Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
blastron
Dec 11, 2007

Don't doodle on it!

Grrl Power: "People with superpowers are naturally hot as hell. Also they do not grow body hair which is good because several of my female characters are invincible and would thus have hairy legs which is gross. Let's have a shower scene!"

Its genre-savvy main character and smart fight scenes are really kinda cool, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blastron
Dec 11, 2007

Don't doodle on it!

Yeah, I binge-read Daughter of Lilies, and it's pretty cool. It seems pretty obvious that they're going to push a persecution angle (the protagonist is hated on sight, there was a preacher waving around a book saying THIS IS THE TRUTH and people calling him crazy, etc) but it has yet to be seen how deep the rabbit hole this is going to go.

Best case scenario, this is a fantasy setting with strong Judeo-Christian flavoring, like so many other stories draw heavily on other religious or spiritual themes for their fantastical elements. Worst case scenario, I stop reading.

blastron
Dec 11, 2007

Don't doodle on it!

The best part about not using a feed for my webcomics is having a bookmarks folder of 50+ comics, tagged with their scheduled update days, that I go through on a fairly regular schedule. This is not clunky at all.

blastron
Dec 11, 2007

Don't doodle on it!

Poppy: I thought that Kit couldn't actually see light, just the chemical makeup of things, which is why she's such a genius chemist but also can't see reflections in mirrors. Does Poppy's personal antimagic negate that, letting Kit see Poppy (and her reflection in Poppy's eyes) normally?

blastron
Dec 11, 2007

Don't doodle on it!

Did the artist formerly known as John Campbell ever say what they want people to call them, either in terms of pronoun or actual name? (other than, presumably, "a piece of trash") It feels kind of weird to be talking about a trans(?)person by their old name and a gender-neutral pronoun.

blastron
Dec 11, 2007

Don't doodle on it!

I don't know if she reads this dead, gay comedy forum, but maybe posting mean things about her serves as tacit encouragement of this behavior? If she's self-loathing to the point that she wants other people to loathe her too, this may be exactly what she's hoping to hear so that her hatred of herself is justified externally.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blastron
Dec 11, 2007

Don't doodle on it!

wiegieman posted:

Your monthly reminder that Aaron Diaz gets $4500/mo for this poo poo.

God drat, I need to get good at drawing muscled cyborg tomboys and take an introductory philosophy class so I can jump on this train too.

• Locked thread