Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
what serendipity

oh octopus pie

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

paradoxGentleman posted:

why did you show me this
it's so good and now i cant stop reading it
there is a strip about loving 2008 jesus christ

octopus pie is indeed a good comic, although i have no idea what its update schedule is or if it has one

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
today in neo-kosmos:

welp

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
hm

i have no idea what's going to happen next in octopus pie

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
derelict started updating again at some point

dang is being, well, dang

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
that is a REALLY good caption

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

wiegieman posted:

The comic about the most loving terrifying lethal goof there's ever been. It's always a little jarring to see how Dang just cold-bloodedly offs people.

i was thinking about this reading that update

dang is like, this awkward isolated tinker nerd who when the chips are down will flip this switch and kill without hesitation

like, not even in the "human weapon" sort of sense, more like if the kid from home alone just loving executed the burglars with a knife from the kitchen after knocking them out

she clearly feels bad afterwards but like, what the hell happened in her past to make her like that

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Pyroclastic posted:

All Night, last updated Jan 2015. Creator's twitter is gone and tumblr hasn't been updated in months.

their twitter's still around? i think that life just got busy, as these things often go

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
he's shaking his head

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
today in neo-kosmos

lose a character we've seen in the flesh, gain a character we've seen in the flesh i guess

(i'm actually pretty hype)

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
today in neokosmos: this might get grisly

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i think when it comes to people with monster companions that don't quite obey the laws of physics that it's best to assume you cannot beat them up if you don't know what their deal is yet

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
ok maybe it's time to stop posting those directly into this thread

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

SlothfulCobra posted:

String Theory's been back for a while, and it's been truckin' away. Schtein has found his way back to being his old annoying self.

It's a shame that he's not going to go chasing after his old lab assistant, I wanna see more of what she's been up to.

oh cool, thanks

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
today in octopus pie, it'll be fine

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i caught up on necropolis again and it's pretty metal, in a pastoral sort of way (that's not actually the most recent update)

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
sin titulo was really good, i'm going to have to reread it

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

ok here

i am so flipping tired right now how do human beings manage to go outside literally every day of their lives

Tollymain fucked around with this message at 04:27 on Feb 13, 2016

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
widdershins is cool and good, do read it

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
if we're going to post ghost busters i'm going to have to bring up A Ghost Story

which is about a pair of not-really-legal ghost hunting losers and also their best friend lucy who is not pictured below

Tollymain fucked around with this message at 04:26 on Feb 13, 2016

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
on rereading sin titulo i'm kind of put off by the antagonist's bad guy cred being established/reinforced by sexual violence against women :/

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
another ghost busting comic that isn't nearly so established but shows some promise imo is Blackgrass

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
how many ghost busting comics are there anyways

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

fun hater posted:

so many, yet not enough,.,..

lucy! :buddy:

Space-Bird posted:

These are extremely amazing comics human beings should read to be cool.

I do kinda wish people could do a read-through 'book club' style chat of comics instead of just randomly posting whatevers... but I realize that might be a huge ask. I think it'd be a cool idea though.

could make a good thread

i could probably use rereading the comics i do read, just to pick up on the subtler foreshadowing and so on this time around

studiously avoids looking at my list of unread comics :v:

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

dmboogie posted:

there's also Wilde Life, which is admittedly less about busting ghosts and more like living with a chill ghost bro and encountering other weird supernatural stuff

nobody better bust that ghost <:mad:>

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i would argue that even narnia was obnoxious with its portrayal of religion; you have the good righteous christians and then the evil human-sacrificing (brown) non-christian people down to the south and east whoops

i'm not sure what it is but the story concept of christianity as good just generally doesn't seem to inspire writing interesting to anybody who isn't already pretty invested in christianity

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
evan dahm's work is really good read archivally (like, easily among the best webcomic work out there) but individual pages generally aren't as punchy as other stuff i read, so it's hard to keep up with regularly

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
kill six billion demons has religion as an element in the story but it's also a story where capital-g God committed holy suicide, the gods that came after are all long-dead (barring a twist), and the most powerful beings that rule all creation and call themselves demiurges are just really loving powerful people

idk if that really compares to any real-world religions or serves as a commentary on them :v:

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
didn't tolkien hate people reading christianity into his work

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
foolish goon, homestuck will never end

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
unsounded? dang

that does suggest an open mind

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
oh goddamnit of course

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
caught back up on stand still stay silent and it looks like the action is heating up again

this is not the most recent update of stand still stay silent, but it's pretty close and the most significant/least context-dependent

e: also, unsounded is back

Tollymain fucked around with this message at 10:40 on Feb 17, 2016

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

PleasingFungus posted:

i catch up on that comic once every month or so, and (a) it's still incredibly slow and (b) I seriously cannot tell half the characters apart

the nordic aesthetic...

i personally feel the author does a pretty good job of differentiating the characters? there's a lot of face/body diversity

other than every single person in surviving civilization being white as gently caress anyway :v:

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

PleasingFungus posted:

like, for example:

q: how often have I confused these two characters?

a: basically every time they show up

I actually had to read through the relevant page several times before I realized there were two different characters there...

they have similar noses and hair color, literally everything else is different

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
okay that's fair

alternative answer: human males and females don't look nearly as different as western culture has led you to believe

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Pavlov posted:

I'm usually pretty good at differentiating them IRL.

how much does that have to do with gender norms though? put them in the same sort of clothing with the same hairstyle and no makeup, you're going to find that humans form a pretty consistent spectrum from one extreme to the other and the middle is not nearly as underpopulated as you might guess

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
been reading a comic lately about a violent superpowered rear end in a top hat who ends up getting a plea deal to become a supercop because her dad's a bigshot

honestly i don't like the protagonist very much? but i like some of the character designs in this thing. check out these pages out

anyway it's named Paradise and it's on tumblr and tapastic, pick your awkward hosting poison if your interested

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i actually like the mc's design too, it's just, i'm kind of tired of violent superpowered antiheroes in general? mostly male characters, she at least breaks from that mold sorta i guess

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
idk if i'd go so far as to say that

i certainly don't remember anything specifically fetishy involved

• Locked thread