Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EngineerSean
Feb 9, 2004

by zen death robot

Excelzior posted:

this guy better get back in the loving shield room I need that extra power bar

this is why I clicked the thread too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VlGADx1s1zQ

Prison Planet Dut Com!

Bryter
Nov 6, 2011

but since we are small we may-
uh, we may be the losers

quote:

David and Zoltan discuss the future of humanity and what Zoltan would do if he was elected President of the United States of America specifically regarding how he would use taxpayer money to fund life extension research

can someone watch this for me and tell me if he at any point admits that transhumanism is just a codeword for being really fuckin terrified of death

thanks

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Bryter posted:

can someone watch this for me and tell me if he at any point admits that transhumanism is just a codeword for being really fuckin terrified of death

thanks

As soon as they can safely revive people from suspended animation I think we're going to see a whole lot of people trying to wake up in a future where they can be immortal.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Bryter posted:

thanks

Hey it's not just the primal human fear of death. It's also pining for a future where the guys with the money and resources to be 'techies' and 'early adopters' can leave the filthy unwashed poor behind and become robot gods.

So, ya know, Donald Trump, but for sci-fi dorks.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
I remember once I was at Footlocker, and they had this shirt with a badass looking cyborg basketball player doing a totally sick slam dunk. I wanted it even though I'm not actually a basketball fan, but it cost $30 so I decided not to get it.

I think about this little story of mine every time I hear the word transhumanist.

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW
Whats his stance on Deus Ex?

Faux-Ass Nonsense
Feb 9, 2013

by Lowtax
that's the most hungarian name ever

RudeCat
Aug 7, 2012

The rudest cat for the rudest jobs

Not enough gold