Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ramulack
Oct 12, 2009
Right,

Ill try to time it as such but i'll keep a reagent on me (I think I buy them in Neriak?).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

onesixtwo
Apr 27, 2014

Don't you realize that being nice just makes you get hurt?

Ramulack posted:

Right,

Ill try to time it as such but i'll keep a reagent on me (I think I buy them in Neriak?).

Yeah, in the cleric's guild. You'll probably want to make an inny worshiping cleric alt to do the actual buying to get it at lowest cost. Also I don't think the DE mask works in the cleric guild, I don't recall.

nyclin
Jun 19, 2001

onesixtwo posted:

Yeah, in the cleric's guild. You'll probably want to make an inny worshiping cleric alt to do the actual buying to get it at lowest cost. Also I don't think the DE mask works in the cleric guild, I don't recall.

DE Illusion will work fine, but only if your religion is neutral or evil. Since you said mask I'm gonna assume that it's a Bard or Rogue, which are neutral classes so only religion would matter.

Siets
Sep 19, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Anybody have experience with nabbing Ancient Cyclops on Red? Am I better off doing it in SRo rather than OOT as a monk? I have a feeling the OOT site is going to be hotly contested. Someone told me to do it when I am 44 so that I am out of range of 49+ gankers, but I worry that I won't actually be able to solo kill the AC at that level. Thoughts?

hayden.
Sep 11, 2007

here's a goat on a pig or something

Ramulack posted:

In game is Marchand. I can usually be on from nine to midnight eastern time.

Also, do mobs wonder to the zone in? I vaguely remember that being a thing? I'll go up nude minus the return potion just in case however.

I'll be on for next hour if you want a port.

edit: will try again tomorrow at 10PM CST if I can remember.

hayden. fucked around with this message at 03:07 on Jul 7, 2015

aparmenideanmonad
Jan 28, 2004
Balls to you and your way of mortal opinions - you don't exist anyway!
Fun Shoe

Siets posted:

Anybody have experience with nabbing Ancient Cyclops on Red? Am I better off doing it in SRo rather than OOT as a monk? I have a feeling the OOT site is going to be hotly contested. Someone told me to do it when I am 44 so that I am out of range of 49+ gankers, but I worry that I won't actually be able to solo kill the AC at that level. Thoughts?

Level a necro or mage and camp with that. It's red, won't take more than a few hours and way less effort than camping it with a monk.

MooselanderII
Feb 18, 2004

Siets posted:

"having the perspective of a decent human being."

This literally is incompatible with red. An afk kill is harmless, but wait till you get ganked while fighting mobs and lose exp. Or you get ledge nuked.

Red has no humanity.

Ramulack
Oct 12, 2009

hayden. posted:

I'll be on for next hour if you want a port.

edit: will try again tomorrow at 10PM CST if I can remember.

Thanks I'll be on tonight. I may also be playing my necro, Tibmit.

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

Siets posted:

There's several static spawns in the desert that need to be clear before 9pm at night. If all spawns are clear he will pop in anyone if those spawns at 9pm on the dot.
I know as I did this not long back, got the ring, turned in for my boots then on my way back did the samething and got another ring which I mq'd on the same Hasten spawn for 5k.

Siets
Sep 19, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Myrddin_Emrys posted:

There's several static spawns in the desert that need to be clear before 9pm at night. If all spawns are clear he will pop in anyone if those spawns at 9pm on the dot.
I know as I did this not long back, got the ring, turned in for my boots then on my way back did the samething and got another ring which I mq'd on the same Hasten spawn for 5k.

Which spawns? I read something about "just clear all humanoids in the desert" but that seemed excessive.

edit: :pusheen: I went around and gathered up all the humanoids in the desert, then killed them at 7PM game time. AC popped right away at 9PM on a small hill just northeast of the dark elf camp. Ring acquired.

Siets fucked around with this message at 17:28 on Jul 7, 2015

Pillow Armadillo
Nov 15, 2005

"Beware the Jabberwock, my son!"
I have a 40 cleric on Red camped in Grobb. Happy to buff goons camping the AC in SRo (dont have boots yet but nbd).

Hit me up on Skullmonkey later tonight ~10:30EST

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

Siets posted:

Which spawns? I read something about "just clear all humanoids in the desert" but that seemed excessive.

edit: :pusheen: I went around and gathered up all the humanoids in the desert, then killed them at 7PM game time. AC popped right away at 9PM on a small hill just northeast of the dark elf camp. Ring acquired.

Glad to be of service :)

Siets
Sep 19, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Myrddin_Emrys posted:

Glad to be of service :)

Now to turn in a big old pile of gold to Hasten Bootstrutter without getting ganked... :ohdear:

onesixtwo
Apr 27, 2014

Siets posted:

Now to turn in a big old pile of gold to Hasten Bootstrutter without getting ganked... :ohdear:

Have a wizard or Druid friend do the gold turnin. They can bind on his path, port to a bank, pickup the gold and gate back while you have him held.

Though tbh i've never seen hasten be camped on red, people kind of aren't dicks about him..? I've done three turnins of my own and the people there were friendly and in the same situation that I was.

Siets
Sep 19, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Yeah, I feign flopped my way to Oggok bank just to prove to myself I could do it. Since that is right next door I'm not too worried. In the end, 325 plat isn't that big of a deal. Really the most stressful part is getting the little jerk to sit still while turning in. :mad:

onesixtwo
Apr 27, 2014

heh spam hail nonstop it is obnoxious but yeah, hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

good luck!

Dirt
May 26, 2003

<Omni> stole all our goons.

:(

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

I'm playing live right now dude I'll be back! I rolled an 85 heroic character and am doing and collecting all the poo poo I cant get on p99 like epic and all the posky quests. I deleveled myself to 60 and everything its awesome. Xeirak holler at me when your ban is up and I'll log in to give you those ivy boots.

Dirt
May 26, 2003

That sounds kinda fun.

I reinstalled EQ2 the other day, and wandered around the Goon guild hall... No goons were online though.
Im gonna checkout the TLP server when it drops.

You haven't missed much... OTHER THAN THE FIRST AND ONLY <Unknown Guild> RAID.

We got Steeks his Divine Might spell. He then quit UG and joined Omni...

haha

2 Dudes from Omni helped, and Poota(who is now in Omni, and got his epic(!) lol), they seemed like cool people. I healed a couple times and did ONE MELEE DAMAGE.

Dirt fucked around with this message at 03:06 on Jul 11, 2015

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Dirt posted:

That sounds kinda fun

I'm sitting in posky right now waiting for the Keeper of Souls so I can progress through the islands. Finished my epic earlier today when the ddos bullshit finally stopped. Living the dream :unsmith:

Anarch
Feb 22, 2011

In the midnight hour...

Dirt posted:

<Omni> stole all our goons.

:(
Welt/Domn reporting in! The power button on my laptop died and Lenovo has the part on backorder. Never got to try red, and all my blues are still in their teens...

On the plus side, real productivity is up.

Pwnz0r
Sep 21, 2005

Siets posted:

Basically, the SRO mobs are way more easier to kill, but can be much more random as opposed to killing a 6 min PH that can be a cyclops or pirate every 6ish minutes. In SRO you have some hill giants, crypt mummies, dervs etc all like level 10-15 tops, sand giants are super easy to kill for a 44. If you go to OOT, Do not expect to efficiently do the AC camp unless your like fully twinked and have a person either healing/buffing you, OR getting constantly clarity 2 even then. The cyclops PH(not a seafury mind you, no cash loots off it. still has 3800hp, doubles for 80s+) Coming from a person who has multiple low 50s, and some 60s. On a wizard you can ice comet it 3x then finish it with a draught. thats 400 mana per ice comet, 300ish mana for the draught. Without C2, theres no way your regaining enough mana to sustain the kill time after ~3-4 cyclops PH MAX. a shaman with pet up, hasted, buffed, dotting, or a mage or necro work way better.

it would be nice if the cyclops PH was a seafury so atleast you still got cash loot drop chance, but nope...

Scrum
Dec 12, 2003

All I got for Christmas was this shitty custom title.
The amount of butthurt people I've encountered the last few days is frustrating. I've been soloing the top two floor in Kurns (I'm a 21 Monk) and I've had multiple people bitch at me claiming the mobs are too low for my level and I should go pound salt. The majority of spawns are still blue and I've been leveling pretty quickly.

Some guy sent me a private message today saying "dick" out of nowhere.

Oh boy.

Siets
Sep 19, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Sorry to hear. I guess you could hit up Kurn's basement at that level. There's a skeleton that drops Iksar Berserker Club down there that you could camp. Sells for decent plat. As long as you haven't killed a single burynai they will always con dubious to you and you can safely ignore them down there as well. I think I did that until 22-23 where I then transitioned to Warsliks Woods giant fort.

Scrum
Dec 12, 2003

Good idea. Is Warsliks doable at 23 solo, or will I need to duo with someone?

Siets
Sep 19, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Yeah you can solo the greenwhatevers at that level. You'll have to avoid the evergreens though.

ptothebtothek
Nov 6, 2009

Siets posted:

Sorry to hear. I guess you could hit up Kurn's basement at that level. There's a skeleton that drops Iksar Berserker Club down there that you could camp. Sells for decent plat. As long as you haven't killed a single burynai they will always con dubious to you and you can safely ignore them down there as well. I think I did that until 22-23 where I then transitioned to Warsliks Woods giant fort.

Problem is the PH for the Jester is a Thick Boned Skeleton that drops your Buynai Legion faction when killed. So its probably an easier camp in the higher 20's or with a group.

Scrum
Dec 12, 2003

Yeah, I recently "graduated" from Kurns and reached 24. I ended up camping the top two floors, zone population permitting, and managed to go from 21-24 fairly quickly. I tried to camp the basement and it was a pain in the rear end being blinded and harm touched by the Burynai constantly.

Now I'm at the giants in WW but it's perma-camped and painfully slow. I may grab a port and work on my faction outside of Freeport for a bit.

Pilsner
Nov 23, 2002

Hexel posted:

Yo Zliz if you ever glance at this thread how did that battle bind macro go? I got a new computer and lost all my settings :smith:
Here you go:

/pause 3, /tar Zliz
/pause 1, /doability 1
/stand

For line 1, replace Zliz with your name name. Adjust the /pause 3 according to your lag.
For line 2, replace the /doability 1 with the ability slot you have BW in (1-6)
If you are fighting mobs that start with the same name (ask me about grinding Bouncers in Oggok from level 45-50 :smith: ), you can also add:

/attack Bouncer

...on a fourth line to automatically resume attacking, but even without a /pause, I found that the delay (about half a second) between standing and attacking was too long, and I preferred to resume attacking manually.

Dirt
May 26, 2003

^^^ Does this let you bind wounds mid fight?

GOONS, I am bored with this game. Haven't been on in a couple days. I think I am going to take a break for a bit...Maybe come back a bit after Velious is out. EQ2 TLE server drops next week, I am gonna check it out.

Protip: Pick one class and go. I have 3 characters in the 30's. Not a smart move.

If any new players need an invite to UG post here, I will hop on and invite you and give you some free poo poo to get you going. But please keep playing for more than a few days. Can't even count how much cash/items I have given out to "new goons" who play for like 2 days and never come back.

Dirt fucked around with this message at 02:52 on Jul 15, 2015

Tashan Dorrsett
Apr 10, 2015

by Deplorable exmarx
my everquest character is finally a reflection of my true self, a neckbeard with a wakizashi (heh;; you thought i was going to say katana)

onesixtwo
Apr 27, 2014

Tashan Dorrsett posted:

my everquest character is finally a reflection of my true self, a neckbeard with a wakizashi (heh;; you thought i was going to say katana)

:golfclap: we always knew you could

Pilsner
Nov 23, 2002

Dirt posted:

Yup and it is super powerful for melee characters. It pretty much allows you to solo stuff you otherwise couldn't. It just interrupts your attacking for a split second to begin a bandage, which finishes nicely 90% of the time while you continue to melee, as long as you don't move (melee knockback doesn't count). About 10% of bandages, on average, will fail due to a random hit from the mob interrupting the bandage.

Siets
Sep 19, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Pilsner posted:

Yup and it is super powerful for melee characters. It pretty much allows you to solo stuff you otherwise couldn't. It just interrupts your attacking for a split second to begin a bandage, which finishes nicely 90% of the time while you continue to melee, as long as you don't move (melee knockback doesn't count). About 10% of bandages, on average, will fail due to a random hit from the mob interrupting the bandage.

I'm about to experiment with it in-game, but I'm curious. Does the mob's melee attacking you not interrupt the bind during the wait period? I thought you had to remain sitting for the bind to finish and heal.

Also, when do you restart your own melee attacks? Right after hitting the macro, or right after the mob wakes you up out of the bind sitting animation?

hayden.
Sep 11, 2007

here's a goat on a pig or something

Dirt posted:

Protip: Pick one class and go. I have 3 characters in the 30's. Not a smart move.

Doing this sucks from the perspective that you'll always be playing broke, naked characters. But really as long as you have basic gear and spell money, this is the way to play EQ in my opinion. It's more fun at lower levels (past 10).

1024x768
Oct 25, 2004

oh god

Dirt posted:

GOONS, I am bored with this game. Haven't been on in a couple days. I think I am going to take a break for a bit...Maybe come back a bit after Velious is out. EQ2 TLE server drops next week, I am gonna check it out.

If any new players need an invite to UG post here, I will hop on and invite you and give you some free poo poo to get you going. But please keep playing for more than a few days. Can't even count how much cash/items I have given out to "new goons" who play for like 2 days and never come back.

I'm in as Cerden, a half elf rogue. Who should I message for an invite?

aparmenideanmonad
Jan 28, 2004
Balls to you and your way of mortal opinions - you don't exist anyway!
Fun Shoe
I'm away on vacay but I can get you next week once I'm back (assuming no one beats me to it).

Not_Rainbow_Horse
Nov 11, 2013
I'm on right now for anyone who needs an invite. Currently on Bererez, but Canno is the character I have invite powers on.

Not_Rainbow_Horse fucked around with this message at 01:20 on Jul 16, 2015

Pilsner
Nov 23, 2002

Siets posted:

I'm about to experiment with it in-game, but I'm curious. Does the mob's melee attacking you not interrupt the bind during the wait period? I thought you had to remain sitting for the bind to finish and heal.

Also, when do you restart your own melee attacks? Right after hitting the macro, or right after the mob wakes you up out of the bind sitting animation?
Fundamentally, you can stand while doing a BW at any time. Just try it in any place - hit BW, then stand up, either via your hotkey or /stand. It's nice even out of combat since it allows you to look around.

As mentioned, only rarely will a mob's attack interrupt the BW. The chance is around 10% per BW period (so much less per hit), and you can have unlucky streaks of course.

Just restart your attack as soon as the macro is finished (you stand up), regardless of the mob hitting or not. You will learn to time it so that you will, in total, only interrupt your melee attacks for a split second. Very rarely EQ's wonky engine will attempt to melee attack while you are in the process of sitting to BW, and you will get the message "You must be standing to attack". When using a big 2HB where each attack round is important, it's best to use the macro right after a round of attacks so you don't risk this. When using 1HB's of different delays, it's not worth timing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Siets
Sep 19, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Booyah. Acquired Sash of the Dragonborn on my Red 46 monk today!

Now I can finally...

...go back to the good old days of killing blues as long as they aren't too close to my level, aren't spellcasters, and end each fight in the 20-30% range.

#MeleeLyfe :negative:

• Locked thread