Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Proposition Joe
Oct 8, 2010

He was a good man

The Transhumanist Party is running Zoltan Istvan for President of the United States of America in 2016. Sure, Bernie Sanders promises voters things like universal health care and income equality, but where does he stand on exoskeletons? Also who needs universal health care when you can live forever and your party has a dedicated biohacking expert??

Transhumanist Party

Zoltan Istvan Campaign Website

Why I'm Running for President as the Transhumanist Candidate

quote:

Last October, I declared my 2016 US candidacy under the newly formed Transhumanist Party, which I founded, and promised my community of techno-optimists I’d do everything I could to use my campaign as a way to speed up the arrival of robotic hearts, brain implants, artificial limbs, exoskeleton suits, and indefinite lifespans—all of which are just a small part of the radical science transhumanists aim to make a standard part of people’s lives.

I'm supporting this candidate and my appointment to FEMA will be finalized within his first week as President.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

global tetrahedron
Jun 24, 2009

This guy seems dumb as gently caress hth

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme
live forever with Zoltan

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

this guy better get back in the loving shield room I need that extra power bar

Jamoke
Feb 13, 2010

HAMDINGERS
Not a very presidential name, "Zoltan."

Sounds more like...

e:

Jamoke has issued a correction as of 04:34 on Aug 5, 2015

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
id vote for him

i want my cybernetic arm that can punch walls and snap people's neck like a toothpick

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
gently caress that poo poo, vote rockman for president

#rockthevote2016

Gravy Train Robber
Sep 15, 2007

by zen death robot
Transhumanists are the worst kind of technofascist

lambeth
Aug 31, 2009
gently caress no, we don't need the Baby Boomers living longer.

ATribeCalledKvetch
Nov 5, 2010

I do hate myself, but it has nothing to do with being Jewish.

Zoltan's lovely picture posted:

"Atheist" - Fox News Channel

Is that an endorsement?

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

I think Malatora had the most realistic vision of a transhumanist society, well the fanfic thread did.

Something Else
Dec 27, 2004

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
if he's so trans-human then what's with all that lovely flesh on his face

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Technocracy_movement

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/adamcurtis/entries/efba0b39-7e33-366f-a0b0-7a412764f0ed

Abner Cadaver II
Apr 21, 2009

TONIGHT!
He'd have better luck if he dressed like Howard Scott.

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme
the North American Technate will reign

rise from the ashes and march toward progress in the final tomorrow

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Excelzior posted:

Good game.

Duckbox
Sep 7, 2007

Excelzior posted:

I prefer to stick them in the engine room, personally, but if you get two of them on shields you can apparently get ion-proof power which is pretty neat.

I'm talking about computer games because they're more relevant to the real world than whatever hack scifi Zoltan the Magnificent has been reading.

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

Stafford Beer

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

What are Zoltan's plans wrt the Continuum Transfunctioner?

Grand Prize Winner
Feb 19, 2007

hosed up if true.

Something Else
Dec 27, 2004

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

hemophilia posted:

What are Zoltan's plans wrt the Continuum Transfunctioner?

To take us to another planet with cool aliens who like us

platzapS
Aug 4, 2007

quote:

Humanity stands to be profoundly affected by science and technology in the future. We envision the possibility of broadening human potential by overcoming aging, cognitive shortcomings, involuntary suffering, and our confinement to planet Earth.

We believe that humanity’s potential is still mostly unrealized. There are possible scenarios that lead to wonderful and exceedingly worthwhile enhanced human conditions.

We recognize that humanity faces serious risks, especially from the misuse of new technologies. There are possible realistic scenarios that lead to the loss of most, or even all, of what we hold valuable. Some of these scenarios are drastic, others are subtle. Although all progress is change, not all change is progress.

Research effort needs to be invested into understanding these prospects. We need to carefully deliberate how best to reduce risks and expedite beneficial applications. We also need forums where people can constructively discuss what should be done, and a social order where responsible decisions can be implemented.

Reduction of existential risks, and development of means for the preservation of life and health, the alleviation of grave suffering, and the improvement of human foresight and wisdom should be pursued as urgent priorities, and heavily funded.

Policy making ought to be guided by responsible and inclusive moral vision, taking seriously both opportunities and risks, respecting autonomy and individual rights, and showing solidarity with and concern for the interests and dignity of all people around the globe. We must also consider our moral responsibilities towards generations that will exist in the future.

We advocate the well-being of all sentience, including humans, non-human animals, and any future artificial intellects, modified life forms, or other intelligences to which technological and scientific advance may give rise.

We favour allowing individuals wide personal choice over how they enable their lives. This includes use of techniques that may be developed to assist memory, concentration, and mental energy; life extension therapies; reproductive choice technologies; cryonics procedures; and many other possible human modification and enhancement technologies.

Abner Cadaver II
Apr 21, 2009

TONIGHT!
they're gonna make human embryos turn into cats and donkeys! :argh:

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

Abner Cadaver II posted:

they're gonna make human embryos turn into cats and donkeys! :argh:

bush's animal-human hybrid concerns from the state of the union address finally realized.

YOU A FUCKING HAT
Jun 7, 1979

I CAN'T BE STOPPED OR REASONED WITH

He promises a replicator in every pot and a chicken in every replicator.

#voteStarfleet

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Top City Homo posted:

Stafford Beer

Brain of the Firm makes for a good read.

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Brain of the Firm makes for a good read.

dude owns

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Read Cybernetic Revolutionaries to get a better sense of how completely out-of-touch he was at the time of Cybersyn from how his vision for an organized society clashed with class differences, and how much of the initiative for him coming to Chile was actually due to Chileans, especially Fernando Flores.

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Read Cybernetic Revolutionaries to get a better sense of how completely out-of-touch he was at the time of Cybersyn from how his vision for an organized society clashed with class differences, and how much of the initiative for him coming to Chile was actually due to Chileans, especially Fernando Flores.

will do

pretty sure he was waaay ahead of his time.

it is much easier to design a cybersyn system today with the ~Big Data~ meme and ~Internet of Things~ and ~QR Codes~ than in the 70s.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

I hate ~this thing~

whatever the gently caress it is

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Just don't lose your ~marbles~

:forkbomb:

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
They really need to rethink the name and make it sound cooler. Like cyborgnauts.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
If this gets me a datajack within my lifetime then gently caress it, all in.

Bodyholes
Jun 30, 2005

Gravy Train Robber posted:

Transhumanists are the worst kind of technofascist

transhumanism is cool and good, but it's literally 99% sci fi right now

distant sci fi

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme
i want to jack in to the transhumanist future

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Mental-Rectangle posted:

transhumanism is cool and good, but it's literally 99% sci fi right now

distant sci fi

Yeah who needs a bioport? The real technofascism is wage schedules, web-based State primaries with youtube campaign ads, and constant drone video overwatch.

stoutfish
Oct 8, 2012

by zen death robot

Top City Homo posted:

i want to jack off to the transhumanist future

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

McDowell posted:

Yeah who needs a bioport? The real technofascism is wage schedules, web-based State primaries with youtube campaign ads, and constant drone video overwatch.

Sounds entirely reasonable to me.

free basket of chips
Sep 7, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I'm backing the hopefully first Dwarf president. Zoltan 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

The Ambrosia Vaccines will be on schedule. Zoltan 2016

• Locked thread