Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr Phillby
Apr 8, 2009

~TRAVIS~
For an image sharing platform Tumblr is pretty poo poo in general, but especially for comics.

I love it how clicking on a tall image brings up a smaller version of that image because the full screen view scales for height.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Phillby
Apr 8, 2009

~TRAVIS~
It's alright but it's no RIP AND TEAR.

Mr Phillby
Apr 8, 2009

~TRAVIS~

FlyinPingu posted:

I checked it a little bit ago and it's updated since then, so it appears to just be chugging along, albeit slowly.
From the buttlord tumblr:

quote:

It’s been a while, hasn’t it? As middle-aged adults with homes, families and other responsibilities, finding time for webcomics has proven difficult. Both Andy and I are still enthusiastic about Buttlord, and while updates will never be plentiful, we are planning to get this thing rolling again. "Stay tooned”.

Mr Phillby
Apr 8, 2009

~TRAVIS~
As storytelling miss-steps go "I wanted to write a story about a heroic sexy rapist" probably required mythical thousand-league boots.

Mr Phillby
Apr 8, 2009

~TRAVIS~
Jorf Jocks seems like a nice guy even though he draws a boring comic so I hope he doesn't hurt himself again over dumb tumblr bullshit. :(

T.G. Xarbala posted:

Someone's been posting a manga about Ainu in there recently and it's good.

There's actually a lot of discussion and interesting and/or weird stuff posted in the other thread.
I used to follow the PHIZ Webcomic thread, that one introduced me to a lot of wierd and cool poo poo. I might have to actually follow the new bad thread if it's more like that again. What subforum is it hiding in these days?

Mr Phillby
Apr 8, 2009

~TRAVIS~

fun hater posted:

its 2016 and people are still looking to ways to complain about stylized noses, lit the least important thing anyone could form a strong opinion about
yeah we're not talking wavy teeth here

Mr Phillby
Apr 8, 2009

~TRAVIS~
Iirc Straub sold the rights to Candle Cove years ago and has nothing to do with it anymore.

Also a couple of Penny Arcade things got optioned for Hollywood films so it's not completely unheard of.

Mr Phillby
Apr 8, 2009

~TRAVIS~

Nuebot posted:

I still haven't read the ending. As much as I loved the series the whole "You liked this? Well the ending is only available in the book!" thing kind of just killed it for me even though I would have bought the book anyway. I am that petty. :shrug:
So you're protesting the book you were planning on buying having extra content you hadn't already read for free online. That's not petty that's just insane.

Also there's a world of difference between 'book exclusive epilogue' and holding the ending of the book hostage like you describe. You got the whole story already, does missing the after credits sequence really ruin it for you?

Mr Phillby
Apr 8, 2009

~TRAVIS~

Captain Oblivious posted:

What I'm getting from all this is that I made the right call when I checked out of Prequel ages ago due to a vague sense of "this comic and it's creator seem kinda sketchy I dunno"
I stopped reading after I stumbled upon a pole dancing minigame in one of the walkaround flash updates.

Mr Phillby
Apr 8, 2009

~TRAVIS~
It's an incredibly safe design because almost everyone who uses it does so in a state of terror-heightened cautiousness:

wikipedia posted:

wikipedia: In 2005, it was voted the worst roundabout in a survey by a UK insurance company.[6] In September 2007, the Magic Roundabout was named as one of the World's Worst Junctions by a UK motoring magazine.[7] In December 2007, BBC News reported a survey identifying The Magic Roundabout as one of the "10 Scariest Junctions in the United Kingdom";[8] however, the roundabout provides a better throughput of traffic than other designs and has an excellent safety record, since traffic moves too slowly to do serious damage in the event of a collision.[9]

In 2010, the National Cooperative Highway Research Program concluded that the roundabout reduces injurious crashes by three quarters.[10][11]

Mr Phillby
Apr 8, 2009

~TRAVIS~
Did PvP have any ideas to begin with

Mr Phillby
Apr 8, 2009

~TRAVIS~
I visited the website and it looks the comic is currenty about his colour-coded player 1-4 characters playing D&D.

The Adventure Zone it ain't.

Mr Phillby
Apr 8, 2009

~TRAVIS~

YggiDee posted:

I can't read hover-text on my phone so putting important info there drives me up the wall.
I'm using chrome on android and usually holding my thumb on the image for a second or two brings up the title text for me.

Mr Phillby
Apr 8, 2009

~TRAVIS~

Zeeman posted:

Bukowski comic is something else, hammer comic (A three part series!) is still up:

If you can keep your head while all around are losing theirs, you can go apeshit with a hammer and become a man my son. Then you will be sad and be a boy again so we can play catch I guess????

Mr Phillby
Apr 8, 2009

~TRAVIS~
Do you have a problem with relationships between children in general or is it only when they are lesbians?

Mr Phillby
Apr 8, 2009

~TRAVIS~
Did the first image actually get used in an article about Stonehenge or is it just yet another loss edit?

Mr Phillby
Apr 8, 2009

~TRAVIS~
I meant that did the picture that is a photomanip of stonehenge to look like loss.jpg get used by mistake in an actual article about stonehenge as is implied by the included caption, which is really funny as thats not what stonehenge really looks like, or is it that the caption was included to add authenticity to the picture ie. to fool people who don't know what stonehenge actually looks like into believing from a certain angle stonehenge really does have stones arranged in a way that resembles loss.jpg and therefore this is just a run of the mill loss edit meme picture being shared on the internet?

I know what stonehenge looks like it doesn't have stones arranged in that way at all you don't have to link me a picture of stonehenge like i don't know what it actually looks like I've been there. I've been as close to stonehenge as english heritage will allow visitors to be to stonehenge. I've seen a timeteam special where they went so close to stonehenge that the camera men were within stonehenge

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Phillby
Apr 8, 2009

~TRAVIS~

Swery is a treasure

• Locked thread