Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Abner Cadaver II
Apr 21, 2009

TONIGHT!

Powercrazy posted:

I figured out an issue less important then Gun Control--Adopting the Metric System.

is it a .38 or a 9mm???

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth
Well you know what Chafee always says, give those gun grabbers 2.54cm and they'll take 1.6 kilometers.

LeJackal
Apr 5, 2011
Gun Control always has been a smokescreen and a red herring. Why bother addressing the actual root causes of strife and trouble in the country like wealth and income inequality, the war on drugs and for-profit prison systems, institutionalized racism, corporate welfare, etc and so on when its so easy to say 'oh its all this one things we can totes ban LOL!'.

Still, everyone gets dick-achingly hard about it and/or shits themselves to death about and its a lovely hill for Democrats to die on. It is not only not worth the political effort, but actively harmful to get meaningful policy passed. Its poison.

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin
Have we tried banning barrel shrouds? It couldn't hurt!

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.
Can we PLEASE stop all gun violence by banning any firearm with an ergonomic handle? (makes it easier for spree shooters to hold onto them)

Abner Cadaver II
Apr 21, 2009

TONIGHT!
just give everyone swords

Nuclear Pogostick
Apr 9, 2007

Bouncing towards victory
arm the proletariat now

total syndicalism today

fight me

Kleptobot
Nov 6, 2009
Is there a less important issue than disease control? So a bunch of people died from cholera, and now you wanna shut off an infected water pump so more people don't get sick and maybe die? What a loving idiot. You need to eliminate the very nature of sickness first, otherwise they'll just die from some other diseases. Keep your hippie "un-infected water" ideas away from me.

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

Abner Cadaver II posted:

just give everyone swords

mandatory phalanx practice in public schools, ages 12+, with equipment standardized to the classical Macedonian model. nothing builds civic virtue like regular formation drills in bronze armor with 18-foot pikes.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Kleptobot posted:

Is there a less important issue than disease control? So a bunch of people died from cholera, and now you wanna shut off an infected water pump so more people don't get sick and maybe die? What a loving idiot. You need to eliminate the very nature of sickness first, otherwise they'll just die from some other diseases. Keep your hippie "un-infected water" ideas away from me.

I think you are in the wrong thread, friend. Since communicable disease is in no way comparable to firearms, or independent actions of humans, it almost seems like you are constructing a strawman or are just an idiot.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

zeal posted:

mandatory phalanx practice in public schools, ages 12+, with equipment standardized to the classical Macedonian model. nothing builds civic virtue like regular formation drills in bronze armor with 18-foot pikes.

Why not use modern weapons?

crazy eights
Aug 23, 2015

by Lowtax

Powercrazy posted:

Are you nuts OP?

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

Powercrazy posted:

Compromise: muskets.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

SedanChair posted:

Bolt-action, single shot rifles seem like a good compromise for 12 year olds to get to used to handling weapons, working on their aim and hand eye coordination for fast reloads. They can also do all the parade drills etc and of course much safer to fire then a musket.

LeJackal
Apr 5, 2011

SedanChair posted:

Comprise: First Amendment only applies to material written by hand or hand-operated printing presses.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

LeJackal posted:

Comprise: First Amendment only applies to material written by hand or hand-operated printing presses.

The gently caress are you talking about, we're talking about a curriculum here

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe
SOMEBODY SAID THE WORD COMPROMISE, THAT MEANS COMPROMISE ON GUN RIGHTS :siren:

Spring into action! There's not even time to make sure I spelled "compromise" correctly

YorexTheMad
Apr 16, 2007
OBAMA IS A FALSE MESSIAH

ABANDON ALL HOPE

LeJackal posted:

its a lovely hill for Democrats to die on. It is not only not worth the political effort, but actively harmful to get meaningful policy passed. Its poison.

You're right.

You're morally wrong, you're still a horrible person for having such a hard-on for guns, but this sentence and a half is correct.

LeJackal
Apr 5, 2011

SedanChair posted:

SOMEBODY SAID THE WORD COMPROMISE, THAT MEANS COMPROMISE ON GUN RIGHTS :siren:

Spring into action! There's not even time to make sure I spelled "compromise" correctly

Ya caught me. I made a bad post.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

YorexTheMad posted:

You're right.

You're morally wrong, you're still a horrible person for having such a hard-on for guns, but this sentence and a half is correct.

This is what we call a coalition.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

YorexTheMad posted:

You're right.

If anything, historically, the people that are so care mad about guns are the ones with hard-ons.

point of return
Aug 13, 2011

by exmarx

-Troika- posted:

If anything, historically, the people that are so care mad about guns are the ones with hard-ons.

Did you actually start caring about guns because of Fate/Zero? lol if true

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

-Troika- posted:

Well, some of them would probably just like for people not to get shot so much, and have no idea where to start.

Others are power-hungry elitists of course

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

point of return posted:

Did you actually start caring about guns because of Fate/Zero? lol if true

I cared about guns far before that, I just had that custom title because I made someone in D&D mad enough to spend money on it. I miss that title, it was better than my current hot dog one which some GBS loser gave me for making fun of doobie in QCS :(

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

-Troika- posted:

Historically, nearly half of all people had a hard-on at some point.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

If you include wide-ons, that brings the figure up to 90%.

Peztopiary
Mar 16, 2009

by exmarx
Can't believe circumcision didn't make the cut.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Peztopiary posted:

Is circumcision even an election issue? I've never heard a politician mention it.

moller
Jan 10, 2007

Swan stole my music and framed me!
We stand on the prepuce of an important decision and now have the chance to to make a vas deferens In peehole's lives. But of course the same old stiffs feed us a cock and bull story about how it's not a true matter of pubic health.

Glans.

TROIKA CURES GREEK
Jun 30, 2015

by R. Guyovich

Jewel Repetition posted:

Is circumcision even an election issue? I've never heard a politician mention it.

*woosh*

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Peztopiary posted:

Circumcision could potentially be a thing eventually, since most people agree child abuse is bad. So when you have religion supported child abuse there may be a point where people don't tolerate anymore.

That tipping point will be pretty important to a lot of people with opposite opinions.

Unlike gun control which is strictly used by low-information voters with no other relation to anything .

ate shit on live tv has issued a correction as of 16:17 on Sep 21, 2015

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

Powercrazy posted:

firearms are the weapons of cowards. practice with them can never imbue the next generation with the virtues necessary to expand the glory of their city-states

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

SedanChair posted:

Dress them up in Civil War uniforms; mandate that every uniform be a Union uniform.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

zeal posted:

firearms are the weapons of cowards. practice with them can never imbue the next generation with the virtues necessary to expand the glory of their city-states

Ah, but you see "honor" was a conceit similar to the Just World concept and as such has no place today.

• Locked thread