't know what it is like on blue, but I do know there are groups of people on red who specifically funnel it to blue because theres so many more people its easier to turn it.

As far as velious goes, so far so great. Farmed 6 or so ornate velium pendants out of icewell keep(seen 50+ drop in our group) and 1 pair of holgresh beads which I wouldn't mind having another 1 or 2 pairs at least to play with or keep to sell for future. Buff timer nerf was stupid as hell, I use GTT already to the max, triggers for everything since I play red(discs, da/db, nukes/dispells etc) so making some new timers for buffs wasn't hard, but does make it troublesome when you came out, the timers get lost. As a melee its quite annoying, but on my caster characters its not bad at all especially my shaman, because i can recast it. For timers I really only setup the necessary buffs. Focus of Spirit, Aegolism, Fortitude, Symbol of Marzin, Heroism, DMF, Kragg, SoW, Levi, VoG/Shissar, C2 etc.

Pwnz0r
Sep 21, 2005
RMT profits are just amplified by red, especially when a power player quits, or a power player IS the RMTer. Some people sell poo poo cheap, I have heard of people paying 8$ per 1k red plat. I saw someone pay $750 for a Tstaff and fungi on red(at the time, equivalent to 240k + 55k raw plat sales) but finding someone to pay out 240k raw plat for a tstaff is almost impossible because anyone with that plat will have it already. Prices are funky, raw plat is more stable then items. As long as MMORPGs exist where people can buy tradeable items it will happen, You will have your neckbeards who can spend 20 hours straight playing a game getting the best items, gold/plat whatever. Then you will have the casual players who work daily, but lets say they bring home 80k a year or something. It would take them weeks/months to get a certain expensive item by farming plat or items to sell, when they can buy it from just a portion of a days pay check worth.

Anyway off that subject...Dire wolf stalker down, Tizmak meat done, Stormfeather owned, Now for the almost-easy part, lodizal. Then will finally have my eyepatch on p99, On live I was a monk so I never did the quest. Did it on beta out of boredom, and for a self buffed rogue, its haste is nice. On top of that, for a SK/Pally they can chain bash as long as they have a 41% haste item + captain nalots up. Meaning as long as you don't miss a bash, that caster ain't gating home. It was even funnier when the double stun stuff was going off like crazy. People on red were double stunned 90% of the time and locked down.

ps bring back buff timers! I have aego/glades, focus/manical str etc no idea what the timers are. GTT etc is great, but when you logout timers keep ticking so doesn't do much the next day.

Pwnz0r
Sep 21, 2005
Yeah the end of cross xfer plat is gonna hit a lot of people hard. but it will cut down on the red people funneling to blue to RMT it off essemtially. Looking forward to these red players up and disappearing or ending up banned once they rmt one last time for their gear/accounts. I know some of the TMO and empire folks got caught with various amounts they didnt get to transfer back, anywhere from 50k to 500k+ and tons of items.

Pwnz0r
Sep 21, 2005

Not_Rainbow_Horse posted:

the only thing that i wish pilsner's tool did was when updating location the X animated from last location to current location instead of just jumping from last location to current location. It's a small thing, but that animation let me know if i was headed in the right direction. No complaints though, you did a good job pilsy.

This is actually really nice, I had a lovely map i made in VB that I manually loaded maps from. It wasn't as good as P's, didn't even think of adding zone to zone map switching etc just transparency and overlay etc. But it did have a trailing function you could toggle a bar up and down how big you wanted your trail to show where you came from, or where you were headed loc to loc wise. One thing I am curious about, It seems like ever since the velious release update that the map program becomes super huge. Like it always loads a HUGE portion on the far right, of blank space even though Legend box is unchecked. So everytime you zone you have to resize it 98% of the time to fit the map only with no extra pieces.

Pwnz0r
Sep 21, 2005
I have ticked around with the auto resize box a few times, but in all honestly its not really a big issue its quite easy and quick to just resize the window manually. I still keep it running 24/7 along with gamtexttriggers/gamparse in the background, usually when I am making the trek across WW, EW, iceclad, whatever. Even when I know the way, or general direction its nice to have just to be spot on. I think what the one person was referring to for the update of the red X's was more of a short path line to show your current direction with a little back trail or say a line that connects your last loc to your new loc with an arrow. I know that if you /loc within a few seconds of sense heading you get an arrow. I don't always use sense heading in conjunction with it, sometimes I do when I want to be spot on with the auto run and afk.

Pwnz0r
Sep 21, 2005
I wouldn't mind helping start another goon guild, got plenty of alts. my main is empire tagged however.

Pwnz0r
Sep 21, 2005
Some fun on red, training sonty away for people to zone in = massive aggro range on dragons/mobs. Will post some more recent ones probably, Just saw first Abashi's the other night on vulak. Monks were very happy finally. I seem to be a lucky charm for looting for everyone but myself. Got a few empire goons, probably equally as many TMO goons on red.

some random old lodizal kill, prob best possible loot aside from maybe double belt.

old red, before red dawn died

Pwnz0r
Sep 21, 2005
add 1 person to the group and the pet stealing exp goes away, on blue i dont know how much this helps. But on red, its a HUGE difference. When I swarm PL, or pop dragon teeth for PLing 1-30 initially I always fill my group to 4-5 people minimum for max exp. Honestly red has a low as poo poo pop, both servers have been overfarmed 10x longer then they ever should have for velious to come out. But red isn't all that bad for exping, sure you might get pk'd a few times here and there. But if you want to blue it up, you still can.

Pwnz0r
Sep 21, 2005
Bubb I didn't realize you were a goon =P I guess if i read back a few posts I would have recalled, but i knew the name was familiar. Thats my bard the other day that was swarming with you.

Anyway I don't read up on blue much, but I hear they have had 3-5 aon drops since revamp? drat guess just bad luck on red, we didn't even have our first 3 drop loot table until yesterday, and the 3rd golem had a slime blood/aon/soul leech. The first 6 golems were 1 loots, third set was 1 2 1. Sure is great for stacking up undead legion staffs for PLing, soul leeches out the arse for alts and every wizard alt gets a gabstik or epic(broken golem part is a joke). Dracoliche has been stuffy since the first kill when we had a shawl/shield, cazic has dropped cloak/robe and something else only so far.

Pwnz0r
Sep 21, 2005
Oh drat I didn't know that was Yevea that got stripped, I remember giving him a white scale when the goons from EL merged into God's Work to finish his epic. I had been wondering where he went for a while after I took a break, any idea if he will ever come back? Didn't know those posts were about yevea being stripped. Also I know sirken can generate items, Whether he tells people he can or can't hes done it in the past although maybe he lost the power recently not sure. We actually tossed a lot of epics/end game kunark gear at the goons that came over to GW pre GW/Holo split quit. Was just kind of wondering where a lot of those people disappeared to, never seen the names on again.

Pwnz0r
Sep 21, 2005
Guess TMO took a hit on red or something, Had 10-15 new apps to Empire. Had 88 in ToV today for misc stuff, parsed over 1800 melee dps on eashen/ikky, 1200 on klandi but klandi sucks and we had less people for it anyway. Was a few weeks ago but I recall having some 1200 dps on vyemm and he was dropping super quick, before a few more rogues/monks acquired primals. Looking like Red will be doing some AoW attempts/kills soon now that we have enough clerics in one spot! Can't wait to kill that bastard. Too bad giants bane doesn't work on AoW, At least I am assuming this because technically hes not a giant, and I heard it doesn't work on statue and they should be classified as the same thing. Finally saw that Lance of Thunder drop, good stats, but probably best looking weapon in game also! A ogre just happened to loot it, and its huge.

If anyone is starting out new on red and needs some newbie gear/slots/weapons let me know, Don't really have a full set of anything in particular but I have misc pieces of this and that everything from ravenscale to blackened iron, some random kael/sg/ww armor drops(dragon hide legs, arms) Got various weapons, mostly piercers. I have just been placing it all on level 1s to look cool so far, don't feel like selling it. I check this thread daily so feel free to post up. PS if you are starting on red, and want to raid end game, cleric shaman enchanter pretty good class to be!

Pwnz0r
Sep 21, 2005
Don't suppose any goons are in the top blue raiding guilds? don't really know whos top or what the rotations are like or whatever the rules there are. Just curious what draco and CT loots blue has seen. Maybe golems too though I hear they have had better luck with AoNs then red. I saw a golem drop 4 items today (3 blood fires LOL + crimson robe) and beyond a 3 drop loot, none of us knew there was a potential 4 slot drop off golems. So far though draco been shawls and shields, 2 belts. Best was probably double shawl, but equally as many bad drops(ring or bone razors etc) I also understand that draco can have a extra chance to drop AoN since he has all of CT loot table? Just unsure what the drop rates are like for his newer items compared to old ones. WTB mrylo daggers off vulak, red hasn't seen a single one yet and I hear blue has at least 4-5 drop already. Guess red is getting totally diff loot drops.

Pwnz0r
Sep 21, 2005
Ahh so happy, Vyemm finally dropped his dagger tonight. Been like 15 20 vyemm kills, never dropped. Got the first one on red, Happy it was a good upgrade finally. Will make one hell of a ranged item too once I get Claw of Lightning, I think its still better then a primal bow too but not sure. Bow allows to shoot for pvp plus it has some stats too, just not as good as vyemm fang. Think for red server the primal bow is obvious choice though. Been rocking a machine gun 10/17 bow and for pvp any pure-melee I come up I can negate a fungi regen, interupt any pumice/gate pot/wands casted instantly. Any goons coming over to Red that wand to raid/pvp or just plain raid, look for Empire. If not interested in anything but playing red and having fun, send a tell to Penthesilea in game and i can get you some newbie starter gear, plat etc.

Pwnz0r
Sep 21, 2005
common mistake, I am not actually agatha. His former sub 60 pvp rogue was Banksy, When a certain person got people banned, I took over my brothers rogue and banksy is now my main. Luckily I recovered quickly with sow sword, mrylokar, etc. Sorry to disappoint but no duckman here. Also rogue line aint too bad, we did have a dry spell of 1 months with no good rogue weapons just the crappy ones. But were due for some claws, batons, flames, flame etched etc all to drop now.

Pwnz0r
Sep 21, 2005
Indeed, Been known by Jupe or Push. Prefer Jupe, My current characters name just happens to be a poo poo name right now, not something i chose. If it weren't already geared up and vp keyed when I took it over I would've just rerolled.

Pwnz0r
Sep 21, 2005
Yeah the denons dot at 18 is probably by far the best, slightly longer range on it as well. Plus selos moves pretty slow sub 30. I recently took a second bard up, but used a dragon tooth in a group to get him 1-28ish in like 35 mins in unrest then straight to OT, did anywhere from 5-10 kites and within a few days had a 50 bard. Not sure if you are on red or blue, but on red all you need to do to make the exp increase a ton is add +1 afk person to your group, or 2 at most. Was easy finding leechers for me. I only pulled sarnaks/cactus/cockatrices, Soon as you get selos chords of cessation that dot is a pretty big hit even though its 2 ticks(does not stack with lvl 54s PBaoe snare/slow though. I took him up to CS after that, 51-54 in a few days of on and off kiting(died more in CS then any other place so far, mostly because how mobs bug out if not on flat ground even for a second) at 54 its maybe 10% a swarm kite due to some total 25ish wyverns but the raw plat/vendorable gems + real questable armor gems is huge. I would highly suggest swarming CS if you can.

If you do go to CS, some things you might want to prep: kill a few dogs/giants in GD(dogs you can swarm easy) get even 10 or 15 faction hits, then you can sing your faction song on skyshrine mobs like wyverns, and become dubious. This helps not needing invis for the drakes and such, After that you just just pull everything, lulling the drakes when need be. Avoid yvolcarn if you want, or just kite him in your swarm(He will resist everything, even at 54-55 when AE lands, he will have 60-70% hp while the other stuff is long dead). Wyvern pelts, vendor gems, runes/words 2pp per lots of common stackable ones. I want to say I pulled around 18k out of that not including what I made off selling armor gems.

Pwnz0r
Sep 21, 2005
Always thought there was a rule against a guide or GM playing on the same server while retaining their staff access on P1999. But apparently on red, there is a guide who is also free to play his normal character. Normally it wouldn't really be an issue, but considering Red99 gets almost no attention from GMs/guides in response to petitions regarding trains, LNS violations, spam, all around dickery(they do help out greatly with the corpse summons, bugs etc usually but the rest just sits there forever or gets deleted outright). Anyway, a few times now people have ran into this player, who apparently has the o-k to play and guide on red at the same time. I have heard a few incidents of people getting instantly suspended by said guide within minutes of an incident occurring to him or around him pvp or pve related. Just makes me curious, He can enforce the rules on the spot whenever he deems fit. But other people who have to deal with the same bs or worse, nothing. It wouldn't be so bad, but apparently hes very open about it to the point of sending tells on his non-guide character saying "see ya in 2 weeks!" before person gets suspended. I always remember this was a big no for the server, Maybe I misread and it was a GM-only thing. But on red, Suspensions still go a LONG WAY in creating issues. Obviously the staff are unpaid, deal with lots of bullshit they shouldn't have to put up with etc but I don't see how this isn't a conflict of interest. Yeah he cant summon items or do major stuff like a GM. but again, being able to suspend someone for a matter of time or indefinite until a GM can resolve an issue(on red this can take weeks or longer to resolve) it can put people out of play for a while. Hopefully just a few actual violations where the person did something rule breaking indeed otherwise when this person hits 60, no one will even dare go near this person unless they have multiple characters to play if one eats a suspension.

Pwnz0r
Sep 21, 2005

a real jerk posted:

are you gonna tell us the guide and character names or is this just more agatha nonsense?

For one, I am not agatha. so maybe re think your own posts first? This happened to my friend and guildmate after he went from a simple 2 week suspension which turned into a 4 week suspension after poo poo-talking in game to the guides regular character. After which a counter petition and a talk with a GM had it reduced back down to a 2 week suspension when he apologized. Also I feel no need to drag names into it because I don't want to fuel it, seems like just posting about it here was bad enough so I will leave it alone. fyi I don't read any of those p99 sub reddits so, no idea what you are rambling about.

Pwnz0r
Sep 21, 2005
Like I said, I am not agatha. I don't know what this "brother" in quotes is referring to, nor red99 pill addict. But from what I CAN read from past history is you are very much a forumquest warrior who plays on blue, and probably dabbles on red. Good luck.

Pwnz0r
Sep 21, 2005
Grats Anime on Vyemm's Fang, Second one on red server =) big upgrade dude, glad you got it.

Pwnz0r
Sep 21, 2005

Tashan Dorrsett posted:

hopefully this means 1 less not-rogue showing up on your dps meters :)

rogue crew is so chill in this guild. 1 week into raiding with empire and i win one of the biggest ticket items for the class, and the players who probably deserved it more than me were among the first to send me tells congratulating me.

not going to lie, the death of <TMO> killed my immersion, but between the fang and my boy Dazed getting that Vaporize/Faceoff kill tonight i'm back at it like a crack addict.

grats on your Sleeper's key --> inevitable Primal weapon pwnz0r, very well deserved.

yeah primal will be great. I am probably gonna snag a spear for its looks otherwise a hammer but im not picky =P whatever drops I will take., Also for second AoW kill on red tonight... Heres a picture to go with reds first new barb illusion mask. However I look super ugly as a female barbarian, Full HoT shadow armor looks more green chain then anything. In non lit places you get some darkness black look to it thats about it. Can't wait for custom helms.

Pwnz0r
Sep 21, 2005
Those shaman kunark era spells are extremely rare/expensive on red atm, I myself was looking for pox/torpor since level 55 and eventually gave up after no luck within a few months of offering 20-30k per spell. Finally found torpor for 7k cheap, shamans now 60. Can't find pox at all though, Saw one drop in a juggs farming group the other day but a main shaman still needed it. Similarly also seen shamans offering upwards of 30k or more for bane =/ Never would have thought reds kunark-era spells would have became so rare afterwards. The kunark dragons are still slain each week, VP included for the most part. Just everyone needs these for mains alts etc like crazy.

Also, Grep, I was able to gather some gear together for you. It isn't much but should help from when I last saw you. Got a lamenation 1hs, a 10sta belt, some mask, a few other things I can't recall exactly while messing around in kael last night. Also picked up nearly full set of plate from kael, but you're still a bit low level. Was considering MQing it to my bard, but wasting 3 flawless diamonds on a thurg bp seems like a waste.

Pwnz0r
Sep 21, 2005
for 7k I got a good deal from a friend for that price, torpor is prob 15-20k on red. about a year ago it was probably a 50k spell easy, 100k 2 years ago. But overtime it diminished as less and less shamans. Red is totally different from blue in we have waves of the same classes, depends on the month you will find a new flavor of class reroll/twink.

also as far as 50 people 'active' on red goes, that's a bit exaggerated. I see 700 online on blue and just over 100 on red atm. Red probably has easily 3-4x of its prime time population in active players just not on at the same time. Same could probably be said for blues prime time. Personally I think blue is stupidly overcrowded with bad rules, which is why I prefer playing on red and dealing with fewer idiots then hundreds. But to each their own.

Pwnz0r fucked around with this message at 08:55 on Jan 12, 2016

Pwnz0r
Sep 21, 2005
was just on looking for ya, hopefully before I raid I will be able to find you on. Got it all set on the druid, Lamenation, a 10sta belt, str mask, some str gloves and a cougar claw earring. Trying to find some 55hp rings, if I still had a jeweler ide make em real quick but unfortunately I haven't skilled another JC up yet.

Pwnz0r
Sep 21, 2005

lemonslol posted:

I'm about to join Friends on red, should I know anything before I do. They say they do PVE but I don't believe that they do, and a lot of their guys are very weird and on TS it feels like I am talking to drug addicts. I'll still join because I like the tag unless someone tells me that they actually don't do PVE.

I played alongside most of the members of <Friends> for 3 years, recently the last year or so under that new guild tag. Most of them are hardcore players with like 9pm to 9am play times generally. They do PVE, probably more so since when I was with them which they did NOTHING except lodizal when velious came out, sat in iceclad all day long waiting for lodizal to spawn to login and kill it, log back out to another char parked somewhere else to find pvp or farm items. I think they finally opened recruitment up since I see tags on a lot of new people. One thing you should know ahead of time is you will NEVER be a part of the inner circle so you will probably end up feeling like an outsider in some situations. Same could be said for empires inner circle. Most of them go back pre P1999, years and years of playing together. The <Friends> guild has its share of great people, who if you prove yourself they will become your friend and help you out with stuff, level with you etc. However there are some you want to stay away from, soon as you tag up you will recognize them instantly as they will either ignore you, use you, or create some drama over alt #15 getting loot instead of you. Mind you most of them all have 5+ level 60s each, some 10-15 60s of each class, doubles even. Lot of them at one point were former nihilum/holocaust/empire members with high play time that either got kicked, left, burned out or otherwise.

Pwnz0r
Sep 21, 2005
Sorry for those that have been looking for me in game for red, Grep especially. My cold came back, and was offline for almost a week easy. Barely got back on the computer 2 times to see what was going on. Still a bit sick, but working on getting back to full and I should be up and running full strength again soon.

Pwnz0r
Sep 21, 2005
glad im lootin shrouds and proccin primals still.

Pwnz0r
Sep 21, 2005

lemonslol posted:

I'm on red :|

Empire goes into Fear tomorrow(wednesday) around 2pm, give a consent to banksy/marilyn and ill see if i can drag you somewhere safe.and if online get you a rez. We kite 90% of the zone so won't be entirely clear until we kill CT again which might be thursday or next monday. If all else fails, die and get corpse summoned. Then I can rez your corpse(rez timer stays intact as long as you dont run it down)

Pwnz0r
Sep 21, 2005
Sorry to anyone that has been looking for me in game on red, I seem to have some sort of cold that keeps coming back every few 2-3 weeks and this is the 3rd time now. Docs still don't know what the issue is but I have had a lot of msgs/tells of people trying to get ahold of me. I won't be able to continue with any PLing for a while til I can get some things worked out. Lately ive been raiding only with a day or two of extra play time compared to my 12hr+ day normal schedule so I don't have too much free time out side of raids atm. But when I do get things figured out, I have all the necessary characters/classes setup to PL 25/30-51 swarming in OT.

As far as Red goes, It isn't that bad. I prefer it way more then blue anyday, blue just is terrible in my personal opinion if choice with picking one. But everyone has their own play style or how they want to do things, Not everyone will like red just as well. Especially if they are one of the unlucky few that login and get decimated nonstop by fungi twink SK etc that are full raid buffed. Moving epics post 46 was def a good choice for this since it took rogues huge atk bonus out of play, they are still dangerous with a fungi and decent gear but other classes like crippling warriors, or HT SK are far more OP with introduction of velious 2handers etc.

Pwnz0r
Sep 21, 2005

Tashan Dorrsett posted:

At least you didn't realize this after getting a primal and having the sleeper awoken on your server ;) silver linings

Primal Gnome for pvp def the way to go, can't beat never needing shrink pots, or sow pots. I am so tiny in skeleton form its almost impossible for any melee to follow me.

Pwnz0r
Sep 21, 2005
@lemons im back around on red again, took a 2-3 week break after getting 'removed' from tempest cuz of drama wit the whole tabula rasa policy(officers are split down the middle, power struggles). I just came back, Tagged up with thunderdome for fun to help whoever out. Tdome has a good amount of 55-60s, and new players as well. Look for Banksy in game, or Albertus and you can find me on. Most of the time ive been farming, had a really good streak with something like 38 total mobs killed (brenn grenn 22) and 14 thrones, 4 of which were whites. so was crazy good luck, made a lot of plat, picked up 2 manastones etc decked out a 55 dru for pvp.

@zliz if you see this and still keeping up to date, how would i go about adding my own plane of growth file to the map? I guess I can load just the image of it, but I am curious how do you get the zone 'specs' to make the location show up properly?

also 25% exp bonus is insane, especially on red. I have had to de level 2 chars multiple times from 56 back to 55 already and sac them numerous times exp just keeps flying even when im farming...

Pwnz0r
Sep 21, 2005

Herv posted:

Got my PoM robe on.

P99 got some fundamental things wrong with this plane and its my fault for not helping out in the beta.

I was able to find my EQMAC logs and screenies to show proof of whats wrong, I am guessing even odds at best they make the changes.

Basically the zone is a total bust though. Even working properly its about 40 hours per chest piece. Now its like 80 hours minimum (or pay 30k for a doll, 20-30k for thrones (2), 10k for crowns(2)), whoever made this 'balance' call regarding the Gift Box quest did not know what they were doing.

PoM is without a doubt totally hosed on P99, Granted I did not spend much time in this zone at all on live(I was able to get a DR flower and never had time to go back). On here however, I easily have farmed and farmed and spent countless hours wasted away on poo poo. First off no double chance of card drops, card drop rate HAS to be hosed too I refuse to believe thrones/crowns were like this on live so random/rare whatever. Anyway my shaman has a log file easily 400mb large of JUST PoM farming B/G and 22 of alice4(stomples and some horses in there too). Basically comes down to this....72 minute respawn on them, I have gone 70-80 sets of kills(40 rounds of A4 roughly) with 0 cards crown-throne sometimes not even a knight/squire. Other times I have had a luck streak of literally getting 2 white thrones in 4 kills(same week I got 5 white thrones, 2 black 2 blue in 8 days total and easily only ~50 kills all together)

I have avoided doing any of the armor stuff except cloak of confusion since its easy and an amazing upgrade for ench. But basically PoM became my 'bored' hobby for goto farming plat, at first it was terrible plat. Literally feels like lucky streaks since the drop rate is so bad. 15k a PR flower all day long farming maze rats now not even worth selling, CR flowers were 40k easy. Now I just sell thrones only, been back at it since saturday after a month long break and im 1 throne 1 crown in for 39 total kills(1 set of horses, 3 stomples included)

Pretty much if I don't get more lucky hits sooner or later ill just stop farming them and go put a epic mage pet on seafuries with a army of various range toons to run PVP out and camp raw plat stuff. Even considered doing fungi's but they aren't selling so hot on red anymore unless you want to flood the market and drop the price hard. Either way grats on robe, Anyone who farmed their own doll or even chest piece alone that takes some hard loving work imo.

Pwnz0r
Sep 21, 2005
I am still playing on red, still in <Thunderdome> since Empire disbanded. Apex currently raids ToV and kael/dain without any contest, they are struggling and having a hard time especially when 2-3 people throw them at the cleric chain and bash cheals, dispell slow off dragons. on top of that they can no longer kill Vyemm which mean no vulak loot. So they have an abundance of dozekar loot on all the characters, but doze loot is amazing, on par with vulak imo but he has those specific items ie abashi gharns rogue dagger etc. Anyway <Thunderdome> is still a raiding guild, and we take in new players whether they want to simply have people to group and level up with then decide if they wish to leave the guild and pursue loot and raid PVE(some do this, most burn out because they can't keep up with raid schedules on red. its way less then blue for the most part, but majority of end level red players are hardcore players that invest a lot of time and most have multiple/dozens of 60s/epic/geared out.

On that note, there is a 3rd guild called Epidemic. However they don't really support anyone sub 55 and they can't raid much. It is run by a core group of RL friends, the racism and just all around retarded stuff is like normal red server x50. They mostly PVP as a group rolling around looking for singles to pick off. Either way red is still good choice if you do not like the appeal of blue or waiting in line for raids, FTE etc. Exp on red is fast, even solo(quicker if you invite even 1 person to group, then simply level up even if 2nd player is afk leeching due to exp bonus). If you want easy loot, and quick gear Apex is an easy option if you play a cleric. MAYBE even rogues still, they go through both insanely fast, just like the top raid guild on red its always been a constant revolving door of recruits and guild held together by a core base. I can see why cheal chaining 5 days a week 8pm-12am EST would burn someone out fast. With the new pull changes to sneak, and FD some of ToV changed. Everything for the most part used to be pulled to the entrance of ToV, then the rest on the other side would be done cothing to safe spot near triplets, pulling them out, then pulling the rest ie lady mir/nev, koi, etc all to triplet room including vulak. Due to some of the changes, the pulls are more difficult/take more time, not sure if its due to learning curve or bad pullers or just plain changes made. Somehow they wiped to Zlandicar 8 times in a row with 35 players, they had killed it a few times prior to the new patch making the fear more resistable again I don't know if its just bugged or they suck to wipe to an easy dragon especially if fear was fixed but just whats been happening.

If you want to join TD feel free to post in the TD recruit thread, or look for me(Banksy) in game 1-60s welcome. I am currently in the process of leveling 4 alts, 2 are in the mid 30s range, ones 18 and another is 6. so I will be doing PL groups on the regular until all 4 new alts are at minimum 46-55. With the low population of red, you don't have to wait in line to get ring 8s. I have literally, 31 eyepatches of plunder across all my toons and alts(including 3 of the 4 alts im leveling) so getting one done is not impossible on red. Though most of the lodizal kills are done by myself, I lose a few here and there when 10-20 people are brought to kill it, usually though it spawns during raid times or off hours 4-5am EST etc. I give the lodizal maps away freely, just after belts mostly to sell. SF if you really want, once you pickup his timer or find it you can get it rather easy. If you have no help from anyone that can give you a starter gear kit and don't plan on being a cleric cheal cuck or anything, starting off as a rogue or a monk or most melee is rough regardless without a fungi or a PL to 40+ with a decent weapon and some hp rings/neck and misc mithril or other cheap armor. A wizard is probably the fastest to level up with quadding, epics for them are so stocked up no one barely kills VS anymore due to every guild having a dozen+ gnarled staves to MQ.

More people on red(even if you join apex I won't hate) would be cool, I don't like to go to blue asking people to come play. There are plenty of people willing to help with gear and PL on red however. I guess what I am saying is if you are coming to P99 or coming back, and you dont have a ton of items/toons already invested in blue and you are not perfectly content there. Give red a shot. Depending on what type of player you are, and if you want to play a support class like a cleric or enchanter bard etc -maybe- even a rogue if you can get started right, and level up fast or get in touch with their member base to let them know you are serious they will most likely epic you and PL you up to 55 then let you figure out exp on your own while not raiding. Thunderdome raids everything from halls of testing, to kunark dragons(VP included) to planes. we do various content, we don't really have a set raid time it depends entirely on whos on when they are on and who wants to raid or get something done(epic fights etc). Didn't really intend to make this a come play red post, just a glimpse of what red is like atm and what to expect if you do come or at the very least some of what to expect everyone has a different experience. If you have thin skin, you will most likely be run off before you hit level 25. OOC is server wide, so it can be chaotic when yellow text starts popping off in mass pvp or even a single kill but its just part of something to learn on red, theres always the ignore option.

Not sure who still plays on red from the goons, i know of atleast 3-4 people. we used to have around 20 easily that were all in the same guild. But with the new characters people made to gear up and changing of names, I don't remember many account names to game names. If you still play on red hit post up.

Pwnz0r
Sep 21, 2005
Think ive just got some sort of alt sickness, it started with eyepatches(stopped at 34 total a month ago). I just can't seem to get the oomph into REALLY leveling any of them up though. 25 cleric with epic bagged that has some some bis droppables + nodrops minus the planar/tov limitations, level 18 monk with demon fangs/robe of the whistling fist cof fungi 1x BoB twink etc with tstaff/SoS ready to go for higher level(beads, ornate velium pendant the whole deal, was originally my main intent to take this guy to 60) a 38 rogue with mrylokar/fungi, mrylo legs, HoT chain arms/boots/gloves double BoBs)

finally what I decided on just before the lazy aggro and pull nerf went in, a troll SK(dumped all points into int for bigger mana pool) obviously i had the chance to reroll a dark elf, i have considered with the current gear he has has, vs what i intend him on having(nothing velious end game, probably nothing better then some mid end velious quest armor + epic and some kunark bis) theres like a 380-450 mana gap between my troll and being a dark elf with the current gear. it can fluctuate another +200-300 depending if i was wearing 1hs + atra shield(i think epic is the way to go still, proc is insane in pvp and any of those 1500ac monks/1300ac+ rogues get eaten alive by epic/asystole/vampiric curse/lifetaps inbetween jousts) but a massive dragon claw shard or darkmetal falchion are badass as hell for leveling currently. Put an aon to get him out of the way from being a fatty, hes got a claw/atra shield combo right now and i slash people for 90s all day long super fast. I guess if I wanted to win a who lookst he best contest, a female DE with a PD robe wouldve been the best(and best for mana gains). that would give me like a extra 2 life leeches at most advantage for pvp.

I kept leveling him, and regardless of the no drops and factioning ive put into him which is easily more effort then I have into leveling him, I could still reroll him into a DE but despite everyone saying so I feel like its just min maxing at this point and everyone wants a dark elf over a fatty troll. Can't wait for chardok revamp for that rev bauble clickly bobbing corpse and all the fun items in that zone, oddly enough i mooched faction too to the point im dubious already with sarnaks. custom helm with thurgadin bla bla. 55 seems to be the perfect level for a melee to destroy people with a 1k HT disc, a 55 double backstabbing rogue is great sure, but the requirement of being behind a moving target every time makes it super annoying on any decent player that can strafe and move around especially if they are plain jousting you with 2h over your auto attack/bs or simple BS only due to damage shield.

as for the robe discussion, I think whistling fists is hands down one of the best especially on iksars. PD robe its tough to say, dark elves it does look awesome but really I would have to say the mage or necro PoM robe. Basically the same one as the VP DMF robe. I haven't seen a vulak robe, none have dropped on red so I don't recall offhand what they look like. If anything I bet they look like some general 1 color robe knowing "classic" or p99 devs. Anyway heres to old times, checking through old screenshots and seeing buff timers RIP, I still run gamtexttriggers for important things, but buff timers being removed was just one of the stupidest things ever especially when they did it of all times.

Pwnz0r fucked around with this message at 22:15 on Mar 9, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pwnz0r
Sep 21, 2005
Are any of you blue folks familiar with the kobolds in velks, as far as either soloing(enchanter) or duoing ie monk/shm or something along those lines? I haven't been there since Live, and I assume that most pulls are 1-3 at a time, so you eityher need roots or a FD puller or a mezzer. I was considering oing down to farm random items to sell(the CC armor and misc stuff sell fast n 1-5k ea, BP gems 8k ea, robe/priest bp gems 3-4k ea) so I figure maybe try it as a cash camp also, on top of the fact I want the 19/25 +50 mana clicky Grim Aura SK only nodrop sword. The guy was up for like 4 days, but my slow rear end never got down there in time, partially because i was hesitant and didnt know the area well at all. anyway one of my buddies ended up looting it on his level 20 SK.

I know an enchanter with boon + collab can roam freely, giving the option for them to calm mobs 1 by 1 to get other people or a group to the kobold camps where the named are. thats about it, I dont know if one named spawns in one camp or if they are all PHers for same thing once you reach the kobold huts or spawns that aren't in the drop down area.