Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Abner Cadaver II
Apr 21, 2009

TONIGHT!
I think he'd make a good President! Though probably a better Secretary of State or UN ambassador. Also the metric system is great! And he looks like a muppet prototype of Statler rejected for being too cheery.

That's, well, that's it.

Bye.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Who?

Daduzi
Nov 22, 2005

You can't hide from the Grim Reaper. Especially when he's got a gun.

He was governor of Virginia before Jim Webb

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth
Who in a what now?

Vienna Circlejerk
Jan 28, 2003

The great science sausage party!
A mayonegg.

Paper With Lines
Aug 21, 2013

The snozzberries taste like snozzberries!
Lincoln Chafee's chosen profession was motherfucking blacksmith.

This is our only chance to get someone who does a profession that went out of vogue before ww2! He's the retro candidate!! Hipsters should support him.

Gravy Train Robber
Sep 15, 2007

by zen death robot
other than the metric system I don't really see any points in his favor

i mean maybe he can be a protest candidate and try to get the metric system on the party platform???

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
his best shot is comparing his name to Abraham Lincoln.

He was born for this :downs:

MaliciousBiz
Mar 28, 2010

I Pay to Poast on Internet
Full Metric System NOW!

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012
want to see how the heck right wing cartoonists would try to uncharitably caricature him, he looks so cheery

Gravy Train Robber
Sep 15, 2007

by zen death robot

reignonyourparade posted:

want to see how the heck right wing cartoonists would try to uncharitably caricature him, he looks so cheery

Cheshire Cat

not even difficult

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Gravy Train Robber posted:

i mean maybe he can be a protest candidate and try to get the metric system on the party platform???

I kind of hope he can do this.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Gravy Train Robber posted:

He was a Republican and had enough sense to vote agains the 2003 AUMF against Iraq. What's :shillary:'s excuse.

ATribeCalledKvetch
Nov 5, 2010

I do hate myself, but it has nothing to do with being Jewish.
Does the US have an equivalent to the Department of Weights and Measures? If so, Chafee for secretary of that I guess

railroad terror
Jul 2, 2007

choo choo
http://www.cnn.com/interactive/2015/07/us/metric-road-american-story/

A mention in an article on the metric system on the FRONT PAGE of CNN's politics sub-page....This might be Peak Chafee, guys

Leonard Ghostal
Apr 26, 2006

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

he looks like he talks like a british or something

jury is out until i hear him speak on the TV. until then i'm gonna assume he talks british.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
I'll be seeing him Friday so I'll tell you if he does Tom.

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

Mr Hootington posted:

I'll be seeing him Friday so I'll tell you if he does Tom.

Hello! How are you? Nice. Cool! Thanks~

potato of destiny
Aug 21, 2005

Yeah, welcome to the club, pal.
Can someone explain why this thread, slash candidate, exists? Thank you in advance.

Abner Cadaver II
Apr 21, 2009

TONIGHT!

potato of destiny posted:

Can someone explain why this thread, slash candidate, exists? Thank you in advance.

I like the metric system

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!

Gregoriev posted:

Does the US have an equivalent to the Department of Weights and Measures? If so, Chafee for secretary of that I guess

Under Secretary of Commerce for Standards and Technology

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

Him?

potato of destiny
Aug 21, 2005

Yeah, welcome to the club, pal.
the metric system is very popular in the united states, if you consider the continued popularity of the nine millimetre bullet and the kilogramme measure for cocaine

new kind of cat
May 8, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
He was a one-term Governor from RI who speaks like a bumbling idiot and whose most notable achievement in office was a war against a Christmas tree. It's very funny that he thought he'd have a shot at the White House.

railroad terror
Jul 2, 2007

choo choo

Seiken Hiro posted:

He was a one-term Governor from RI who speaks like a bumbling idiot and whose most notable achievement in office was a war against a Christmas tree. It's very funny that he thought he'd have a shot at the White House.

He already lost an election to a guy named Whitehouse, that's as close as he's ever getting to it

new kind of cat
May 8, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
In my opinion, he's a bored rich man living in the endless encroachment of his father's shadow.

Abner Cadaver II
Apr 21, 2009

TONIGHT!
at least he opposed the Iraq invasion when Democrats like Hillary Clinton were bowing to Bush on it

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle
I don't know much about Lincoln Shapey tbh

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

lol dude is literally running in the hopes of getting a cabinet position

Abner Cadaver II
Apr 21, 2009

TONIGHT!

TEAYCHES posted:

lol dude is literally running in the hopes of getting a cabinet position

you gotta hustle for that Under Secretariat

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009
Can't strafe the Chafe.

new kind of cat
May 8, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
He should have nationalized 38 Studios. Just think of the wealth he could have brought to Rhode Island had the Kingdoms of Amalur MMO been completed! We may have even replaced every statue of Roger Williams in the state with Curt Schilling.

railroad terror
Jul 2, 2007

choo choo
C'mon fellow Ocean Staters! LINK-MENTUM!!!!

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

railroad terror posted:

C'mon fellow Ocean Staters! LINK-MENTUM!!!!

They were gonna go with Chafe-mentum, but it didn't catch on for some reason.

Kleptobot
Nov 6, 2009
His dad was a sorta famous Senator who voted against impeaching Clinton back in '99, and the Chafester was just doing that nepotist thing of filling in his dad's seat after he died while not actually doing much himself. He voted against the Iraq war, so I guess that's a plus.

He's exactly the candidate today's leading Democrats love: wealthy family, no big scandals to his name, will make occasional leftist platitudes while doing nothing about them, and won't upset the rich people who own this country. If it weren't for Hillary they'd be rallying around this guy.

It's possible that some of what I wrote is incorrect but I honestly can't be bothered to look it up. The best he can hope for is some cabinet position in a Hillary administration.

railroad terror
Jul 2, 2007

choo choo

Kleptobot posted:

His dad was a sorta famous Senator who voted against impeaching Clinton back in '99, and the Chafester was just doing that nepotist thing of filling in his dad's seat after he died while not actually doing much himself. He voted against the Iraq war, so I guess that's a plus.

He's exactly the candidate today's leading Democrats love: wealthy family, no big scandals to his name, will make occasional leftist platitudes while doing nothing about them, and won't upset the rich people who own this country. If it weren't for Hillary they'd be rallying around this guy.

It's possible that some of what I wrote is incorrect but I honestly can't be bothered to look it up. The best he can hope for is some cabinet position in a Hillary administration.

Fun fact about ol' Chafe, he's actually a Blacksmith. Secretary of Metal in the Hillary cabinet

City of Tampa
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot
we already use the metric system. Any decent American machinist or engineer can freely switch between SAE and metric measurements at will, and is very familiar and comfortable with either.

Abner Cadaver II
Apr 21, 2009

TONIGHT!

City of Tampa posted:

we already use the metric system. Any decent American machinist or engineer can freely switch between SAE and metric measurements at will, and is very familiar and comfortable with either.

yeah but I'm still sore about this mars orbiter: http://www.cnn.com/TECH/space/9909/30/mars.metric.02/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

lol i was trying to find this thanks

• Locked thread