Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Mind over Matter posted:

Doc's bad at the "stealthy assassination" part of being a ninja, he completely falls for letting the villain explain his plot, back and forth banter, etc.
Maybe the McNinja part of his name is a reference to the McDojo he got his sick ninjitsus at?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

neogeo0823 posted:

Up till now, we've endured cum knives, convoluted plans of every sort, skyscraper-skydive battles that lasted for ages, cum farts, and all sorts of things.

I don't read the comic so this all sounds like the ramblings of a schizophrenic.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Mordja posted:

I don't read the comic so this all sounds like the ramblings of a schizophrenic.

So you have read the comic, then?

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Are... are you quite sure you really want to say that?
Taco Defender
Paris is SO hosed. (Girl Genius)

(Those things are slaver engines, which can spit out tiny mosquito-sized wasps which can allow the big bad to control the mind of whoever gets infected.)

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Mordja posted:

I havent read the comic either, and I dont plan on it. It probably wont live up to how batshit all the out of context chat in this thread makes it sound.

Forgall
Oct 16, 2012

by Azathoth

Agean90 posted:

I havent read the comic either, and I dont plan on it. It probably wont live up to how batshit all the out of context chat in this thread makes it sound.
It does.

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!

neogeo0823 posted:

The latest thrilling chapter of Demon has started today. It was kicked off with a comment from Shiga, himself.

Up till now, we've endured cum knives, convoluted plans of every sort, skyscraper-skydive battles that lasted for ages, cum farts, and all sorts of things. What the hell could Shiga possibly throw at this thing that would make him think we "couldn't take it"?

Morbidly curious about "It might not even a comic in the McCloudian sense of the word".

RoboCicero
Oct 22, 2009

"I'm sick and tired of reading these posts!"
Dude's always been really interested in non-linear choose-your-path-style narratives. Check out this article for a rundown -- I own Meanwhile and it's pretty impressive how he remixes the traditional "choose your own adventure" system in a comic format.

I don't doubt that Jimmy will have evolved a flatsicle that can operate independently of his body, allowing him to jump not only bodies, but entire timelines. Hunter, naturally, develops the same ability. The resulting fight will take up the rest of the comic as they fight not only each other, but the time-clones of each other, each having made a slightly different decision that you, the reader, are in charge of.

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer
The next several updates will be a series of photos of Jason Shiga setting up an elaborate and grisly suicide and resuming control of the comic in someone else's body.

TheRagamuffin
Aug 31, 2008

In Paradox Space, when you cross the line, your nuts are mine.

RoboCicero posted:

I don't doubt that Jimmy will have evolved a flatsicle that can operate independently of his body, allowing him to jump not only bodies, but entire timelines. Hunter, naturally, develops the same ability. The resulting fight will take up the rest of the comic as they fight not only each other, but the time-clones of each other, each having made a slightly different decision that you, the reader, are in charge of.

It's going to turn out that Shiga has been breadcrumbing pieces of Demon in all of his previous works, requiring the reader to read specific combinations of pages to follow the rest of the story.

Ironic Twist
Aug 3, 2008

I'm bokeh, you're bokeh

Belated, but RIP Owen Hart

Zweihander01
May 4, 2009

So in the other webcomic about demons, K6BD: So are those wings growing out of Metatron's wounds? It'd be pretty metal if those were just the wings that the Thorn angels cut off themselves and they just stuck them into his body. Is Metatron even alive there or what?

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Zweihander01 posted:

So in the other webcomic about demons, K6BD: So are those wings growing out of Metatron's wounds? It'd be pretty metal if those were just the wings that the Thorn angels cut off themselves and they just stuck them into his body. Is Metatron even alive there or what?

No I think that's just Metatron itself leaking out of the body. Metatron does live, after all, his body is just broken and he's been taking his time fixing it.

The thorn knights are in physical bodies, that's why they don't have wings.

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

The Lord of Hats posted:

That does raise a bit of a question--if a demon possesses someone, and leaves non-lethally,do they just kind of pop back into control of their body?

There was some implication that demons could end up duplicating themselves, iirc - this would presumably be how.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Agean90 posted:

You're oh so wrong. Every gonzo insane thing you read in this thread about that comic is a literal description of the events depicted in Demon.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Stabbey_the_Clown posted:

Paris is SO hosed. (Girl Genius)

(Those things are slaver engines, which can spit out tiny mosquito-sized wasps which can allow the big bad to control the mind of whoever gets infected.)

Oh man, Paris is so hosed.

At least they're probably not the Spark-possessing-capable ones. Paris has a lot of Sparks, combine it with their ability to create godly poo poo on the fly and they might be able to put up a decent resistance.

Actually, I suspect the more likely outcome, if Paris has any chance, will be Agatha's ability to command slavers coming back into play.

Why hasn't Gil spread the inoculation formula to loving everyone? Friend and enemy alike.

Zweihander01 posted:

So in the other webcomic about demons, K6BD

I recommend the Kill Six Billion Demons Thread.

Pretty sure those are wings that they've stuffed in there, simply because of the way it lines up with the Thorns removing their wings.

Begemot posted:

The thorn knights are in physical bodies, that's why they don't have wings.

6 Juggernaut isn't in his armour, we see that here. His ethereal body looks like that because it's been shaped by his hosed-up armor.

MikeJF fucked around with this message at 11:45 on Oct 24, 2015

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

For a city with a reputation for being the safest in all of Europe ruled by an omnipotent man, Paris comes pretty close to falling a lot.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

SlothfulCobra posted:

For a city with a reputation for being the safest in all of Europe ruled by an omnipotent man, Paris comes pretty close to falling a lot.

The city's motto is "fluctuat nec mergitur" so it fits.

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

Anyone here read Power Nap? Because if so, uh... Well, that doesn't bode well. :ohdear:

Ixjuvin
Aug 8, 2009

if smug was a motorcycle, it just jumped over a fucking canyon
Nap Ghost
im so angry that Jimmy isnt dead

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
If you had a blacklight, Mary Moonshine would look like a Jackson Pollock painting.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Ixjuvin posted:

you bastard how could you spoil me that I never would have seen it coming

Anyway, he may claim to be the smartest person alive, but he's not smart enough to use a comma in his last sentence. :colbert:

fondue
Jul 14, 2002

Ixjuvin posted:

I assumed that the woman that his nemesis inhabited was pregnant and Jimmy jumped to the fetus.

Dogwood Fleet
Sep 14, 2013

fondue posted:

I assumed that the woman that his nemesis inhabited was pregnant and Jimmy jumped to the fetus.

Next up, Jimmy makes an elaborate proof that life begins at conception.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
I just realized that the next pages might deal with Jimmy trying to find a way to kill himself in utero so he can get after hunter.

Rei_
May 16, 2004

The difference between confinement and rest is a shift in perspective

wouldnt he die anyway of suffocation shortly after hunter switches bodies

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
I'm guessing now he figures out the duplication trick. I think the Hunter that fought Jimmy is a different one than the one that captured Sweet Pea. If it's not, and Jimmy is possessing a fetus, he doesn't have a lot of time before Hunter switches to the apparently male body he had when he captured Sweet Pea. Theres also the consideration that a pregnant Hunter would have to take steps to ensure the possessed fetus isn't the closest candidate for a switch.

I had a theory that the duplication thing was just something Gellman made up to entice Jimmy, but since Hunter mentioned it, I guess it's real.

Dr Christmas fucked around with this message at 08:55 on Oct 26, 2015

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

...but experts warn it is
just a drop in the ocean.
What is going on with Schlock Mercenary? Did they lose the domain name?

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Captain Bravo posted:

What is going on with Schlock Mercenary? Did they lose the domain name?

No, just some DNS propagation issue. It should be solved now, so try flushing your cache.

Or you can try http://x.schlockapp.com/ but it's only updated when there's problems with the main site and since the problem is resolved you won't find today's update on it.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Captain Bravo posted:

What is going on with Schlock Mercenary?

It's been stuck in a rut for like six years where ithe author clearly doesn't want to be rehashing the exact same situation and 'jokes' sitcom-style forever but can't break its formula to build on anything he's set up narratively and its plotlines are growing less coherent

oh you mean the site being down

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

It's been stuck in a rut for like six years where ithe author clearly doesn't want to be rehashing the exact same situation and 'jokes' sitcom-style forever but can't break its formula to build on anything he's set up narratively and its plotlines are growing less coherent

oh you mean the site being down

:golfclap:

PopZeus
Aug 11, 2010
So my roommate and I made a silly 55 comic run called Soggies. It's about a omnipotent slug having fun in his own little universe. Going for a simple, crude, cut and paste style. If the below image appeals to you, check it out, it will only take a few minutes to click through 'em all, thanks!

https://ssooggggiieess.com/comic/1/

Pinch Me Im Meming
Jun 26, 2005

PopZeus posted:

So my roommate and I made a silly 55 comic run called Soggies. It's about a omnipotent slug having fun in his own little universe. Going for a simple, crude, cut and paste style. If the below image appeals to you, check it out, it will only take a few minutes to click through 'em all, thanks!

I'm at #12 and I like it so far. Slug is cool and not afraid of anything.

PopZeus
Aug 11, 2010

ReagaNOMNOMicks posted:

I'm at #12 and I like it so far. Slug is cool and not afraid of anything.

Haha thank you! That's like the perfect response to what we're going for.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

PopZeus posted:

That was oddly charming.

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

i like #4 because im pretty sure i've made that face at some point

Enkor
Dec 17, 2005
That is not it at all.
It took me a while to 'get' the slug, but after around #17 I was on board.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Shiga must love drawing the hell out of these past few pages.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

The pinnacle of cloud computing.

SynthOrange posted:

Shiga must love drawing the hell out of these past few pages.

He knows he's getting this poo poo published, he wants to get the most out of his comic by getting loads of ink onto the pages.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
oh. hrn, uhuhuhu here i am in your CACTUS GARDEN

• Locked thread