Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth
Here is a subset of issues that are of similar importance but all of them have some merit that puts them head and shoulders above "gun control". Feel free to discuss frivolous social touchstone issues itt.

• Animal Rights
  • Cyber-bullying
  • Defense of traditional Marriage
  • Family Values
  • Religious Freedom (Christianity under attack!!!)
  • The Transportation Security Administration screening practices.
  • Your rear end or a Hole in the Ground.

Note that this NOT a thread to discuss Gun Control, because lol why the gently caress would anyone care about that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost
What about cyber bullying animals? Where do the candidates stand on people who post nasty things on grumpy cat's Facebook wall?

Tercio
Jan 30, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EaZGaJrd3x8

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Mirthless posted:

What about cyber bullying animals? Where do the candidates stand on people who post nasty things on grumpy cat's Facebook wall?

Agreed. I'm not comfortable voting for Hillary until she lays out her step-by-step plan to protect our cyber-pets.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Mirthless posted:

What about bullying cyber animals?

platzapS
Aug 4, 2007

Being strongly for or against GMO labeling is maybe dumber than caring about guns.

MrBims
Sep 25, 2007

by Ralp

Powercrazy posted:

Note that this NOT a thread to discuss Gun Control, because lol why the gently caress would anyone care about that.

Guns are expected to kill more Americans than automobiles will this year.

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

hate crimes against robots are only a thing in Philly

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

platzapS posted:

Being strongly for or against GMO labeling is maybe dumber than caring about guns.

I think coming up with a more robust framework to define what a GMO/GE actually is could be a worthy goal since all Genetic Engineering isn't equal.

MrBims posted:

Automobiles are getting safer every year :)

Paper With Lines
Aug 21, 2013

The snozzberries taste like snozzberries!

Powercrazy posted:

Here is a subset of issues that are of similar importance but all of them have some merit that puts them head and shoulders above "gun control". Feel free to discuss frivolous social touchstone issues itt.

• Animal Rights
  • Cyber-bullying
  • Defense of traditional Marriage
  • Family Values
  • Religious Freedom (Christianity under attack!!!)
  • The Transportation Security Administration screening practices.
  • Your rear end or a Hole in the Ground.

I bet cyber bullying is super important to the small far left "cultural marxist" component of the democratic base.

breadshaped
Apr 1, 2010

Soiled Meat
The disarmament of every single civilian, passing of the "Protect Our Freedom Act" and commencement of Barry Obama's third and forever term is the single most important gift the American people will ever receive.

Gum
Mar 9, 2008

oho, a rapist
time to try this puppy out
if america enacted strong gun control laws it would likely save a lot of lives

point of return
Aug 13, 2011

by exmarx
gun control would be a really good suicide prevention measure

Garcin
Jun 15, 2000
Halberd control, most important.

So many edges and pointy things! How are our mounted knights supposed to defend against this ghastly and unsportsmanlike weapon?

Bar Crow
Oct 10, 2012
Bulk trash pickup is a very important issue. I've got a bunch of leaves and branches and old lawn furniture that I need to throw away. I'd take it to the dump myself but I don't have a truck so I'd have rent one so whatever. The point is the government need to send some guys around to pick it up for me. I don't even care what Obama does with it afterwards.

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

MrBims posted:

So what's the problem?

I suppose we could speed up the process by making even more guns.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Bar Crow posted:

Bulk trash pickup is a very important issue. I've got a bunch of leaves and branches and old lawn furniture that I need to throw away. I'd take it to the dump myself but I don't have a truck so I'd have rent one so whatever. The point is the government need to send some guys around to pick it up for me. I don't even care what Obama does with it afterwards.

That's a municipal issue not a federal one, friend.

Bar Crow
Oct 10, 2012

Powercrazy posted:

That's a municipal issue not a federal one, friend.

I ain't mulching, pal. I just need Obama to throw it in a government trash hole or ship it to China or something.

Another issue is those payday places. They're bad for the poor because they turn short-term liquidity problems into long-term inescapable debt and stuff. But the real problem is one replaced the Taco Bell near my house. I only ate there once or twice but I liked having the option.

Helsing
Aug 23, 2003

DON'T POST IN THE ELECTION THREAD UNLESS YOU :love::love::love: JOE BIDEN
Is gun control isn't important than why do so many politicians talk about it? :colbert:

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

Slothgate posted:

Halberd control, most important.

So many edges and pointy things! How are our mounted knights supposed to defend against this ghastly and unsportsmanlike weapon?

polearm formation fighting should be a part of physical education in public school. nothing builds the bonds that strengthen a polis better than weekly phalanx drill

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
who the republican nom is going to be

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

zeal posted:

polearm formation fighting should be a part of physical education in public school. nothing builds the bonds that strengthen a polis better than weekly phalanx drill

Agreed. Put some bayonets on some rifles and with the weekly drills and you'd have a well organized militia.

Idiot Kicker
Jun 13, 2007
I've never experienced a grocery store right before a hurricane, but I have experienced a Sportsman's Warehouse right after a Democrat became President and it looked the same.

Bar Crow
Oct 10, 2012
Chemtails. Maybe they are real. I see some lines in the sky but maybe those are just skinny clouds. If the government is spraying chemicals in the air, they should stop. If they aren't, then maybe they should start. Things are pretty messed up so try something okay.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
serious question: If we went with public financing of elections and corporations were no longer able to buy politicians, what kind of impact would that have on the NRA's power in the US?

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

NotWearingPants posted:

serious question: If we went with public financing of elections and corporations were no longer able to buy politicians, what kind of impact would that have on the NRA's power in the US?

The NRA has a ton of grass roots supporters and donors, so probably not a lot. The NRA was a powerful lobby before CU because it influences a lot of votes, not just because they have a ton of money and industry support.

Shark Sandwich
Sep 6, 2010

by R. Guyovich
I'd support gun control if we got as much medieval weaponry as we wanted instead

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Slaughterhouse-Ive posted:

I'd support gun control if we got as much medieval weaponry as we wanted instead

Trebuchet supremacy!

Garcin
Jun 15, 2000
The only way we can truly voice our opinion is to hurl dead and diseased cow carcasses over the walls of our capital buildings.

We must amend the 1st ammendment to include this protection.

Also over the walls of our neighbors house when they are playing loud music late into the night. WHAT THE gently caress, PUDDLE OF MUDD? *cowbomb*

Abner Cadaver II
Apr 21, 2009

TONIGHT!
An Arbalest In Every Garage

VOTE VLAD TEPESH

Red Minjo
Oct 20, 2010

Out of the houses, which is the most blue?

The answer might not be be obvious at first.

Gravy Boat 2k

I want the UN to personally come and take everyone's guns, and destroy them, if this will happen. I want paratroopers with pikes, and jeeps with pikes, and tanks with pikes. Pikes everywhere.

e: the planes probably won't have pikes, but they can still move fast, so it's cool anyway.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

A whole bunch of social issues that ended up being decided by the supreme court in some major fashion in the last century. Basically anyone who cares about Roe V. Wade still on either side of it is tilting at windmills and that poo poo is actually less important than gun control which you can do things with up to some degree before you start infringing on the 2nd amendment as interpreted by some imaginary SCOTUS containing Scalia and 8 of his clones.

Abner Cadaver II
Apr 21, 2009

TONIGHT!

Red Minjo posted:

e: the planes probably won't have pikes, but they can still move fast, so it's cool anyway.

if they're WW1-era planes and the pilots have lances we could introduce aerial jousting

Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

atheists crying about religious displays and stuff

it's literally someone being upset about a threat that they themselves consider imaginary and fake

Boosted_C5
Feb 16, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 years!
Grimey Drawer
All of them OP.

HTH

Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

protecting US sovereignty from the United Nations

Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

people in Texas get very riled up about schools teaching things not approved by Billy Graham

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Free coinage of silver, OP.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Bar Crow posted:

Chemtails. Maybe they are real. I see some lines in the sky but maybe those are just skinny clouds. If the government is spraying chemicals in the air, they should stop. If they aren't, then maybe they should start. Things are pretty messed up so try something okay.

I think this is a legitimate answer to the question. On-the-other-hand, The Government does spray "for mosquitoes" in much of the south :tinfoil:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Sorry Crossbows are scary enough that they are regulated with state gun laws.

• Locked thread