Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
So I'm guessing imgur camp was a total comedy bust and nothing worthwhile happened to make fun of?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

goose fleet posted:

Hey look it's yet another pro-pitbull post

http://imgur.com/gallery/waND4Yw

Are these people seriously that insecure or something

This happens pretty much whenever pitts get brought up on SA too, pittbulls are one of those things like tipping or hot dog toppings that people are insanely defensive about for whatever reasons

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Seems like the line between "whoops we had sex when we were both drunk and neither of us wanted to/would have sober, that sucks" and "whoops we had unwanted drunk sex guess we're both rapists" is pretty thin. I know I've had blackout sex with people before and we've both obviously thought "wow that was not supposed to happen" the next morning but I didn't know that automatically made both of us sex offenders

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

THE PENETRATOR posted:

both prties are the rapers

rape that goes both ways is, actually, love. makes you think

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

CommunistPancake posted:

Pretty sure that was sarcasm.

Literally no one is arguing that murdering someone while drunk isn't murder. The scenario in question asks whether a drunk murderer killing a drunk person counts as murder. I'm arguing it doesn't.

It'd be closer to if two black out drunk people killed each other but it's still completely loving stupid to compare the two situations and you're really bad at this

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
No actual woman has ever said or typed the words "My husband vigorously boned me"

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Lady Naga posted:

Saying "the Reddit community" is really loving stupid because there are a million subreddits and pretty much everyone uses it. It's like saying "the Facebook community" or "the Youtube community".

Why are you pickin fights with people so much recently lady >: (

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

AstroWhale posted:

Yes that happened. :jerkbag:

Doesn't sound unbelievable at all to me really, and the sentiment behind it is decent enough

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

CommunistPancake posted:

lol if you think that people say cis scum seriously

There is a certain type of people on all sides of any possible spectrum who use phrases like that unironically because a lot of people are retards

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Shouldn't this guy be trying to get his phone back

I mean he's creepy and all but if the phone got lost and she started using it or straight up stole it shouldn't that be his main goal?

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Korgan posted:

Didn't Chris Rock stop doing that sketch precisely because of dickheads like these? :v:

"thanks for the youtube link to something racist i could have looked up in seconds, fellow racist. you're a pal"

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Aerofallosov posted:

Would I be a terrible person for reporting that tumblr?

I don't know what you'd report it for but I always advocate touching the poop

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

goose fleet posted:

https://imgur.com/gallery/UJ9IT7Z

Ahh yes this post is funny, relevant, or interesting because

This would be kind of sweet if the kid was like 7 or something but this is her grown rear end 23 year old son she's sleep-creeping on

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

goose fleet posted:

My favorite part is how it was literally copy-pasted from somewhere because you can see the parts of the text that weren't pasted correctly, like "You don't know this story"

I don't understand... are you trying to say imgur poster hairtriggercunt might not be as respectable as she seems?

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Fashionable Jorts posted:

Looks like some poo poo Facebook thing that ends with "Like=1 prayer, keep scrolling if abortions".

Somewhat related, what happened to the IoSM thread to get it gassed?

I dunno I was wondering the same thing, didn't seem like anything really happened. My guess is one of the mods saw LoB was back and went crazy from the lack of quote structure

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

goose fleet posted:

When you aren't paying attention to it all of it looks like a bunch of angry nerds screaming about video games or whatever

I don't know anyone in any social group even loosely connected to me identifying as a gamergate dude or whatever the opposite of that is and I feel like that ups my social rank to alpha male

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Nuebot posted:

The irony of all the "We're raising pussies!" crap that keeps getting spewed around by nerds on the internet, they're usually the exact same people who can on a dime tell you stories about every time they got picked on in high school and how it ruined their lives forever. I mean, generalizations and all sure but I've met enough of these people that I feel pretty safe in this assumption.

For content, have more imgur E/N. poo poo's getting weird.

They're also the people who would get really offended if you made a 9/11 joke or made fun of any of their political or religious beliefs. There's a huge amount of those people who want the right to dish it out but can't even remotely take it

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

kazil posted:

one_of_the_good_ones.jpg

Imgur goes wild for women criticizing women, gays criticizing gays, and blacks criticizing blacks.

White straight dude criticizing white straight dudes? Pshaw get out of here with your white guilt bullshit!

(also, it's scary how little imgur knows about consent)

DON'T NEED BRUTAL RAPE. I'm full up, thanks

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

RareAcumen posted:

http://imgur.com/gallery/zUjs0fC

I feel like this is more a case of libel or slander than gender equality but- oh okay sure, go ahead and request harsher sentences because the woman did a bad thing, sure.

What are false rape charges actually contested under if the person charged went to jail or had their life ruined? There have to be more options than just civil claims like malicious prosecution or defamation right?

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

goose fleet posted:

I'm pretty sure whoever this is a picture of wouldn't be comfortable with the text on this one:

Why was he sleeping at what is obviously a diner?

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

RareAcumen posted:

Oof, yikes

http://imgur.com/gallery/Dkjeg7r

Comments are generally picking out the flaws but the question remains of how it got up there in the first place then? Hmm.

I've read this Milo dude's idiot ramblings before but I'd never actually heard him talk until he was on Joe Rogan's internet show. You can tell within 30 minutes that he doesn't actually care about any of the views he espouses and he's a 100% narcissistic attention whore. The way he contradicts himself and tries desperately to play it cool whenever Rogan points out the dumb poo poo he's saying is extremely telling. Also he spends the first 10 minutes sucking his own dick about how smart and unique he is

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dGL5eRw7rXU

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Gaunab posted:

Milo Yiannopoulous is becoming the voice of angry young white men. It's sort of funny when you think about it.

It's actually extremely fitting cause he's gaming them so he can gently caress them just like they try to do with women

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Eponine posted:

Oh wow, look at this cool toy for adults and kids and the family that is enjoying it!

:catstare:

"All I can think about is my toddler daughter having sex, and how bad I want her to be at it"

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

goose fleet posted:

http://imgur.com/gallery/AGLkA

Do people seriously enjoy reading this poo poo? Walls and walls of text of meaningless conjecture about minor characters from kids movies?

As a child/teenager who owned every single Star Wars guide to species/characters/ships/planets etc books possible, definitely. I'm also one of those losers who still gets a boner for extrenous amounts of flavor text in video games though

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Nuebot posted:

Is that better or worse than someone you know telling you their son will be "amazing at loving because he's got a huge cock for a baby"? Dude, stop thinking about your baby's dick, and stop telling people you're thinking about it. It's weird.

Well it's definitely not worse than that. People can be really weirdly sexual about their children

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Radio Paranoia posted:

Enter the Konami code and the girl will automatically date you!

Lol its worse than that the example is a guy struggling to even hold a conversation with a friend without making a flowchart of topics and breakoff points in his head

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

kazil posted:

Ugh, stop taking offense they are just jokes.

Also, cishet white men are the only people that are allowed to be discriminated against ugh

Those aren't bad for racist uncle jokes honestly but the "pairing a random animal with joke/thought" format is one of the worst things ever

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Borden posted:

Not a content can be good content, I guess.

lol how long have you had this?

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

goose fleet posted:

Notice that the poster intentionally used "Bruce" instead of "Caitlyn"

Also, some comments from that post:

Why do these idiots give a poo poo about anything glamour loving magazine does. How many of them even bothered to read what enterprise was awarding who with what

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

twistedmentat posted:

There are legitimate criticisms of choosing Jenner, but you won't find them on imgur.

It's glamour magazine does any sane person hold their decisions on anything to a certain high standard

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I mean they're not gonna give the award to Malala Yousafazi that chick wears a loving tablecloth everywhere

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

twistedmentat posted:

Yea, okay, that's interesting. Um, sure, maybe its really good cheese, and now you're putting some oscar meyer salami on it, and then taking a giant mayo poo poo on it. No doubt this guy saw "Waygu steaks? That sounds Japanese! Therefor awesome, but you know what would make it better? if i put a bunch expensive versions of cheap rear end poo poo on it because Im a fatass imgur nerd who thinks this is culinary art!"

I don't think this person actually had legit wagyu it's essentially impossible to get outside of japan let alone for personal consumption by a dude who is obviously retarded

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

quadrophrenic posted:

imgur is frustrating because I see poo poo like this and i wanna just hate the whole site, but the comments on this picture are actually okay and appropriately calling this dude a monster and i feel like, just pick a side imgur, stop this endless pointless exercise

It looks like 75% of the votes are upvotes

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Nuebot posted:

I hate smalltalk! Now let me tell you about Dr. Who.

I hate smaltalk! Because I don't have meaningful life experiences or relationships to discuss and would rather talk about the things that distract me from that with great passion. Also half of that I listed is basically small talk cause I don't know what I'm talking about

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

trapped mouse posted:

It's more the fact that, no, a skeleton warrior did not do that, because this sort of situation only happens in people's minds so they can demolish them with a quick but witty remark.

I've literally never encountered a person in real life who fits the tumblr sjw stereotype but I know a few who fit the mra/pua one to a tee. MRA poo poo has become way more mainstream outside internet hugboxes

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

MGTen posted:

That's obvious, but what I don't get is why people are buying it even though it's such a weird story to lie about and so obviously stdh. Not to mention, a majority of the anti-SJW set is rabidly transphobic, so I can't see them effectively using this as any sort of trump card.

I just don't get what on earth possessed someone to lie about this and why people are upvoting it. The whole thing is bizarre.

These people enjoy any sort of fantasy about women being owned or put in their place and are willing to completely ignore the fact that 99% of them are complete stdh. it's not much more complex than that

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

I didn't read past the first 10 responses and it actually seemed kind of sweet, how did people find a way to poo poo on this. don't those types of dudes literally want to be babied in the same way

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I hate that sloth bear thing the worst out of all the imgur animal macros cause it's the exact look some fatass self righteous neckbeard would have while he's sitting stewing in his own insecurities and gross opinions

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

CommunistPancake posted:

how do you have no friends if you have a boyfriend

Have you never known anyone who had a clingy, annoying SO that monopolized their time cause they don't know anyone else to hang out with or talk to? It's a pretty common thing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

A Saucy Bratwurst posted:

freeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee upvoooooooooooooooooooooootes

E:
http://imgur.com/gallery/6MzztL5

:laffo::laffo:

Haha oh noooooo

• Locked thread