Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
nimby
Nov 4, 2009

The pinnacle of cloud computing.

Carrasco posted:

Today's Dr McNinja: King Radical was the only man to enter the Senate with honest intentions.

I loved the alt text and believe it to be true.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

Worst thing is his announcement that it'll get released in print. It's a horrible wreck that I just can't look away from, even if it is just setups for more filth.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

Renaissance Robot posted:

In a twist that surprises no one, Jason Shiga reveals he doesn't know poo poo about women.

Wasn't that made abundantly clear with the weaponized cumfart?

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

SynthOrange posted:

They killed an entire family in this fight. :smith:

They've killed a lot more than just this family.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

He was on the run and needed to hide that key, he put it where his pursuers wouldn't look.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

ArchRanger posted:

I really didn't mind the text-only updates which I imagine are going to happen again. Hopefully they actually carry on the main plot instead of farting around in side-stories for a year again.

If he starts writing out accents again, I'm out.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

Renaissance Robot posted:

Today in Girl Genius: a chekhov's gun has clearly just gone off yet I have no idea what they're talking about.

Isn't she carrying around Tarveks notebook?

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

I think Jimmy might finally be dead.

Or possessing a possible foetus inside Hunter's currently possessed body.

It's a comic by Jason Shiga, he's possessing the foetus.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

Autonomous Monster posted:

We don't know. He set the wasp eaters off, but we never actually saw him wasped.

My guess is that Klaus used a wasp-like thing to download his mind into Gil, setting off the weasels without being wasted by the Other.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

The more pressing question for me is why Hunter keeps up an illusion that Jimmy escaped their fight somehow. Is he getting lonely and needs a demon partner?

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

MikeJF posted:

Dead, or causing way more damage than Jimmy ever dreamed of.

Hunter had a massive "airtight" defense fortress before, it got blown up by Jimmy hijacking a fighter pilot and firing missiles. Why does he go through all the trouble of lining the walls with death row inmates, have a courtyard of peg-legged marines and then con-joined twins, followed by commandos who undermine Hunter's best survival strategy?

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

Brought To You By posted:

So in Demon, I think Hunter just won.

And we're only 71% into the comic. gently caress knows what else Shiga is gonna pull out if his rear end.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

MikeJF posted:

Also, I love Hunter's incredibly stupid plan. Replace every democratically-elected leader of the future world with a person happy to ruthlessly and first-handedly murder a dozen people to reach that position and think that this somehow leads to lasting peace.

They were talking about non-suicide demonic transfers earlier, the 33 day rule.

It's still a stupid as gently caress plan, but it might not involve chain suicides up to the leader level.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

SynthOrange posted:

Shiga must love drawing the hell out of these past few pages.

He knows he's getting this poo poo published, he wants to get the most out of his comic by getting loads of ink onto the pages.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

RoboCicero posted:

to be honest i thought that the flastical would be suffering whatever the flastical equivalent of blood loss/oxygen deprivation would be, considering that it's not connected to a body with a functioning heart or lungs. or hey, maybe his thousands of victims all flatsicaled up and blocked him in.

Maybe we're now looking at what happens when a demon gets killed when closest to another demon. He's going to think his flastical out of imprisonment inside Hunter's flastical and make everything right again.

Or he got stuck in the potential foetus so he's imprisoned inside Hunter's belly.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

MikeJF posted:

Yeah Doc I think King Radical might've been the better option congrats on screwing everything up again

C'mon, cut him some slack. Everyone knows you stop evil with a bigger evil. You just need to escalate the evils fast enough so none of them do any real damage.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

Quitting so close to the end?

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

Schlock tries to change tone and scope every storyline. He'd have been better off if he was following different mercenary companies for each storyline.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

Brought To You By posted:

I thought that using bodyjacking assassins to take over the world's upper management would be a lot more...subtle. But no way people wouldn't notice the sudden news of multiple suicides at the same time during the same day all over the world. Then I remembered what I was reading.

We're lucky they mass suicide by gun and not by cumknife.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

Green Intern posted:

Today's Girl Genius has the Foglios drawing some confusing pants geometry.

They're held up by invisible suspenders.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

Green Intern posted:

Edit: I fear Girl Genius is entering another castle.

Worse, an adventuring dungeon.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

Hogge Wild posted:

someone said that it was a good comic so i tried to read it, but the face art was so bad that i couldn't

It was a good comic to start years ago, when well drawn comics weren't that plentiful. Now it coasts by on inertia and a need to see how the plot resolves.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

I don't get today's Oglaf...

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

Can someone do a recap of what all happened in this first chapter? I don't wanna go through 2800+ comics to do it myself.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

The dam was a date rapist and deserved what happened to it.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

Schlock Mercenary: Howard Tayler apparently killed off Tagon again and Petey nearly broke the galactic core (or so he says), wonder if this'll end up being fixed by another time travel episode.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

Captain Oblivious posted:

For some vague and undefined reason of gut instinct, I am convinced that this is going to end with Dr McNinja as the new King Radical.

According to the latest update, I'm pretty sure you're right.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

PunkBoy posted:

Goddamn, Dan McNinja. :stare:

Nice callback to the scene where Rayner gets laughed at for his beard and he snaps some random dude's neck while everyone is cracking up

It's ad that it is coming to a close, but what a finish!

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

At least they'll beat 8-beat theater for longest setup when they show Agatha using that time window machine.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

PMush Perfect posted:

Anybody else still read Darths & Droids? I haven't been really able to stay interested since, like, the end of A New Hope.

Only out of inertia. It's not as funny anymore because the plot isn't as ridiculous.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

Maybe he's the human version of Sparklelord.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

I like that McNinja ended. Not because I wanted it to end, but more good webcomic should be able to reach an end most people are happy with.

It has been a great read and I'll miss the updates, though.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

VGCats, but it updates every other month, maybe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

Sometimes there's real gems like the one about Worms.

• Locked thread